Home

Will Chris' drug problem return?

Posted By: Don'tForgetTheCannolis

Will Chris' drug problem return? - 01/06/05 07:11 PM

I tend to think know, Tony gave him a good beating at the end of season 5 when he found him high. I think the show will move in another direction with chris being a loyal soldier for Tony and the Family. Who gives a shit what I think though I want to know what you all think?
Posted By: MistaMista_Tom_Hagen

Re: Will Chris' drug problem return? - 01/06/05 09:30 PM

i dont know, it seems like numerous times theyve made it seem like he was done and then it just comes back the next season. I do wonder what type of position chris might take in this last season, considering it seems like Tony has always wanted him to take the reigns after him. Maybe im just imagining here, cuz id definetly like to see that.

So all in all, id say 50-50. if the writers decide to make him screw up again, itll definetly come into play. if they decide he's gonna be the one to take over after tony, then no, like you said, theyll make him upstanding and honorable and whatnot.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Will Chris' drug problem return? - 01/06/05 09:58 PM

I hope not, but probably. I was delighted in the "Whitecaps" (episode 13 of season four), and much of season five (latter episodes notwithstanding) with his squeeky cleanness. But Tony himself was snorting thruogh much of season five; perhaps Carmela will calm him down again. Chris, on the other hand, doesn't have a girl now, and may resort back to the only thing which brings him comfort...

Mick

Re: Will Chris' drug problem return? - 01/06/05 10:07 PM

few comments

Quote:
Tony himself was snorting thruogh much of season five
that really bothered me, seemed so hypocritical and unlike anything Tony would do. bad writing in my opinion...

Quote:
Chris, on the other hand, doesn't have a girl now
i am interested to see if they will give him a new love interest.

Quote:
he may resort back to the only thing which brings him comfort...
was it just me or did chris seem to have more of a problem with alcohal in season 5? not sure if im remembering correctly, considering i havent seen it since it aired.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Will Chris' drug problem return? - 01/06/05 10:15 PM

Quote:
Chris, on the other hand, doesn't have a girl now,
that whole storyline PISSED ME OFF, I didn't like it at all, and then the way it ended

Plus she was f'n hot!

Re: Will Chris' drug problem return? - 01/06/05 10:19 PM

yea i waited the entire series for her to show some skin or at least see her and chris goin at it or SOMETHING, but jesus, they left us high and dry and then killed her. now thats an infamnia.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Will Chris' drug problem return? - 01/07/05 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MistaMista_Tom_Hagen:
few comments

[quote] Tony himself was snorting thruogh much of season five
that really bothered me, seemed so hypocritical and unlike anything Tony would do. bad writing in my opinion...
[/quote]Yeah I'm with you on that. That was quite possibly the shittest thing ever introduced into the Sopranos. We're to believe that all of a sudden he's doing that shit. I don't buy it even if he did want to get into Adriana's beaver. He would have killed anyone who offered it to him.
Posted By: Jonny Lips

Re: Will Chris' drug problem return? - 01/07/05 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
[quote]Originally posted by MistaMista_Tom_Hagen:
[b] few comments

[quote] Tony himself was snorting thruogh much of season five
[/quote]Yeah I'm with you on that. That was quite possibly the shittest thing ever introduced into the Sopranos. We're to believe that all of a sudden he's doing that shit. I don't buy it even if he did want to get into Adriana's beaver. He would have killed anyone who offered it to him. [/b][/quote]They did mention in season 4, "Whoever Did This" that Tony did indeed do drugs with Christopher, and that Tony has taken drugs before, so I don't know why this is a sudden shock to everyone.

Re: Will Chris' drug problem return? - 01/08/05 06:51 AM

Quote:
They did mention in season 4, "Whoever Did This" that Tony did indeed do drugs with Christopher, and that Tony has taken drugs before
news to me. i personally dont remember that at all, but ill believe you. id like to check it out myself though no offense
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: Will Chris' drug problem return? - 01/09/05 12:37 AM

I do think that Chris's drug problem will resurface, but I dont think that it will be of tremendous importance to the main plot. You can guarantee that hes pretty low right now due to the fact that he betrayed his fiancee to her death, so that should trigger a relapse. But theres not really enough time left for it to make that much of an impact on the rest of the characters.
Posted By: Jonny Lips

Re: Will Chris' drug problem return? - 01/11/05 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MistaMista_Tom_Hagen:
[quote] They did mention in season 4, "Whoever Did This" that Tony did indeed do drugs with Christopher, and that Tony has taken drugs before
news to me. i personally dont remember that at all, but ill believe you. id like to check it out myself though no offense [/quote]Right before Tony and Chris throw Ralph's body over the cliff, Tony mentions his own drug use in the past.

I think that we never saw Tony using drugs in the first 4 seasons because he was more of a family man, having a wife and kids and living like royalty, whereas in the 5th season he is more on his own without Carmella and the kids.

Re: Will Chris' drug problem return? - 01/12/05 03:01 AM

thanks for clearing that up johnny

Quote:
I think that we never saw Tony using drugs in the first 4 seasons because he was more of a family man, having a wife and kids and living like royalty, whereas in the 5th season he is more on his own without Carmella and the kids.
interesting analysis, i never thought of it that way.
Posted By: ChrisY2J

Re: Will Chris' drug problem return? - 01/12/05 12:08 PM

Yes, Tony mentioned in Season Four, Episode 9 "Whoever Did This" that he'd done drugs in the past. While lecturing Christopher over his heroin use, Tony said, "I've done drugs before. I've even done coke with you."

So it was no surprise in Season Five, when he was no longer a family man, that he was back into partying and using a little more than usual.

And I don't think Tony was anti-drug so much as anti-HEROIN, which is perhaps the most addictive and dangerous drug out there. I think all of the Soprano crew has done their share of coke in the past (especially given that their main office is a strip club), but they've stayed away from heroin.
Except Christopher, that is.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET