Home

Scene from Season 5: Sentimental Education

Posted By: Neri

Scene from Season 5: Sentimental Education - 06/11/05 09:21 PM

Carmela getting one of Tony's guns to put under his pillow after her night with Mr. Wegler means that she misses Tony right? Even though he is gone now, that gun symbolizes his presence?

There is a commentary track for this episode, but they didnt mention anything about this.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Scene from Season 5: Sentimental Education - 06/12/05 12:58 AM

I figured it was something like that. She misses Tony, but refuses to admit it to herself.
Posted By: SC

Re: Scene from Season 5: Sentimental Education - 06/12/05 01:30 AM

Did you ever consider that Carmela was scared shitless of what Tony would do if he ever found out about her affair? I think THAT'S why she hid the gun under her pillow.

Re: Scene from Season 5: Sentimental Education - 06/12/05 09:34 PM

The way she looked at that picture of Tony and the fact that she put the gun under HIS pillow made me think fear wasnt the issue at hand here.
Posted By: Raymondo Corleone

Re: Scene from Season 5: Sentimental Education - 06/20/05 12:53 PM

I think it shows that she misses the safety of sharing a bed with Tony.

Re: Scene from Season 5: Sentimental Education - 06/21/05 04:03 AM

Yeah, something like that I think. Even though I dont believe she was cared at that moment, she did know that with Tony next to her she didnt have to worry. The peace of mind of having a man, especially one like Tony.
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: Scene from Season 5: Sentimental Education - 06/21/05 09:40 PM

The scene clearly symbolizes her fear. This is a point when she hated Tony the most. She just slept with another man. Though Tony's face in the picture seemed friendly, those were not the thoughts running through her head. Excellent writing in this scene. She remembers all that is bad about Tony and her fear of his retaliation. Enter the gun. It was for protection against him. The scene clearly symbolizes her fear. This is a point when she hated Tony the most. She just slept with another man. Though Tony's face in the picture seemed friendly, those were not the thoughts running through her head. Excellent writing in this scene. She remembers all that is bad about Tony and her fear of his retaliation. Enter the gun. It was for protection against him. Carmela is not the type to sleep with a gun, unless it were to save her life. Tony's kind face in the fishing picture with AJ brought up feelings of fear in here, showing that not only did she hate him, but feared him, even when he wore a smile.

Fear drove her to the gun, not missing Tony.

The Doc
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET