Home

Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS***

Posted By: Don Andrew

Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/29/06 09:19 PM

********CONTAINS SPOILER MATERIAL************

Nobody is happy when Barone Sanitation is put up for sale. Tony has a discussion about religion and dinosaurs with an evangelical and Paulie's world gets turned upside-down by a family matter.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 03/29/06 11:46 PM

I thought there was more than one garbage truck in the previews, so I figured Barone would come up. But the previews also showed a Tony back to his old self which indicates a near miraculous recovery which is somewhat unrealistic considering his previous condition.
Posted By: Don Foozbond

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/01/06 02:12 AM

Paulie isn't a very emotional guy...at least we don't see him cry often. The only thing that I see making him act this way would be the death of his mother. Or something else bad involving her. Thoughts?
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/01/06 07:52 AM

From the preview I read on another site, he finds out something about his mother from his aunt, that he didn't know before. What it is, I don't know.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/01/06 04:50 PM

Yea, I was figuring that Paulie's mother died. But it could be that he finds out something about her. I still figure that he is short-lived.
Posted By: Half A Zip

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/02/06 12:51 AM

im guessing that paulie finds out from his "mother" that the woman he killed in season 4, remember when he wanted to get back on tony's good side so he went to one of his "mothers" friends house to steal the money she kept in her mattress but then she came home and he was forced to kill her. i bet he finds out that that was his real mother. i dunno just thoughts.
Posted By: Mobster_K

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 02:06 AM

Thought this episode was too slow....

Vito will not be the next to go, Bobby or Paulie will def go befoe them.
Posted By: Goodfella 69

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 02:11 AM

i liked this episode, it kept me interested and seemed alot longer than other episodes. i have no complaints about this season so far, and it looks promising to be 1 of the best
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 02:12 AM

Paulie is definitely on a downfall since we know he won't be a rat. His jealous beating of that kid will catch up to him.

Besides, the previews did have someone say "Our friend wants him gone." Though I guess it could be anyone.

I think a lot of mistakes will go around. Chris is aiming for his Hollywood aspirations he's had since the first episode of Season 1. Bobby doing these odd jobs, Paulie's emotional rages, and everything else.

Meanwhile it seems Tony may be on a "born-again" road.
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 02:12 AM

Another solid episode. Very deep, very existential, very intelligent, very thought provoking, at least to my eyes. A lot of interesting developments the key one being obviously that Tony's back. This episode may be considered "weaker" than the others but even if you think that it's still better than most of the other shit on tv combined. Seeya next Sun.!
Posted By: mr. soprano

i liked the episode...and the kevin finnerty things are possibly starting to tie up now. i don't think bobby will be next to go, i don't see him doing anything wrong. i mean, he can't be responsible for what jr. did to tony. and paulie might get hit..but i see tony being easy on him. all in all i think tony was too soft with johnny sack...and i think it looks like new york is trying to move in on jersey. what do you guys think?
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 02:16 AM

A very comical episode. Paulie cracked me up at times, and then made me feel bad for him at other times.

Anyone here realize that Hal Holbrook ( The guy with cancer next to Tony) was the voice from the opening montage in this season's opening episode?

"Ren(name): A person's name (rn in Egyptian) was given to them at birth and would live for as long as that name was spoken, which explains why efforts were made to protect it, placing it in large amounts of writings. For example, part of the Græco-Roman Book of Breathings, a descendant of the Book of the Dead, was for ensuring the survival of the name. A cartouche (magical rope) was often used to surround the name and protect it for eternity. Conversely, the names of deceased enemies of the state, such as Akhenaten, were studiously hacked out of monuments."

"Number four is Ba, the Heart, often treacherous. This is a hawk's body with your face on it, shrunk down to the size of a fist. Many a hero has been brought down, like Samson, by a perfidious Ba."

"Number five is Ka, the Double, most closely associated with the subject. The Ka, which usually reaches adolescence at the time of bodily death, is the only reliable guide through the Land of the Dead to the Western Lands."

I like the direction that this season seems to be going in.

Is it Sunday yet?

Don Cardi
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 02:17 AM

I think this eppisode marked the begginning of the end for the Soprano crew. It's gonna be a long way down, but I dont think its gonna be a happy ending for our favorite characters.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 02:28 AM

Who else laughed when the doctors were operating?

"I found Jimmy Hoffa."
Posted By: TheSicilian123

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 02:29 AM

hey i missed tonights show any one wunna tell me what happen?
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 02:33 AM

I agree with a lot of what's been said. This episode did seem to last longer, or go slower. It was thought provoking, and kept my interest.

I also agree that the characters seem to be going in their "own" directions, but what worries me, in the loyal viewer sense, is Tony becoming too "good" (for Tony I mean). Of course in real life, a criminal turns a new leaf is great, but I like the Old Tony, as dispicable as he is. :p

I did recognize Hal Holbrook DC. Gee, he's aged quite a bit hu? I didn't know he introduced the first episode this season though.

Paulie tonight only proves how much he would never make it heading a family. He doesn't think and reacts too quickly.

Now, a question, I don't remember ever seeing the Barone son, that Paulie beatup before. Have they ever showed the character? And, what's with that note hanging on the hospital wall that Tony keeps looking at. They kept showing it last week too, Do we know who wrote it?

I'm glad Carm warned Tony about Vito too. I am beginning to think he may be next to go.

TIS

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 02:49 AM

apart from me thinking that new york is trying to slowly take over jersey...did anyone notice the look meadow and the baron kid gave each other when they saw each other? it seemed like awkwardness between the two...
Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 02:53 AM

I did notice the thing with Jason and Meadow. Seems this may be an indication they'll be getting together. Rumor is that Finn and Meadow break up, so perhaps we haven't seen the end of Barone jr.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 02:54 AM

and perhaps this leads to the untimely demise of a mr. paulie walnuts.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 03:02 AM

Fucking DVR didn't record tonight. The guide must be screwed up due to DST.
Posted By: Morello

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 03:04 AM

I wouldn't worry too much-it will be up for download by tomorrow morning at any number of sites. Believe me, I'll be downloading it right away.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Morello:
I wouldn't worry too much-it will be up for download by tomorrow morning at any number of sites. Believe me, I'll be downloading it right away.
I can watch it tomorrow too on HBO, but I came home at 10PM and was planning on watching it tonight.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 03:11 AM

JL, I don't blame you for being pissed. I'd be too. There are some shows I don't mind watching later, but this isn't one of them. :p I tell everyone not to call between 6 -7, and if the phone rings I don't answer.

The good thing is though, at least it is shown again throughout the week. Better than not seeing it at all.

TIS
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
The good thing is though, at least it is shown again throughout the week. Better than not seeing it at all.
That's something I love about HBO. I don't have a DVR but HBO's nice for nights when I work too late to catch shows, or I get a phone call, or something else happens.

Which reminds me, I still need to watch the Real Time from last Friday..

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 03:29 AM

or dont tell me what happen tonight :rolleyes:
haha

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 04:27 AM

Wait for the episode summary or catch a rerun
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TheSicilian123:
or dont tell me what happen tonight :rolleyes:
haha
It should be posted here , in every detail, by tomorrow. As always.
Posted By: Montauk

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 10:52 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[QB] A very comical episode. Paulie cracked me up at times, and then made me feel bad for him at other times.

Anyone here realize that Hal Holbrook ( The guy with cancer next to Tony) was the voice from the opening montage in this season's opening episode?

"Ren(name): A person's name (rn in Egyptian) was given to them at birth and would live for as long as that name was spoken, which explains why efforts were made to protect it, placing it in large amounts of writings. For example, part of the Græco-Roman Book of Breathings, a descendant of the Book of the Dead, was for ensuring the survival of the name. A cartouche (magical rope) was often used to surround the name and protect it for eternity. Conversely, the names of deceased enemies of the state, such as Akhenaten, were studiously hacked out of monuments."

"Number four is Ba, the Heart, often treacherous. This is a hawk's body with your face on it, shrunk down to the size of a fist. Many a hero has been brought down, like Samson, by a perfidious Ba."

"Number five is Ka, the Double, most closely associated with the subject. The Ka, which usually reaches adolescence at the time of bodily death, is the only reliable guide through the Land of the Dead to the Western Lands."

Similar, yes. But that narrator was William S. Burroughs.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 10:53 AM

thanks JGeoff ill use that link and I'll find a way to watch it tonight
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 12:14 PM

I watched the episode and found it kind of slow. The trailer from the previous week looke like the episode had a bit more action to it. Tony and the religion thing, I don't believe he will be born again but like Michael in GFIII rather look for salvation for both himself and his family. I felt bad for Paulie. I guess he wants the money from the Barone kid to keep his mom/aunt in the retirement home. I think Paulie reacted like thre rest of us would if that happened, to find your mom on her death bed believing all this time she was your aunt.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 12:43 PM

After re-watching it, I think it was a horrible epsiode.

What the hell was up with Tony giving in to Johnny so easily, then forgiving the ambulence driver at the end?
If they go with the good guy angle with T then I may just quit watching it.

The rapper angle was stupid and had no barrings what so ever, same with the Paulie's mother side.

Vito, Chris, and Sil have had 10 mins combined in the last 2 weeks.

I can see why Desperate Housewives is killing it in the ratings. If this continues, just end it this year.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 01:15 PM

Even though it was a little slow, I liked the episode. I liked how they are concentrating on Tony's near death experience and the change it made in him. I am thinking however, his turn for the "good" will be short lived (at least I'm hoping). Who knows though.

TIS

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 02:04 PM

As far as last night's episode goes, although I felt as a whole it was a solid effort, it had particular weaknesses in its attempts at side-stories. Sometimes these little anecdotal things that happen to familiar characters are interesting and refreshing, but the Hal Holbrook character? What the hell was he doing there? And another rapper? I liked Bobby B's interaction with Treach, but as far as Tony goes, I don't know why they involved him in that sideplot. The thing about Paulie's mom was decent, but really, why not give us more of Chris, Vito, or Junior (especially Junior, where the hell has he been!?!) rather than bog us down with wasted guest appearances?

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobster_K:

What the hell was up with Tony giving in to Johnny so easily, then forgiving the ambulence driver at the end?

The rapper angle was stupid and had no barrings what so ever, same with the Paulie's mother side.

I can see why Desperate Housewives is killing it in the ratings. If this continues, just end it this year.
Tony gave into Johhny so easily because, right now, he appreciating his second chance at life, dodging death, and taking his near death experience as a lesson. And that is exactly why he let the EMS worker keep the money. That guy never took any money. Tony saw the opening for a scam once that Insurance lady told him that they looked through his wallet in the ambulance to see what kind of coverage he had. So being the coniving low life that Tony and his crew really are, they took that opportunity to try and scam the EMS worker out of 2 grand. But at the end, Tony, going emotionally through his "thank God I'm alive" mentality, felt guilty that he was scamming this hard working EMS guy, and decided not to take the scam money.

The Paulie and his mother sub-plot had no bearing?

The rapper sub-plot had no bearing?

Are you sure that you watched the show? :p

With all due respect, I suggest that you watch the episode again. It was a very good episode and all plots and sub-plots involved had everything to do with what is and was going on.

Don Cardi

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Montauk:

Similar, yes. But that narrator was William S. Burroughs.
Yes, you are right, I see that now. But I'll be damned! They sound so much alike!

Don Cardi
Posted By: Jonny Lips

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 05:21 PM

I agree with you don cardi.
I can't believe that you people say that this episode sucked and had no bearings. How many times has Chase delivered and episode that had no meaning to us what-so-ever at that time. But in future episodes...it became clear to us why he wrote the things he did.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 08:04 PM

Quote:

Wow, sir, you are a retard. A complete retard.

10 minutes combined for Sil, Vito, and Chris in the last two episodes? Did you even watch last week? :rolleyes:

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
:rolleyes:

I totally understand your fustration with that post, believe me. But let's keep it strictly business, and not make it personal.

Don Cardi

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Andrew:
[b] Wow, sir, you are a retard. A complete retard.
:rolleyes:

I totally understand your fustration with that post, believe me. But let's keep it strictly business, and not make it personal.

Don Cardi [/b][/quote]Forgive me...

Godfather.

Seriously, I was a little flustered with that post. I did go over the top.
Posted By: mikey_fresh

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 09:57 PM

I do think the entire rapper angle was stupid to involve Bobby in merely for the fact that he is interested in outside projects against the family. However, shooting that guy in the ass was hilarious! The one aspect I did find interesting was when the rapper came in and said, "Tony Soprano, Original G." And Tony was like, yah, whatever or something. That was cool.

Reasons why this episode was necessary for what happened with Paulie, with the Barone kid (I don't see how there could be anything b/w this guy and meadow, Meadow is too strong a woman), and Tony conceding to Sacrimoni is because these were Tony's last hours in the hospital. He was still morphine dependant and yakked when getting angry. Dvd Part 1 is over, the next chapter begins in season 6. The episode was great for 3 reasons:

1) Hostility towards Junior from Tony, and how this will effect Junior's investigation and the entire Soprano name.
2) Tension between Jersey and NYC. Frankly, I despise Phil, however, if I were him, we would be doing the same considering his younger brother and all.
3) T's out, and everything that entails.

only 6 more nights.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 10:19 PM

I think it is very astute to keep in mind that the Sopranos consists of many parts that add up to the whole. Since we don't know what the whole will be, let's be patient and enjoy the parts. For the life of me, I can't figure out the Bobby/Rapper angle. But I am looking forward to finding out what it is. one should also keep in mind that all of the parts don't have to make sense. Afterall, this series is about human beings and if we've learned anything about human beings it is that they are highly variable. Calma!

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/03/06 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by olivant:
For the life of me, I can't figure out the Bobby/Rapper angle. But I am looking forward to finding out what it is.
Bobby is a mamaluke, a simpleton. Tony tells him during a conversation in this episode that the brother in-law shit can only go so far and basically that it's now time for Bobby to start earning and kicking up to him some more.
So Bobby, being the simpleton that he is, devised this idea with the rapper to earn some money that he would be able to kick up to Tony to show Tony that he could earn for the family.

Most guys would go out and rob someone, pull a scam, etc. But Bobby concocted this stupid idea with this rapper. It was hilarious and typical Bobby Baccala!

Don Cardi
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/04/06 12:19 AM

not to mention, Bobby has his own personal family to provide for. Also, he needs to make his own business as well, since he has the title of deputy captain or something like that. Yeah, it was hiliarious with the rapper getting shot.
Posted By: tprice

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/04/06 02:00 AM

Did anyone catch Carmela's comment about Vito??? That tells me he may be the next to go
Posted By: Eddie Mozzarella

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/04/06 02:26 AM

I see the rapper thing coming to bite Bobby in the ass (pun intended). Being shot in the ass is gonna piss off that guy and he might tell the cops about their deal. Can't imagine what kind of "street cred" THAT'S gonna land him. It'll be embarrassing as hell. Who knows.

I think Carmela should be Tony's new consigliere. :p
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/04/06 04:58 AM

Perhaps I should expand upon or "amplify" my previous post in this thread. I said I liked the episode and I stand by that. I defy anyone to show me a series on tv now that is better than this show. L&O is pretty decent with Imperioli and Farina and is making a come back I think but it's impact on pop culture has decreased quite a bit. It's made its mark and I think that one of these days it should bow out gracefully like N.Y.P.D. Blue did.

As for the episode, people could consider it "slower" or "weaker" than the previous episodes this season, but I think that was the intention and the point. We all know that something huge is gonna happen this Sun. but we think that every week and not every episode can be a total winner for every viewer. This episode did have a lot, and although I'm not Johnny Hip Hop or anything but I did notice that they used Treach from Naughty by Nature (guy who paid to get shot) and another famous rapper I think (guy who got shot what 9 times or so) but I forgot his name. I found the scene with Tony listening to the rapper in his hospital bed bitching (hey he did get shot 9 times maybe he was entitled to complain a bit ) and Tony's reactions to what was said kinda interesting to say the least. Tony's response to the rapper calling Tony an "o.g." or whatever "Yeah, whatever." was priceless I thought. Also, I found it kinda cool how everyone in the hospital bonded and I actually felt a bit sad when the scientist lost his larynx and we knew that he was gonna die.

I don't care what anybody says Chase is a genius and there is not too much more that can be said about the direction, casting, acting, production, cinematography etc. etc. of The Sopranos. It's like watching a new Mob movie every week.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/04/06 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
[quote]Originally posted by Mobster_K:
[b] After re-watching it, I think it was a horrible epsiode.

10 minutes combined for Sil, Vito, and Chris in the last two episodes? Did you even watch last week? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]WOW!
Posted By: SC

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/04/06 09:50 AM

I'm wondering what show some of you watched .... it was a great episode!

You HAVE TO take a show or two to build up the season's storyline, and this one did just that.

Best line of the night belonged to Tony - referring to size of the shit that Vito takes...
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/04/06 02:11 PM

Poor Paulie...

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/04/06 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jasani:
I defy anyone to show me a series on tv now that is better than this show.

It's like watching a new Mob movie every week.
IMO "24" is right up there with Sopranos. Outstanding storyline with fantastic writing. My two favorite shows.

And I agree, Sopranos IS like watching a mob movie every week.

As I said, I really like the direction that this season is going in.

Don Cardi
Posted By: Bada Bing Ben

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/04/06 03:22 PM

no i am sorry. 24 is BEYOND far fetched. It's plain ridiculous. Jack Bauer would have been retired after series 1 in real life...aaaanyway.

The Sopranos is by far the best written, shot, directed and acted TV of the last 10 years.

I am currently downloading ep4...and of course the anticipation is killing me.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/04/06 06:27 PM

My money's on Paulie to go. Also, are any of you buying into Tony's "every day is a gift" epiphany? I think the previews showed him beating the hell out of someone. Ultimately, I think Tony is Tony.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/04/06 08:07 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Andrew:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Mobster_K:

10 minutes combined for Sil, Vito, and Chris in the last two episodes? Did you even watch last week? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]WOW! [/b][/quote]WOW! is exactly right. WOW! That you actually believe that everything will be resolved in one episode. When they're right in the middle of the season.

Watch and see how the news about Paulie's mother holds barrings, watch and see how the whole Bobby and the Rapper thing holds barrings. I'll quote you so you can eat crow.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/04/06 08:32 PM

By the way, when Tony walked out to the pool and sat down, I couldn't help but think of the ducks maybe returning. Don't you think that his fascination with the ducks from the first season ties in with his current epiphany (if indeed it is an epiphany)?

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/05/06 12:11 AM

100% agree olivant.

i was expecting ducks.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/05/06 12:33 AM

Ha ha, I gotta admit, I thought of the ducks too. With Tony's newfound appreciation of life, I thought we may see a duck or two.

TIS

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/05/06 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bada Bing Ben:
no i am sorry. 24 is BEYOND far fetched. It's plain ridiculous. Jack Bauer would have been retired after series 1 in real life...aaaanyway.

The Sopranos is by far the best written, shot, directed and acted TV of the last 10 years.

Well that's your opinion, and you are certainly entitled to it.

It's also a bit far fetched that the Boss of a mob family goes on hits himself and goes to meetings in the middle of the night, with people who are not a part of his "family," without a bodyguard. Tony Soprano would have been wacked after series 1 in real life after running all over town without a bodygaurd. But that doesn't make me dislike the show.

I have to disagree with you about the show being far fetched. IMO, which I am also entitled to just as you are yours, 24 is one of the best written shows on TV right now. I love the Sopranos too, but these are two different types of shows which really cannot be compared to each other for obvious reasons. Both are very well written shows.

Don Cardi
Posted By: La Famiglia

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/05/06 03:25 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Mobster_K:

Tony gave into Johhny so easily because, right now, he appreciating his second chance at life, dodging death, and taking his near death experience as a lesson. And that is exactly why he let the EMS worker keep the money. That guy never took any money. Tony saw the opening for a scam once that Insurance lady told him that they looked through his wallet in the ambulance to see what kind of coverage he had. So being the coniving low life that Tony and his crew really are, they took that opportunity to try and scam the EMS worker out of 2 grand. But at the end, Tony, going emotionally through his "thank God I'm alive" mentality, felt guilty that he was scamming this hard working EMS guy, and decided not to take the scam money.

The Paulie and his mother sub-plot had no bearing?

The rapper sub-plot had no bearing?

Are you sure that you watched the show? :p

With all due respect, I suggest that you watch the episode again. It was a very good episode and all plots and sub-plots involved had everything to do with what is and was going on.

Don Cardi [/b][/quote]Don, I'm glad you are here to inform these fans of what actually happened in the episode and not what they WISHED had happened.
Posted By: La Famiglia

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/05/06 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bada Bing Ben:

I am currently downloading ep4...and of course the anticipation is killing me.
Amen.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/05/06 12:00 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Bada Bing Ben:
[b] no i am sorry. 24 is BEYOND far fetched. It's plain ridiculous. Jack Bauer would have been retired after series 1 in real life...aaaanyway.

Well that's your opinion, and you are certainly entitled to it.

It's also a bit far fetched that the Boss of a mob family goes on hits himself and goes to meetings in the middle of the night, with people who are not a part of his "family," without a bodyguard. Tony Soprano would have been wacked after series 1 in real life after running all over town without a bodygaurd. But that doesn't make me dislike the show.

I have to disagree with you about the show being far fetched. IMO, which I am also entitled to just as you are yours, 24 is one of the best written shows on TV right now. I love the Sopranos too, but these are two different types of shows which really cannot be compared to each other for obvious reasons. Both are very well written shows.

Don Cardi [/b][/quote]I am also a fan of 24. If we dissected all of our favorite shows for accuracy we wouldn't have anything to watch. As for Tony going on hits, we all know he is the head of the family but the F.B.I for all intents and purposes believes that Tony is under Junior.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/05/06 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Pisano:
As for Tony going on hits, we all know he is the head of the family but the F.B.I for all intents and purposes believes that Tony is under Junior.
As for Tony, my point about him going on Hits has nothing to do with the FBI. If we were to be picky, knowing the history of the Mob as most of us do here, we know damn well that a Boss of a family would NEVER put himself in that kind of a situation. Tony going on the hit with Pussy to kill a scrub nobody like Matt Bevilaqua ( Lilo Bronacto) is something that no Mob Boss would EVER do.

We also know that the Boss of a mob family would never go out to a Diner at 3:00am in the morning, all by himself, to meet with someone to do business.

But the show is great, no question. And as you correctly pointed out above, if we dissected everyone of our favotie shows for accuracy, then we wouldn't have anything to watch. That's why it's called entertainment.

Don Cardi
Posted By: don vencent

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/05/06 04:40 PM

When bobby shot that rapper (treach) in the ass that was
so funnie my god great show

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/05/06 11:01 PM

Fiction, no matter how reality based, allows for alot of latitude. True, a mob boss doesn't usually go on hits. But keep in mind that this is a New Jersey family or, as Carmine characterized it, a glorified crew. That's not far from the truth. It has few soldiers and associates so I think that that allows for the Boss to get more personally involved in family actions. I dunno!

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/05/06 11:53 PM

I am not sure if this was mentioned yet, but the final scene with Paulie beating down Barone Jr. was a beautiful part of the show, besides the violence put on the poor guy. As you may recall, Paulie told him to push up 4g's a month to him. Earlier on Paulie mentioned to Tony its costing him that much for his aunt at grove. After that whole mother pleading to Tony thing to not hurt his son, well what is a better way for retribution then hurting another's mama's boy who sheltered him his whole like from the truth of his family. In a twist of fates, Paulie was also sheltered from his real life, his real origins.

After watching the episode for a 2nd time, and soon 2 be third time, i am starting to realize how much I am going to miss this show when its all over. I cannot wait for the Sacrimoni request..a presto
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/06/06 03:15 AM

It seems like they're really pushing the "Tony going soft" thing, so I'm betting/hoping that its just to lead us down the wrong path.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/06/06 10:59 AM

yeah i can see him going a little soft and being forced into a war with phil...who is still fucked off about blundetto....it has been mentioned remember!?!

then tony soprano shows some don corleone cunning and wipes out all his enemies...including vito who's blatantly going to side with phil with the hope of being made boss after the war is won by new york.

hahaha yet more theories.
Posted By: SC

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/06/06 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
It seems like they're really pushing the "Tony going soft" thing, so I'm betting/hoping that its just to lead us down the wrong path.
I re-watched tbe last episode and was wondering if maybe Tony is just biding time and dealing out of weakness temporarily (much like Vito Corleone did while stalling to bring Michael back from Sicily).

Paulie's jealousy thing (about the young Barone kid) is gonna come back and bite the Soprano crew in its ass and further strain the relationship with Johnny Sack.
Posted By: GottiMafia

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/06/06 03:13 PM

i watched it on tuesday and have to say i think things are changing, tony seems softer which is not good,paulie is being a evil prick soshould be fun!!!!

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/06/06 10:56 PM

Well, Gotti, did you catch the preview where it shows Tony beating the crap out of someone? I don't think his epiphany is permanent.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/06/06 11:57 PM

Lines have been crossed people. Barone sanitation was the Soprano's family bread and butter. Now how will Meadow and AJ say their father is in waste management..haha..well on a serious note, even though the Barone thing was somewhat down played by Tony seemingly bowing to Johnny, I don't see this for the future.

I remember from anticipation posts before the season began of pictures of a wedding episode. In all certainty it is Sac's daughter getting married, maybe to the Barone kid you think? We will have to see.

Also, I don't see Paulie going. He is part of Tony's inner circle and unless he talks to the feds, no likelihood of Paulie going anytime soon, well at least not until the end as I see it.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/07/06 02:52 AM

well in the preview i hear someone (phil i believe) saying "our friends wants him to go." but right before you hear that...you see paulie looking upset..maybe scared. i don't know...things seem to be tense.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/07/06 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mikey_fresh:
Lines have been crossed people. Barone sanitation was the Soprano's family bread and butter. Now how will Meadow and AJ say their father is in waste management..haha..well on a serious note, even though the Barone thing was somewhat down played by Tony seemingly bowing to Johnny, I don't see this for the future.

I remember from anticipation posts before the season began of pictures of a wedding episode. In all certainty it is Sac's daughter getting married, maybe to the Barone kid you think? We will have to see.

Also, I don't see Paulie going. He is part of Tony's inner circle and unless he talks to the feds, no likelihood of Paulie going anytime soon, well at least not until the end as I see it.
Sac's Daughter's Marriage is this Sunday.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/07/06 11:08 PM

With Sack in prison, it's a prime opportunity for Phil to make a move. Also, given Tony's "I'm glad to be alive" attitude, I can see some of his crew getting real antsy about how well he'll be able to keep on protecting and managing them. So, maybe some of them are thinking that Tony may have to go.

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/08/06 02:55 AM

Well Vito has been making references about tony having to go since season four...so i definatly am not surprised vito wants tony to go.
Posted By: TonyWillLive

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/11/06 02:56 AM

remind me when he said that? I always thought of Vito being very loyal if you think back. Vito killed his own cousin Jackie Jr. in season 3. His crew by the way had Spoonsie,Gigi Cestone, Ralphie there might be one more but i'm not sure. Either way thats a lot of movement and he never once stood up to question tony. It could be said that he new fuly that Tony in some capacity had something to do with his cousin Richie being killed oh well that explains it he did run that crew, I think. -take it easy

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 04/11/06 04:56 AM

season four after the ralphie killing vito was sitting with patsy and sil discussing how they thought tony killed ralph and they were worried who might be next. when sil leaves the table vito says something to the effect that if anything gets worst it'll be sil putting a bullet in the back of tony's head.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Season 6: Ep 4 "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" ***SPOILERS*** - 06/28/06 07:58 PM

I'm finally able to make progress through the rest of this season. A bit behind you Yanks, but way ahead of those in the UK awaiting its arrival on TVs.

This was a real slow-burner of an episode, not as subtle as the first three, but fascinating all the same. Paulie's character arc was unexpected and brilliant; I like how he confided in Tony. I didn't like how he did Barone Jr. in at the end; felt it went against the tone of the episode, and was a way for Chase to say, "Hey, if Tony's going soft, at least the others aren't."

The structure of individual episodes is becoming more and more predictable, but the actual narrative they comprise is anything but. I'm loving the pace, the introduction of philosophy, and the general development of the humane side of these criminals.

I can't wait for episode five...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET