Home

The Sopranos House

Posted By: Italian_Mafia_Boss

The Sopranos House - 08/06/09 06:50 PM

About two months ago I took a trip to New Jersey and I ended up visiting a few locations where The Sopranos was filmed which included the house, the real life Bada Bing!, and Pizza Land. I just wanted to let everyone know that The Sopranos house is A LOT bigger than it seems on TV. If anyone would like to see pictures just let me know.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: The Sopranos House - 08/07/09 03:37 PM

Was this part of the Sopranos Tour?

I'm thinking of doing that later this month, but was wondering if it was worth it, or if I should try and do some independent touring...

Re: The Sopranos House - 08/07/09 10:07 PM

I don't think they have the tour anymore, I went on my own independent trip.
Posted By: olivant

Re: The Sopranos House - 08/08/09 03:51 AM

I always wondered how Tony was able to rationalize to the IRS how he legally produced the income to buy or finance a $1.2 million home and a $3.2 million boat.

Re: The Sopranos House - 08/08/09 07:38 AM

He probably had friends in the IRS or paid someone off in the IRS.
Posted By: Sopranorleone

Re: The Sopranos House - 08/08/09 02:07 PM

If you visit the Sopranos HBO site, the tour is still in full swing. I've been dying to do it for years. Was about to do it this past July, until a family member became ill. I'll do it eventually.
Posted By: Mark

Re: The Sopranos House - 08/08/09 02:12 PM

Has anyone ever eaten at Pizzaland? I bet that split second shot in the opening credits has done wonders for that business.
Posted By: SC

Re: The Sopranos House - 08/08/09 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
I'm thinking of doing that later this month, but was wondering if it was worth it, or if I should try and do some independent touring...

Capo, it's a four hour tour and it's OK, but JUST OK. Tis, Geoff and I took the tour six years ago (hard to believe that it's been that long) and we had a good time but only because we were all together.

If you have the time, then I'd suggest it (since you're a big "Sopranos" fan) but don't feel badly if you don't make it.

Here are some links to threads that may be of interest to you:

SOPRANOS FILMING LOCATIONS - CLICK HERE

SOPRANOS BUS TOUR THREAD - CLICK HERE
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: The Sopranos House - 08/08/09 03:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Italian_Mafia_Boss
He probably had friends in the IRS or paid someone off in the IRS.

Very difficult, if not impossible (to paraphrase Rocco Lampone).

IRS agents are under the very watchful eye of the Justice Department. If an IRS Agent takes a bribe, the forensic accountants will catch them, and they know it.

I'd say that Tony washed his money the way most wiseguys do: Through assorted small businesses. Not one big one.

Plus, I'm sure that as a "Waste Managemant Consultant," he would be smart enough to be on the books for a very substantial salary.

Re: The Sopranos House - 08/08/09 05:52 PM

I can't find the tour anywhere on The Sopranos HBO website.
Posted By: SC

Re: The Sopranos House - 08/08/09 09:24 PM

Do a Google search on Sopranos Tours.

Speaking of tours, did you guys see the news about the small plane and helicopter crash in the Hudson River? 9 people were killed as the plane hit the back end of a tourist helicopter and all 9 aboard (both crafts) went into the River.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: The Sopranos House - 08/09/09 03:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark
Has anyone ever eaten at Pizzaland? I bet that split second shot in the opening credits has done wonders for that business.

I ate there before The Sopranos was on the air. It was 1 block from my ex-girlfriend's house.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET