Home

Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE**

Posted By: Don Cardi

Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/08/07 03:22 PM

I am starting this topic for discussion of this season's first episode. As suggested to me by Don Malta, I named it Season 6B - Episode 1 **Spoilers Possible** so that those who have not been fortunate enough to see this episode yet will have the option to choose whether to open this topic or not.

Perhaps each week, when someone starts a topic about that week's episode, they can title that topic "Season B - Episode 2 **Spoilers Possible**." "Season B - Episode 3...." and so on and so forth.

Posted By: BDuff

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/08/07 04:24 PM

Today's the day! I am so pumped for tonight, though this season will be bittersweet.
Posted By: olivant

The '07 Season - 04/09/07 01:58 AM

What is Chase setting up? I kept waiting for a shot to ring out and someone to hit he dirt.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 02:00 AM

I enjoyed it. I think Steve Schirippa showed us some real acting chops tonight, he really shined. It's really too early to tell, although it's crystal clear that Christopher is on the outs. Next week should lay alot of groundwork.
Posted By: Sopranorleone

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 02:03 AM

And I dont think that gun charge is going away- maybe its found out that it was used in a murder- possibly ADRAINA'S!??! or maybe the kid that found it killed somebody. I think maybe a security camera recorded Bobby's image on the dry cleaner and that will force him to turn state's evidence... Chris is in some real trouble, it seemed at some point Tony was considering grooming Bobby to insulate himself.

But overall, that was one funny episode!
Posted By: reynols

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 02:09 AM

good episode with a glimpse into some things to come. bobbys shirt getting torn off, and in agreement with pizzaboy between the movie thing and his instability chris might be on the outs one way or another. good premiere with some funny moments.
Posted By: SC

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 02:12 AM

The episode certainly laid the groundwork for future shows.

My gut feeling is Bobby will get "caught" somehow (maybe as his shirt was ripped as he shot the dude there was some DNA evidence left behind) and will face the dilemna of cooperating with the Feds (against Tony).

A fair season opening.
Posted By: Rocco_Spaccamuro

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 02:13 AM

those sopranos...they go too far goddamn it lol good episode, felt bad for bobby, but he mustve known after that it wouldve been him dead instead of that canadian if it werent for the situation he and tony were in with those drugs.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 02:14 AM

Are we gonna stay in this thread ? Cuz I don't wanna ruin it for anyone.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 02:14 AM

It almost seems too obvious that Chris is on the way out. But this is the last season, so maybe what looks obvious will happen this time.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 02:16 AM

Maybe his movie, CLEAVER, hits Tony a little too close to home and that's why Carmela looks upset with him in the coming attractions.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 02:16 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Are we gonna stay in this thread ? Cuz I don't wanna ruin it for anyone.

Yeah... just as we did in past seasons, each show had its own discussion thread. The "'07 Season" thread has been transferred to this one.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 02:22 AM

Maybe his movie, CLEAVER, hits Tony a little too close to home and that's why Carmela looks upset with him in the coming attractions.

Good point... I hadn't thought that before but it makes perfect sense.

Whats gonna be up with Phil Leotardo and Gerry Torciano?? Gerry was "teasing" Phil in the show and the coming attractions hint that Gerry would take over for Johnny Sac.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 02:23 AM

Above posts transferred.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 02:24 AM

I think Tony resents Baccala's happiness and apparent stability as a family man. His real family, not his mob family. Bobby seems to have more morals than any of Tony's other associates. He loves his kids. He cried like a baby when he lost his wife. And he took care of Junior like he was caring for his own father, he even bought him stool softener.

Tony seems to resent other people being happy, especially within his own circle of friends and family. I think he's enjoying holding this kid's murder over Bobby's head. As if to say "Hey Bobby, look, you're no better than me."

Then again, Tony's motives are Melfi's job, not mine.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 02:24 AM

Expect to see Little Carmine playing a major role in upcoming episodes.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 02:33 AM

I think, judging from the coming attractions, Tony will try to get Little Carmine to step up, creating conflict in New York.

This movie of Christopher's is going to create alot of tension between him and Tony. It looked to me like his AA sponsor/psychiatrist ?? was telling him to stay away from Tony and the guys to further his sobriety.
Posted By: Don Aleksandr

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 02:36 AM

I can't think of a more fitting end than Tony having to take out Chris. For the entire series Tony has groomed Chris, loved the kid more than he loved most, and shown more patience with him than he would anyone else - Chris's death is inevitable.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 02:43 AM

I agree. I said it earlier this week. I'd like to see Tony have to take him out under pressure from New York, like with Tony B.

Except this time, maybe he doesn't mind so much. I don't know why, but I really think this movie business is gonna create major havoc in his relationship with Tony.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 02:47 AM

I agree that the movie will cause problems between them, but I think that if he does hit Chris it'll have a dramatic impact on the rest of the series as far as Tony's fate.

1. I think it would cause his depression to go into overdrive.
2. Carmella would find out and leave him again, this time for good.
3. The cops might link him to the murder. How would it be if the feds finally did get Tony for a murder at the end...Christopher's.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 02:50 AM

Yeah, but what if it actually ends with Christopher's murder ? And Chase gives us a life goes on ending, leaving Tony's fate to our imagination.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 02:54 AM

I'd really hate that. I love having closure when a series ends, not a 'leave it up in the air' ending to a great series.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 02:57 AM

Oh, I do too, but Chase has been notorious for loose ends over the years. Time will tell.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 02:58 AM

Well if he does it for the series finale I hope either Gandolfini or the guy who played Vito sit on him at the wrap party.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 03:04 AM

I don't expect total closure. I think the door will be left open for a film in the future.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 03:10 AM

I would hate that. As a loyal Sopranos watcher I want the show to be ended the same way it was started on TV. I don't want to have to shell out 10 bucks 4 years from now to be able to see how things really end with the Sopranos. Chase oughta do right by the fans and end this series right now holding nothing back.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 03:13 AM

Don't get excited Don A, he might very well do that. We'll know when it's over whether or not a movie can even be made, so let's just wait and see.
Posted By: ap_capone48101

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 04:06 AM

Was it me or did Bobby have rubber gloves on when he shot the guy. I could swore he had them on otherwise, why drop the gun?

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 04:14 AM

Its not only fingerprints that can tie a gun used in a killing to its shooter. The ballistics can prove that also. IF the gun was tested (and still in Bobby's possession) he would've been in deep trouble. Bobby had to get rid of the gun.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 04:28 AM

lol, yeah I realized that after I made the post. Also, I still think he had gloves on and all the people I watched it with didt see it, so did anyone else see it or am I seeing things.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 04:47 AM

I just went back and watched it. He had rubber gloves on, although there is a part in the scene where it looks like he isn't wearing them.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 04:47 AM

The previews portend a slugfest between NY & NJ. And where is Christopher?

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 04:52 AM

Perhaps Chris is in California on movie business.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 04:56 AM

The gloves are latex. He doesn't have them on until he enters the laundry room.

What significance is there to it being Bobby's first hit?

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 04:57 AM

Just watched the west coast feed (to see the show again... even though I DVR'd it).... What an excellently made show this is.

Seeing Bobby Bacala come back after the shooting and picking up his daughter... what must have been going through his mind. A great ending!

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 05:00 AM

Originally Posted By: olivant

What significance is there to it being Bobby's first hit?

Wouldn't it be a trip if the guy he killed was Janice's son, Harpo? Harpo's father was French-Canadian and Harpo was a guitar player. \:o

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 05:24 AM

Originally Posted By: SC

Wouldn't it be a trip if the guy he killed was Janice's son, Harpo? Harpo's father was French-Canadian and Harpo was a guitar player. \:o

This was actually suggested in another forum, but the name of the character that was killed is "Rene LaCours".
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 06:50 AM

Bobby had to get rid of the gun.

...and there was no where else to leave it, in the wilderness of upstate NY? I'd've tossed it into the woods or lake myself... But in retrospect, I suppose you don't want the Feds doing more searching than need be - so I guess leaving the gun was proper...

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 06:53 AM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff
Bobby had to get rid of the gun.

...and there was no where else to leave it, in the wilderness of upstate NY? I'd've tossed it into the woods or lake myself...

And run the risk of getting stopped while crossing the border (with the gun) back into New York??
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 06:57 AM

Added my P.S. first, after thinking about it ;\) In addition, I didn't quite remember they were in Canada. Yet, even more wilderness, but still, why make them search and find your home across the lake... it was the smart move after all ;\)

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 10:23 AM

I read something like that also on another forum, however, isn't Harpo in Seattle? Anyway good episode, I laughed so hard when Chris called Tony, but he hung up immediatley!

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 11:57 AM

What an excellently made show this is.

Seeing Bobby Bacala come back after the shooting and picking up his daughter... what must have been going through his mind. A great ending!

I'll tell you what he was thinking. Tony made it a choice for Bobby. Without verbally saying it, he told Bobby that either you kill this guy or you're a gonner yourself. And in Bobby's mind that meant that either his children would never see their father again or this guy's kid would never see him again.

That hit was based on the fact the there was a child custody battle going on which clearly upset Bobby when he was told the details.

When Bobby returns from the hit, he realizes that by killing this guy, the guy would never see his kid again. He realized that by his killing this guy, he, unlike this guy, was able to return home to his own daughter once again.

Bobby realized that he himself had come close to winding up like this guy that he just killed and would not have been able to see his own daughter ever again had he not done this hit.

When he went right over to her when he returned to the house, it was an

"Oh boy, thank God! I can't even imagine never being able to ever see and hold you ever again"

feeling that Bobby resonated to me in that scene.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

When Bobby returns from the hit, he realizes that by killing this guy, the guy would never see his kid again. He realized that by his killing this guy, he, unlike this guy, was able to return home to his own daughter once again.

The dead guy had a kid?
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 01:27 PM

So how accurate were the AICN "Spoilers" from weeks back anyhow?

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 01:52 PM

The dead guy had a kid?

When Bobby and Tony meet with those guys about the prescription drug deal, they give Bobby and Tony a price per pill. One of them mentions to Tony that his sister is having a problem with her husband over child custody. Tony negotiates a better price on the prescription drugs and tells the guy that they'll take care of his problem. Then when they leave Tony says to Bobby, "You'll take care of this, right? No bow and arrows." and Bobby says "Sure."

The guy that Bobby kills is the brother in-law of one of the two guys that they met with, the one who is giving the drug dealer's sister a hard time over custody of their kid. Bobby even looks at a picture of the guy with his wife and kid right before he kills him.

Question: Anyone see the credits list a Dominic Chianese JR. who plays a character named Dominic?

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 02:10 PM

There is no way that the Boss of a Mob family can let one of his people, brother in-law or not, get away with physically hitting him the way Bobby did Tony.

I still don't see Tony letting Bobby get away with this.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 02:14 PM

Finally!!! This episode kept my interest throughout. While most of the regulars were absent this week, I think the attention was drawn to mostly Tony and his feelings about aging, family, and not really knowing how he'll end up.

It started out good from his arrest (btw what is a hollow point bullet and why is it worse than any other?)

Also, When Carm was telling about the 3 year old drowning (per Tony's request), Tony said, "I can't get that story out of my mind, I don't know why." I wonder if that's perhaps a sign of something to come. Will someone drown?

The monopoly game turned out to be a disaster though. Tony's age seemed to be really bothering him (obviously). He later said that he lost his footing and that's why Bobby "won". I will have to check it again, because I didn't notice he lost his footing.

I think someone else implied,and I agree that Bobby really had no choice but to kill that kid in the laundramat, or he'd be dead meat. Good point about the hidden camera, and I too wonder about Bobby's ripped shirt. I don't see Bobby as a cold blooded killer (obviously I'm wrong)

The two guys that Tony/Bobby were making the pill deal with though, I'm wondering if they might be some kind of plant. I don't know that I'd trust them for some reason.

Don't know if it's because this is the last season, or because it's been so damn long since I've seen a new episode, or if I'm just darn easy to please, or if it was just good, but I did enjoy this episode.

TIS

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 02:21 PM

I enjoyed it also TIS, and got the same out of it that you did as far as Tony and his starting to be bothered by his age, thinking about kids, family, and where he'll wind up.

The last episode of last season ended with a "family" atmosphere. In that episode when Tony goes to visit Phil in the hospital, he tells Phil that when he recovers from his heart attack he should start worrying more about the family and the grandkids. Then in this episode we hear Phil tell his guys that he's going to start paying more attention to his grandkids.

Chase definitely has established a family mentality for the final episodes of this show. What he's up to with that, only time will tell. ;\)

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 02:52 PM

I agree DC. I think that Chase might be setting us up for major tragedy by allowing Tony to finally be in a place where he can enjoy his home life, making it all the more tragic if something were to happen to any of them.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 03:16 PM

Keep in mind too the RICO case the Feds are building.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 03:22 PM

RICO? I don't know no fuckin Rico!

Great Episode, opens up a lot of possibilities...

Why is Tony so mad at Chris?

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 03:22 PM

Lotta shit going on, Ollie.
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 03:50 PM

I assume Tony is sorta pissed that Chris basically took a Tony-esque character in CLEAVER...and it not being so pleasant.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 03:52 PM

When Tony and Bobby are out in the boat, Tony mentions that Bobby has never killed anyone, and Bobby admits that his father didn't want that for him, etc. Tony tells him he should be happy he never has, that it sucks. So, for punishment, Tony makes the deal with the Canadians to kill this guy, and then makes Bobby do it.

As for the fight with Tony, Tony deserved it. He loves to do this with Janice, just as he did when she was so proud of her anger management counseling, how it helped her, and then he egged her on until she lost it. He can be such a bastard at times.

Loved Janice's line about how she "exploded" when her ex-boyfriend hit her! Was that the understatement of the year, or what??

I was wondering what sort of groundwork Chase was putting down, with Janice's talk of how Tony would do anything she told him to when he was a kid.
Warning, Spoiler:
I read that Tony's big breakthrough with Melfi this year is that he recalls an inappropriate sexual relationship with Janice when they were kids. Given some of the dialogue last night, this could be possible.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 03:54 PM

When Bobby comes back at the end, is that the other sister(cant remember her name for the life of me) and her huband sitting there or just some people.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: ap_capone48101
When Bobby comes back at the end, is that the other sister(cant remember her name for the life of me) and her huband sitting there or just some people.

You're thinking of Barbara.

Its not Barbara in that scene (some other people). Remember that Janice told Bobby some other couple was coming over (before he left on his trip to kill the guy).

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 04:58 PM

Ah, thats her name. Thanks.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 06:48 PM

Anyone know who Dominick Chianese JUNIOR is on the show? The credits have him listed as playing a character named Dominic.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 06:57 PM

He has an IMDB profile but I can't find any pics.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 07:39 PM

He was probably one of Phil's crew, no??
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 07:52 PM

It wasn't bad. Bobby and Tony coming to blows wasn't a surprise since Tony kept insulting Janice with snide remarks. I thought Tony was going to kill Bobby because of the small boat that was on the lake aka Fredo from the Godfather. Tony sitting in the chair reminded me of Michael from GF2.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 08:35 PM

For a moment, when Janice was telling Carmela that she once exploded on an ex boyfriend ( Richie Aprile of course), I thought that she was going to take out Bobby.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 08:54 PM

From the episode's beginning to the sitdown with the Canadiens, I was ready for a shot to ring out and for someone to hit the dirt, especially while they were playing Monopoly. Good suspense. But I was glad that Tony got a beating. He needed it. And I disagree that Tony made Bobby pay a price by killing that guy. Afterall, Tony seemed to be telling Bobby while in the boat that he was going to move him up. But to do so I think it appropriate that Bobby make his bones.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
So how accurate were the AICN "Spoilers" from weeks back anyhow?

Actually, they were accurate to the letter.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 09:28 PM

I disagree that Tony made Bobby pay a price by killing that guy. Afterall, Tony seemed to be telling Bobby while in the boat that he was going to move him up. But to do so I think it appropriate that Bobby make his bones.

I don't know about that Olivant. Re-watch the scene when Tony askes Bobby if he's going to handle it. The way that he asks him if he's going to handle it and then says "..and no bow and arrows."

I believe it was Tony's way of making Bobby pay for giving him the beating.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/09/07 09:34 PM

I think Tony resents Baccala's happiness and apparent stability as a family man. His real family, not his mob family. Bobby seems to have more morals than any of Tony's other associates. He loves his kids. He cried like a baby when he lost his wife. And he took care of Junior like he was caring for his own father, he even bought him stool softener.

Tony seems to resent other people being happy, especially within his own circle of friends and family. I think he's enjoying holding this kid's murder over Bobby's head. As if to say "Hey Bobby, look, you're no better than me."

Then again, Tony's motives are Melfi's job, not mine.

I agree DC, this is how I put it in an earlier post.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 09:37 PM

I got the same impression DC, and think it may come back to Tony. Bobby was sloppy I think, leaving the ripped part of his shirt, and although I see others' point, I don't know that I'd have dropped the gun right there in the laundramat.

What "could" happen is, Bobby will be tracked down by the police and as someone else here said, will turn states evidence agains Tony to save his own skin. Yea, they are all murderers, but I see Bobby thinking about his family and doing whatever it takes to get out of jail. Then again if that happens and he rats on Tony, he could die before he even gets a chance to testify. .
Bada Bing!!! There's another last season whacking. \:D

TIS

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 09:44 PM

Anyone know who Dominick Chianese JUNIOR is on the show? The credits have him listed as playing a character named Dominic.

He played "Dominic", the guy in the scene with Frank Vincent, who seemed to be getting on his nerves.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 10:10 PM

Thanks Lou.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 10:17 PM

people are reading too into the ripped shirt of bobby's. the ripped shirt represents a piece of bobby's soul that was left behind after he killed that kid, thats what i think anyways, and i think i read that in an earlier post. besides the cops would need to test it for any traces of dna and theyd have to find matches and everything, too long and complicated to put in the show. besides it was left behind in canada, it wouldnt be available to the states police, to the canadian authorities its a homeland murder, they have no clue it was a connected mafia murder. but anyways ive run on too long lol i hope ppl get my point.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Bobby will be tracked down by the police and as someone else here said, will turn states evidence agains Tony to save his own skin. \:D

TIS

I'm thinking Christopher turns on Tony. Several seasons back, there was a point when he was disgusted with Tony. There was also the time when he was thinking about getting out of the life and going into screenwriting. Then Aidrianna tried to get him to turn when she was informing on them. Now Tony is pissed off at him, hung up on him, and Christopher knows that Tony ordered the hit on Adrianna. Factor in that New York wants to put a hit on someone close to Tony and the feds warned Tony at the end of last season that someone close to him was in danger, and you have the makings of a Christopher running scared from Tony being pissed with him and possibly finding out that there may be a contract out on him from his enemies, and the only way to go is rat.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Rocco_Spaccamuro
people are reading too into the ripped shirt of bobby's. the ripped shirt represents a piece of bobby's soul that was left behind after he killed that kid, thats what i think anyways, and i think i read that in an earlier post. besides the cops would need to test it for any traces of dna and theyd have to find matches and everything, too long and complicated to put in the show. besides it was left behind in canada, it wouldnt be available to the states police, to the canadian authorities its a homeland murder, they have no clue it was a connected mafia murder. but anyways ive run on too long lol i hope ppl get my point.

Good points. Bobby wore latex gloves, so no prints or powder burns, so get rid of the gun right away. I assume it was hot.

Also, Tony making the remark about the bow and arrow I took as comedic, that's all. While it's true that Tony tends to resent people, I don't think it will amount to anyhting in this case.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 10:37 PM

You're probably right Olivant. I guess I'm letting my heart rule my brain. I just happen to find resentment to be just about the ugliest character trait there is and Tony frustrates me. It's really a testament to Gandolfini's great acting to make me even take a minute of television personally.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 10:41 PM

I agree DC. I think that Chase might be setting us up for major tragedy by allowing Tony to finally be in a place where he can enjoy his home life, making it all the more tragic if something were to happen to any of them.

If anybody close to Tony gets whacked, I hope it's AJ. He's a bastard.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/09/07 10:48 PM

It was very nice of AJ's girlfriend to be so concerned about Tony's arrest. "They let himout already ?"

Nice.

Posted By: Ryno_Smith

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/10/07 04:51 AM

I think Bobby kills himself, him looking at his kids, and the picnic setting gave me that idea.. Does he really wanna do this?

I think Meadow just disappears.. Didn't Tony reject of her seeing that black guy from school? Why is AJ allowed to date a black girl? That will be brought up.

I think Chris turns evidence against Tony.. Stuff is starting to do down between them..

Tony will not be killed!

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/10/07 05:26 AM

I saw making Bobby do the hit as punishment but I think there will be more down the line as well.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/10/07 11:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Ryno_Smith
Why is AJ allowed to date a black girl?

I believe A.J.'s girl is Dominican.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/10/07 01:18 PM

I think everyone is in agreement that something is gonna go down involving Bobby. Bobby laid his hands on the boss of the family. I don't think Tony is gonna be satisfied with this one hit he forced Bobby to do. Tony's pride was hurt tremendously.

I say Bacala gets pinched and turns states evidence...or he gets whacked.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/10/07 01:46 PM

I think it's all misdirection. Bobby will survive and something else out of the blue will occur.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/10/07 02:01 PM

What if Bobby did get killed but Tony had nothing to do with it ? It could happen, it's a hazard of his trade. You know Janice would blame him anyway. Janice then kills Tony.

Ha Ha.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/10/07 02:06 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that TONY gets pinched and is convinced to testify against his colleagues in exchange for immunity and Witness Protection.

If the Feds can play on Tony's love of his REAL family, and convince them that he is no longer safe, and neither is his family, I could see Tony flipping.

How can Bobby beat up Tony? - 04/10/07 03:45 PM

Is this the same Tony that beat up some muscle head young bodyguard a week after being in a coma, only to lost to a guy that was said never to be in a fight before?

Chase should have watched some old episodes.

Re: How can Bobby beat up Tony? - 04/10/07 03:48 PM

That kid knew if he fought back he wasn't walking out of that club alive. This was a totally different scenario.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/10/07 03:57 PM

That kid did hit Tony..

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/10/07 04:40 PM

I don't recall if that kid did or did not hit him back. Something tells me that he didn't, but I'm not 100% sure.

Regardless, Tony blind sided him that time., plus the kid did not have any rage in him.

Bobby on the other hand did have a pent up rage in him for Tony, and the alcohol finally brought it out. Bobby also cold cocked Tony.

There's really no comparison between the two incidents.
Posted By: Ice

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/10/07 04:56 PM

Quote:
Is this the same Tony that beat up some muscle head young bodyguard a week after being in a coma, only to lost to a guy that was said never to be in a fight before?

If you will recall the scene that Tony beats up 'some muscle head young bodyguard' you should remember the 'slo-mo' of Bobby dunking a basketball. The guy is a stud. Tony asks him how much he's waying these days....265, Bob says in a coy manner. Tony has a 'man-hood' check in this scene w/ Paulie's tattoo, Bobby dunking, etc, which is why the bodyguard got his ass kicked. I mean, the body guard didn't do anything wrong, Tony was going to kick SOMEONE'S ass in that scene.

In much the same way, Bobby(Janice)had been insulted one too many times. He was determined to kick TONY'S ass. And, he did.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/11/07 12:43 AM

you dont hit a boss tho, no matter what the hell he's saying.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/11/07 12:50 AM

This wasn't some guy he didn't know, it was a member of his extended family, the only ones who even know it happened are them. If it had happened in front of people, Bobby would be dead meat. The way it happened, Bobby will live.

Now Bobby will either get more respect from Tony or Tony will keep pissing Bobby off in every way he can until it builds up to a climax.
Posted By: Buttmunker

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/11/07 02:07 PM

This episode could have benefitted from another "dream" sequence. At four in the morning, when Tony wakes up and goes into Bobby and Janice's bedroom, instead of Tony saying, "You beat me fair and square," Tony pulls out a gun, shoots them dead, Carmella comes out of her room, wrescles Tony for the gun, Tony kicks her away, aims at his wife, and shoots her dead, too.

At this point, Tony looks at the gun, looks at Bobby and Janice, dead in their bed, then looks down at Carmella, the woman he has loved, dead on the floor...puts the gun in his own mouth, and fires.

Fast forward, and you're at the funeral parlor. All the guys from Tony's crew are there, along with family members. Everyone's solemn and in shock, then Christopher says something funny, which makes Paulie laugh, which makes Silvio laugh, which makes Melfi laugh (Melfi, what's she doin' there?), which makes Carmella's mother laugh, which makes AJ laugh, until everyone in the funeral parlor is laughing...

...then boom! Tony wakes up in his bed from his dream, looks at the clock, which says four. He gets up, walks to Bobby and Janice's room, and says, "You beat me fair and square..."

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/11/07 02:31 PM

That's pretty good butt monkey, may I call you butt monkey ?

Actually, all of them laughing would kind of mirror Sonny's wake at the end of A BRONX TALE.

"Nobody cares."

I like it.
Posted By: Buttmunker

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/11/07 03:42 PM

No, you may not, and thanks.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/11/07 04:09 PM

What a great episode. I for one am the most basic creature living on this planet and all that symbolism and metaphor trash is completely lost on me. If someone isn't dying then I'm not staying awake. All that said, I was completely blown away by how the Sopranos can keep me glued to my TV with only a game of monopoly. Hands down the two best scenes of the day were Bobby and Tony in that boat together discussing their lives and their futures, and Bobby coming home to that song and his daughter running into his arms. Beautiful televesion.

Right before Vito got popped he killed that guy heading back to Jersey. All that pity we had for him went out the window with that murder. Does anyone else think that maybe by making Tony be a complete vindictive ass to Bobby the writers are trying to maybe make a little of the built up pity we've had for him go away?

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/11/07 10:13 PM

Originally Posted By: XDCX
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that TONY gets pinched and is convinced to testify against his colleagues in exchange for immunity and Witness Protection.

If the Feds can play on Tony's love of his REAL family, and convince them that he is no longer safe, and neither is his family, I could see Tony flipping.

Tony was offered a deal in season 1 after Junior tried to have him whacked.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/11/07 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Aleksandr
What a great episode. I for one am the most basic creature living on this planet and all that symbolism and metaphor trash is completely lost on me. If someone isn't dying then I'm not staying awake. All that said, I was completely blown away by how the Sopranos can keep me glued to my TV with only a game of monopoly. Hands down the two best scenes of the day were Bobby and Tony in that boat together discussing their lives and their futures, and Bobby coming home to that song and his daughter running into his arms. Beautiful televesion.

Right before Vito got popped he killed that guy heading back to Jersey. All that pity we had for him went out the window with that murder. Does anyone else think that maybe by making Tony be a complete vindictive ass to Bobby the writers are trying to maybe make a little of the built up pity we've had for him go away?

I for one don't have any pity for him. Whether it's Tony or Vito Corleone, they are all scum. But, yes, I sensed that we are supposed to feel sympathy for poor Tony who got beat up, and had a mean mother and a psycho of a sister.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/11/07 11:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul Pisano
 Originally Posted By: XDCX

Tony was offered a deal in season 1 after Junior tried to have him whacked.

True, but those guys are offered deals their whole lives. I doubt any of them accept the first one.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/11/07 11:42 PM

I for one don't have any pity for him. Whether it's Tony or Vito Corleone, they are all scum.

Ya but don't you believe in the power of forgiveness? Don't you think it's possible for someone to be 'redeemed' and have their sins washed away?

I DO think it's possible for a leopard to change it's stripes IF they truly want it. I could go into all of the sociological factors that produce ppl like Tony and Vito Corleone but it doesn't matter. If someone truly wants to change and be forgived I think they should have the right. Tony Soprano certainly seems to fit that bill. I don't think he would have any murderous impulses if he left the life behind. A child molestor(for example) may have their sickness their entire life and thus they should be in some sort of captivity their entire life. But I think that ppl like Tony and Paulie are capable of changing their ways, and Chris is still a young pup who's life could take many, many different directions.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/11/07 11:46 PM

How great was the picture of Bobby and his daughter to a great song overlooking the lake? I'd re-watch the eppy just for that part alone.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/12/07 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Ice

I for one don't have any pity for him. Whether it's Tony or Vito Corleone, they are all scum.

Ya but don't you believe in the power of forgiveness? Don't you think it's possible for someone to be 'redeemed' and have their sins washed away?

I DO think it's possible for a leopard to change it's stripes IF they truly want it. I could go into all of the sociological factors that produce ppl like Tony and Vito Corleone but it doesn't matter. If someone truly wants to change and be forgived I think they should have the right. Tony Soprano certainly seems to fit that bill. I don't think he would have any murderous impulses if he left the life behind. A child molestor(for example) may have their sickness their entire life and thus they should be in some sort of captivity their entire life. But I think that ppl like Tony and Paulie are capable of changing their ways, and Chris is still a young pup who's life could take many, many different directions.

Well, if a leopard chnaged its "stripes" like you say, I'd be impressed.

But we are not discussing a human's ability to change. What we are discussing is the possibility of Tony changing. I don't think he will.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/12/07 01:17 AM

Well, if a leopard chnaged its "stripes" like you say, I'd be impressed.

But we are not discussing a human's ability to change. What we are discussing is the possibility of Tony changing. I don't think he will.

What about that same leopard changing it's "spots" instead?

The possibility of Tony changing? You don't think he will? He changes every second of every episode. The man is in a constant state of mental evolution. Every action that he takes(right or wrong)is done with deep thought and retrospect. Time and time again we view the evolution of his character. His NOT throwing Vito to the wolves was a perfect example of the new Tony as opposed to the old homophobic one.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/12/07 02:38 AM

Tony is in a constant state of mental anguish. Every action he takes is taken with angst. He didn't throw Vito to the wolves because he didn't want to give in to Phil.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/12/07 03:31 AM

Quote:

He didn't throw Vito to the wolves because he didn't want to give in to Phil.

I think you kinda missed this but that's definitely not the only reason he supported Vito. He and Melfi discuss homosexuality in season 6A, around episode 5 I think. He says its disgusting and that 'pretty soon ppl are gonna be fuc*ing dogs.' But...a few minutes later when she asks him if homosexuality is acceptable he finally lets it out and says what the hell, let bygones be bygones. It's a clear break through moment for him and Melfi asks if his change of heart is b/c of the coma.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/12/07 02:27 PM

What we are discussing is the possibility of Tony changing. I don't think he will.

I agree with Olivant. When Tony was shot by Junior and went into the coma and went through the dreams and stuff, and then came out of the coma, he seemed as though he had become a changed man. Especially when he was being wheeled out of the hospital and saw the light of day for the first time since being shot. He was made to look as though he had a new appreciation of life because he came so close to dying. Made to look as though he had become a changed man, a more humbled man. And what happened? A few episodes later he became the same old vindictive son of a bitch gangster that he had been before his being shot. He went right back to being the same old Tony. Sure he has his moments here and there where he seems to be a more caring husband, father and friend, but when push comes to shove, he goes right back to being his same old self.

Chase has already showed us that the leopard could NOT change his spots.

Tony will never change totally.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/12/07 03:07 PM

A few episodes later he became the same old vindictive son of a bitch gangster that he had been before his being shot. He went right back to being the same old Tony. Sure he has his moments here and there where he seems to be a more caring husband, father and friend, but when push comes to shove, he goes right back to being his same old self.

Chase has already showed us that the leopard could NOT change his spots.

Tony will never change totally.

You're right, Tony has kept many of the same spots he had before he went into the coma. Just like w/ marriage fidelity, on one hand he resists the temptation to have sex with the realtor but then later he has oral sex with one of the strippers(the scene before Vito's death). It's like he's trying REALLY hard, but ohhh....he just has to get that bj. \:\/

But....we still have 8 episodes to go. Plenty of time for yet another life changing event to finally shake his perspective free of whatever is holding him/it prisoner.

And I don't think any of us can hope to TOTALLY change. Who would want to....but....

Good or bad, we the audience have been shown time and time again that Tony will put honest and genuine thought into every decision he has to make and will retrospect every decision that he does make.....I think this is an ideal condition to produce and promote change in one's self.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/12/07 04:26 PM

Any change like Tony's will not happen over night, he will have many bumps in the road so to speak but it is possible to change over time and through these bumps in the road.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/12/07 06:38 PM

I finally got to see the new epi. Why did Janice go off because she wasn't informed about Bobby's daughter being in the lake?

She wasn't alone her nanny was there and Charm was in the lake right with her.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/12/07 06:56 PM

I think that some of Chase's famous symbolism will come out of that. I think I recall a young Livia telling stories of drowning children in bathtubs or something to that affect. I'm thinking it's something psychological that Chase is gonna go back to. I really think this season we're gonna find out alot more about Tony's and Janice's childhoods and just what a monster that Livia may have been.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/12/07 06:59 PM

Janice is a mean mother! She has huge self-esteem problems. Like so many such people, she tries to fill the gaps in her self-esteem by forcing people to respect her (e.g., killing Ritchie).

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/12/07 08:21 PM

It's fitting that at the end we sort of revisit the beginning

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/12/07 08:36 PM

If the Sopranos is following the Godfather, Michael was never able to go legit even though he tried and tried believing that if he went with the church all would be forgiven only to be drawn back into family business. Michael in the end died like a dog alone. Tony might wind up alone or even dead[I doubt that for chase would want an opening to do a possible movie].

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/12/07 10:31 PM

If the Sopranos is following the Godfather, Michael was never able to go legit even though he tried and tried believing that if he went with the church all would be forgiven only to be drawn back into family business. Michael in the end died like a dog alone. Tony might wind up alone or even dead[I doubt that for chase would want an opening to do a possible movie].

Hey, read my finale episode story line.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/13/07 12:01 AM

Michael in the end died like a dog alone.

And he died alone with a dog.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/13/07 11:48 AM

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-sopran...-news-headlines

Looks like the ratings weren't good for the premiere.

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/13/07 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Mignon
I finally got to see the new epi. Why did Janice go off because she wasn't informed about Bobby's daughter being in the lake?

She wasn't alone her nanny was there and Charm was in the lake right with her.

Don't recall the exact dialogue, but before the kid was in the lake, didn't they tell a story about someone that they know who's kid drowned?

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/13/07 01:06 PM

You're half correct Don Cardi! Tony insisted that Carm tell Bobby and Janice the story of a toddler falling into a pool unnoticed, and the toddler is now paralyzed. I'm guessing that was went through Janice's mind.

Re: The '07 Season - 04/13/07 06:02 PM

I've been watching the reruns on A&E. I can't count the number of things said, things done, or things thought that could be the basis for a season finale. For example, I saw the scene where Patsy(?) goes to Tony's house and is about to shoot him because he considers him responsible for his brothers death. Madonne!

Re: The '07 Season - 04/13/07 07:15 PM

Then he decides to take a piss in the pool!
Posted By: Donvictorous

Re: The '07 Season - 04/17/07 10:18 PM

man i say like this phil gonna whack the dude that killed gerry and gonna get back at tony for not letting him take care of tony b. chris will probably betray tony and will find out why during later in the series

Re: The '07 Season - 04/18/07 12:34 AM

You mean Doc Santoro? Yeah, he's a dead man walking right now after killing Gerry Torciano.
Posted By: ScarFather

Re: Season 6B - Episode 1 **SPOILERS POSSIBLE** - 04/25/07 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Ice
 Quote:

If you will recall the scene that Tony beats up 'some muscle head young bodyguard' you should remember the 'slo-mo' of Bobby dunking a basketball. The guy is a stud. Tony asks him how much he's waying these days....265, Bob says in a coy manner. Tony has a 'man-hood' check in this scene w/ Paulie's tattoo, Bobby dunking, etc, which is why the bodyguard got his ass kicked. I mean, the body guard didn't do anything wrong, Tony was going to kick SOMEONE'S ass in that scene.

In much the same way, Bobby(Janice)had been insulted one too many times. He was determined to kick TONY'S ass. And, he did.

He kicked Tony's ass... its true... BUT... he had an advantage... he sucker punched him(had the drop) Tony started from a disadvantage. Keep in mind that Bobby sobered up in a way(through his anger) while Tony was drunk and happy making fun of Janice.

A suckerpunch is a suckerpunch.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET