Home

help please

Posted By: Dakosta

help please - 01/31/07 02:35 PM

I have never seen The Soprano, I was afraid that on having compared with The Godfather I did not like. Do you think that really is worth it? If it is worth I'll start watching since the first chapter
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: help please - 01/31/07 02:39 PM

What have you got to lose?

I enjoy the show.

Don Cardi

Re: help please - 01/31/07 02:51 PM

Ok. I'll watch it. I hope it doesn't disgust me
Posted By: SC

Re: help please - 01/31/07 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
What have you got to lose?

I enjoy the show.

This Cardi guy told me the same thing five years ago. I haven't missed one show since.

Re: help please - 01/31/07 03:00 PM

Wow. Then it must be so good. I need to get up-to-date.

Re: help please - 01/31/07 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Dakosta
Wow. Then it must be so good. I need to get up-to-date.

If you like gangster shows/movies you'll definitely like this. Its one of the best tv shows ever made here in the U.S.

I don't know how current the show is in Spain but I imagine you can get the older shows (its already run six seasons) on DVD. Check your library or see if you can rent the shows. You won't be sorry.

Re: help please - 01/31/07 03:11 PM

There is no problem to obtain the shows. Thanks and I hope to know something new to debate with everybody. And once again, sorry for my english

Re: help please - 01/31/07 03:13 PM

And once again, sorry for my english

Tu Ingles es mejor que mi Espanol.

Re: help please - 01/31/07 03:23 PM

xd xd xd I think your Spanish seems so good, but thanks. it pleases me that you undestand me.
Posted By: Robert DeNiro

Re: help please - 01/31/07 11:41 PM

this has to be a troll.

Re: help please - 02/01/07 02:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Robert DeNiro
this has to be a troll.

No Mr. Robert DeNiro, this is not a troll. As a matter of fact this new memeber has brought some new life back into many of these threads and has provoked some great discussion with his questions. The gentleman obviously has a desire to learn and understand things about the Godfather Trilogy, mob movies and the mob itself.

Don Cardi
Posted By: Mignon

Re: help please - 02/01/07 03:19 AM

I got the Soprano's from my local library. I just finished season 4 and I'm watching season 5 now. Dakosta, go ahead and watch it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Re: help please - 02/01/07 08:28 AM

I'll do, all of you have made me to be Anxious. I'm looking for the first chapter
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: help please - 02/02/07 09:19 PM

When you find it, let us know your thoughts about it. The Sopranos is very different than The Godfather because many of the characters are often easy to dislike. They are often quite cruel and ruthless. They are also very crude. However, the series is written and performed extremely well, which makes it so very enjoyable.

Re: help please - 02/02/07 09:28 PM

I've seen the first chapter. I feel anxious for the second. You were correct. It's a very good serie
Posted By: olivant

Re: help please - 02/02/07 09:30 PM

Yes, several of the Sopranos' characters are quite crude. Have you ever known a father to use such foul language as Tony does to and in front of his children? My father never even came close and I don't recall any other fathers doing same.

Re: help please - 02/02/07 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant
Yes, several of the Sopranos' characters are quite crude. Have you ever known a father to use such foul language as Tony does to and in front of his children? My father never even came close and I don't recall any other fathers doing same.

Or better yet, a child talking like Tony's kid does in front of his mother and father!

"What, no F**king Ziti?"

My father would have sent me accross the yard with the back of his hand had I ever talked like that, especially in front of my mother.

Don Cardi
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: help please - 02/02/07 10:36 PM

I agree. "The Sopranos" is definitely more "Goodfellas" than "Godfather".
Do you think that David Chase lays it on a bit thick on purpose, to show the more naive viewers that the wiseguy world isn't as honorable and glamorous as they might think ?

Re: help please - 02/02/07 11:37 PM

I hope that's at least part of his motivation. That's why I hope that the finale has Tony exposed to his family for what he really is.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: help please - 02/02/07 11:52 PM

I hope that's at least part of his motivation. That's why I hope that the finale has Tony exposed to his family for what he really is.

I really hope so, Olivant. We've touched on this before and I love your idea of Meadow finding out that Tony okay'd the hit on Jackie Jr.
I really couldn't stomach the warm and fuzzy ending to the last season with the family gathered around the Christmas tree. I'm hoping that Chase was just laying out the calm before the storm.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: help please - 02/03/07 01:54 AM

I was waitng for a war in the last few shows but it just dint happen..
Posted By: BDuff

Re: help please - 02/03/07 02:22 AM

Season five is my personal favorite! Steve Buscemi was great as Tony B, and Frank Vincent is always good playing a gangster and Phil Leotardo is one of his best roles.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: help please - 02/03/07 10:40 PM

I have never seen The Soprano, I was afraid that on having compared with The Godfather I did not like. Do you think that really is worth it? If it is worth I'll start watching since the first chapter
A friend of mine, quite alien to contemporary television (he's in his sixties or seventies), is a massive film fan. Somebody loaned him the first series of The Sopranos, and I second-vouched it. He concluded that it was a limp imitation of The Godfather.

Needless to say, I beheaded him.

Re: help please - 02/03/07 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
A friend of mine, quite alien to contemporary television (he's in his sixties or seventies), is a massive film fan. Somebody loaned him the first series of The Sopranos, and I second-vouched it. He concluded that it was a limp imitation of The Godfather.

Needless to say, I beheaded him.

Exactly. It's like trying to compare War and Peace to The Longest Day.

Re: help please - 02/03/07 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

I really hope so, Olivant. We've touched on this before and I love your idea of Meadow finding out that Tony okay'd the hit on Jackie Jr.
I really couldn't stomach the warm and fuzzy ending to the last season with the family gathered around the Christmas tree. I'm hoping that Chase was just laying out the calm before the storm.

It will all depend on how Chase views the series. Does he view it as an allegory for life or just a mob drama? Since the series revolves so much around Tony's personal family, I always thought that it would end witht he family's denoument. For one, since Tony is so endeared to Chris, I thought that maybe Chris ends up betraying him. Then again maybe the family does learn about his ciminal exploits (or at least has them confirmed) and they abandon him.

Re: help please - 02/09/07 02:43 AM

Thanks to everybody. I've seen the 6 first chapters, and they are great. Now, there is another fan.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET