Home

Coolest- Least annoying character....

Posted By: rearwheelslider

Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 11/12/08 07:24 PM

I enjoyed and wanted to see more of....

Finn(Meadows BF). It would be cool if he sided and was close with Tony and got whacked instead of Chrissy or something crazy...

ANY of Tony's gumars towards the end of the show.
Posted By: whisper

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 11/13/08 04:29 PM

I never liked Finn. I wished I could have smacked him in his stupid weird shaped face.

Little turd of a man he was.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 11/14/08 08:23 AM

Sure was, annoying,

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 11/14/08 06:30 PM

Not as annoying as Tennenbaum. No fucking way. You guys are haters. Finn was the shit.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 11/14/08 07:37 PM

Each to his own. But he was annoying and he wasn't in that many eps was he..
Posted By: BDuff

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 11/16/08 03:53 AM

Never enough of Johnny Sack for me, he was the most interesting character Chase created.

Until Meadow filled out and got hot, she was annoying.
Posted By: Santino Brasi

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 11/16/08 03:57 AM

Never enough Paulie Walnuts for me

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 11/16/08 07:20 AM

Toward the latter episodes, Meadow got ugly. Too mature.

As for Paulie, fuck yeah. He rocks.
Posted By: whisper

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 11/16/08 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: rearwheelslider
Not as annoying as Tennenbaum. No fucking way. You guys are haters. Finn was the shit.

No hating here bro, But Finn definitely wasn't "the shit"?

What is it you like about him so much? Dude was a fucking chump.
Posted By: The_Don_Is_Dead

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 04/08/09 10:40 AM

Furio and Chrissy were my favs, i also found a liking for Tony B.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 04/09/09 12:42 AM

Furio may best fit the description for being the coolest and least annoying character on the show.

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 04/09/09 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Furio may best fit the description for being the coolest and least annoying character on the show.

Yeah smile
Posted By: Debz

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 04/10/09 05:01 PM

Gotta love Sil smile
Posted By: Paddy

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 04/13/09 07:04 PM

The big man himself: Tony Soprano.
Posted By: jonathanh

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 04/14/09 07:12 PM

Furio? with that ponytail!! lol!!!!
Posted By: veneratio

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 05/21/09 09:09 PM

Defintely agree Don Cardi, the scene where Tony tests Furio and sends him in to the massage parlour with a baseball bat is awesome! One of my favourite scenes in the Sopranos. He kicked ass.

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 05/21/09 11:04 PM

I'm a big fan of Benny Fazio. I thought he was pretty cool.
Posted By: GottiMafia

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 05/26/09 01:46 AM

johnny sack without doubt...the way he smoked the cigarette too cool, honourable mention to Benny fazio
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 05/30/09 03:35 AM

Definately Furio, him and his view on golf, "it is a stupida fahking game"

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 05/30/09 07:19 AM

Originally Posted By: veneratio

Defintely agree Don Cardi, the scene where Tony tests Furio and sends him in to the massage parlour with a baseball bat is awesome! One of my favourite scenes in the Sopranos. He kicked ass.

I believe that Furio fucked up a whorehouse from what i remember.
Posted By: Sopranorleone

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 05/31/09 01:05 AM

DonIsDead, Furio did! It was great. Shot the guy owner in the kneecap, brutally beat his wife. Not that I condone violence, but it was fake anyway.

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 06/02/09 12:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Sopranorleone
DonIsDead, Furio did! It was great. Shot the guy owner in the kneecap, brutally beat his wife. Not that I condone violence, but it was fake anyway.

I love that scene, Furio is cool alright. He kicked ass in that scene.
I'm still not sure about his shirts though haha.
Posted By: LaFamiglia

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 06/05/09 06:54 PM

How about when Finn caught Vito performing oral sex early in the morning. When he pulls his head up from the guy's crotch is classic.lol. His face was pricless. I think the episode might be "Unidentified Black Males" in the Fifth Season.
Posted By: jersey_girl

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 07/21/09 01:03 PM

Finn was whimpy. Meadow should have been with a real man like they type her dad was.
Posted By: jersey_girl

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 07/21/09 01:05 PM

Loved Furio! Loved him!
Posted By: Don Dallal

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 07/21/09 08:03 PM

Chris & Syl cool
Posted By: Rocco1313

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 04/29/11 04:38 AM

AJ and Tony's mother were very annoying characters. Janice at times too.
Posted By: thebarber

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 04/29/11 09:28 PM

Larry boy baresse was the least annoying . He was spot on for a old school wiseguy
Posted By: VinnyGorgeous

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 05/04/11 02:50 PM

The least annoying character...Probably Hesh.

The coolest character...Johnny Sack.

My most favorite character...Ralphie Cifaretto.
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 05/07/11 03:03 PM

johnny sack
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 05/07/11 03:28 PM

Whenever I see Hesh, I'm thinking about Hyman Roth.
Posted By: Mastronardo

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 04/07/13 06:44 PM

Furio Guinta for sure.
Posted By: Frankie_Five_Angels

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 04/13/13 09:49 PM

Would have enjoyed to see more of Annalisa, the Italian mob boss. ...

Not that he was the coolest, but also would've liked to see more of the Ally Boy Barese character.

Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 04/14/13 12:26 AM

Phil Leotardo.

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 04/14/13 12:27 AM

Hesh too.
Posted By: Mr_Willie_Cicci

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 04/19/13 08:50 PM

Jackie Aprile, Sr, from what we saw of him.

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 04/20/13 07:55 PM

Jackie was excellent.
Posted By: ChardeeMcDennis

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 08/22/13 01:04 PM

i'd like to have seen more from johnny sack, benny fazio, phil leotardo and mikey palmice.

and i agree with the first posters, finn was not cool or awesome in any way. i like him more now that he's playing hymie weiss in boardwalk empire though
Posted By: Homers77

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 08/25/13 03:15 AM

Silvio n Paulie were great! Always made me laugh !!

I wish they showed more of Johhny Sack and the NY fam.

I also wish more of the associates/younger generation were shown like the guy Jackie Jr hung out with I think his name was Dino.. N

When Chris tells Tony something about Jackie Jr n hanging out with him Tony gets upset saying he didn't want Jackie jr involved which would imply Dino was involved.. Does it ever mention what he did besides the Rutgers and card game stick ups?
Posted By: F_white

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 08/25/13 07:17 PM

Silvio all day his look make to laugh.
Posted By: casertassquare

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 08/26/13 02:39 PM

gotta say carmine was, to me the most interesting character and rightly underused. serious old school intelligence and cunning but always about the money. c'mon, when he calls tony on the phone(which in real life an og gangster like carmine would never do) and tells tony hes got a problem with johnny sack."what? i didn't say nuthin" fucking hilarious. every scene he's in he commands respect. not like the jerkoffs who surrounded phil in the end. guess that was the point.
oh yeah, what about that italian fella who rolls with furio to collect from chip and dale. only speaks italian. the fuck he come from? never seen again. furio have his own crew of zips?
Posted By: Slava

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 08/26/13 11:53 PM

FBI chief Frank Cubitoso was cool. Scenes between him and Tony were great. grin
Posted By: xs0u1x

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 08/29/13 12:15 PM

Johnny sack. I was crying laughing when when he was in jail talking in code to his brother in law or whatever, and was like "what the fuck is "chicory"?

I would have loved to see more of jackie sr.
Posted By: ChardeeMcDennis

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 08/29/13 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: xs0u1x
Johnny sack. I was crying laughing when when he was in jail talking in code to his brother in law or whatever, and was like "what the fuck is "chicory"?

lmao yeah

"...no! an actual fucking cake! it's her birthday next week!"
Posted By: PatParisi

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 09/23/13 03:53 AM

My favorite character and also one that I thought was least annoying was Pasquale "Patsy" Parisi. When we were first introduced to him I thought he was a bit loco, but after he put the grief of his brother "Philly Spoons" behind him, he became my favorite character. When Christopher shows up at the construction site and pulls the gun on Patsy, and Patsy responds by not flinching a single muscle and immediately grabs the steel pipe and spits at Christopher, all I could think was "Man, this guy is a bad-ass son of a b*tch". I wish they had done more with him.
Posted By: littlemango

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 09/28/13 07:25 PM

Yeah Patsy was the man. just bides his time and takes care of his business

I'll always believe that patsy sets up tony at the end of the series. Meadow was dating patsy's son at the time, so through his son patsy was the only guy in the soprano family who would have knowledge of where tony was going to be that night.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 09/28/13 11:48 PM

to me the coolest and least annoying character was GiGi Cestone.

Ralphie: Wheres Tony?

GiGi: Getting his weasel greased.

coolest way to say a guys getting a blowjob. The way they just killed off his character was so shitty grin

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 09/30/13 06:24 PM

I also thought that initially but after rethinking the whole scenario I think New York had Tony killed. Obviously in La Cosa Nostra you can't one hundred percent trust anyone and even though Albie gave Tony the go ahead to get rid of Phil Leotardo, New York wouldn't have just let a "Glorified crew" get away with killing a boss. It was a sloppy hit that was could be easily tracked back to Tony and was eventually his downfall. I'd bet money on it that the Lupertazzi family had people watching Tony immediately and that's how they knew where he would be. Remember, Tony was in the restaurant before the man in Member's Only Jacket, he entered after Carmella and with A.J. reinforcing my idea that Tony was tailed to find out where he would be. There's nothing to show that the gun was placed in the restaurant like Michael Corleone's hit in GF I, MOJ only went to the bathroom to get a unsuspecting and clean shot at Tony. And the rest is history.

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 09/30/13 06:28 PM

But that's the beauty in that ending, even though it seemed like a cop out; here we are years later still discussing it.

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 09/30/13 06:47 PM

I think it was a double cross the whole time. I think the deal that was set up and struck with tony through the contact in the third family (who I think was a representative of the lucchese family) for phil was real, but albie planned to double cross tony and kill him anyway (think luciano-masseria-maranzano) because tony and phil were creating a problem for everybody. Also tony had really been on borrowed time since usurping his uncle in season 1 and number of other ridiculous stunts, most of which are outlined in the "tony worst mob boss" thread.

I always reason it out that at the meeting between albie and tony, paulie joins tony. I think later on they reach out to paulie (who's been on the outs with tony since the pine barrens episode in season 3) and while he's very loyal, he's also a prototype wiseguy who's not afraid to change his tune to suit his needs. After silivio got shot, I don't think paulie was going to dig his grave with tony.
Patsy is in paulie's crew after he was brought over from junior's crew in season 2, and paulie would be one of the few who would know that patsy's son is dating meadow, so albie reaches out to paulie and they reach a deal; paulie talks to patsy who talked to his son and they see an opportunity, they send a guy on short notice to the dinner and there you go.

Tony could have been tailed, I don't remember where he was before going to the dinner so I can't really have an opinion on that theory.

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 09/30/13 06:48 PM

and yeah it is great how it can still inspire so much talk and theory after all these years

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 09/30/13 07:14 PM

Tony went to meet Dr. Melfi before heading to Holsten's, it's the scene where she tells him that she is no longer seeing him as a patient because therapy is useless on sociopaths. And as we found out earlier in the series; season two I believe, Carmine Lupertazzi and many of the New York mobsters knew Tony was seeing a shrink for his "Episodes" as they put it. So, it's very possibly that someone tailed him, waited for him to enter the restaurant, saw Carmella enter and knew that they were gathering there for dinner, waited for A.J to walk in and followed him in and in the words of Paulie "On it goes, this thing of ours".

I love hearing all the theories though, it makes for great conversation. I could see The Sopranos become a staple in English Literature classes in the future. It's rife with symbolism, theory and so many other things that great literature is known for.
Posted By: LittleMan

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 10/01/13 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By: littlemango

Patsy is in paulie's crew after he was brought over from junior's crew in season 2, and paulie would be one of the few who would know that patsy's son is dating meadow, so albie reaches out to paulie and they reach a deal; paulie talks to patsy who talked to his son and they see an opportunity, they send a guy on short notice to the dinner and there you go.

Interesting take on Patsy- especially because he's never gotten over his twin getting clipped.

But if his son was going to marry Meadow, then he would just have to look at Christopher and Bobby to see how fast "relatives" move up in the family. It would have been better for Patsy to get into the inner circle through marriage.

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 10/01/13 10:57 PM

pat - the new york guys knew he was seeing a shrink, but that doesn't mean they know where. in season one when tony was in his depressed fog chris unknowingly tailed him to the building that tony sneaks through to go to his shrink.
It's certainly a very plausible theory that he was tailed because after the phil hit his guard would be down and not necessarily trying to shake a tail, and it would mamke more sense for the timeline (because if pat had set him up, you would think the killers would have been waiting for tony at holsten's instead of coming in behind aj well after tony had arrived)

little man - i agree, except i think the soprano ship was sinking. tony's inner circle was decimated in the war, he has rico indictments coming down, his professional life was in shambles and I believe albie was going to double cross tony because he thought tony was to much a loose cannon and had broken so many rules I just can't imagine another boss would want to cast his lot with him unless he absolutely needed commission support, tony wasn't on the commission and albie had backing of a second new york family and therefore didn't need tony for anything
Therefore I think Patsy would not have seen enough benefit to stay with tony
Posted By: Grandfather

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 10/12/13 10:32 PM

cant belive nobody actually mentioned junior. ok, maybe he wasnt the coolest, but he was cosa nostra to the core, before becoming senile and demented. i mean he tried to kill hes nephew whom he loved like a son for disrespecting him by meeting with other capos behind his back. also, his witty statements were one of the best thing in the show for me grin one other character that really caught my eye was albert barese. he really painted the picture of cool, composed , silent type tough guy who u dont wanna fuck with. its really a shame there was so little of him in the show.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 10/12/13 10:50 PM

Junior-Guy comes home with a bouquet of flowers for his wife. "I guess I'll have to spread my legs now.", she says. "Why?", he asks, "don't ya have a vase?".

lol

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 10/13/13 01:30 AM

Junior and Hesh all day.
Posted By: Grandfather

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 10/13/13 10:20 PM

one of the coolest junior scene was when fbi investigators are interrogating him, and at the beginning they ask: do you prefer corrado or junior. he says: i prefer mr soprano smile real old school
Posted By: maddog

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 07/28/14 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: GottiMafia
johnny sack without doubt...the way he smoked the cigarette too cool, honourable mention to Benny fazio

yes loved the way he puffs

Nobody say Tony Soprano the main man. he's too cool at times
Posted By: NinoBrown

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 07/29/14 09:42 AM

It is Tony S for me as coolest with Chrissy coming in a close second.
Posted By: DonNordy

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 07/29/14 07:57 PM

Sil is my coolest. I can do without Bobby Baccula. I always got annoyed with him. Jun's personal gopher..lol
Posted By: BostonGuy17

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 07/29/14 11:29 PM

I'd go with Johnny Sack and Sil, plus I think that Uncle Jun was pretty cool, until he went insane that is...I also like Phil just because of the actor, Frank Vincent, he's awesome in every movie he's in.
Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 07/29/14 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By: veneratio
Originally Posted By: Sopranorleone

I love that scene, Furio is cool alright. He kicked ass in that scene.
I'm still not sure about his shirts though haha.

The shirts were part of what made Furio cool! He was a zip and he did not give a fuck what anybody thought.
I thought Uncle Pat was a great character. He was a retired old school made guy who still had an itch for action. Remember when he was plotting to bust Junior out.
Posted By: PetroPirelli

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 08/09/14 11:33 PM

Johnny Sack was a great character. Tony's sister was probably my least favorite character - she was an evil bitch.
Posted By: cocooma

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 08/19/14 01:50 PM

albert barase when he always repeats the person hes talking to's last sentence always made me laugh
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 08/20/14 10:53 AM

John sacks was a good character especially since I never saw that actor or played him before that show.

Same is true with the actor that played Furio.

But my favorite character was Richie Aprile closest To the real thing on the show.

Also liked Carlo never saw him do violence except one time when the NY guy started to talk about the murder of the fat gay guy.
Posted By: slumpy

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 08/22/14 07:15 PM

Sil, uncle jun, and furio had to be my favorites.

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 08/22/14 10:29 PM

Sil all day.
Posted By: Dbm7

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 08/25/14 06:02 PM

Albert Barese, that was one cool cat.
Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 08/25/14 06:14 PM

That was one cool cat.
Posted By: Dbm7

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 08/26/14 10:47 PM

Ya, he handled the Richie Aprile situation nicely.
Posted By: ThisGuyOverHere

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 11/11/14 03:17 PM

All time favorite: Ralphie Cifaretto. I judge a man soley on how cool he sounds when he says "whore."
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SoCRAswbNA
Posted By: Primo

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 11/11/14 03:29 PM

I'd say Larry Barese and Johnny Sac. Bobby too when he wasn't an idiot lol and Junior
Posted By: tenpin477

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 11/11/14 05:16 PM

The coolest character was pretty clearly Old Man Bacalla.

I think Larry Boy is my number 2.

"Hey fuck stick did they ever show you these in medical school? Theyre called balls"
Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 11/11/14 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By: ThisGuyOverHere
All time favorite: Ralphie Cifaretto. I judge a man soley on how cool he sounds when he says "whore."

In Ralphie's world, the "w" in "whore" is NOT silent.
Posted By: ThisGuyOverHere

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 11/29/14 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt
Originally Posted By: ThisGuyOverHere

In Ralphie's world, the "w" in "whore" is NOT silent.

"Get it all out, you little whoo-ah!"
Posted By: Johnny_Dio

Re: Coolest- Least annoying character.... - 11/29/14 09:57 AM

Coolest character was of course Paulie Walnuts, then we have Carlo Gervasi, then the cool silent character Luigi ''Gigi'' Cestone, also Walden Belfiore and Chris Moltisanti. To make it easy

top three best Famous Characters;

Tony Soprano

Paul Gualtieri

Chris Moltisanti

Top three least famous characters;

Gigi Cestone

Carlo Gervasi

Walden Belfiore or Richie Aprile
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET