Home

UK airing time?

Posted By: The Scottish Don

UK airing time? - 04/18/06 11:51 AM

Tried the Channel 4 and E4 sites, not a mention of series six anywhere.

Anyone in the know as to when it is likely to finally appear on UK tv?
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: UK airing time? - 04/18/06 12:33 PM

I've no-eyed deer, but am waiting eagerly. Channel 4 has disappointed me in the past; it seems too keen to promote new US shows, like My Name Is Earl and Lost, but neglects other older ones, and seems to forget that these shows may still have fans. Hence how they cocked about with airing times for The West Wing, and didn't even show the final few seasons of Six Feet Under on terrestrial TV, but knocked it back to E4. Now that I have Freeview, and thus E4 with it, I don't mind which they show The Sopranos on...

Have you E-mailed them?
Posted By: Bada Bing Ben

Re: UK airing time? - 04/18/06 03:02 PM

just download them like the rest of us.

Re: UK airing time? - 04/23/06 05:49 PM

Heads up.

Monday (tomorrow) there's "The Real Goodfella" showing at 2305 on channel 4. It kickstarts Mob Week, and is an interview with Henry Hill and Martin Scorsese. It's followed by the first two episodes of season five of The Sopranos. At a quick glance, it appears they're playing season five repeats all week.

Which can only mean one thing...season six is on its way very soon.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: UK airing time? - 04/23/06 06:05 PM

Capo,

I know you see so many movies that I don't know and/or haven't seen, and I know with our tv schedules so far off I've not had a chance to hear your review. What do you think, overall, of the Sopranos series? Storylines, acting, etc. I'd be curious to know.

TIS

Re: UK airing time? - 04/23/06 06:08 PM

I think it's the best show on television, TIS. Pacing, rhythm, acting and credibility rise above all other candidates. I think the writing shines through most; and the actors compliment it accordingly. And I really can't wait for season six to hit our shores.

Re: UK airing time? - 04/23/06 06:13 PM

Glad to hear it! Is it as popular in the UK as it is here? Do you know a lot of people who watch it regularly?

TIS

Re: UK airing time? - 04/23/06 06:18 PM

Yes, I know many; but for some reason, every season gets a later and later airing time. Channel 4, which shows most HBO productions, since Sex and the City finished, has been fiddling around at will with such shows; they pushed The West Wing to a Sunday evening.

Re: UK airing time? - 04/23/06 06:25 PM

Just out of curiosity, who is your favorite character??? Me, I like Tony and of course Carm, :p but all the characters add to the show. Christopher is also a great character. I can't imagine anyone else portraying any of the main characters. I think it's perfect as it is.

TIS
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: UK airing time? - 04/25/06 12:22 PM

I watched The Real Goodfella. It was quite good and interesting to see Hill sober. Except towards the end when you see him in the bar showing his true colours. Man just after a few drinks he seems to age a hell of a lot.

I taped last nights season 5's episodes. Yet turned all the plugs off so I've got close to two hours of white noise to watch. Silly me.

Re: UK airing time? - 04/25/06 05:47 PM

Something about "The Godfather and the Mob" tonight.
Posted By: anthony lee

Re: UK airing time? - 04/25/06 06:14 PM

where can i download the soprano's? and is it free?

i never had a chance to start watchin them , av seen like 3 episodes and i liked them
Posted By: Peter_Clemenza

Re: UK airing time? - 04/29/06 03:58 PM

RTE, an Irish television channel, shows season 6 of The Sopranos. Although RTE is not a British television channel, it can still be watched on Sky Digital and Sky Plus.

Re: UK airing time? - 05/01/06 05:49 PM

"The Sopranos
Year 5 is currently showing in a late night slot on Channel 4. Year 6 is planned for E4 in early Autumn 2006. For more programme information click here."

Full page, on which the above is a mere dot of information.

A long fucking wait, I'd say. I'll be living away from home by then; I won't even have a telly!
Posted By: Raymondo Corleone

Re: UK airing time? - 05/02/06 07:08 PM

Just get it from bittorrent then buy it when it comes out on dvd
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: UK airing time? - 05/04/06 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:

A long fucking wait, I'd say. I'll be living away from home by then; I won't even have a telly!
You going into Halls? You'll have a shared living room. You'll have to chip in with your new buddies to get a TV and license for it.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: UK airing time? - 05/04/06 03:20 PM

I WANT THE NEW SERIES AND I WANT IT NOW!
Posted By: Raymondo Corleone

Re: UK airing time? - 05/04/06 05:25 PM

Anyone else reckon we're heading for an almighty cliff-hanger at the end of part 1 of the 6th series?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET