Home

Ray Liotta

Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Ray Liotta - 08/19/05 08:33 AM

I remember hearing a few seasons back that Ray Liotta was apparently in talks to join the cast. I'm not really aware how far along these talks ever went, and not sure why they fell through if they did, but it just made me wonder.

If Liotta had been casted, supposedly in Joe Pantoliano's role, Ralph Cifaretto, then it raises a few questions....

1. Who do you think would've played a better Ralph, Liotta or Pantoliano?

2. How would Liotta have played him differenlty and for better or for worse?

3. Would the character have been killed off had that big of a star been in the role?

Just something to muse over....
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Ray Liotta - 08/19/05 12:41 PM

Well they've killed bigger stars before. I don't think Liotta would have been exempt.

I'd love Liotta to join the show. I must have read a similar rumour to you. Apparantly he turned it down to avoid being typecast as a gangster and instead went on to Narc and so on.

I don't know, I can imagine him in a Ralphie type role and he'd do it superb but I wouldn't know about better or worse. It'd be different. Pantoliano was awesome as Ralph and by the time he grew on me he gets killed.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Ray Liotta - 08/19/05 06:14 PM

I'm sure they could squeeze Liotta in there somewhere if he wanted to do it...which like Turi said he probably does'nt want to!
They had Buscemi last series after all.
Posted By: Meggie

Re: Ray Liotta - 08/19/05 10:21 PM

My boyfriend and I were having a debate on Ray Liotta..I heard somewhere he was adopted as a child, is this true? Is he really Italian? I feel he is such an unrecognized actor.
Posted By: Researcher

Re: Ray Liotta - 08/20/05 12:35 AM

I think having him in would be too blatant a reference to Goodfellas. Whilst The Sopranos cast is very rich in Goodfellas actors, it would be pushing things too far to add in any more, at least major ones. It could destroy the sense of reality of the Sopranos to simply stock itself up with too many stars.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET