Home

The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread

Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 10/03/05 06:20 AM

Well, with under half a year until the official start of the 6th and maybe final season of the greatest show on television, I can already see the wannabe-wiseguys playing Sopranos-rumor-mill all over the net.

I've done some investigating, and I'm sure the information leak will open up more and more as we approach March 5th, but I just wanted to have a thread where all could post any official information or rumors concerning the new season.

I would like to ask that we keep this thread strictly on actual info and not post any predictions or hopes for season 6. Also, any links to information or pictures would be appreciated.

Hopefully, by the time early March rolls around, we'll know all we can. Im excited already.

****WARNING**** “Spoilers” follow, although none of this is *absolutely* official, but if you want to be genuinely surprised, stop reading NOW
Well here's what Ive got so far...

Here's some pics of the "Wedding Scene". The supposed storyline here is that at least Tony, Carmella, AJ, Chris, and mystery lady in a green dress are attending. I'm thinking this might be Chris' new beau. Anyway, here's the pics.

Michael Imperioli is there in the light green shirt, left side of the screen, Gandolfini is standing across from him.

Here's Jimmy Gandolfini sitting on the steps after his supposed panic attack. Ive read that its maybe Johnny Sac's daughter "Allegra's" wedding, and he gets let out of the can to attend. Federal marshalls set up metal detectors on the entrances to the church, and Tony, after setting them off a number of times, has a panic attack and falls on the steps. Its not known why everyone is dressed for the occasion besides Gandolfini .

CONTINUED....

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 10/03/05 06:21 AM

Anyway, in that photo, you can see Jimmy, Imperioli, Robert Iller (AJ) standing behind the sitting Gandolfini, he's wearing a blue shirt, has long hair now, and also the mystery-green-dress lady to the right. Also, Jamie Lynn (not sure what shes going by as far as last name these days, her and her husband of less then a year recently split up. My fingers are recrossed. ) Anyway, shes there, next to Jimmy and Iller, black dress.

Here’s Vince Curatola , AKA the great Johnny “Sac” Sacrimoni, enjoying a quick smoke break in between takes. So that’s why he looks so menacing whenever hes smoking. :rolleyes:

Here's another with Gandolfini, Imperioli, Curatola, and Iller in the distant background. Also, a real faceshot on green-dress lady. Gina Tognoni , whos mainly a soaps actress, has supposedly been cast in a recurring role, and although I dont have a real good idea what she looks like, I'm thinking this might be her in the green dress here.

...Imperioli

...Gandolfini

... Iller, and is that Frank Vincent AKA Phil "holds-onto-a-grudge-like-a-social-security-card" Leotardo standing in the doorway? Perhaps.

CONTINUED.....

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 10/03/05 06:22 AM

... Another one of Jimmy, and there's Vincent-Pastore's-conjoined-twin himself, Frank Vincent, visible over the black guy's head. He makes his appearance.

... Ladies and gentleman, Mr. Billy Batts!

... How they grow. :rolleyes:

... and finally, Jimmy chatting with some fans.

Anyway, further info. I found some episode guest appearance lists, so I guess we can assume these characters will still be alive at least this far in. Also, some of the early episode names are here, not they usually reveal anything anyway. Here's some of the notables...

"Members Only" Episode: #6.1 - 5 March 2006
Nick Annunziata .... Eddie Pietro
Joseph Caniano .... Teddy Spirodakis
Greg D'Agostino .... Jimmy Lauria
Robert Funaro .... Eugene Pontecorvo
Lenny Venito .... Butter

"Join the Club" Episode: #6.2 - 12 March 2006
Randy Blair .... Nurse's Aide
Gary Cowling .... Nurse Tuthill
Scott Davidson .... Bald Guy
Chris Diamantopoulos .... Jason Barone
Jonathon Gentry .... Dr. Keith
Eli Harris .... Camera Man #1
Jason Loftus .... Bellhop

Episode: #6.5 - 2 April 2006
Sharon Angela .... Rosalie Aprile
William DeMeo .... Jason Molinaro
Michael DeNigris .... Mob Boss
Louis Gross .... Tony's Bodyguard
Will Janowitz .... Finn DeTrolio
Paul Schulze .... Father Phil Intintola
Mario Suarez .... Mario - Phil Leotardo's Crew
Theresa Suarez .... Anthony Afante's Wife
Frank Vincent .... Phil Leotardo

"Live Free or Die" Episode: #6.6
Peter Allas .... Salvatore
Edoardo Ballerini .... Corky Caporale
Joseph R. Gannascoli .... Vito Spatafore

Thought Id mention here, supposedly in #2, the storyline goes something like this. Someone, thought to be Tony, winds up in the hospital, AJ and Carmella step outside, and they are rushed by a reporter and a camera man. Carmella then huddles AJ and runs inside.

This seems to be explained by the guest appearance list for that episode. I was reading a news article of a local NY paper online which was talking about the filming of this scene in their town, cant seem to find the article now.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 10/03/05 06:23 AM

Looking at that list has me wondering who Eddie Pietro is? I see he appeared in two episodes near the end of last season, but I cant remember who he is. Appears in 3 out of the first 4, so he must have some sort of importance. Guess we'll find out... In 5 months.

Next, I wanted to share this paragraph from a NY Daily News article. Just a bit about the Sopranos, and this is current, so dont be confused.

Quote:
Musacchia pulled off Northern Blvd. through the main gates of the massive catering hall that sits like Xanadu on the lip of Nassau County in Gatsby Country, passing uniformed cops, real and reel, and recognizable cast faces - Stevie Van Zandt, Tony Sirico, Mike Imperioli, Jimmy Gandolfini, Vince Curatola and Steve Buscemi .
Kind of interesting, considering that shotgun blast to the side of the head seemed pretty final, but hey, maybe its a dream sequence or he was just hanging out. Here's the link for all you non-believers Article

I also found another article about the filming for Season 6. Here's some of the main points.

"The cast and crew of "The Sopranos" have descended on Cozzarelli's in Belleville, the unofficial funeral home of the HBO mob drama. As with all "Sopranos" wakes, most of the cast is on hand. A few minutes before the first rehearsal, some of the supporting actors (Max Casella, Frankie Valli) are already in full wardrobe."

"The new season will pick up roughly in real time, about two years after the deaths of Adriana and Tony B. and the arrest of Johnny Sack."

"Sirico and Joe Gannascoli (Vito Spatafore) study each other's suits to see which has the better tailoring. Gandolfini mocks the new tan on the face of Steven Schirripa (Bobby Bacala), while Schirripa is giving Van Zandt the business about Silvio's fuller, less helmet-y hairstyle."

"Gandolfini has particular trouble with a line where Tony replies to Christopher's complaint that the mood is morbid by saying, "This is a funeral home. We're surrounded by death." On one take, he mistakenly says, "We're surrounded by dead people," and Michael Imperioli jumps back and delivers a startled "Where?"

"Huddled in with familiar wiseguys like Gandolfini, Sirico and Imperioli is Lenny Venito, playing a new character called Butter. One actor wonders what role Butter will play in the season. "He's the new Richie Aprile, the guy we yell at for nine months," Gandolfini suggests, but no one knows especially not Venito. "This is not only my first day, but my first two hours," he shrugs. "I know what you know."

"We always ask each other, 'What have you heard?'" says Gannascoli, whose character was revealed to be secretly gay last season. "I'm worried. After what I did, it (getting whacked) could happen to me."

"Chase has kept plans for the series finale entirely to himself "It could end with a giant nuclear holocaust that destroys New Jersey, for all I know," says Winter but no one is eager to hear them."

"Van Zandt is already proposing a Silvio spin-off. ("I'm not kidding.")"

Article

Here's some photos which accompanied the article.

[img]http://www.nj.com/cgi-bin/nph-cachecam.c...PG&ct=10800[/img]
... There's our first shot of Curto. I hope all you Sopranos fans havent forgotten that under-the-radar rat. Some people aren't giving him more then a few episodes till he gets whacked. We'll see.

CONTINUED...

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 10/03/05 06:24 AM

... Michael Imperioli, cooler then ever.

Gallery

Here's one more I found.

Jimmy looking quite threatening. :rolleyes:

Figure Ill throw this in here too, in case anyone hasnt seen it yet. This is where you can view the Season 6 promotional video released by HBO. Click on the drop down bar under "Promotional Clips" and pick the one called "Season 6 Exclusive." Pretty good stuff.

Lastly, I read somewhere, and this is another link Ive since lost, that a dream sequence was filmed in which Tony walks into an old fashioned country-type Inn, “glowing” with a sort of heavenly light, and Tony Blundetto, Steve Buscemi, his dead cousin, greets him on the porch. The article was talking about how the whole street was rented out to accommodate for all of the crew’s trailers and whatnot.

Anyway, I'm tired. I'll try to put up more stuff as I find it. Any other additions are appreciated. And remember, only 5 MORE MONTHS!!!!

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 10/03/05 06:35 AM

Just stumbled upon this. This is just from a fan, so I dont know how truthful this is. Figured Id post it anyway.

Posted September 21st:
"They were filming the Sopranos in Brooklyn last Thursday, for episode six of season six. One of the scenes they shot was at 85th and 11th in Dyker Heights, Brooklyn.

Frankie Valli, who plays Rusty Millio (New York Crew), was shot at point blank range through the window of his Black Mercedes while he was getting ready to back out of the driveway. One can assume he's dead. Not a huge character, but a dead one nonetheless. Also, Chris drives a silver maserati this season."

Hhhhhhmmmmmm.........

OUT?
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 10/04/05 06:47 AM

Wow, MistaMista - great stuff, thanks!!

Did you take those first bunch of picks? Are you oddtodd.com ?
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 10/04/05 01:36 PM

Mista! Thanks. What a great research job. Continue to keep us posted. I'm anxious to get the Sopranos thread rolling again. Only six months. :rolleyes:

Geoff, is the church in the picture the one that was across the street from Satriale's??? If I remember correctly that was the church they used in the show??????

Thanks again Mista. Great job.

TIS
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 10/04/05 07:34 PM

Is the new season going to air on tuesday nights or sunday nights? My father and I are addicted to the Sopranos now. I'm going to get some of the seasons on dvd for christmas and my Dad will probably want HBO, when it's time for new season to air.
Posted By: mr. soprano

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 10/05/05 02:24 AM

well im glad they are gonna have tony b. in a dream sequence....i love steve buscemi...and for them to have killed him off was, in my eyes, stupid. when you have such a talented actor on your show, why kill him?
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 10/05/05 04:17 AM

You look great in this picture, TIS!

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 10/05/05 07:51 AM

Thanks to Geoff and TIS, Im glad my hard work was recognized. I did all of my Sopranos investigating one night on my own, and thought a few days later, "I have to share this with the BB," so here it is.

I am gonna try to find some of the lost links I mentioned. There were a few more sets of pictures and an article or two. Theyre out there somewhere.

Originally posted by J Geoff
Quote:
"Did you take those first bunch of picks? Are you oddtodd.com ?"
No and no, I guess he's just a local NY(?) fan who happened to stumble upon the set. I happened to come across a link to those on another Sopranos message board.

As for whether the new season will air on Tuesdays or Sundays, I know last season aired on Sundays. I didnt watch previous seasons in their first run, so I dont know if it has ever changed.

You could easily determine this if you found a 2006 calendar and just looked what day March 5th was, but I dont have one of those yet.

Anyway, thanks again, Ill make sure to post any new info I find, but the stream of new stuff is still pretty slow. And again, I encourage others to do a little investigating themselves.

All for one and Sopranos for all.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 10/05/05 01:01 PM

Although to my knowledge, it's always on Sunday, they do repeat it a couple times during the week. I haven't heard the time/day were being changed.

TIS
Posted By: SC

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 10/05/05 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Geoff, is the church in the picture the one that was across the street from Satriale's???
The church in those pix is in Brooklyn. They filmed those scenes during a July heatwave.

HBO is still planning on airing the show on Sundays.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 10/06/05 01:12 AM

I think that the Church is Our Lady Of Guadalupe.

Don Cardi

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 10/06/05 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
I think that the Church is Our Lady Of Guadalupe.
From the blurry signs, it does look like "Our Lady of" something, but, it doesn't seem to match this pic of Our Lady of Guadalupe unless they used another entrance...?

Edit: Could it be Our Lady of Victory on Throop Ave? That's almost what the sign looks like, but I cannot find modern pictures of it.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 10/06/05 10:53 PM

I am 100% sure that says "Our Lady of Victory."

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 10/07/05 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
I am 100% sure...
Well, that settles that then! 100% confidence means he's been there and done that... :p
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 10/07/05 11:21 AM

Very very good stuff.

Though the sighting of Steve Buscemi may not be a cast appearance but as a directoral one maybe?
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 10/12/05 01:53 PM

A wedding in The Sopranos, just like a birth, is unprecedented. I'd like to see both, perhaps this season, to counter-balance the many deaths I predict...

Mick

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 10/19/05 05:41 AM

Found this link. Im not sure if its gonna update, lets see.
Posted By: pinche88

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 10/25/05 11:47 PM

MISTA TOM you mentioned chris drives a maserati? do you no which model he drives just curious lol maserati is my favorite car.Thanks in advance

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 10/27/05 01:50 AM

No idea, I copied that quote directly from the source, so thats all the information I have on that topic.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 11/02/05 10:41 PM

Finally, some new news. I found another new character addition to the show, although this seems like its probably a pretty minor one.

Veteran barber and part time actor Mario D'Elia gave an interview to this newspaper about his recent guest appearance on the show. All that he reveals is that he is playing a wiseguy of some sort, and he has scenes with Gandolfini. Here\'s the article, with an accompanying picture.

[img]http://cmsimg.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcsi...05&MaxW=300[/img]

Anybody else find anything noteworthy?

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 11/02/05 11:02 PM

Found this also, supposedly a little more then 2 months ago, the entire crew moved to Boonton to shoot scenes in a fictional New Hampshire town, Dartford. Not sure what the Sopranos are doing in New Hampshire, but there you have it. Here's a paragraph I found in a blog...

Quote:
Speaking of Joseph R. Gannascoli, he was spotted up in Boonton, New Jersey yesterday. No idea what his character was doing up there, but the Sopranos production crew, converted the town to resemble a town (or should I say a village, that’s really what they have up there) in New Hampshire.

They changed the name of the Boonton Dinner and decorated the streets, to resemble the fictional town of Dartford. Having lived in New Hampshire ( or New Hampster, as Tony Soprano would say), while going to school, I wondered where the snow was (it used to snow up there every day).
And here's a link to another article citing the shooting, with some more general information.

Link

Very interesting.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 11/02/05 11:13 PM

A little more information on the wedding episode. This source confirms that it is in fact Johnny Sac's daughter's wedding, but it doesn't say specifically who she's marrying

This article was an interview with the band that was hired to play as the wedding band. Here's some of the highlights...

"Producers from "The Sopranos" contacted the Great Kills musician this summer, asking if his band could provide the wedding soundtrack for an upcoming episode." "...rubbed shoulders with James Gandolfini and the rest of the cast at Leonard's of Great Neck, a catering hall on Long Island used to film the wedding reception of the daughter of character Johnny (Sack) Sacramoni."

"...the episode -- scheduled to be the fifth of the 2006 season -- airs sometime in mid-April." "Riccardo met with ... actor/director Steve Buscemi, who was at the helm of the wedding episode."

Here's the link to the full article.

Link

And here's another tidbit. This one is in reference to the vague hospital scene I was describing above.

"Hal Holbrook, who has made a career out of playing Mark Twain, is switching gears. He's dropping Twain's getup to don a hospital gown so he can play Tony Soprano's roommate on HBO's "The Sopranos." Holbrook is taping a multi-episode appearance on the hit mob drama, according to a source close to the actor.

No word on exactly what's ailing Soprano, played by James Gandolfini, or how long he'll be in the hospital. "The Sopranos" is in production for its sixth season, and HBO officials say it will be back sometime next year.

Hey I recognize that guy!

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 11/14/05 08:10 AM

In case anyone hasnt heard, Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas will be making a cameo appearance in the new season. She will reportedly be playing a cop who has gone undercover as a stripper.

Sounds like trouble for Silvio and the Bada Bing, although how much does he share with the strippers? Anyway, here's the link.

Story
Posted By: Bada Bing Ben

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 11/16/05 01:46 AM

When would filming end?!

I am graduating from university in June and would LOVE to go to Jersey and see all the places in the various episodes.

First port of call...the Strip joint used to home The Bing!!

In a similar way to many on here i have a fascination with Organised Crime. I am wrting my dissertation on the socio-political impacts of LCN on Italy in the 20th century and as such would to see some of the places in sicily where it actually happened. also, of course, i would love to go down mulberry street and chart the places where various mobsters got whacked over the years. I would love to find the Bergin social club that Gotti used to hang out in.

Anyway i am rambling. I have read this thread sooo many times and it still makes this 22 yr old guy as excited as a child on Xmas morning!!

good on ya Hagen!
Posted By: ChrisY2J

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 11/22/05 01:29 AM

I heard the story about the Black Eyed Peas girl appearing as a cop or FBI agent going undercover as a stripper to infiltrate the Bing.
I also heard that Tony Soprano is going to take a bullet in Season Six! I suppose that's why he'll be in the hospital.
Any guesses on who the shooter is? I'm guessing Christopher or Phil Leotardo.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 11/22/05 01:36 AM

why do you think chris would shoot tony? I would think Phil or someone who is with New York organization.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 11/23/05 06:08 AM

Found some more info on Fergie's cameo appearance. According to this article, she appears in only one episode as the stipper/undercover cop, she is seen by one of the guys talking to an FBI agent, and she is subsequently killed.

Kind of interesting considering all the flak the show has caught for violence against women.

Anyway, here's the link...

Article

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 11/25/05 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Lights:
why do you think chris would shoot tony? I would think Phil or someone who is with New York organization.
Watch Season Five again. There is a LOT of bitter resentment and bad blood between Tony and Christopher. As the season ended, they appeared sweep it all under the rug and be on good terms, but I'm sure that won't last forever.
I can definitely see Christopher going after Tony in the future.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 11/26/05 06:22 PM

I could never see Chrissy turning on Tony. We'd need some real character arc for Chris for it to happen; as it is, he simply hasn't got the balls or self-drive to do it. He idolises Tony, out of having no father more than genuinely loving the guy.

Mick

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/03/05 12:37 AM

I dunno, man. I can definitely see it happening, Christopher turning on Tony. Look at the episodes "Irregular Around The Margins" and "Long Term Parking" for all the evidence you need to see to know there is plenty of bitter resentment in Mr Moltisanti towards Tony.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/03/05 01:31 AM

Yeah, okay. But if he did, it would have to be a sparked by something big, and would be a thoughtless reaction on Chris' part. He had to get drunk before confronting Tony at the Bing in season 5. He soon changed his tune when he realised he was out of his depth.

Mick

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/03/05 06:12 AM

Not to be an asshole or anything, but...

Quote:
I would like to ask that we keep this thread strictly on actual info and not post any predictions or hopes for season 6.
Perhaps a new thread is in order?

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/03/05 03:09 PM

Whoops. Sorry, Mista!

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/05/05 06:20 AM

Perfectly alright, Im all up for debating theories for the new season, I would just rather that this thread be strictly factual information. Thanks.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/06/05 05:53 AM

HBO has just released a new trailer for Season 6, reportedly starting on March 5th, 2006. Doesn't give away any plot points or anything, but interesting and well-made nonetheless.

Here's the link.

Click on that, then on the first drop down bar, choose the one that says "Season 6 Trailer" or something of that sort.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/10/05 03:32 AM

Has anyone hear of season six having 20 episodes instead of 13? I thought I read this information somewhere, but I guess I was misled.
Posted By: Donfanucci

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/10/05 06:20 AM

That was a cool trailer, and 20eppys would be great but I doubt it.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/10/05 10:11 AM

It does have 20 episodes. The first 12 will begin airing on March 5th, and theyll finish in mid June, and then there will be a 6 month break, and then in January 2007, 8 additional episodes will air. Theyre not calling this a new season though, just "bonus" episodes for Season 6.

Anyway, some new news, Lorraine Bracco, in a recent interview, when asked if there would be any advance screenings for the first few episodes of the season for the press like has been done in previous seasons, she replied that there would be no advance screenings because something really big happens in the first episode.

She reportedly seemed kind of embarresed afterwards as if she had maybe given away information she wasnt supposed to reveal, so she's got everyone's heads racing now to try to figure out what it will be. Here's the link.

I am so excited.
Posted By: Don Pope

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/15/05 03:28 AM

From that trailer, were given the vibe that season 6 has a lot to do with christopher, hence Tony's dialouge from season 3 in the trailer from when Christopher gets made.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/15/05 09:27 PM

Found some new updated supporting cast lists. Notice the title of episode #5, seems to be reaffirming the theory about Johnny Sac's daughter getting married. Wonder if he'll be out of the can or not.

Also, I was really excited to see that Edoardo Ballerini has joined the cast. I really loved him in Dinner Rush, and he's got a very unique look to him. Can't wait to see him rubbing shoulders with the Soprano crew.

"Members Only" Episode: #6.1 - 12 March 2006
Joseph Caniano .... Teddy Spirodakis
Max Casella .... Benny Fazio
Robert Funaro .... Eugene Pontecorvo
Jeff Keilholtz .... Party Doctor
C.S. Lee .... Dr. Ba
Lou Martini Jr. .... Anthony Infante
Lisa Miller .... Bada Bing Waitress (as Lisa Sue Miller)
Frankie Valli .... Rusty Millio
Lenny Venito .... Butter

"Join the Club" Episode: #6.2 - 19 March 2006
Randy Blair .... Nurse's Aide
Gary Cowling .... Nurse Tuthill
Scott Davidson .... Bald Guy
Chris Diamantopoulos .... Jason Barone
Jonathon Gentry .... Dr. Keith
Eli Harris .... Camera Man #1
C.S. Lee .... Dr. Ba
Jason Loftus .... Bellhop
Sonny Vellozzi .... Countryclub Member

"Mr. and Mrs. Sacramoni Request" Episode: #6.5 - 9 April 2006
Sharon Angela .... Rosalie Aprile
William DeMeo .... Jason Molinaro
Michael DeNigris .... Charles Cinelli
Louis Gross .... Tony's Bodyguard
Will Janowitz .... Finn DeTrolio
Adam Mucci .... Eric DiBenedetto
Tommy Riccardo .... Wedding Band Guitarist (uncredited)
Paul Schulze .... Father Phil Intintola
Mario Suarez .... Mario - Phil Leotardo's Crew
Theresa Suarez .... Anthony Infante's Wife
Sonny Vellozzi .... Wedding Guest
Frank Vincent .... Phil Leotardo

"Live Free or Die" Episode: #6.6 - 16 April 2006
Peter Allas .... Salvatore
Rich Lounello .... Phil Leotardo Jr.
Sonny Vellozzi .... Bada Bing Customer

"Luxury Lounge" Episode: #6.7 - 23 April 2006
Filippo Bozotti .... Giovanni Coppito
Dylan Bruce .... Doorman
Dierdre Friel .... Sandy
Brad Lee Wind .... BadaBing Cigar Patron

Episode: #6.8 - 30 April 2006
Matthew Moeini .... Man Walking Down Sidewalk
James O'Toole .... Baz

"The Ride" Episode: #6.9
Jonathan Del Arco .... Father Jose
Sonny Vellozzi .... Italian Festival Browser

80 days and counting!

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/21/05 04:33 AM

Found a new article which gives some details about the previous mention I made of the show shooting some scenes in a fictional New Hampshire town called Dartford. Apparently Vito Spatafore flees there for some reason,

and in the context I saw, they mentioned the Jackie Aprile Jr killing right after they mentioned his going on the lam, so perhaps he is indicted for this and decides to flee?

Could this be our first sign of Ray Curto putting one of his comrades behind bars? We'll have to wait and see. Here's some of the highlights from the article, as well as some accompanying pictures.

"All three times, for the purpose of the show, the town was transformed into the fictional village of Dartford, N.H., where mob enforcer Vito Spatafore (Joe Gannascoli) flees. Several seasons ago, Spatafore shot and killed mobster wannabe Jackie Aprile Jr."

I've read that Joe Gannascoli recently lost over 140 pounds, and you can really see it in some of these pictures. He looks a lot better. He also recently got married.

Here's the article.

75 Days

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/21/05 01:31 PM

Lovely pics, man!

As nothing's concrete right now, I still lurk these regions, but once it starts over there, I'm out of here, avoiding the spoiler-ridden depths.

I just finished watching season five last night. I really, really can't wait now...
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/21/05 03:46 PM

Great pictures. I hear that they may kill Vito off the show this season.

DS

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/21/05 07:32 PM

Yeah they seem to be setting him up to become a major player this year. Whether that means he'll be killed or perhaps take the place of someone higher up then him who may be killed, we'll have to find out.

I really like Joe Gannascoli, and I always liked his character, and it will be really interesting to see how they deal with the whole gay thing. He seems like he could become a very central character very early.

This news of his character having to flee to New Hampshire for some reason makes me think one of three things will happen...

A. Tony will put out a contract on his head and he'll somehow find out
B. Phil Leotardo and NY will put out a contract on his head and he'll be forced to lam it
C. He'll face indictment on the Jackie Aprile Jr murder charges and so he'll have to lam it

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/23/05 10:08 AM

Apparently HBO is doing away with its usual pre-season premiere at Radio City Music Hall. As reported earlier here, Lorraine Bracco (Dr. Melfi) spilled the beans about the opening episode (that something drastic happens - but no main star gets killed) and HBO is afraid that the pre-season premiere will spread the spoiler too long before it airs on tv.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/23/05 10:22 PM

Ah, I hadnt heard the bit about no main star getting killed, so I guess that does away with the Uncle Junior's death theory.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/23/05 10:46 PM

Thought Id share this. I did a little analysis on the Sopranos: On the Set preview on HBO.com, which can be seen here. Here are some of the more interesting screenshots with some descriptions and dialogue snippets.

The first one we come upon is the screen in the top right corner. Tony, Vito, and Chris can be seen standing outside Satriale's, and Tony is heard saying, "Hey, Agent Harris." Agent Harris then approaches and shakes Tony's hand (the screen in the middle row, to the right.)

Next, we see some quick shots of Tony, Vito, and Chris, standing in the same place where they met Harris. Now, Phil Leotardo is talking with them, and there's a quick shot of Phil and Vito talking directly to one another (bottom row, to the right.) Unfortunately, there's no dialogue here to clue us in to what may be being said.

A few moments later, there's a quick shot of Vito and Ray Curto standing near each other. Although this doesn't look like it is a shot taken during filming, I thought it was interesting nonetheless, as these two seem to have the potential to become major players this year (top row, center.)

Next, we cut inside the Bada Bing, where Tony, Vito, and Chris can be seen sitting in suits and formal attire (bottom row, center). Phil Leotardo enters with a small entourage (middle row, center). The guys began to get up to greet him, and Vito can be heard saying, "Oh, finally."

A little bit later into the video, a woman who I believe is the costume designer for the show mentions that the shooting the crew was doing that day involved the filming of a funeral (top row, left). There's no details on who's funeral this might be, but I thought it was worth noting.

Now, the interesting parts. Tony, Vito, Chris, and Phil, wearing the same clothes they were previously seen wearing inside the Bada Bing, are now standing outside, in what seems to be the Bing parking lot, judging by the nearby highway (middle row, left). Phil says to Tony, "This whole thing was a complete misunderstanding, it was way out of line." I'm thinking he's referring to the small war that occured between the Sopranos and the Lupertazzi family in Season 5, but there's a chance he could be referring to something we dont even know about yet.

And then the video draws to a close. Upon closer examination, I was able to find some minor clues in here, but nothing is concrete.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/24/05 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MistaMista Tom Hagen:

Phil says to Tony, "This whole thing was a complete misunderstanding, it was way out of line." I'm thinking he's referring to the small war that occured between the Sopranos and the Lupertazzi family in Season 5, but there's a chance he could be referring to something we dont even know about yet.
[IMG] [/QB]
I have seen only up to season 4 of Sopranos. Can you please tell me of the Sopranos and Lupertazzi family war?

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/24/05 08:39 AM

Not to be disrespectful or anything, but rather than try to describe the sometimes vague and complicated conflict between the Sopranos and the Lupertazzi's, I'm just gonna link you to this , full episode summaries of the last season. You can probably attain a general idea of what happened.

Sorry I couldnt take the time to help you further.
Posted By: SopranoFan

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/24/05 07:45 PM

You really shouldn't be apologizing. I have no idea why someone who hasn't seen season 5 would be reading a thread about season six. just boggles the mind.

Anyway, according to IMDB.com, episode 4 is titled "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh".

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/24/05 09:10 PM

Boy, I've been away from this thread too long. Thanks for the updates. Great pictures. And....March 6 is only two months away. Yea!!!!!It's about time.

Re Bracco's remarks about something "big" happening in the first episode. I love those episodes. Thus far, nothing compares to Ralphie's sudden demise. Loved that episode. Didn't see it coming.

And, this is the first I've heard of 20 episodes. First it was to be 10, then 13, now 20???? I hope so. I am definitely ready for a "Sopranos" fix.

TIS

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/27/05 07:38 AM

I've seen all of season 4 episodes. I just totally forgot what the war was all about. I guess I need to rent the season again.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/27/05 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Lights:
I've seen all of season 4 episodes. I just totally forgot what the war was all about. I guess I need to rent the season again.
You should probably watch season five to know what "war" they are talking about, not season 4.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/29/05 06:16 AM

yeah, I just got all the season for christmas, and now I understand the conflict.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/30/05 08:29 PM

The new issue of TV Guide has leaked that:
SPOILER MATERIAL
Christopher gets married
END SPOILER MATERIAL

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/30/05 11:46 PM

Nice find SC. I don't get TV Guide, so Ill have to ask you, do they reveal any further details? I'm wondering if the wedding of Johnny Sac's daughter and Chris's wedding are one in the same.

And some new news...

In an interview with Sopranos writers Robin Green and Mitch Burgess, they revealed a small detail that Johnny Sac, in episode 2 of the new season, orders a hit from jail after finding he's been insulted by this person. Phil Leotardo is the one who takes the order. Not sure who the victim could be or whether the hit is succesful or not. Here's the exact quote.

"This is for a seven-line scene from episode two of the forthcoming season. Incarcerated New York Mob boss Johnny “Sack” is getting a visitor. He learns he’s been dissed, and orders a hit. That’s about all I can tell you—otherwise I’d have to kill you, too."

"Back on set, ready to roll. Mitch and Robin sit on high director’s chairs with their names on the backrest, earphones on, watching over monitors, as jump-suited JOHNNY SACRAMONI (played by Vincent Curatola) faces his captain PHIL LEOTARDO (Frank Vincent) across a table. DIRECTOR walks around with cigarette blowing extra smoke into the air."

And the link.

Who's on the chopping block?

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 12/31/05 04:53 PM

My guess is New York capo Rusty Millio is gonna be the one bumped off.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/01/06 01:23 AM

Yeah there was a post earlier in this thread concerning the rumors of his death around Episode 5 or 6 I think. Yes, that would mean these rumors wouldnt coincide with an Episode 2 killing, but they could be inaccurate, because hey, its all just rumor.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/01/06 07:19 AM

Maybe Paulie and Chris will argue over who deserves to be in control of Tony B's gambling racket now that he is out of the picture. Little detials like this who the new owner will be is interesting to me, although it may not be addressed.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/03/06 03:29 AM

Found a small set of photos taken by a fan at shooting of one of the episodes. They're not of very good quality, but I figured I'd post them anyway.

They can be found here.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/03/06 07:26 AM

The Season 6 Premiere has been pushed back a week, the first episode will air March 12.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/03/06 08:58 AM

I was reading about an article in a november issue of The New Yorker magazine, a small biography of Steve Buscemi.

In the article, it is revealed that Buscemi will be directing the episode called "Mr. and Mrs. Sacrimoni Request," which is mainly about the wedding of Johnny Sac's daughter. Buscemi gives away these plot details.

"The writer tags along as Buscemi directs an episode, "Mr. And Mrs. Sacrimoni Request," of the upcoming season. In it, Johnny Sack, who's in prison awaiting trial, is allowed out by the Feds for six hours to attend his daughter's wedding.

Among the teaser details we learn: Tony attends the wedding having just gotten out of the hospital and is bearing scars from whatever it is that happened to him. (The writer asks Buscemi how Tony got the scars and he says "If we told you, you wouldn't get out of here alive.") Johnny Sack disgraces himself by breaking down and crying when the Feds tell him it's time to go and Phil Leotardo smells blood in the water and starts talking about how Johnny has lost it."

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/03/06 09:03 AM

Found a small gossip article saying that Tony will take a bullet but survive this season. Rumors are saying the "big event" that Lorraine Bracco slipped about that happens in Episode 1 is perhaps a hit attempt on Tony or something of that sort, as he seems slated to end up in the hospital early on, and then he is released by the time Johnny Sac's daughter gets married.

Here's the article.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/03/06 10:04 AM

A few new things...

Here's a pic I found of the filming for the church scene. In it, you can see Chris standing directly next to the mystery woman in the light green dress, so I'm thinking we can probably confirm this his new girlfriend/fiance.

Also, a small interview with Louis Gross, who will be playing Tony's new bodygaurd. Couldnt find a picture of him.

This guy will be playing a character named Muhammed, a North African arms dealer, who is reportedly selling Christopher some guns. His name is Donnie Keshawarz, and he says his character will be providing some "comic relief," and will appear in at least 2 episodes.

If you recognize him, it may be because he has appeared in 24, Sex in the City, and Lost. Im thinking his appearances will be later in the season considering imdb does not list his guest spots yet.

Here's the link to article.

Quote:
Lastly, I read somewhere, and this is another link Ive since lost, that a dream sequence was filmed in which Tony walks into an old fashioned country-type Inn, “glowing” with a sort of heavenly light, and Tony Blundetto, Steve Buscemi, his dead cousin, greets him on the porch. The article was talking about how the whole street was rented out to accommodate for all of the crew’s trailers and whatnot.
Found this article I was referencing.

Quote:
MORRIS TWP. - Instead of staying in and watching television last Thursday night, residents of Normandy Parkway gathered on their neighbors’ lawn to watch the filming of a television hit - The Sopranos.

The award-winning HBO series, shooting its sixth season which begins in spring 2006, moved its set to 22 Normandy Parkway, the home of Dr. Robert Cole, and worked there from Thursday morning to early Friday morning.

Two police officers patrolled the street to keep the set closed. HBO officials, who kept the details of the show’s plot confidential, told neighbors that they planned to turn the Cole house into a secluded country-inn, and that the shoot would probably constitute a three-minute scene. [...]

Nader was told that the scene was a dream sequence, and she said that the profusion of lights gave the house a “dream quality.” Nader also said that in the scene they were filming, James Gandolfini, who plays the main character, Tony Soprano, drove up to the property and was met by the actor Steve Buscemi, who she thought “was playing some kind of host.”

Buscemi appeared regularly last season as Tony Blundetto - Tony Soprano’s cousin and childhood friend, who was released from prison after 15 year for mob-related activity. Since the Blundetto character ended up dead, killed by a shotgun blast fired by Soprano, the probability the scene is a dream sequence is pretty high.

A small blurb concerning Tony's hospital stay from a Q&A session in a magazine...

Quote:
One of my Jersey moles tells me the show is shooting scenes on the campus of NJIT this week. The college is standing in for the fictional University of Newark Hospital. "The whole cast was there," says my spy. "Apparently, Tony gets shot or has a heart attack or something, and they all come to the hospital to visit him."
A bit vague, but hey, its there.

Also, here's another lost link I found. This one concerning the scenes filmed outside the hospital where a reporter rushes up to AJ asking him questions and then Carmella grabs him and hurries away. The fact that there's a reporter there makes me think Tony has to have been shot, as I dont know why the press would cover a mob boss's heart attack with such fervor.

Article

Also, I dont know whether this is inaccurate information or a spoiler slip, but apparently Vito has joined Phil Leotardo's crew and New York in the new season. Here's the highlights of this article.

Quote:
The scene behind the Bada Bing is a meeting Tony (Gandolfini) and Christopher (Michael Imperioli) have with Phil Leotardo (Frank Vincent) and his entourage, which today consists of Vito Spatafore (a somewhat slimmed down Joe Gannascoli). Tony is attempting to smooth things over with Phil after Tony's cousin, Tony Blundetto (Steve Buscemi), gunned down Phil's brother Billy in one of last season's final episodes.

They also have business to discuss in the wake of the arrest of Johnny Sack (Vincent Curatola) in the season finale. "As of right now," said Vincent during a break in filming, "I'm handling Johnny's business, so whether I'll be the big man or not remains to be seen."
Here's a small desciption of the filming of the first episode of the season revealed a few interesting details to me.

Quote:
It's Tuesday morning, and the cast and crew of "The Sopranos" have descended on Cozzarelli's in Belleville, the unofficial funeral home of the HBO mob drama. As with all "Sopranos" wakes, most of the cast is on hand. A few minutes before the first rehearsal, some of the supporting actors (Max Casella, Frankie Valli) are already in full wardrobe.
2 things I noticed, 1. they're filming a funeral, so I guess someone dies in episode 1 (rumor has it that Heshy meets his maker), and 2. Max Casella, who plays Benny Fazio, is there. I was just wondering today what sort of condition his character would be in, considering the vicious beating he took from Phil Leotardo at the end of last season. I guess he's fully recovered.

And lastly, here's the episode titles as of right now, although this list has changed repeatedly.

"Members Only" Episode: #6.1 - 12 March
"Join the Club" Episode: #6.2 - 19 March
??? Episode: #6.3 - 26 March
"The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" Episode: #6.4 - 2 April
"Mr. and Mrs. Sacramoni Request" Episode: #6.5 - 9 April
"Live Free or Die" Episode: #6.6 - 16 April
"Luxury Lounge" Episode: #6.7 - 23 April
??? Episode: #6.8 - 30 April
"The Ride" Episode: #6.9 - 7 May
??? Episode #6.10 - 14 May

Well, thats all folks!

68 Days and Counting

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/12/06 10:03 AM

Updated Episode Names List (Supposedly)

EPISODE 1 - Members Only
EPISODE 2 - Join the Club
EPISODE 3 - ???
EPISODE 4 - The Fleshy Part of the Thigh
EPISODE 5 - Mr. and Mrs. Sacrimoni Request
EPISODE 6 - Live Free or Die
EPISODE 7 - Luxury Lounge
EPISODE 8 - Johnny Cakes
EPISODE 9 - The Ride
EPISODE 10 - Moe and Joe

Im thinking that the name of Episode 3 must be some sort of spoiler because I dont see why else they wouldnt have released it yet, considering all the others have been named. Perhaps it alludes to someones death.

59 DAYS and COUNTING

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/14/06 10:01 AM

Found an article on a Lorraine Bracco website about a recent Sopranos press junket that has a lot of good information and pictures. Here's the highlights.

Mostly all of this can be found here.

Quote:
"A clip from the upcoming sixth season, beginning March 12, showed what appears to be Janice (Aida Turturro) getting married and Johnny Sack's wife (Denise Borino) fainting at the reception."

This has to be incorrect im thinking. Unless Janice and Bobby got divorced during the 2 year break, why would Janice be getting married? This is probably a reference to Chris's wedding or Allegra Sacrimoni's, mistaken for Janices for some reason.

Quote:
"It appears A.J. (Robert Iler) may get locked up in a facility of some sort and Paulie (Tony Sirico) stabs someone in the chest."

Wow! Thats good stuff. Could AJ be getting mixed up in his fathers business, or is this more of his childish pranks? And Paule stabbing someone!

Quote:

Carmella confesses she knew what kind of man Tony is when she began dating him and he brought her father a power drill.

"I knew behind that power drill was probably a guy with a broken arm or worse," Carmela says in voiceover. "I'd go to my priest and cry about how my husband made his money, but that was bull -- because there are far bigger crooks than my husband."
Quote:
Guest stars in the upcoming 12-episode season include Ben Kingsley (playing himself), Julianna Margulies (as a real estate agent) and Hal Holbrook (as an ailing Bell labs retiree who gets involved with the mob).

Ben Kingsley! playing himself?

Ive also heard rumors of Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas, Gina Tognoni, and Ray Winstone.

Quote:
This much Chase would reveal about the new season: A.J. and Paulie both have a lot to do and characters are disquieted and "sort of rattled."

"It's mostly keyed off the fact that Johnny Sack has been arrested and is facing a large RICO trial for murder and people have the chance to see a possible potential future for themselves in that," Chase said. "It has ripple effects, just like it would psychologically."

AJ finally getting some more attention, and it looks like Paulie's back in the limelight. Something we havent seen since the end of season 4.

Quote:
A ritual on the set is to take the cast member whose character is being killed off out for dinner.

"Actually, we owe a couple," Gandolfini said.

Whole lotta images...

And lastly, some new character info.

Quote:
Toni Kalem is out as Angie Bonpensiero, widow of Big Pussy (Vincent Pastore). The show has sent out a casting notice for a new actress to play the role.

Quote:
Ginny Sack (Denise Borino), wife of mob boss Johnny (my pal Vince Curatola) will get a wiseguy brother who owns a Lenscrafter franchise. His name will also be Anthony (that makes four in the show so far, if I'm counting correctly). He'll be modeled on Carlo, Connie's husband from "The Godfather."

Uncle Junior (Dominic Chianese), for his part, will hire a slick new lawyer.

That's not all: We may see a little of Eugene Pontercorvo's family, too. Eugene (Robert Funaro), one of the late Ralph Cifaretto's (Joe Pantoliano) crew, will get a wife and two kids: a 16-year-old son and an 8-year-old daughter.

And Janice Soprano (Aida Turturro) may have had a daughter with husband Bobby Bacal (Steve Schirripa) since we saw them last. There's talk that a 16-month-old baby girl is being sought to play the part.

57 DAYS and COUNTING

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/14/06 06:44 PM

Donnie Keshawarz was in season 2 of 24. Pretty abysmal actor.

Kingsley? I'm all for it. Thanks for the pics.
Posted By: LUCABRAZI

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/14/06 06:47 PM

does anyone know where to find the new season 6 posters?
Posted By: Frankie 5-angels

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/14/06 07:12 PM

Wow Ben Kingsley? That'll be fantastic

I can't wait for the new season to hit these shores!

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/14/06 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LUCABRAZI:
does anyone know where to find the new season 6 posters?
So far the only Season 6 related poster Ive seen is this, which I just found yesterday. A larger version of this can be found on HBO.com. Im thinking they'll release something a bit more specific around mid february.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/14/06 10:21 PM

More updates on that Lorraine Bracco website...

"With a roomful of television critics salivating for a hint, a nudge, a clue, anything about the final 20 episodes of HBO mobster drama The Sopranos, nobody wanted to be the rat. In a montage of clips shown to critics from the 12-episode season that starts March 12, there was some fisticuffs, some gunfire, at least one guy getting hit on the head with a pipe, Tony Soprano kissing someone who isn't his wife, Uncle Junior in jail, and was that Tony's sister Janice (Aida Turturro) in a wedding dress?"

Sorry the pictures are small, I tried blowing them up a bit but they just got really blurry.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/15/06 02:36 PM

Gotta say you're doing an excellent job MistaMista.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/15/06 07:27 PM

Thank you very much for that Turi.

I'm glad this message board is here because if I had never joined this board I'd probably be doing all this research anyway but I wouldn't be documenting or sharing it in anyway.

I just keep hoping that enough people are still reading and not too afraid to spoil it for themselves. I just can't get enough, even if it's less of a surprise later.

And on that note, some new news...

In the recent press junket for the release of Season 6, it was mentioned that Tony is seen kissing a woman who is not Carmella. It was also mentioned that Julianna Margulies was going to guest star on the show as a real estate agent. It has supposedly now been revealed that these two pieces of info were connected, and Tony is seen kissing Margulies. So I guess we can count out Tony's promise to Carmella that he'll be faithful.

Also, a little bit more info on Ben Kingsley's guest appearance as himself. Here's a quote from the Miami Herald.

"Tony's gang considers getting involved in a movie; actor Ben Kingsley (who played a vicious mobster in Sexy Beast) will guest-star as himself in at least one episode."

Interesting. Perhaps Chris' ambitions to become an actor will finally come to fruition?

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/15/06 07:53 PM

I couldn't find any official confirmation of this, but supposedly Kirk Acevedo, who I know from Dinner Rush, will join the cast for at least a couple episodes as a new character named Bernie Celentano.

No word on what type of role his character will play yet.

Also, a fellow cast member of Kirk's from OZ, Mums da Schemer, will be playing a cop.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/21/06 11:28 AM

Just one little piece of information, concerning the montage shown at the recent Season 6 press junket (which I cant seem to find anywhere online ).

Carmella has two voice-over quotes, both, although clearly taken out of context, seem to indicate she may be taking a new attitude towards her husband's criminal activities, and perhaps getting involved.

"There are far bigger crooks than my husband."

and, the really interesting one...

"I hired you to do a job."

Hhmmmm.

Also, two more confirmed guest appearances.

Ron Leibman will be playing a character named Dr. Plepler in Episode #4, "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh."

And also Tim Daly will be returning as washed up TV writer and gambling addict, J.T Dolan. No word on what episode he'll make his appearance.

EDIT:

Just found out that Phil Leotardo's son will be introduced as a new character, although it doesn't look like he'll be appearing that much. Phil Jr. will be played Rich Lounello.

50 DAYS and COUNTING

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/21/06 12:06 PM

Found some photos of the shooting of Episode #6, Live Free or Die, in which Vito flees to Dartford, New Hampshire for an unknown reason. Not sure what the hell is going in some of these.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/21/06 12:06 PM

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/21/06 12:11 PM

And one more I just found, a really good one.

Quite a nasty looking eye injury there. Wonder how it was inflicted?

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/21/06 01:59 PM

Maybe Vito takes a bullet in the eye.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/21/06 05:33 PM

Yeah that does kind of look like it might be a Moe Green special.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/22/06 11:18 PM

hey mista mista is there any word on who might direct the final episode? it would make sense for it to be david chase..but if not i'd like to see buscemi do it.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/23/06 02:24 AM

No, out of the 20 episodes that will make up Season 6, they havent started shooting the last 10, and the airing of the final episode is still over a year away.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/26/06 06:29 AM

FINALLY

This hasn't been officially released by HBO yet, but here it is, a new promotional cast photo. A little small.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/26/06 06:34 AM

I messed with the size and sharpness a little bit.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/28/06 08:52 PM

Supposedly this picture and the one I previously posted confirm the rumor that Vito will somehow lose his left eye, somewhere between episodes 6 and 9, in Boonton. This would seem to say that he didn't flee there simply to avoid trial, as was earlier suspected, but is probably being chased and narrowly avoiding death.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 01/28/06 08:57 PM

Rumor is that there will be an unsuccesful attempt on Johnny Sac's life while he's in prison somewhere in the first few episodes.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/01/06 03:32 PM

New trailer!

Lots of new stuff, there are 2 versions of the trailer, one is longer with a little bit lower quality, and the other is a shorter version with better quality.

Both can be found here.

Here's a quick recap of the trailer, courtesy of The Sopranos board over at TVw/oPity.

Here's a transcript of the trailer that aired before The Sopranos rerun:

Wide shot of Tony in his bathrobe, by the pool.
Carmela VO: "The minute I met tony, I know who that guy was. I don't know if I loved him in spite of it, or because of it. I would go to my priest and I would cry and say how bad I felt, but that was bullshit."
Close up of Tony sitting in a chair by the pool
"There are far bigger crooks than my husband."
Tony holding up a baby, smiling
Carmela leaning against the shower wall
AJ, with long hair
Meadow dancing with Finn
christopher looking distraught
Uncle Junior looking angry
Melfi in a supermarket, looking past the camera at somebody
Silvio and Gabriella in front of a mirror
Stripper poledancing at the Bada Bing
Artie at the bar, looking sad
Johnny Sack rising in a courtroom
Janice
Carmela, on The Stugots, with a plate of sandwiches "Who's hungry?"
Woman, probably Allegra Sack, being fed a piece of wedding cake by her new husband
Carmela feeding Tony with a fork in a restaurant
Vito on Tony's couch, eating some food. Behind him are Silvio at the table, and Paulie looking in the fridge.
Meadow and Carmela at some kind of carnival.
Tony eating some sushi.
Agent Harris and another FBI agent eating sandwiches in Satriale's.
Christopher talking "I think you don't come here for the sandwiches, I think you come cause you miss us."
Benny and another associate strong arming JT Dolan (Tim Daly)
Woman saying, "Why don't you kill him, put a bullet in his head?" doesn't really sound like carmela
Dark, in the woods. Tony's loading boxes into his car, while Chris points the gun at some characters in the foreground
CLose Up on somebody's eye
Tony and Chris outside Satriale's, Chris high fives Benny
Paulie pointing a gun on a guy on the ground at a dock (in broad daylight)
Johnny Sack smoking a cigarette in his prison cell
Paulie and Patsy, by the water, saying "Whatever happens, we gotta be taken care of."
Benny handing Tony a newspaper outside Satriale's, with Silvio close by.
Someone giving Tony an envelope in a funeral home
Someone taking a single bill and handing it to an unknown character
Patsy and an associate getting paid from a retailer.
Tony taking an envelope from Vito, and then kissing him (looks like a wedding)
Tony in Melfi's office, "People think you're weak, they see an opportunity"
AJ running like hell from something, all freaked out, and tries to open a door
Carmela and Janice laughing, looks like the carnival
Meadow looking forlorn in the house, Tony comforting her
Carmela ripping AJ's covers off his bed, while he's still in it.
Phil Leotardo toasting to his associates in Vesuvio's
Tony hitting AJ with a newspaper in the kitchen
Uncle Junior, what looks like a jail setting, talking to Tony "Take your ultimatums and stick 'em up your ass"
Bobby getting a brown paper bag from a black guy in his car
Tony and AJ fishing off the Stugots
Tony and Carmela at the funeral, Tony crossing himself
Tony kissing Julianna Margulies' character
Carmela sleeping
Bobby lighting a cigar
Paulie running down an industrial hallway
JT Dolan being thrown out of a car
Somebody tackling somebody on a porch at night
Artie attempting to do that table cloth trick in fron of his staff, and fails miserably
Tony punching somebody or something in the backroom in Satriale's, while Patsy, Silvio, and Bobby watch
At the carnival, Bobby being stopped by some guys, looks like he's angry with Paulie.
Tony slamming the fridge shu
Chris shooting somebody, out of the passenger window.
Someone punching Vito
A man getting hit with a crowbar next to a garbage truck
JT Dolan getting smacked by Benny in front of a group of people
Paulie stabbing some kind of security guard
A man getting shot inside a takeout joint
Car driving down a dark road
Tony and Carmela snuggling in bed. "Kinda makes you wonder, about heaven and hell."
THE SOPRANOS
The New Season
MARCH

Also, this trailer confirms the rumor that Treach from Naughty by Nature will be guest starring. Bobby can be seen sitting in a car with Treach exchanging a bundle of cash.

I'm also gonna include some analysis by members of the Sopranoland board. They had some interesting things to say.

-JT Dolan's back in town, and looks like he's getting slapped around big time. Could his appearance have something to do with Ben Kingsley playing himself?

-Glad to see some more time being spent on the Stugots, looks like the family's going on a fishing trip, something we haven't seen since season two (and that was just Tony and AJ).

-This carnival setting seems to be of big importance, all the major characters are there. (If I had to guess, I'd say this was episode 9 "The Ride")

-Interesting to see Vito, Paulie, and Silvio all eating in Tony's house.

-At the 1:44 mark, it looks like that's the new actress who's playing Angie Bonpensiero. She looks enough like her, so this change doesn't seem that jarring.

A side note: Just because Carmela says "A hired you to do a job" most likely doesn't mean she's hiring Tony's thugs to kill somebody. First, she would never have to hire someone, Tony would probably just get it done. Second, no way she could live with something like that. She's probably just talking to a plumber or something.

Vito, Silvio and Paulie at Tony's home. The kitchen looks curiously empty (no stuff on the counter).

AJ running to the front door. I looked at the other door behind him. It seems to be a security type of door. Maybe AJ trying to flee re-hab.

Uncle Junior. He appears very, very with it. Possibly was faking regarding his mental state.

I think that Bobby Bacala could get a bigger role it seems. At 1:49 he is fueding with Paulie with everyone holding him back. Also near the end of the trailer Tony says "You gonna take care of his kids after he is gone?". He could be saying that to Janice and referring to Bacala.

if you look very closely, in the still picture where Chrissy is shooting out the window, in the mirror you can see its Tony driving.

It seems linked to the still picture where Chrissy is pointing the gun at a few dudes and Tony is loading the car in the background.

It seemed to me Bobby was looking and shouting past Paulie to someone out of frame.

That said, Bobby's show of anger was quite surprising. We've really only seen him become angry (as opposed to disappointed or disapproving) twice, once to Janice's face when she was going on and on about how he should forget about Karen and he told her to "shut the f@ck up" and once when Tony drove off after a litany of insults about Bobby's weight.

But this scene in the preview was of another magnitude. He was showing the kind of aggressive, unmitigated anger that we're used to seeing from Tony, Paulie, Christopher, Janice et.al. It must have been something very personal for him to have reacted that way, maybe something involving one of his kids.

It looks like something happens to Paulie's mom. The scene with him covering his eyes in apparent tears can only relate to her.

In the scene where Tony is holding the baby, the slow-mo camera work and utter look of joyousness on Tony's face actually seems quite strange here...would/could Tony ever display such love and emotion for anykid other than his own or indeed if it was his grandchild? Both of those scenarios seem unlikely given the time-scale so could the child be the rumoured Janice/Bobby child or even could this be a dream sequence (given the camera-work) where Tony is infact the baby having paternal love granted unto it which he never had?

The 'feinting' of Ginny in this sequence is very interesting/ominous and obviously takes place at the wedding - what on earth could happen for her to feint??....A revelation by someone, an attack, heat exhaustion??!

In the scene where Vito, Paulie, and Silvio are in Tony's kitchen, Vito looks FAR too comfortble on the couch to suggest that Tony is there also as he is 'sitting in Tony's spot' as it were and with Vito sitting there tucking into a bowl of food in a tracksuit chillingly seems to manifest Tony himself.

Also, the fact neither Vito, Pauli or Sil are looking at each other seems chilling to me.

If they are comfortable enough to be eating then why would they not all be eating together?...why is vito in the longue and Sil in the kitchen?

The flower arrangements may also suggest they are there as a result of Tonys alleged accident, perhaps to visit Carmella but inevtably Carmella, would indeed play the hostess to her guests, and they wouldnt tuck in themselves and wouldnt be so liberal when visiting, at a time when if Tony is indeed in hospital, to make themselves comfortable lounging on a sofa, when surely it would be more polite and repectful to sit at the kitchen table (hope that makes sense!!)

If Carmela isnt there (which she doesnt appear to be) then all the more confusion as to why they would even be at the house - i mean, how many times have we seen Pauli/Sil..let alone Vito at Tonys house in such a social context?.... I canonly recall the time of the Junior attempted whacking when Tony hurt his ear...but even then they wouldnt be helping themselves to the Soprano fridge!!

The fact they are all looking in different directions and Vito seems as a manifestation of Tony....could this be a dream??

The waterfront shot with Paulie and Patsy gets me very excited. With Patsy in the shot(perhaps still reeling from his brothers murder) and Paulie growing worried over his NY goofs, i had wondered if this was them talking to NY or the feds but a later shot of Pauli holding a gun to someones head at what seems to be the same waterside venue has me a little stumped!

There's one shot where Tony is being handed an envelope of what looks like money in a place that looks like a funeral home. Could this perhaps allude to Junior's death, or maybe someone elses?

When Junior is seen in his tan jumpsuit, I had originally thought this was Junior in a hospital, yet the breezeblock wall in the B/G and Tonys POV which resembles a 'visisting time' setting would suggest it is Junior in prison...yet if this is prison and Tony is visting, wouldnt Junior be in a traditional Orange jumpsuit - could it be a prison hospital? Junior seem weak in the shot.

In the shot where Tony is slapped, this was the most exciting revelation from the trailer for me!! I know someone else here mentioned that the bald person slapping Tony was Artie but look.....the orange robe with red sashes (spelling).... this screams buddhist/shaolin monk!!!!

Also look at Tonys reaction in the shot and in the actual video you will see how quick he actually recoils from the slap - his reaction and facial expression seem very 'slapstick' almost and his ending facial expression looks EXTREMELY reminiscient of his facial expression in TEST DREAM when he discovered Carmine in his bed so i imagine this is a dream sequence as how would Tony really visit a monk conciously - could the Buddhist monk have anything to do with Gloria as she was Buddhist.......also for me, Buddhist/Shaolin Monks always seem to suggest.represent a spiritual awakening/desire to become pure....all aspects which Tony would inevitably seem to harbour after.

In the dark scene where Vito is getting punched, Well done to the poster who ID'ed Vito here as this would tie in with the other pics released on Vitos own site of him with heavy eye makeup - i was wondering with Chase's insistence on keeping things under wraps this year how Joe Gannascolli would be allowed to post those pics on his site but perhaps the fact that the trailer is now released allows him to do so.

In the scene where Paulie is crying, This seems to be taken from outside of Paulie's condo and it seems the strain of something is taking its toll. Could it be the NY thing? Is Tony onto him - alot of the seems in the trailer point to Paulie seemingly becoming more desparate and ruthless - the stabbing which is infact (when considering all the murders we have seen over the years) looks rather brutal, his panic-run through the industrial looking corridor, his look of distain/disgust at his own mother which is first....Paulies is one of the storylines i am most looking forward to in S6!

The promo picture, which has that ominous shot of the Urn on top of Carmella's mantlepiece, seems to hint at Junior's death. In Season 5 (episode 2, I believe), Junior talks about his creamation, and he specifically reminds Tony about his desire for his ashes to be "placed in an urn on Carmella's mantle, surrounded be family." Well, that is the exact image on the promo.

Thanks to Sopranoland members HBOAficionado, TheOtherForever, Violentj6969, Badabing187, FlyOnMelfisWall, Giuseppe Soprano, and chicoxl.

Very good stuff!

39 DAYS and COUNTING!
Posted By: GottiMafia

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/02/06 04:13 AM

keep up the good work

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/02/06 04:17 AM

Thanks man, greatly appreciated.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/02/06 09:04 AM

For anyone who's still reading .........

According to the HBO schedule, the long unknown title of Episode 3 is "Mayham" (thats not a typo)

So the list looks like this now

"Members Only" Episode: #6.1 - 12 March
"Join the Club" Episode: #6.2 - 19 March
"Mayham" Episode: #6.3 - 26 March
"The Fleshy Part of the Thigh" Episode: #6.4 - 2 April
"Mr. and Mrs. Sacramoni Request" Episode: #6.5 - 9 April
"Live Free or Die" Episode: #6.6 - 16 April
"Luxury Lounge" Episode: #6.7 - 23 April
??? Episode: #6.8 - 30 April
"The Ride" Episode: #6.9 - 7 May
??? Episode #6.10 - 14 May
??? Episode #6.11 - 21 May
??? Episode #6.12 - 28 May

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/03/06 01:02 AM

what a legend!!!

i am salivating at the idea of season 6.

God only knows when it will hit Uk tv screens.

God bless the internet!!

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/03/06 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bada Bing Ben:
what a legend!!!

you flatter me.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/03/06 01:18 PM

HBO put up a new teaser trailer on their site.

It can be found here.

Click on the video drop down bar and choose "Sopranos Open for Business Tease"

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/05/06 07:37 PM

New promotional photo

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/05/06 07:59 PM

awesome mista...i look forward to your reports everytime i log on.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/05/06 11:03 PM

Thanks mr s., are you as excited as I am?

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/06/06 04:19 AM

i definatly am, since im in canada and i have hbo i've made my mom go out and re-order this movie package on digital cable so that i can watch the final season!!! i don't care about the cost. lol.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/06/06 04:21 PM

This promotional shot was officially released by HBO.

34 Days

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/06/06 06:55 PM

That looks like a likely candidate for the dvd boxset cover to me.
Posted By: Daigo Mick Friend

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/07/06 06:01 PM

Quote:
This promotional shot was officially released by HBO.

34 Days
Looks like everyone is looking over Tony's shoulder, but nobody's watching his back.

Is this a sign of things to come

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/08/06 08:13 AM

New article with a lot of details about the new Season. Here are the highlights.

Quote:
New challenges abound for Tony Soprano as his life grows increasingly complicated. Now that he and Carmela are back together, they must face the reality that their kids are no longer children, but not yet grown. And with Johnny Sack in prison, the always-tense relations between the New Jersey and New York families are strained even further.

Aida Turturro, who plays Tony's sister Janice, will return to the show as a series regular, as will Steven R. Schirripa as Bobby "Bacala" Baccalieri, John Ventimiglia as Artie Bucco and Vincent Curatola as Johnny Sack.

Other cast members of THE SOPRANOS this season are Ray Abruzzo as Carmine, Frank Vincent as Phil Leotardo, Joe Gannascoli as Vito Spatafore, Max Casella as Benny, Lenny Venito as Murmur, Carl Capotoro as Little Paulie, Dan Grimaldi as Patsy, Katherine Narducci as Charmaine Bucco, Sharon Angela as Rosalie Aprile, Maureen Van Zandt as Gabrielle Dante and Toni Kalem as Angie Bompensiero.

Guest stars for the sixth season include Jerry Adler ("In Her Shoes"), Tim Daly ("Wings"), Frankie Valli (Four Seasons lead singer), Hal Holbrook ("Men of Honor"), Ben Kingsley ("House of Sand and Fog"), Julianna Margulies ("ER"), Treach (HBO's "First Time Felon"), Ron Leibman ("Garden State"), Elizabeth Bracco ("Analyze This") and Lord Jamar (HBO's "Oz").

Episode .66: "Members Only"
Tony (James Gandolfini) ponders an associate's retirement request, and shares a recent windfall with Carmela (Edie Falco). Junior (Dominic Chianese) takes Tony on a backyard treasure hunt; Hesh (Jerry Adler) seeks restitution for a wrong perpetrated on his son-in-law.
Written by Terence Winter; directed by Tim van Patten.

Episode .67: "Join the Club"
Tony suffers from a case of mistaken identity during a west coast business trip.
Written by David Chase; directed by David Nutter.

Episode .68: "Mayham"
Silvio (Steven Van Zandt) divides the spoils from Paulie's (Tony Sirico) latest score, and heads off a territorial impasse between Bobby (Steven R. Schirripa) and Vito (Joe Gannascoli). Carmela turns to an unexpected source for help with AJ (Robert Iler); Christopher (Michael Imperioli) turns to an old writing acquaintance, JT Dolan (Tim Daly), for help in a new venture.
Written by Matthew Weiner; directed by Jack Bender.

Veteran directors of THE SOPRANOS returning for new shows are Jack Bender, Steve Buscemi, Alan Taylor and Tim Van Patten. Directing episodes for the first time will be Danny Leiner ("Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle"), David Nutter (HBO's "Band of Brothers") and Steve Shill (HBO's "Rome" and "Deadwood").

Among the writers this season are Emmy(r) winner David Chase, Emmy(r) winner Terence Winter, Matthew Weiner and Diane Frolov & Andrew Schneider.
Some interesting stuff there. I wouldn't be surprised if Hesh died in the first episode.

And a West Coast business trip for Tony in Episode 2, interesting. We've only left the East Coast once or twice the entire series. Rumor is, this is where the attempt on his life will take place, which would be backed up by the "mistaken identity" mention. Maybe its not a mob-hit after all.

And it sounds like we're in for an action-packed hour for Episode 3, lot of tension amongst the Soprano crew.

Also, a short note, a "major character" will supposedly be killed in Boston. Wonder if this has anything to do with Vito's fleeing to New Hampshire?

I guess we'll have to find out in...

32 DAYS and COUNTING

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/11/06 07:08 AM

A new character named Anthony Infante will be introduced in episode 1 of the new season. He is supposedly going to be acting boss of Sac's family, and also his brother-in-law.

I had thought we had also heard something about Ginny Sac's brother owning a Lens Crafters or something???

I'm not sure.

Here's a pic.

And some more I found of him with cast members.

Judging by those spectacular spectacles, you might think the Lens Crafters rumor was true. Perhaps Phil installed his brother-in-law as acting boss, someone who was clueless when it came to mob business, simply to install someone who he could be sure would not betray him. Just a thought.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/11/06 07:14 AM

A short, "Making of Season 6" documentary will first air on HBO on March 1st at 8:45 pm on HBO. Other showtimes can be found on the HBO website.

Also some new photos...

Thanks to lbracco.com for those.

29 DAYS and COUNTING

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/11/06 04:23 PM

great work again my friend

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/12/06 07:53 PM

Thanks gottimafia

HBO just posted up a new video online, its called "The Buzz," and it covers a recent New York Times press junket in conjuction with HBO to promote the new seasons of The Sopranos, Entourage, and Curb Your Enthusiasm. I can't seem to find the link to it anywhere but on HBO's mainpage, and I don't know how long they'll keep it up there, but if you go here, and click on "Catch the Sopranos Buzz" right under the picture of Carmella, then you get to see a short video which discusses some little aspects of the new season and has one short clip of Tony. Nothing incredibly interesting, but hey, it's there.

28 DAYS and COUNTING

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/12/06 08:26 PM

Ive been reading rumors here and there that are saying that some Canadian viewers of the show have been receiving a mail bulletin talking about exciting new things coming up on TV, and in one part they discuss the Soprano's new season, and supposedly it kind of implies that we will find out what happened to the missing Russian from "Pine Barrens."

As outrageous as this sounds, I figured i'd post it anyway, just in case it actually happens, I'll be able to say "I told you so!"

Keep in mind though, this is coming from a Canadian cable company, not anything directly affiliated with the show or HBO.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/13/06 07:14 PM

us kooky canadians and our outragous thoughts!! lol.

it would be nice if they did explain the whole pine barrens thing.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/15/06 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mr. soprano:
us kooky canadians and our outragous thoughts!! lol.
My fault, I didnt realize you were Canadian. Re-reading my post, it did kind of sound like I was discrediting the information simply because the cable company was Canadian. My apoligies.

And something new I wanted to mention...

The folks over at the sopranoland forum have been discussing this screenshot from the trailer...

Theyre speculating who this might be getting shot. Upon closer examination...

It looks as though it is perhaps Bobby. This would go along with Tony's line in the trailer, (shouting) "You gonna take care of his kids when he's gone?!" This would seem to be being said to Janice, inevitably about Bobby, especially since Tony says "his" kids, which would make sense since Bobby had 2 kids not by Janice.

As for the shooter, some have speculated it may be Eugene Pontercorvo, although its hard to tell.

Very interesting.

25 DAYS and COUNTING

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/15/06 11:21 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! not bobby!!!
i've been starting to like him the last season and a half...at first i thought he was a worthless character, but now i've developed a soft spot for him.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/17/06 04:16 AM

The baby Tony is holding in the beginning of the trailer is supposedly confirmed to be Bobby and Janice's.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/17/06 11:32 PM

Would a hit like that be in a public place?

Man, I can't wait. And, as much as I try to resist spoilers (I did amazing for the other seasons, until somebody posted a thread titled "TONY WHACKING HIS COUSIN"), this info is just too juicy to refuse. Keep it up Mista!

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/18/06 03:36 PM

Man, that does suck about that spoiler thread Capo. Glad you're enjoying the Season 6 info, though. We're getting pretty close, so we might be nearing the end of the info-leak, but I'm still scouring every Sopranos source I can find.

22 DAYS and COUNTING

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/18/06 11:09 PM

I was driving home the other day and on the way to my house I drove past Satriales Pork store (or however you say it) that is on the show. HBO owns the building in Kearny and it is closed all year unless the Sopranos is filming. Anyway, I was driving by and they were shooting a scene and the traffic was at a stand still but I did not mind because I only live about a mile away. I saw a cop and asked if they were shooting an episode of the Sopranos and he said yes. I asked what the scene was and he said that they would not tell the cops. He said that they always let the cops on duty watch some of the filming but not this time. He said that they didnt even tell him who was in the scene! They rushed the actors in and that was that. He said something BIG must happen this year inside the pork store.

ds

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/19/06 03:09 PM

The assasin looks too short to be eugene.

i am pretty sure thats bobby though. It's good to see his character getting some proper story lines. No doubt Janice will be involved in it somehow.

"no matter what happens, we gotta be taken care of!"

this is the most intriguing bit of that video i think. i really wanna know who they are talking to. It could be something totally innocent...a small quibble over money...or it could be a HUGE coup d'etat with patsy and paulie pledging alegiance elsewhere. hmmm but to who?!

I have a theory.

Towards the end of season 5 Silvio wasnt on the best of terms with Tony. The video shows Silvi and his wife posing in front of a mirror in a very imperial manner. I think Silvio, fed up with Tony's egotism and favouritism towards Chrissie, finally breaks and makes a play for the top spot. He then tries to gather support from paulie and patsy. Back to the video...Chrissie is heard saying "i pledged my loyalty to you!" as if it is past tense...said loyalty is no longer there. Chrissie, i think, will betray Tony also.

anyway...i am giddy with excitement.

Any Americans on here willing to record the episodes and email them to me?!

I can't possibly wait for it to hit Uk TV screens...i will find out from here what happens anyway.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/20/06 02:32 PM

I read somewhere that Furio will return this season!

ds
Posted By: fathersson

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/21/06 12:11 AM

Quote:

The video shows Silvi and his wife posing in front of a mirror in a very imperial manner.
I think you see them getting ready for a wedding. It may be their own family or maybe it is the engagment/wedding party for Meadow.
Posted By: fathersson

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/21/06 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
I read somewhere that Furio will return this season!

ds
I think this is only some reporter talking out of the side of his mouth. Shooting in the dark.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/21/06 12:24 AM

i can see furio coming back in the last few episodes and have a part to play in tony's future. whether it be positive or negative. but this isn't the place to discuse what ifs.

mistamista when will they start shooting the last batch of episodes?

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/21/06 04:34 AM

Mr. S., i'm not completely sure.

I thought I had read somewhere (looked for this but couldn't find it again) that they are currently filming episode 10 of the new season. By this rationale, I would guess we can assume they will begin filming the final 8 somewhere around October 2006.

And to reference the Furio rumors, I have heard hearsay and wishes for his return here and there, but nothing i'd consider true.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/22/06 02:43 AM

New AJ pic

Also, I just read a rumor that Patsy will supposedly turn rat somewhere in the first half of the season, nothing official to back that up though.
Posted By: Morello

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/22/06 05:10 AM

One thing i haven't seen mentioned in here, and what I'm becoming very curious about, is what's gonna happen with Raymond Curto-another rat. Is he gonna get clipped, or will he get away and into the program? Whack him!

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/22/06 06:54 AM

You're right Morello, despite that being one of the biggest unresolved storylines still lingering, there hasn't been a single mention of it in any of the spoilers I've read, and we haven't seen Curto in any of the preview clips HBO has released. The only glimpse of him I've seen is in this photo, to the left.

Either David Chase is purposely playing down Curto's role so the viewers will be surprised when he finally becomes important, or his storyline will be quietly finished somehow and all of the hype will be for nothing. It'll definitely be interesting to see.

19 DAYS and COUNTING

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/22/06 08:02 PM

Just a reminder...

Short documentary, presumably about 15 minutes. Airs a week from today.
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/23/06 07:00 AM

I think that Curto's character is a unique one. I suspect that he will be the only rat to fall through the cracks of the plot. I wouldnt be surprised if nothing important happens with him.

However... I have been thinking about other things pertaining to season 5. the eppisode "Test Dream" in particular caught my attention. Did anybody realize that in the first car ride of the dream, the only passenger in the car that Tony didnt have killed was Artie? I wonder if this means anything for his fate in season 6. Also... (And im sure somebody must of mentioned this already) Tony dreams about his varsity coach and even says later that he is sort of a coach himself. And earlier in the season, Tony B jokingly tells Tony "Put me in coach!" Like I said, Im sure this has been discovered already. Im really just thinking out loud.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/23/06 03:02 PM

i hope that curto gets clipped like a real rat should

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/23/06 04:46 PM

I personally think it will be a pretty unremarkable hit. Just another run of the mill killing. Much like Altieri in Season One or Jack Maserone in Season 5. I can't see it making massive waves in the plot. Curto is a pretty minor character.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/23/06 06:31 PM

Quote:
Curto is a pretty minor character.
But certainly one with major information with the potential to bring the whole Family down, no? He is a capo, after all, and would, I assume, have much more juice than what Adriana had to offer the Feds.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/24/06 04:08 AM

Definitely. Its interesting to think whether Chase has a master plan for his character or not. He may have just set him up as a rat just to have one just in case they ever needed to write that into the story. I would kind like his character to become important, but he's just been in the show so little, and judging by the preview, that doesn't look like its about to change.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/24/06 05:04 AM

Is it just me, or does the ammount of rats that the show has had over the years seem to be unrealistically high?

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/24/06 05:23 AM

Hhhmmm. I'd like to consider this.

I'll consider "rats" to be anyone giving information to the authorities concerning organized crime, whether they themselves are members or not.

- Ray Curto (Season 3? - S.6)
- Adrianna La Cerva (S.3? - S.5)
- Jimmy Altieri (S.1)
- Sal Bonpensiero (S.1 - S.2)
- Jack Massarone (S.5)
- Febby Petrulio (Pre S.1)

Am I forgetting any?

I would personally say that the show is not unrealistic in its amount of rats. From 1999 - 2004, when we have been watching Tony and the Soprano family, they have only been 2 really major rats (Big Pussy and Jimmy) two ones which nothing really came of (Adrianna, Jack Massarone), one which occurred before the show started (Petrulio) and one which we have yet to see what will happen (Curto).

I'd say thats about realistic. The unrealistic thing is the fact that all of them have been killed so far, besides Curto. Most rats seem to go undetected. Petrulio was able to put away his cohorts, but ultimately paid the price as well.

Edit: I forgot about Jimmy Petrille, at the very end of last season. He wasn't ratting on the Sopranos, but he was a rat nonetheless.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/24/06 06:08 AM

Also, it was mentioned that Patsy might turn rat this season. Idk, I still feel that there has been quite a bit of them.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/24/06 01:44 PM

Are you thinking of someone specific I'm forgetting?

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/24/06 09:50 PM

I agree with mista on the show portraying rats very realistically. i mean there isn't an overaboundance of rats...and in real life i'm sure there are just as many or not more rats walking the streets of new york right now.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/25/06 04:21 AM

i hate rats!!!!!!!!!

sammy bull

mad:

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/27/06 03:45 AM

New York Times Article Today

The New York Times -- By BILL CARTER -- February 26, 2006

HIGH on the wall of the otherwise-nondescript conference room inside the production offices of "The Sopranos" hangs a small, framed photograph of a man with his face half shadowed by a fedora.

Ambling by in his lumbering gait, slowed by a slight limp from a recent leg injury, James Gandolfini stopped to take a look at the photo. "Who's that?" he asked.

"Fellini," said David Chase.

Federico Fellini might seem an odd choice to oversee the room where an American television series is planned, but why not? Has there ever been one that was richer, more dense with the complexities of family life — in all its connotations — and yes, more atmospherically Italian (Italian-American in this case) than "The Sopranos"? "It's all a big discovery process," said Mr. Chase, the creator and executive producer of the series, summing up how it has all unfolded. "Actually, I think Fellini said making a movie is like a voyage."

The voyage of "The Sopranos" has been among the most celebrated in television history. The series, the most popular ever on cable television, is a force to be reckoned with across the whole landscape of the medium, and even the larger culture. No two people have been more instrumental in guiding that voyage than Mr. Chase, whose hand has been on every episode in the show's seven-year run, and Mr. Gandolfini, a three-time Emmy winner for best actor, who has brought Mr. Chase's central character, Tony Soprano, to vivid, visceral life.

In a joint interview at Silvercup Studios in Queens, where the interiors for "The Sopranos" are shot, the two men considered the fascinating, volatile, deeply conflicted man they have jointly created. Mr. Gandolfini, as laconic in person as he is mercurial in the show, replied, "I hate to say this, but it's a bit of a blur at this point."

Mr. Chase threw in, "You know, what's interesting is, being your own self is kind of a blur."

One thing both men now know for sure is that the voyage of "The Sopranos" is coming to an end. After several years of speculation, Mr. Chase and the executives of HBO came to an agreement that the latest season of 12 episodes, which starts up on March 12, would be the show's last — and then they renegotiated again and added a mini-season of eight more episodes that will be shot in the coming months and played starting next January.

Mr. Gandolfini called the additional episodes "a reprieve," allowing him to delay for a bit having to think about what the end of the show will mean for him.

Mr. Chase conceded that he has known generally how he will end the series "for a couple of years now."

Mr. Gandolfini said: "He told me one thing. But I think it's different now."

Though they did not appear to be especially close, and even sat at the conference-room table several chairs apart, the two men clearly have an ease with each other, joking easily back and forth about moments from the past seven years of joint creative effort. The work has always been a collaboration, though not the kind you often hear of in television, where a star begins dictating plotlines and character points. Mr. Gandolfini is not that kind of actor — and Mr. Chase is not that kind of producer. "Some actors suggest things and they don't even know why they're suggesting it," Mr. Gandolfini said. "If I started imposing my own ideas, that would be complete pandemonium."

Mr. Chase, despite a preference for film and a personal antipathy toward television — in an earlier interview he confessed, "I just resented every moment I spent in television" — worked most of his pre-"Sopranos" career on network series, and so he spoke from long experience when he made the point: "Actors will say, 'My character wouldn't say that.' Who said it was your character?" As Mr. Gandolfini laughed, Mr. Chase added, "By the way, Jim has never said that."

Mr. Gandolfini has, however, made significant contributions — in particular, Mr. Chase noted, a sense of the emotional depth behind Tony's physical menace, conveying so much just with his eyes.

Mr. Gandolfini was quick to mention the other cast members, including Edie Falco and Michael Imperioli, saying, "They all convey that depth — that's why the whole thing has more than just a surface quality."

But as Mr. Chase said, the show "has been engineered" around Tony's point of view. Nothing illustrated that more, and more helped differentiate the series from any previous gangster saga, he said, than the scenes between Tony and his therapist, Dr. Melfi (played by Lorraine Bracco.) "They opened up this whole feminine side of Tony," Mr. Chase said. "The thing with his mother, and the thing with the shrink. It had all been about men before. Here he had this other aspect to him."

Mr. Gandolfini labeled his scenes with Dr. Melfi "a Greek chorus." He said: "You go to the therapist and he explains what is happening to him. And you see how it is affecting him. I'm not sure without that the show would have been successful."

Mr. Gandolfini and his imposing physical presence influenced Mr. Chase's understanding of the character from the very first days of filming. Mr. Chase recalled that in the pilot script, originally written in the late 1990's for the Fox network (one of the great misses in TV history), he had conceived a scene where Tony's nephew, Christopher, reveals that he is thinking of selling his story to Hollywood. In the script, Tony responded by cuffing Christopher behind the ear.

After HBO finally agreed to shoot the script, that moment remained in the pilot. When they got to the scene, Mr. Chase, who was directing, called "Action," and instead of that affectionate little cuff, he remembered: "Jim picks the guy up and just throws him. I can still see Michael Imperioli. He was just sitting there with a beer bottle in his hand and the next thing I know there's like this blur of movement and the beer bottle is rolling along the ground and Michael is up off his feet." Mr. Chase laughed, remembering the impression Mr. Gandolfini's move left on him. "Of course, this is how you lead people," he said.

That one gesture changed the show. "He was always going to be a tough, hard person for most people to love," Mr. Chase said. "But that is what a gangster is. "

Mr. Gandolfini doesn't take much credit for the insight. "It was just logical," he said. "I was younger," he said, "and even more volatile at the time."

Another transformative moment came when Fox passed. "In retrospect," said Mr. Chase, "the reason I think the show never went at Fox is that there was no murder in it." At least none committed by Tony. "And I realized afterwards: who wants to see a mob show where no one gets killed?"

Of course Tony did get around to killing people. In one of the series's most famous episodes, the fourth after the pilot, he breaks away from taking his daughter, Meadow, on a tour of elite colleges in Maine to garrote a former mobster turned informer. When he saw that episode, Chris Albrecht, the top HBO executive, was appalled. "Chris said, you've invented one of the best leading characters in television in 20 years and you're going to destroy him," Mr. Chase said. "I said, at this point: 'That guy is a squealer. Tony is a Mob boss. If he doesn't kill him, you've lost more of the audience than you're going to lose if he does.' "

It was also about that time that the show got an unexpected endorsement. Mr. Chase said the show has, on occasion, "indirectly heard" from real-life mobsters. "After about four episodes," Mr. Chase said, "we heard, 'You're O.K.' With one caveat: 'We got word about those barbecue scenes where Jim would wear shorts. A don does not wear shorts.' "

"Of course he walks around in his underwear all the time," Mr. Gandolfini said.

Another plot point that Mr. Chase conceded might not stand up to such fact-checking was Tony's decision after Season 1 to allow his Uncle Junior, played by Dominic Chianese, to live after Junior tried to have Tony killed. Mr. Chase said he loved the scenes between the two characters too much to take that step. But Mr. Gandolfini found it completely understandable. "I think there's a place Tony knows that if he goes to, he's not coming back, and that's the place," Mr. Gandolfini said. "If you start killing family members, what's next?"

Tony did eventually kill one family member, his cousin, but only to spare him from a worse fate at the hands of enemies. In that and other ways, Tony has diverged from gangster conventions. He is clearly more curious about the world. At the very least, he spends more time watching the History Channel.

But another significant factor in the development — or perception — of Tony's character has been its unusually slow roll-out. Between each of the "Sopranos" seasons, cast and crew have gone on long breaks, something no hit series has ever experienced before. The current break — new episodes haven't been on the air since June 2004 — has been the longest. "Honestly, the last break affected me detrimentally," Mr. Gandolfini admitted. "It was long. I think your brain starts to eke out other places. I don't think I was horribly affected — I hope not. But it was long."

Looking back, both he and Mr. Chase confessed to being somewhat amazed at having wrought a work so memorable, so indelible. "I remember sitting around during that barbecue scene," Mr. Gandolfini said, recalling the skepticism that prevailed at that time, "looking around at everyone and thinking: this is a collection that has never been assembled on a TV show before. Look at this group. I was thinking: all right, maybe a few people in Jersey will watch this."

Mr. Chase — who, like Mr. Gandolfini, is from an Italian, New Jersey background — said: "It was strange. I remember thinking I had been to those barbecues in North Caldwell, eating that sausage, when I was 17. And I'm here again, but we're making all of this up? How the heck did this ever happen? I had the same feeling as Jim: who are all these people? They were certainly not Hollywood people; they were real people."

Though much work remains on the final season, Mr. Gandolfini and Mr. Chase acknowledged that they have considered what it will mean finally to move on. Mr. Chase said he believed he would "three-quarters miss doing it, one-quarter not." Mr. Gandolfini, having earlier said "half and half," decided Mr. Chase's equation sounded about right.

Asked if he was concerned about having to shift into something new after having played such an iconic character, he all but snickered. "Not at all," he said. "Ask the crew if they think I'm an iconic character." Then he went out of his way to praise them: "They are not like some movie crew. They are really involved. They make a real contribution." Many have been there from the beginning. The end of the series will be a big change for them, too.

So how will "The Sopranos" draw to a close? Mr. Chase was revealing nothing, of course, other than reasserting that "this is the absolute end." But, he added: "I could not promise that we would not come back and do a movie. It may be that in two or three or four years I could be sitting around and get an idea for a really great 'Sopranos' movie. I don't think that will happen. But if one morning somebody woke up and said this would make a really good, concise, contained 'Sopranos' story, I wouldn't rule that out."

Mr. Gandolfini has only tentative plans for his first post-"Sopranos" work. He is talking about starring in a film about the mid-life of Ernest Hemingway.

Mr. Chase said he has not yet formed a plan for future ventures. In the past he has chafed just slightly under the demands of producing more episodes under such intense scrutiny, including protests from an Italian-American group, caviling from some fans with ever more demanding expectations.

Now all that is behind him, overwhelmed by the excellence of what he, Mr. Gandofini, and the others involved with the show have put on film since 1999. For Mr. Chase, the looming end of what, by any standard, is a classic, career-defining achievement, seems to have finally dispersed the ambivalence he always held about expressing himself on television, an art form, which, as he put it, "I was always trying to get out of." Now he will always be known as the creator of one of television's greatest series, and he seems fully appreciative of that recognition.

"I do think that I've been a part of something extraordinary here," Mr. Chase said. "It's been an amazing ride. This is not being coy. We really work hard here. I'm not going to say that we don't. But you have to believe at some level in luck. We still try to do work that pleases us. But, you know, a lot of things happened. For some reason there was a zeitgeist going on, where this thing connected to whatever was out there. Who knows why that happens? "

Also

NASCAR driver Clint Bowyer, third from right, poses with the cast of television series 'The Sopranos' and the 'Sopranos' car that he'll race in the UAW-Daimler Chrysler 400 in Las Vegas, during a news conference outside SilverCup Studios, where the 'The Sopranos' films, in Queens, New York, Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2006. Left to right: Frank Vincent, Joe Gannascoli, Vincent Curatola, Bowyer, Steve Schirripa, and John Ventimiglia pose with the car. The race will be held on March 12, the same day as the season premiere of 'The Sopranos.' (AP Photo/Henny Ray Abrams)

Thanks to lbracco.com for those.

13 DAYS and COUNTING

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/27/06 08:00 AM

HBO aired a new, slightly different version of the trailer yesterday, with some scenes added.

The most interesting one was a scene of what looked like Silvio, Paulie, Chris, and someone else, standing around in suits, and Sil says "You got beefs? I'm the one you come to."

Perhaps this could be our first indication of Silvio's aspirations to be Boss.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/28/06 03:53 AM

Quote:
In case anyone hasnt heard, Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas will be making a cameo appearance in the new season. She will reportedly be playing a cop who has gone undercover as a stripper.
This has supposedly been confirmed as false, both by HBO and Fergie's reps, so I'd say its extremely unlikely at this point.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/28/06 07:44 AM

posted with the NY Times article

12 DAYS and COUNTING

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/28/06 07:48 AM

Quote:

I thought I had read somewhere (looked for this but couldn't find it again) that they are currently filming episode 10 of the new season. By this rationale, I would guess we can assume they will begin filming the final 8 somewhere around October 2006.
I read yesterday that the final 8 will begin filming in June, not October as I had guessed.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/28/06 04:39 PM

i am ridiculously excited.

it wont be on british tv for ages no doubt but that why the internet is so damn useful.

there are so many theories about this series. its literally the most intriguing tv series ever i would say.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 02/28/06 07:34 PM

Quote:
it wont be on british tv for ages no doubt but that why the internet is so damn useful.
I feel really bad for you. When do you expect to be able to see it?

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/01/06 04:01 AM

There is a Sopranos crew in Paris right now filming scenes for the final 8 episodes. The storyline is that Carmella and Rosalie Aprile take a vacation to France.

And the new TV Guide has some interesting tidbits...

David Chase about Tony: "I don't think he needs to suffer a comeuppance. Tony's made his choice. And that's all I say."

Seems to say that Chase has a sort of non-resolving ending in store for Tony, where nothing really happens.

Steven Van Zandt about Silvio and Tony this season: "There's something interesting this year."

Tony Sirico on Paulie: "He has some problems to deal with he's never dealt with before, big stuff of a personal nature."

Also, there's a picture of Christopher on an airplane with Ben Kingsley, who is playing himself "in a plotline that has Christopher dabbling in the movie business again."

This whole West Coast thing with the hit attempt on Tony with a Ben Kingsley appearance is getting really interesting.

I can't find a picture of the new TV Guide cover. Its supposedly another Sopranos one.

11 DAYS and COUNTING

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/01/06 02:28 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Bada Bing Ben:
[b]it wont be on british tv for ages no doubt but that why the internet is so damn useful.
I feel really bad for you. When do you expect to be able to see it? [/b][/quote]Thanks to the wonderful internet probably only a day after you.

It wont be on British TV for probably another six months if not more.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/01/06 11:41 PM

how are you going to watch it a day after?

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/02/06 12:12 AM

By the way, Sopranos 15 minute preview airs at 8:45.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/02/06 02:20 PM

Well, here's what we've been waiting for...

According to imdb.com, Furio is set to make his first appearance in nearly 4 years in the first episode of the new season.

Also, HBO finally updated their site following last night's Season 6 preview, with updated bios and some new photos.

The computer I'm on is being difficult, so I can't post any at the moment. But you can shoot over to hbo.com and take a look for yourself.

10 DAYS and COUNTING

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/02/06 04:25 PM

I think that Frank Vincent is going to be out of control this season.

DS
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/02/06 04:41 PM

Quote:
Well, here's what we've been waiting for...

According to imdb.com, [b]Furio
is set to make his first appearance in nearly 4 years in the first episode of the new season.

[/b]
Is this from their site or message board? I know the message board is loaded with rumors, including that last season expanding to 13 episodes.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/02/06 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GottiMafia:
how are you going to watch it a day after?
come on mate...think about it.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/02/06 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
Is this from their site or message board?
From the site itself

link

Ive read and reread it and I'm prety sure I'm not misreading it or anything. Furio is listed with the current cast members, not the ones who were cast members.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/02/06 08:20 PM

I just read a rumor that Joe Pantoliano is also making an appearance in episode 3 of the new season, so perhaps the newly listed Furio appearance occurs in a dream? Has he ever been in a dream before though? Not that I remember. Whether he comes back in the flesh or just in someone's dream, his reappearance is still monumental.

And here's some of the photos I promised...

And a few I couldn't find bigger versions of. And yes, thats Meadow in the bottom left.

Along with a NY Daily News article...

The opening episodes in the long-awaited sixth season of "The Sopranos" won't surface at any point as public-service messages for gun control.

But they find creator David Chase in a frequently pensive mood, suggesting he may have used the 22 months since the end of season five to reflect and then expound on how Tony Soprano (James Gandolfini), his family and his friends got to where they are today.

There's enough classic "Sopranos" action — some of it involving extreme physical violence — to remind the average person that where the Sopranos are is not where most of us want to go.

Yet at the same time, these episodes repeatedly return to the ways in which the Soprano clan, in its desperate, sometimes twisted and sometimes touching way, seeks to embrace family values.

The relationship of Carmela Soprano (Edie Falco) with her son A.J. (Robert Iger) takes some edgy turns, for instance, though several developments also suggest A.J. may be starting to think he can be more than a sullen young punk.

"Family" for the Sopranos has always been an extended affair, of course, due to the nature of Tony's business, and the first episodes include a potential step-out moment for his long-time right-hand man, Silvio Dante (Steven Van Zandt).

Conversely, things are relatively quiet with Christopher (Michael Imperioli), until he meets up again with J.T. Dolan (Timothy Daly). J.T. is the writer with the gambling problem whom Christopher met at a Gamblers Anonymous session and subsequently found ways to abuse.

J.T. has just staggered back to his feet when he meets Christopher, with predictable results. Daly's return, one of several sprinkled through these new episodes, will still please longtime fans.

Paulie Walnuts (Tony Sirico) remains the most consistently funny character on the show, or maybe on series television. Chase's masterful touch with details is showcased in a scene where Paulie is cutting 55-cent discount coupons out of the newspaper while he's sitting a few feet from a bag with $500,000 in cash.

But Tony and Carmela are the glue that hold this dark American story together, as Chase acknowledges in an early scene when they're having sushi together and Carmela says that, all things considered, they're lucky.

Tony takes something off his plate and says, "Forty dollars for a piece of fish they just flew in first class. We're more than lucky."

It won't surprise anyone that such an assertion will not go unexplored, and here it leads to a more introspective stretch in the second (and to a lesser extent the third) episode.

Some "Sopranos" fans find these stretches less interesting, like hockey fans who get tired of all that hockey between the fights, but after all this time with these characters, Chase knows them so well he can explore them with an almost lyrical rhythm. He also knows exactly when to use the changeup. In one scene, Carmela is talking to Dr. Melfi (Lorraine Bracco) and admits she knew almost from the beginning what line of work Tony was in.

"On the second date," she says, "he brought my father a $200 power drill."

"Not your typical story of young love," deadpans Melfi, whose fans will be glad to know that her legs are again on prominent display.

So are the hopes and dreams of the extended Soprano family, right next to the deals and compromises that are always one door-knock away from putting them all to an end.

So I guess that bit of narration by Carmella that was in the trailer was to Melfi. That had been kind of unclear.

And more vague references to Silvio's ascension in the ranks somehow. Can't wait to find out what thats all about.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/02/06 08:32 PM

God i am excited.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/03/06 03:52 AM

Time magazine article...

If there is one question that defines The Sopranos, it is, "Why do good things happen to bad people?" As the HBO show returns from a nearly two-year hiatus (Sundays, 9 p.m. E.T., starting March 12), Tony Soprano (James Gandolfini) continues to live his charmed life. The mafia business is booming. He is a free man, escaping the Feds through one lucky turn after another, while his ally/rival, New York boss Johnny Sack (Vincent Curatola) is locked up. He's fat and happy—as happy as Tony gets, anyway—in the prime of his career, shoveling $40-a-piece sushi down his gullet at dinner with his often-cheated-upon but newly reconciled wife, Carmela (Edie Falco).

Of course, Tony is not so flush that he can't walk into an eyeglass store owned by a civilian connected to his business, impose on him for a huge favor, then pick out a pair of Armani shades and say, "You know what? I left my wallet in the car." For Tony, the money is not the point. The point is not having to pay.

Every time The Sopranos returns, the first thing many fans ask is, "Who gets whacked?" While I won't tell who sheds whose blood—save that there's a doozy in the first episode—suffice it to say that there's Mafia red sauce in the first four episodes to satisfy the most bloodthirsty.

But what makes The Sopranos a great, not just entertaining, show is that the most disturbing stories are about Tony's casual, selfish, bloodless cruelties. The ruin of another person is better than a slight inconvenience to him, and no matter how many promises he breaks or lives he destroys, he always believes himself more sinned against than sinning. He has toddled through the series like an overindulged two-year-old, protected from the consequences of his actions by perverse fate, and protected from their moral consequences by his power of rationalization. After he shafts a helpless civilian in a business deal by making a greedy and unnecessary demand, he gets righteously angry when the man squeaks that he's being unfair. "Talk to the Katrina victims about fair!" he yells.

How well Tony has done for himself in his ruthless unexamined life—and whether or how he might pay for it—is shaping up to be the theme of what creator David Chase says will be its last season. (HBO will run 12 episodes this spring; then the show returns for a promised final 8 in January.) Previous seasons have introduced new characters and rivals to the mix—Richie Aprile, Ralph Cifaretto, Tony Blundetto—but the four episodes of season 6 screened for critics focus tight on the existing circle of characters. (Though they do, in a twist I can't possibly spoil, find an ingenious, poignant way to turn a major character into an entirely different person.)

The show picks up with the characters somewhat over a year after we left them. Erstwhile hippie Janice (Aida Turturro) is settling into domestic life as a Mafia wife. Daughter Meadow (Jamie-Lynn DiScala) is still with boyfriend Finn (Will Janowitz) and looking ahead to life after college, while nihilist son A.J. (Robert Iler) is taking cellphone pictures of himself instead of studying in class. Carmela has settled into a melancholy peace with having chosen the good (but bad) life with Tony over being a poor-but-noble divorcee. Silvio (Steven Van Zandt) and Paulie Walnuts (Tony Sirico) are still the mafia princes of comic relief. ("It was f___in' mayham!" Paulie blusters after a holdup gone awry.) Uncle Junior (Dominic Chianese) is slipping deeper into senility, believing that he's being harassed by a long-dead enemy. ("We'll get J. Edgar Hoover right on it," says Tony.) Fans of psychiatrist Dr. Melfi (Lorraine Bracco) will be disappointed by her small early role, though she has key, dryly funny scenes with both Tony and Carm.

The first episode opens with an eerie reading, set to music, of a William S. Burroughs prose fragment about the Egyptian belief that we have seven souls: "Number six is Khaibit, the Shadow, Memory, your whole past conditioning from this and other lives." The shadows and memories of the dead hover close over the show, as the rubout fallout from the whackings of Adriana (Drea de Matteo) and Tony B. (Steve Buscemi) continues, not to mention Tony's continuing baggage inherited from his late mother Livia. There's a general sense, in this last season, of a deathbed taking-stock, even a few self-referential scenes in which the series' history flashes before our eyes. Silvio, for instance, reveals that he was once considered to take over the family instead of Tony, an allusion to the fact that Van Zandt was originally asked to read for the role of Tony.

The new episodes reprise the show's minor weaknesses as well as its major strengths. There's another inside-Hollywood detour about the movie ambitions of Christopher (Michael Imperioli). (Though it does deliver funny lines: Chris describes his screenplay idea as "Saw meets Godfather II.") And subplots involving fundamentalist Christians and a superstar rapper are tendentious and cardboard. (The latter recalls a season-one story about how hip-hop culture fetishes mafiosi.)

But overall, the episodes are as acute and thrilling as the past five seasons. Chase continues to resist the TV standards of closure and lessons learned. Instead of epiphany and reconciliation, he gives us self-deception and bitter, hilarious irony. More than once, Tony says out loud how fortunate he is. The realization is not nearly as profound as he thinks it is—it doesn't lead him to be any more humble or generous or less self-pitying than ever. But as a simple statement it is probably the most honest insight about himself he's ever had: "I'm the luckiest guy in the whole world." Maybe the scariest thing about The Sopranos is that you realize that he just may be right.

and some photos...

9 DAYS and COUNTING

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/03/06 10:51 PM

Here's some more images. I don't think they've been posted yet.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/04/06 12:52 AM

ok..who thinks that last pic of silvio et all and carmela and medow is in the hostpital!

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/04/06 04:40 AM

It seems you could be right.

Thanks for the pics Lou

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/05/06 06:19 PM

I didn't feel like going thru all the pages to see if this little article was posted, so forgive me if it has. However read at least the first sentence.

Television

The great thing about “The Sopranos” is that you can watch a season while you’re an eight-year-old, and then wait until you’re a grown adult with kids of your own and the next season airs, and it still holds up. For some reason, creator and executive producer David Chase likes to take long, long, long breaks between seasons. They had enough time between season five and the beginning of the first part of season six (don’t ask) to drag the Atlantic Ocean and find Big Pussy’s corpse. This set of 12 episodes will include guest appearances by Hal Holbrook, Ben Kingsley and Julianna Margulies, and will feature all of your favorite shady characters, including Tony, Paulie, Christopher (sadly, sans Adriana), Silvio and Uncle Junior as well as Carmela, Dr. Melfi, Meadow, A.J., Artie Bucco and Bobby Bacala. The real star of this show is the head makeup artist for making these actors look like they’ve only aged months rather than years. (HBO, Sunday, 9 p.m.)

TIS
Posted By: Associate

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/06/06 09:53 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by MistaMista Tom Hagen:
[b] In case anyone hasnt heard, Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas will be making a cameo appearance in the new season. She will reportedly be playing a cop who has gone undercover as a stripper.
This has supposedly been confirmed as false, both by HBO and Fergie's reps, so I'd say its extremely unlikely at this point. [/b][/quote]Thank God.

I've always been so p*ssed off at the fact that British television plugs rubbish series of rubbish programmes all the time; if they dumped all these tormenting series, they could make room for The Sopranos quicker; and we'd watch it a little earlier.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/08/06 09:35 AM

There's kind of been a recent flood in new info, so I haven't had time to post much, but I figured I'd throw this up here.

More episode descriptions from TV Guide:

April 2 - 604: "The Fleshy Part of the Thigh"

Tony and Johnny Sack haggle over Barone Sanitation's future; Paulie is rocked by an aunt's revelation.

April 9 - 605: "Mr. & Mrs. John Sacrimoni Request"

Johnny files a petition to attend his daughter's wedding; Tony hires a new bodyguard.

April 17 - 606: "Live Free or Die"

Tony Debates whether to give a top earner a second chance and looks abroad to settle a local dispute,

April 23 - 607 "Luxury Lounge"

Artie's business is jeopardized by a rival restaurant and staff scandal; Christopher and Little Carmine pursue a new venture out of town.

April 30 - 608 "Johnny Cakes"

Tony is tempted by a real-estate offer; Vito is wowed by an act of heroism; AJ looks to "diversify"

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/08/06 09:37 AM

Also, according to the Orlando Sentinel, Eugene Pontervo is the one who wants out of the business in the first episode.

And rumor is that the final scene of the first episode is Tony making dinner for Junior, which seems to rule out the theory that he gets shot.

4 DAYS and COUNTING

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/08/06 04:33 PM

Starting it off
with a big bang!

Get ready to be taken for a ride.
'The Sopranos' is back, and it's
better than ever — Bada Bing!

By RICHARD HUFF
DAILY NEWS TV EDITOR

There's plenty more agita ahead for Tony Soprano (James Gandolfini), the fiery head of two New Jersey families.
Tony's blood relatives set his blood boiling.
Janice reproduces — and it's not pretty.
Adrianna, who is now fish food, returns to haunt Carmela.
Anthony Jr. could be outfitted for a pinkie ring.
They made us wait 21 damn months — 21 — but the wait was worth it.

Sunday night, "The Sopranos" returns to HBO's prime-time lineup, and every last one of those lovable and equally hateable mobsters — plus a few others — are back with an earth-shattering, life-changing vengeance.

Everything you missed about TV's greatest drama is there, from the always-shocking — but this time downright stunning — gunfire to the buckets of blood to the continually fraying relationships, all of which make us want more of Tony Soprano and his dysfunctional families — both of them.

It's kind of like "The Sopranos" are our old mob buddies who got sent up the river for nearly two years and are now back on the streets. And, of course, that means they're also back to their wicked ways. The difference this time around? In the sixth season, these guys are loaded with as much tension as too-tight piano wire.

"I think kind of disquieted, sort of rattled, not feeling like things are going well" is the way David Chase described the coming season to reporters in January.

He might have been underplaying that a bit.

You want action? How's this?

There's a major shooting early in the run of the new episodes. A shooting — on "The Sopranos"? Okay, on its face that isn't news, but it will be when you find out how it happens and who the victim is. Let's just say that, in this crooked world, no one is safe. The moment is so shocking, in fact, that it could blow folks out of their seats.

Not enough action for you?

Janice Soprano and her husband, Bobby Baccalieri, will have a baby girl. The flaky and fiery Janice (Aida Turturro) is probably the least-qualified mother in TV history.

Elsewhere, the Soprano kids are growing up — and, as all kids do, growing less appreciative of their family. One major incident, however, nearly makes A.J. take up his father's business, or at least a part of it, which should cause some major headaches down the road.

Now that Carmela let Tony back in the house, she worries more about the family — both of them. She seems particularly curious about Adrianna, who was last seen eating leaves in upstate New York and, presumably, taking a bullet. Chase and his team are at their best when creating gut-tightening stress, such as when Carmela wonders aloud about Adrianna to Tony.

Outside of the Soprano homestead, Johnny (Sack) Sacramoni is trying to get out of jail, having been tackled in a snow bank in the last season. Phil Leotardo takes over while Johnny's wearing an orange jumpsuit, but he doesn't play the game quite the way Sack did, causing even more agita for Tony — as if he didn't have enough problems on his very full plate.

Among them are the feds, who are also still trying to nail Tony and his associates.

"The Sopranos" has always skillfully weaved in great guest stars, and this season is no exception. You will see Julianna Margulies playing a real estate agent and Hal Holbrook as a scientist who used to work for Bell Labs. Ben Kingsley plays himself. Elizabeth Bracco, Lorraine Bracco's sister, also plays a mob wife down the road.

But that's all later.

Before the first few hours are done, viewers will spend time in familiar and unfamiliar places — hospitals, the Satriale Pork Store and everyone's favorite strip club, the Bada Bing. And they'll take a trip out of town, with Tony, sort of.

No matter where the action is happening, though, they'll know that the gun is cocked, a finger is on the trigger and, at any moment, any one of the family could be playing cards with Adrianna in heaven.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/12/06 11:51 PM

Almost time!!!!!!!

ds
Posted By: Meggie

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/12/06 11:57 PM

Soprano's party at my house...at 8pm!!!! I'v been cooking all day! Shrimp alfredo, Spagehtti and Meatballs, My friends are making lasagne and Chicken Caccatore...So excited!!!!

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/13/06 12:14 AM

It's been a lot of fun discussing and looking forward to the show with all of you. Thanks for feeding the obsession.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/13/06 12:59 AM

I'm actually listening to a Soprano's 'pre-game' show on 77-WABC. Mark Simone (subbing for Brian Whittman) is doing interviews and taking calls to discuss the show, the characters, the actors, this season and even Carmela's Cookbook!!

As a non-fan in and HBO-less household, I'm actually finding all this hype rather interesting. One thing's for sure...if invited, I would've shown up at Meggie's place just for the food!!

Apple
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/13/06 10:01 PM

Quote:
And rumor is that the final scene of the first episode is Tony making dinner for Junior, which seems to rule out the theory that he gets shot.
***SPOILER WARNING***

Wrong! :p

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/15/06 08:20 PM

I was just reading an article on Season 6. It contains some major spoilers. Although not too specific, all I can say is
"WOW". If you want to read it, check the link below. Note that this is a daily news type site. The articles might change daily.

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/15/06 09:07 PM

JL,

Thanks so much for the "Spoiler" warning. I am so curious, but refuse to look. :p

I'm happy to know it sounds like it'll be good.

TIS

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/16/06 01:13 AM

Despite the fact that I used to scour the net for hours on end looking for Season 6 spoilers a few months back, I'm strictly avoiding them at this point. Considering I'll only have to wait 7 days at a time now for a new episode, I don't really see the point in ruining it for myself.

Glad they sound good though, Lou.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/16/06 01:51 AM

I really don't think it would ruin it for anyone, but don't read it if you want to be totally surprised. It gives some general information without specifics, and a couple of wild
speculations on who and what it may or may not involve.
Posted By: aoxonoma

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/27/06 04:47 AM

so I came home tonight and decided to watch the blacksheep season...

watching the opening episode of Season 4 (For All Debts Public and Private http://www.tv.com/sopranos/for-all-debts-public-and-private/episode/183957/summa ry.html ) and when Christopher kills the cop that killed his father, the TV is playing a cop show...

the cop on the show (mind you, all of this is playing in the background) arrested someone and names himself "Finnerty" (all this while Chris is going through the cops pockets....)

it occures at 44:42 on the DVD

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/27/06 04:50 AM

Nice find!

Not that it means anything, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Posted By: aoxonoma

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 03/27/06 05:18 AM

(a) "Where did the name Finnerty come from,
and what does it mean?"
Our understanding is this:
The Celtic version of the name "Finnerty" is "Ó Fionnachta";

"Ó Fionnachta" in Celtic means: grandchild (or later descendant) of "Fionnachta";

"Fionnachta" is a composite of two Celtic words: "Fionn" and "Sneachta";

"Fionn" in Celtic means "fair" - as in shade of white, and "Sneachta" means snow;

As a consequence of the above, it seems the original Celtic person known as "Fionn-Sneachta" (i.e. "fair snow" literally - but meaning "snow-white"), was a man or a woman with snow white hair, or snow white skin: or possibly both. Incidentally, and for reasons unknown to us, it seems people of such appearance were greatly revered by the ancient Celts. Similarly for people with snow-white skin and red hair; and Queen Meave of Connacht - who the ancient Celts believed was a goddess (and not a human being), is thought to be one such person.

It may be relevant to include here that the late W.T. Finnerty had a nephew (also called William, and middle son of his brother Patrick) born during the 1940's in the New Inn area of County Galway, who actually did have snow white hair; and who (as a child and in his early teens) had a nickname which strongly reflected its unusual colour: tangible genetic evidence perhaps of a direct link between himself and the original "fionn sneachta" ancestor from many dozens of generations earlier?

There is a very similar Celtic word to "Fionnachta" (which can be seen in modern Irish Language dictionaries) spelled: "Fionnachtaí"; and the English meanings given are "discoverer" or "inventor". Whether or not there is any substantial relationship between the origins of these two words, we do not know at present.

Saint Kevin (c. 498 - 618) is a Christian saint who was the Abbot of Glendalough in County Wicklow, Ireland. "Kevin" is the English-language spelling of the Irish name Caoimhín (Coemgen in Old Irish, latinized as Coemgenus).

His legend is particularly untrustworthy, as very little contemporaneous material exists. It maintains that he was descended from a royal line, given the name Coemgen, which means "fair-begotten", and educated by Petrock during that saint's sojourn in Ireland. He was at Disert-Coemgen for a time and later established a church for his own community at Glendalough. This monastery was to become the parent of several others. Eventually, Glendalough, with its seven churches, became one of the chief pilgrimage destinations in Ireland. His legend says that he lived to the age of 120.

Kevin also means gentle and lovable from a Gaelic origin.

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 04/01/06 03:27 PM

right..a hunch.

based on the first 3 episodes and watching the series 6 extended trailer.

AJ will kill Junior at a nursing home...perhaps Green Grove.

Chris will flip.

thats all.
Posted By: TheSicilian123

Re: The Sopranos: Season 6 Official Thread - 04/01/06 03:44 PM

Chris flipping? I doubt it. He had his love of his life killed because she flipped.

but having AJ kill Junior would be very interresting. But lets think about this. The Sopranos have always come to suprise up so I might be wrong about the Chris thing and AJ might not kill Junior. Who knows
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET