Home

Donny K.

Posted By: dontommasino

Donny K. - 08/27/09 03:16 PM

He was not an important character, besides being the victim of Johnny Sack's temper. But, was it ever established whether he was a made guy or just an associate?
Posted By: Peter_Clemenza

Re: Donny K. - 09/14/09 11:36 PM

Donny K was an associate within the Gualtieri crew when Ralph Cifaretto was the crew's capo. He never became a "made guy," probably because he suffered from "nerve damage" and he became semi-retired after Johnny Sack assaulted him.
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Donny K. - 11/09/10 05:49 AM

Sorry to bump but felt I had to clear this up smile

In the episode "He is Risen", Tony is forced to pick the successor to the Aprile Crew after Gigi's passing. First off the Aprile Crew is referenced hundreds of times throughout the show as the traditional top earning crew. The Aprile Crew is always associated with union extortion, which requires plenty of associates. And the rest of the money comes from envelopes. More envelopes = more money, so it's safe to assume the crew was quite large.

So we know Donny K was one of the top 3 choices for eligibility for the Aprile Crew, which says a lot considering it's a top earning crew, filled to the brim with wiseguys. So it's pretty much indisputable that Donny was a made guy, and a high ranking one at that. Also I'm pretty sure an associate wouldn't be eligible in the first place.

Also I made some notes on the Aprile Crew's association with construction.
---------
1. "Another Toothpick" opens with a "Spatafore Bros. Construction" truck
2. In "Full Leather Jacket", Vito sends construction workers to build Beansie a handicap accessible rank
3. According to John or Carmine, Ralphie was the "point man" on the Esplanade construction project
4. Quote from Ralphie: "3 million a year from construction..."
5. Quote from New York (this is really interesting as its the first character development for Gene before "Members Only). Ralphie messed up the esplanade or went missing or something, and John or Carmine suggests "Put Pontecorvo in!"
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Donny K. - 11/09/10 08:36 PM

Welcome to the boards, BarrettM!
Posted By: Frank_Nitti

Re: Donny K. - 11/09/10 08:54 PM

Oh man, the beatdown Johnny Sac put on Donny K. was epic !!

Posted By: Mark

Re: Donny K. - 11/10/10 01:35 PM

In the words of Paulie Walnuts; "Oof, Madonne! Da beatin' Johnny Sack troo dis Donny K kid!"
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Donny K. - 11/12/10 03:18 AM

Thanks Capo!

I actually remember some more appearances from Donny K, but I could definitely be wrong. In "University", when they're all in the backroom with their favorite strippers. What looks like Donny is in the corner chatting to another mobster. Also in "Full Leather Jacket", I think he might be the one who brings Matt & Sean into Richie's office.

Nice Paulie impression haha.
Posted By: Quiet_Doms

Re: Donny K. - 08/15/18 10:31 PM

Donny K was a creepy looking guy.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET