Home

Why Johnny

Posted By: TSoprano

Why Johnny - 08/25/05 12:14 AM

Why was Johnny Sac planning on killing Tony in the final episode of season 5. Johnny asks him to come in the city at night and they'll talk, Tony then declares he was an iq of 158 and Johnny acknowledges? After all they've been through Johnny was really going to kill Tony only because Phil Leotardo didn't get the opportunity to torture Tony Blundetto? Is that proper justification for killing Tony? I don't think so, it doesn't even really seem like Johnny to do that, just suprising I guess.
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: Why Johnny - 08/25/05 03:15 AM

I think Johnny Sack is an idiot to begin with. In no way would I feel safe under his conduction.

Re: Why Johnny - 08/25/05 04:08 AM

I kinda like him, most of his decisions I can see and agree with, but he always had a liking for Tony, even sided with him, most of the time other than in "the weight" which is why Im so suprised he wanted to kill him only cause Tony wouldn't allow Phil to torture Tony Blundetto.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Why Johnny - 08/25/05 12:56 PM

God, I can't wait to buy Season 5 and watch it again. I'm 18 in October, so that's on the top of my list.

Johnny and Tony never really hit it off again over the Ralphie joke. Both have let their personal needs blind them and their situations. Neither have really given NJ-NY situations/showdowns much thought.

I hate Johnny; he's a snake.

Mick
Posted By: Michele Corleone

Re: Why Johnny - 08/25/05 06:34 PM

Johnny is a snake but he is also a very interesting character. Note how he tries to manipulate everybody, especially Tony, by pretending that he is angry over some minor matter (e.g. the joke about Ginny's weight, Christopher talking too much on the sitdown, Tony not handing Tony B. to Phil Leotardo but shooting him himself) so as to put everybody in his debt. When he gets what he wants, he plays it cool and says that he always wanted the peaceful solution.

Despite all these, he cannot run fast enough in the snow. Let's wait and see if Johnny will use his skills to stay out of jail.

Re: Why Johnny - 08/25/05 07:26 PM

I like that response Michele Corleone. Makes a lot of sense, he disapproved cause he wanted Tony in his debt. in a way it started working quickly also because Tony offered him points in the Bloomfield operation which Tony B was running. I guess that was a good enough reason to disapprove, but then was he still really trying to kill Tony? Why would he then want him in his debt so much.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Why Johnny - 08/25/05 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Michele Corleone:
Despite all these, he cannot run fast enough in the snow.
He certainly can't, no. And yes, he's a very interesting character, which made the tension of season four and five so real (and the endings of each, a cop-out, perhaps).

Mick
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Why Johnny - 08/26/05 04:15 AM

I never took that scene as Johnny intended to kill Tony. I think he genuinely wanted to meet with Tony. If he really wanted to kill him, he would have made sure Jenny was gone for the day and whacked him at his house.

Re: Why Johnny - 08/28/05 11:22 PM

Ok, then what was the comment about Tony's high IQ??? Are you saying Tony didn't say that cause he realized he was going to be killed?
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Why Johnny - 08/29/05 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TSoprano:
Ok, then what was the comment about Tony's high IQ??? Are you saying Tony didn't say that cause he realized he was going to be killed?
Tony realized he could be easily killed in the city. He mentioned his IQ because he wasn't that stupid to meet Johnny in the city. Johnny then asked him over his house, and Tony agreed. If Johnny was planning on killing Tony the whole time, he could have still easily killed him at his house.

Re: Why Johnny - 08/29/05 12:30 PM

Good call Lou, maybe it was just a precautionary move not going to the city, though Johnny may not have really been planning anything.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Why Johnny - 09/04/05 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:

Johnny and Tony never really hit it off again over the Ralphie joke. Both have let their personal needs blind them and their situations. Neither have really given NJ-NY situations/showdowns much thought.

I hate Johnny; he's a snake.

Mick
You hit the nail right on the head. Deep down Johnny never got over the fact that nothing ever happened to Ralphie for telling that joke about Ginny Sac. And Ralphie was one of Tony's guys.

Johhny is a snake, but a great character.

Don Cardi
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Why Johnny - 09/12/05 09:16 PM

I like the episode where Johnny is brooding over the Ginny "mole" joke & he beats that kid up outside the bar & pisses all over him!
Call me sick but i found that bit hilarious...
Posted By: Willy

Re: Why Johnny - 11/06/05 05:50 PM

I don't think J. Sack ever intended killing Tony. Its just safer to meet one on one and on neutral ground(in Sack's house that is Jersey, so in Tony's turf).

Sack is a very sneaky guy he plays Tony and uses him for his own benefit. Like the hit on Carmine sr. in season4. that could have caused a lot of problems for Tony and his family. Sack acts like he wll pick up the pieces but i doubt he would defend Tony if that ever got out.

But he also has his weaknesses like his ego, if he was smart he wouldnt have mentioned the joke Ralph made, but just made sure Ralph payed for it later. Being a New York underboss and Carmine's number 2 man (with his consiglieri in jail)it shouldnt be very hard to make it look like Ralph was stealing Carmine(which he probably was)and get him killed. Or blame Ralph for something else.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET