Home

Agent Harris's girlfriend

Posted By: VitoC

Agent Harris's girlfriend - 08/26/10 03:06 AM

In the last episode, "Made In America," we see Agent Harris (while laying in bed) giving the latest info concerning Phil to Tony, telling him that multiple phone calls were made by Phil from a phone in Oyster Bay. After Harris hangs up, we see the woman he's having an affair with (and who apparently gave him this information) getting dressed. She looks angry. Why is this?
Posted By: SC

Re: Agent Harris's girlfriend - 08/26/10 03:31 AM

It's been awhile since I watched the episode, but from what I remember, the woman was also an agent and she was upset that Harris was sharing info with Tony Soprano.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Agent Harris's girlfriend - 08/26/10 09:37 PM

Didn't he shout something like "we've won or they've war" cant remember now..
Posted By: Lovecraft

Re: Agent Harris's girlfriend - 08/27/10 12:00 AM

I think it's "I think we're going to win this thing", but I don't believe it's during that scene!
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Agent Harris's girlfriend - 08/27/10 04:53 PM

Was he talking about Tonys crew or the FBI???
Posted By: VitoC

Re: Agent Harris's girlfriend - 08/27/10 07:38 PM

The scene where the woman is getting dressed is different from the "We're gonna win this thing!" scene. In the latter, Harris is analyzing an al-Qaeda tape in his office when another FBI agent comes in and tells him that Phil was killed. I interpreted "this thing" as referring to the war, and "we" to mean both the Soprano family and Harris, since Harris was an ally of Tony in the war against Phil.
Posted By: Lovecraft

Re: Agent Harris's girlfriend - 08/27/10 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
Was he talking about Tonys crew or the FBI???

He was talking about Tony and his crew.

Originally Posted By: VitoC
The scene where the woman is getting dressed is different from the "We're gonna win this thing!" scene. In the latter, Harris is analyzing an al-Qaeda tape in his office when another FBI agent comes in and tells him that Phil was killed. I interpreted "this thing" as referring to the war, and "we" to mean both the Soprano family and Harris, since Harris was an ally of Tony in the war against Phil.

Exactly, the scene was used to show how emotionally invested Harris had become in his old division, even after all those years. I believe the scene was in reference to Lindley DeVecchio, an FBI supervisor, who yellled out the same thing when he found out Lorenzo "Larry" Lampasi had been killed.
Posted By: Paddy

Re: Agent Harris's girlfriend - 11/28/10 04:31 AM

What I have always wondered is how she knew who Harris was talking to. I don't recall if he gave it away out loud, but don't think he did.
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Agent Harris's girlfriend - 11/28/10 07:06 AM

This is actually a clever reference to a real FBI agent in a similar situation. His name is Lindley Deveccio, and Dwight Harris' line is actually a direct quote of Deveccio's. He's off the hook now, but he was in hot water for giving intel to some Colombos. But it goes without saying that Tony wasn't a counterpart of the man Deveccio aided.

And although I feel the war on Phil was rushed and only given a sliver of screentime, Agent Harris' plotline I found to be perfect.
Posted By: VinnyGorgeous

Re: Agent Harris's girlfriend - 01/24/11 09:25 PM

Who was the guy Delvecchio was feeding information to? Scarpa? Been a while since I read about this case.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Agent Harris's girlfriend - 01/24/11 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
Who was the guy Delvecchio was feeding information to? Scarpa? Been a while since I read about this case.

Yeah, it was Scarpa.
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: Agent Harris's girlfriend - 02/23/11 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
yeah greg scrapa lots of speculation as to what delvechio did for scrapa....ive heard that they even used scrapa in the Mississippi burning civil rights case.....who knows
Posted By: tt120

Re: Agent Harris's girlfriend - 02/23/11 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Paddy
What I have always wondered is how she knew who Harris was talking to. I don't recall if he gave it away out loud, but don't think he did.

maybe im twisted for thinking so but I think she was shooting him the bad looks because either the sex they just had was bad, or he literally couldn't get it up and they didn't have sex at all. The latter wouldn't be too far fetched as he was always complaining how much stress he was in. I don't think she had any idea who he was talking to
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET