Home

who do you miss most

Posted By: mark braban

who do you miss most - 07/05/06 02:27 PM

of all the charactors killed in one way or another. who do you miss the most...mine is deffinitely big pussy...followed by adriana cos she was so fit
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: who do you miss most - 07/05/06 06:38 PM

I actually miss Hesh, who's still alive, but used so little.

Ralphie would get my vote.

I'd love to see how the show would have developed had Nancy Marchand, who played Livia, not died.
Posted By: hova4ever9

Re: who do you miss most - 07/05/06 07:07 PM

Ralph is the best dead guy he was funny and crazy i think he added the most to the show
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: who do you miss most - 07/05/06 07:11 PM

Big Pussy because he fit in so nicely.
Posted By: Goodfella 69

Re: who do you miss most - 07/06/06 01:55 AM

Jackie Aprile. I would have liked to see the days when he was boss.
Posted By: YoTonyB

Re: who do you miss most - 07/12/06 07:15 AM

Tony B(lundetto) could have been a real asset but, unfortunately, "he decided to go into business for himself" and got whacked for it.

Steve Buscemi was outstanding and I would have enjoyed seeing him beyond his one season guest appearance...presuming the plots and writing included him...which is the issue with a lot of the remaining characters. It's tough to get everybody involved while still adhering to some sort of structure in the script.

tony b.
Posted By: Don Dallal

Re: who do you miss most - 07/17/06 09:27 AM

Definetly Big Pussy Bompinsero ...

He'd Be In The Crew Now As A Capo ...Shame If He Wasnt A Fuckin Rat ...
Posted By: Peter_Clemenza

Re: who do you miss most - 07/17/06 01:01 PM

My favourite deceased character is Pussy Bonpensiero because even though he only appeared in two seasons, his appearance as a member of Tony Soprano's crew wasn't only a "guest appearance."
Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Re: who do you miss most - 07/17/06 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
I actually miss Hesh, who's still alive, but used so little.
That's so funny you say that. I always assumed I was the only one who specifically liked Hesh. I remember back in Season 1 and maybe 2 when he was a key supporting character. Now it's like he makes cameo appearances. I got worried when he got in a beef early in last season. Figured it was the writers finally just giving up on his character and showing him the door.
Posted By: Toni_corleone

Re: who do you miss most - 07/24/06 01:45 AM

Adriana and Pussy.
Posted By: Rocky

Re: who do you miss most - 07/24/06 02:02 PM

Livia was hilarious - one of my favorite characters.

Richie was great too; although it was great when Janice shot him, I would have liked to see that scene with their roles reversed.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: who do you miss most - 07/31/06 07:36 PM

The thing i miss the most is Series 6 cos we still have'nt had it over here yet
Actual character i miss most is Ralph!

P.S. apparently we are finally getting the new series in September
Posted By: Janice

Re: who do you miss most - 08/10/06 01:28 PM

I like Hesh, played by Jerry Adler. Adler was in one of my favorite Woody Allen movies, Manhattan Murder Mystery. He played Mr. House (Haus?), the wife murderer. He was great in that movie.
Posted By: DonAlberto

Re: who do you miss most - 08/27/06 02:50 PM

Ade for the hotness factor :p

Pussy and Furio would also be cool to still have in the show. I liked Furio, damn italian had to fall in love with Carmela :p
Posted By: Paul Krendler

Re: who do you miss most - 08/27/06 07:09 PM

Got to be Richie Aprile. I mean, what a bastard he was! I loved that mean stare he had about him and in a way I was sad to see him go. I understand that James Gandolfini wasn't too happy about him being written out either and I agree 'cos he had a lot of potential.

I also miss Feech La Manna to be honest. Robert Loggia, who I've admired for donkeys years, was hilarious in his portrayal (in particular when he described his first day in the joint) and was also well capable of showing the ruthless side, especially when he whipped the tar out of the gardener!
Posted By: GottiMafia

Re: who do you miss most - 09/05/06 05:22 AM

i'd say ralphie he was a big pain in tonys ass
Posted By: SC

Re: who do you miss most - 09/05/06 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GottiMafia:
i'd say ralphie he was a big pain in tonys ass
Janice was even a bigger pain in Ralphie's ass. :rolleyes:
Posted By: The Don of Bball

Re: who do you miss most - 09/06/06 12:55 AM

Ralph Cifaretto, by far. Joe Pantoliano played him to a T. I just loved the scene where he called Paulie's mom, I laughed for about 10 mins. He also had some of the best lines in the series too. Like, "Why was I born handsome and not rich!" "Nothin' but net, mother******!!" and "There are more programs for there deadbeats."

And then theres the scene where Christopher pulls his wig off! LMAO

Re: who do you miss most - 09/06/06 10:40 PM

I miss Junior as well.

I only say that because in series 5 & 6 he was seriously underused.
Posted By: Sammy_The_Fish

Re: who do you miss most - 09/07/06 11:33 AM

Definitely Furio (check out my picture)- he had the potential to be a sort of Vincent Mancini character, someone who could have comeo out of nowhere and ended up a Boss, but the writers ended up using him as a bitch instead.

as for Big Pussy, madonne, why couldn't it have been Paulie Walnuts?

Sammy The Fish

Re: who do you miss most - 09/08/06 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sammy_The_Fish:
as for Big Pussy, madonne, why couldn't it have been Paulie Walnuts?

You surprise me there Sammy, as Paulie is one of the best-loved characters in the show. He's responsible for bringing a lot of laughter to otherwise tense situations. One pf my personal favourites is in series 5, when Tony B is talking to the guys about his Korean boss, and Paulie says something like "Lest we forget Pearl Harbor". Priceless! The Sopranos wouldn't be the same without him.

I take your point about Big Pussy though. I miss him too, even if he was a rat.

Posted By: Sammy_The_Fish

Re: who do you miss most - 09/08/06 12:00 PM

Krendler-

Granted, Paulie is a big favorite of mine, but I started having a serious problem with him starting with the hazing he was pulling on Chris prior to his being made and ending up with the crap he was pulling behind Tony's back when he was in lock up and talking to Johnny Sacks about all kinda stuff that should have stayed in the family. It was only when he realized that Johnny was playing him that he pulled back from the edge of betrayal.
Plus, his mother annoyed me.

Sammy the Fish
Posted By: BDuff

Re: who do you miss most - 12/22/06 06:55 PM

I agree, I really like Richie Aprile. The whole plot of Season three would have been different, would have loved to see him handle the Jackie Jr. situation or how he would have reacted to Ralphie being a pain in the ass unlike the way Gigi Cestone handled it.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: who do you miss most - 12/28/06 02:34 PM

Whats with Larry Boy Barese(sonny in Goodfellas)his he a captain,you never see him only at the table when there all together,i'd like to see more of him..
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: who do you miss most - 12/28/06 11:27 PM

Salvatore 'Big Pussy' Bonpensiero
Tony Blundetto - Steve Buscemi perfomance was so GREAT!
Ralph Cifaretto

Re: who do you miss most - 12/29/06 12:12 AM

He is under House arrest, he was at the hospital when Tony was in coma and Vito was talking to him about Vito becoming acting boss.

Re: who do you miss most - 12/29/06 01:20 PM

Vito becoming Acting Boss,
Posted By: Longneck

Re: who do you miss most - 12/29/06 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Janice
I like Hesh, played by Jerry Adler. Adler was in one of my favorite Woody Allen movies, Manhattan Murder Mystery. He played Mr. House (Haus?), the wife murderer. He was great in that movie.

I like Hesh, I would also have liked to see Jackie Aprile more before he got sick.

Re: who do you miss most - 12/29/06 06:33 PM

Maybe when the show finishs,they could do a prequal on the early family.
Posted By: reynols

Re: who do you miss most - 01/27/07 06:27 PM

jackie aprile just to see how things would have went had he lived but the idea i guess was to give tony complete power over the family

i also miss big pussy

the family before the show started would be a great idea for the movie but who knows...
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: who do you miss most - 01/27/07 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
Maybe when the show finishs,they could do a prequal on the early family.

When they were talking about a Sopranos movie a few years back, I actually hoped they would do at least a parallel between Johnny and Tony Soprano - a la - GF II
They'd probably just mess it up though.
Does anybody remember lame attempts at "The Early Years" in such shows as Bonanza, Dallas, etc.... ?
You don't ? That's my point
Posted By: olivant

Re: who do you miss most - 01/28/07 01:48 AM

One big reason that prequels don't usually work is because we subconsciously expect to see the same actors as in the original.

Re: who do you miss most - 01/28/07 02:23 AM

Originally Posted By: olivant
One big reason that prequels don't usually work is because we subconsciously expect to see the same actors as in the original.

Does that mean that the straight to DVD classic, CARLITO'S WAY - RISE TO POWER, won't be getting it's own thread on GangsterBB ?
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: who do you miss most - 01/28/07 04:47 AM

I miss Big Pussy and Livia.

Big Pussy just seemed to fit so smoothly into the crew and was a natural for the part. It was almost as if Pastore didn't even really have to act.

Livia was just a fantastic character. Nancy Marchand did a superb job of acting. The delivery of her lines were so natural and I just enjoyed how ruthless she could be and yet act so innocent. It's really a shame that she died.

Olivant makes an excellent point as to why most prequels really do not work.

Don Cardi

Re: who do you miss most - 01/28/07 04:56 AM

I miss Mikey Palmice. He was an easy character to dislike but he had some classic one liners - Take a midol !

Re: who do you miss most - 01/29/07 12:23 AM

They should bring back Roberta.
She was Uncle Junior's girlfriend from season 1.
Junior hitting her in the face with a lemon meringue pie was priceless.

Re: who do you miss most - 01/29/07 06:02 PM

Junior himself is priceless with his one liners. He's had some real classics.

I sincerely hope that we see more of him this season.

Don Cardi

Re: who do you miss most - 01/29/07 06:52 PM

Yeah juniors got some great one liners,but as im writing this,ive forgot them all,the one about being so far up someone arse them could smell his brilcream..Classic

Re: who do you miss most - 01/30/07 01:21 AM

Yeah juniors got some great one liners,but as im writing this,ive forgot them all,the one about being so far up someone arse them could smell his brilcream..Classic

"The feds are so far up my ass that I can taste their brill cream."

Don Cardi

Re: who do you miss most - 01/30/07 01:28 AM

Thats the one..

Re: who do you miss most - 02/03/07 02:31 AM

Remember when he was on trial in season four and was giving the court artist guy a staredown because he thought he looked stupid? Priceless!

Re: who do you miss most - 02/03/07 01:10 PM

Like the scene,where hes flicking though the TV and he thinks he sees a show,with him and bobby in it,season 5 i think
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: who do you miss most - 02/03/07 10:42 PM

That's fantastic. I didn't know it at the time but that show that Junior sees is Curb Your Enthusiasm, another HBO product.

De Niro, if you're a fan of Ricky Gervais' humour in The Office, I highly recommend Curb Your Enthusiasm. Check it out if you can.
Posted By: Frank Pentangely

Re: who do you miss most - 02/06/07 12:05 AM

What is with all you people and Pussy? I mean I understand you all like Pussy but c'mon (OK, that sounded wrong...) he wasnt that great of a character. At least as far as me sees it he is way too a much overrated.
And about Adriana being hut, Maronne!, she looka more like a puttana, with all a due respect.
Who I miss? Richie that's who I miss, he was meant to be but wasnt.

PS. I think Vito didnt like Mr. Bompensiero a lot...
Posted By: XDCX

Re: who do you miss most - 02/06/07 01:24 PM

In retrospect...I'd have to go with Livia. The first time I watched season 1...I absolutely DETESTED her. Looking back, though...Nancy Marchand played the role beautifully.

I read somewhere that she was set to testify againt Tony in season 3...but unfortunately Nancy Marchand passed away before it could be filmed.

I'd also like to see more of Uncle Junior. The man is a riot!
Posted By: Mignon

Re: who do you miss most - 02/06/07 03:32 PM

Isn't there one when he is in the hospital and they want him to use the bed pan and he says I don't use a liter box or something like that?

Re: who do you miss most - 02/13/07 07:22 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing Feech Lamanna again. Tony getting his parole violated didn't sit well with me.
If he had killed him, that would have been one thing, but to send him to jail was not typical of a man in Tony's position. I'd love to see him get out and perhaps fall in with Phil Leotardo.
Posted By: Sopranorleone

Re: who do you miss most - 02/13/07 09:10 PM

Tony did not want to kill Feech becuase, as Sil said, he was well liked. Tony may have seemed like a dictator, ridding himself of any oppoisition without much cause. So, before things got out of hand with Feech, Tony sent him back to jail.

Though, definately not as exciting as seeing someone get clipped. I agree.

Re: who do you miss most - 02/13/07 09:18 PM

Feech was a pain in the ass with his not funny jokes..
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: who do you miss most - 02/17/07 08:48 PM

Richie Aprile.

ds

Re: who do you miss most - 02/21/07 04:28 AM

Mikey Palmice, when he was verbally abusing his wife, was hysterical.

Sorry ladies, I hope that doesn't make me a bad person.

"Were you this fuckin' stupid when I married you ?"

"Take a Midol !"

Re: who do you miss most - 03/01/07 12:13 AM

I had a big smile on my face when Christopher and Paulie unloaded on him. The guy deserved it, he was a HUGE prick (but most mobsters are). One of the most satisfying endings to an episode would be the murders of Chucky Signor and Mikey Palmice. It's hard to imagine those characters have been dead for eight years...time flies.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: who do you miss most - 03/08/07 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: reynols
i also miss big pussy

Don't we all...

I miss Richie Aprile. I loved David Proval in Mean Streets so it was nice to see him in something OC again. Ralph Cifaretto wasn't bad, but his freaky-S+M storyline was a bit too much for my tastes (to say nothing of the whole Vito storyline, which personally took up way too much time in Season 6, imho).
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET