Home

going too far

Posted By: Don Arvido

going too far - 12/19/05 08:15 PM

One of the great things about sopranos characters is that we like them although they sometimes do awful things. Sometimes, however, there have been instances when they go a bit too far, and I as a viewer think a bit less of them.

Here are some of mine:

Christopher being a complete a&%wipe when Ade confides she cant have kids

Paulie conning the gardner out of 500 bucks

Christopher (again!) at first believing in Ades talentspotting skills, but then completely dismissing them simply because Hesh didn't like the band

What are yours?
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: going too far - 12/20/05 03:55 PM

There are indeed moments where characters go too far, but never to the point where it's out of character. Like...

Paulie suffocating his mother's friend.
Ralphie killing Tracey.
Tony whipping Zellman.
Paulie and Chrissy killing the waiter over a neglected tip.
Posted By: olivant

Re: going too far - 12/20/05 05:43 PM

Too far? There is no such thing among Mafia hoods! That's the business they are in.
Posted By: Bada Bing Ben

Re: going too far - 12/20/05 08:08 PM

Quote:
Christopher (again!) at first believing in Ades talentspotting skills, but then completely dismissing them simply because Hesh didn't like the band[/QB]
I think there was more to it than just Hesh's oppinion.

Massive Genius, for example, was obviously trying to get into Ade's knickers...the only reason he remained "interested" in Defiler. I think Hesh's oppinion added to Chris' already knowing that the band stunk.
Posted By: Daigo Mick Friend

Re: going too far - 12/30/05 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Arvido:
One of the great things about sopranos characters is that we like them although they sometimes do awful things. Sometimes, however, there have been instances when they go a bit too far, and I as a viewer think a bit less of them.

Speak for yourself. I can't wait to see all of them get what they got comming to them.

Crime Does'nt Pay
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: going too far - 01/08/06 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Arvido:
I think this is exactly what the writer, David Chase does to us. We'll watch 4 episodes and his writing will make the viewer see the human side of someone like Tony, make the viewer relate to him. Then all of a sudden, when someone like Tony is humanized in the eyes of the viewer, Chase will hit us with an episode showing what a lowlife scumbag Tony and his cohorts really are. What David Chase does is bring us back to reality every now and then showing us that these people are really a bunch of greedy no good murdering bastards.

It's a brilliant writing technique that Chase uses, and it works.

Don Cardi
Posted By: irishmike

Re: going too far - 01/17/06 08:17 PM

I got to tell you, Paulie smothering that loudmouth was understandable.
Posted By: juventus

Re: going too far - 02/12/06 07:44 PM

Quote:

Paulie and Chrissy killing the waiter over a neglected tip. [/QB]
That was the first one that came in my mind
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: going too far - 02/13/06 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:

Paulie suffocating his mother's friend.
It shows you what a petty lowlife Paulie really is.
I crack up when he yells at the old lady and says those are ma's rolls and then when the check comes, he puts the money on the table and says this is for me and ma.

DS
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: going too far - 02/13/06 07:04 PM

How about when he broke the lawn guys arm and then robbed his lawnmower?

DS
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET