Home

Season 5: Vito Spatafore (spoilers)

Posted By: Double-J

Season 5: Vito Spatafore (spoilers) - 06/11/05 01:53 AM

Granted, I haven't finished seaon 5 yet. But what is the point/significance of turning Vito "bisexual" or whatever? I mean, it didn't seem to serve any purpose towards the story (other than the sidestory with Finn).

I don't understand the plot twist, but I haven't finished yet, I'm on episode 11 currently.

Any insight?
Posted By: Urza Soltan

Re: Season 5: Vito Spatafore (spoilers) - 06/11/05 11:59 AM

LOL man. I just watched that episode yesterday, and I was going to do the exact same thing and post about it here.

That moment angered me so much. It was so pointless and stupid I think. I liked the whole sidestory of everyone treating Finn nice because he's Meadow's boyfriend, and how he's scared of them. But I hated Vito turning gay.

What I would have done was have Finn do something to Vito to piss him off. Then he would surprise him with the baseball tickets. Because I didn't like the whole thing in the car with Vito.

But that's my opinion. I think season 5 is great though! My favorite episode so far was the one with the Tony/Adriana car wreck.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Season 5: Vito Spatafore (spoilers) - 06/11/05 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
Granted, I haven't finished seaon 5 yet. But what is the point/significance of turning Vito "bisexual" or whatever? I mean, it didn't seem to serve any purpose towards the story (other than the sidestory with Finn).

I don't understand the plot twist, but I haven't finished yet, I'm on episode 11 currently.

Any insight?
Double J-

The reason that Chase did this, besides being an unpredictable whacko, is that in real life, someone from within the family that the Sopranos are based on, turned out to be a homosexual. It was supposedly captured on FBI tapes. So I guess that Chase decided to add this into the show because it had taken place with one of the real life mafiosi.

Don Cardi

Re: Season 5: Vito Spatafore (spoilers) - 06/12/05 12:55 AM

Ah, well at least that clears it up a little. Still seemed rather funny though, since Vito gets in trouble with Chris when he jokes about having Adriana blow him in an earlier episode, and then he turns *** on them. Hmm. I still don't like it. :p
Posted By: SC

Re: Season 5: Vito Spatafore (spoilers) - 06/12/05 01:18 AM

Quote:
Hmm. I still don't like it.
You're not the only one. Joe Giannascoli (who portrays Vito) wasn't too happy about that turn in his character's role. He's really a good-natured guy and he joked about it, though, when we met him in Chicago last year.

Me and "Vito Spattafore" in Chicago

Re: Season 5: Vito Spatafore (spoilers) - 06/12/05 01:31 AM

That's cool, SC! If I recall, didn't Giannascoli appear in the Season 1 episode (not as Vito) as a customer in the bakery scene where Chris shoots the clerk in the foot?

Re: Season 5: Vito Spatafore (spoilers) - 06/12/05 01:53 AM

Quote:
If I recall, didn't Giannascoli appear in the Season 1 episode (not as Vito) as a customer in the bakery scene where Chris shoots the clerk in the foot?
Exactly. That scene is memorable for two reasons... one that you mentioned above and also it was an "inside" joke about Chris shooting the clerk in the foot just as he (Chris) was shot in his role in "Goodfellas".

BTW - Don Smitty, who lives near the (real-life) bakery reports that it closed down this past year.
Posted By: Urza Soltan

Re: Season 5: Vito Spatafore (spoilers) - 06/12/05 03:06 AM

Wow SC that's awesome. How were you able to meet him?

Re: Season 5: Vito Spatafore (spoilers) - 06/12/05 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Urza Soltan:
How were you able to meet him?
Giannascoli and John Fiore (who played GiGi, the capo who died on the toilet) were appearing at a "Gangster" convention in Chicago that some of us board members attended. Here's our Don, Geoff, with the two of them:

Our Don Cardi and Mikey Montana befriended the two of them and it got to the point that if you were looking for any one of them you'd find all four of them.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Season 5: Vito Spatafore (spoilers) - 06/13/05 12:46 PM

Excellent pictures. I knew you'd met them, but hadn't seen those pics before--at least not the one of you, SC.

Not sure whether I like the twist or not. It serves little purpose as regards narrative and (at this point in time at least) character development. A bit like Raymond Curto turning out to be an informer...nothing became (or has become) of it.

Watch this space...?

Mick
Posted By: Intenzo

Re: Season 5: Vito Spatafore (spoilers) - 06/13/05 01:11 PM

It is so funny that you post this topic because I saw that episode last night and was so surprised to see that.but I guss my questions got answered with yours.
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: Season 5: Vito Spatafore (spoilers) - 06/13/05 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
Our Don Cardi and Mikey Montana befriended the two of them and it got to the point that if you were looking for any one of them you'd find all four of them.
Don Cardi told me a story that he went to dinner with Vito one night and when the waiter asked Vito what he was going to order, DC yelled out " You don't have what this guy likes to eat on your menu" and everyone at the table was laughing but the waiter stood there with a dumb look on his face.

DS

Re: Season 5: Vito Spatafore (spoilers) - 06/13/05 04:56 PM

Yes, true story,

And when the other guys (Gigi) turn came to order, I interupted him and told the waiter that he would have the Turkey! ( if anyone remembers Gigi died on the toilet bowl after getting constipated from eating too much turkey ). Again the whole table cracked up, but what made it priceless was that both times the waiter looked around at everyone with this dumb " what am I missing here" look on his face.

Don Cardi

Re: Season 5: Vito Spatafore (spoilers) - 06/13/05 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
Look at this picture! How in the world these guys did not offer SC a part on the show I'll never understand! SC, you would fit right in with that Soprano crew!

Don Cardi
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET