Home

Goodfellas jokes?

Posted By: Debra

Goodfellas jokes? - 12/31/04 11:18 PM

Many actors in the Sopranos are ex-goodfellas.
(Christopher,Dr.Melfi,Paulie,etc)
Christopher was "spider" in Goodfellas,the kid who gets it from Joe Pesci in the foot.(later he gets it all the way )
So Christopher got his "revenge" in the Sopranos-in one of the episodes he shoots the Bakery clerk in the foot.

So anyway,I was wondering if you know of any other scenes with some goodfellas jokes?
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 01/01/05 03:13 PM

I dont know of any goodfella jokes.But there are a few referances on Godfather.

Also i didnt realise that Paulie and Pussy were in the Goodfellas,small roles
Posted By: DonGenco

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 01/16/05 07:05 AM

I always found it kind of funny how characters in The Sopranos would make reference to Goodfellas when the characters they know were actually in the movie, its kind of weird like that. Like Tony would say "Yeah, my favorite part is when Karen is sitting on Henry with a gun in his face-oh wait, Dr. Melfi, I'm sorry that was you wasn't it?" lol.
Posted By: chenille

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 01/18/05 12:54 AM

what was Paulie in Goodfellas??

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 01/18/05 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chenille:
what was Paulie in Goodfellas??
When Henry was a kid, He plays Johnny Sacks remember when hewnry is looking out of the window and the wiseguys get of the car and start play fighting and Paulie gives them that cold stere.well its him.
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 01/18/05 08:40 PM

i think he means who was paulie in goodfellas. if you watch you see him in the scene deniro was talking about but also in the scene with the mailman you see him.
Posted By: Pax Soprana

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 01/19/05 09:02 PM

Uncle Junior is Johnny Ola in GF2 as well isn't he?

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 01/19/05 09:39 PM

yup he is.

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 01/25/05 02:34 AM

one joke was when they gotta dig up the guy'a body in season one and chrissy says we have to dig it up before they build a condo on the spot and the other guy pukes like henry did.
Posted By: Oblong

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 01/25/05 02:50 AM

Who was Big Pussy in Goodfellas?

When Christopher gets made they make a joke about him being scared on the way. Silvio says "He sat on one ass cheek the whole way over"

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 01/25/05 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oblong:
Who was Big Pussy in Goodfellas?

When Henry brings in the "fur coats" for Sonny,the guy who is helping with the rail,you only seen him for at least 1 sec but thats "Big Puss"
Posted By: Daigo Mick Friend

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 01/26/05 11:55 PM

The Actress that plays Karen's mother in Goodfellas plays Carmellas mother in the Sopranos
Posted By: SC

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 01/27/05 09:11 AM

Don't forget that there's an extra scene on "The Godfather Trilogy" DVD of the Sopranos crew trying to watch a bootleg version of "The Godfather".

A liitle bit of "Sopranos" trivia - the scene in which Chris does his takeoff on "Goodfellas" and shoots the counterman in the bakery shows another customer waiting to order something. That other customer is played by Joe Ganniscoli, who in later episodes portrays Vito Spattafore.

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 01/27/05 09:37 AM

This is a bit of a stretch, but its interesting to note:

Henry Hill's girlfriend in "Goodfellas" was named Janice Rossi (remember when Hill's wife, played by Lorraine Bracco, goes to the apartment building to confront her "rival"). In "The Sopranos", Dr. Melfi (Bracco, again) was attacked by another J. Rossi in the "Employee of the Month" episode.

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 01/27/05 10:00 AM

One more comes to mind. Forgive the vagueness of this one, (I'm having a brain fart and I'm too tired to look up the specifics) but Frank Vincent was a victim of being dumped into a car trunk in "Goodfellas" and then later shot there. In a fifth season episode of "The Sopranos", Vincent (as Phil Leotardo) shoots someone else in the trunk of a car.
Posted By: Rocky

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 02/11/05 06:07 PM

Wow, when you really think about it, there are a lot of Goodfellas actors that have appeared on The Sopranos:

Goodfellas - The Sopranos
Karen Hill – Jennifer Melfi
Spider – Christopher Moltisanti
Morrie Kessler - Mr. Teittleman
Karen's Mother - Mary DeAngelis
Tony Stacks - Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri
Frankie the Wop - Carmine Lupertazzi Sr.
Man w/ Coat Rack - Salvatore 'Big Pussy' Bonpensiero
Billy Batts - Phil Leotardo
Sonny Bunz - Larry Boy Barese
Dealer - Beansie Gaeta
Posted By: Mastronardo

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 08/16/12 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Rocky
Wow, when you really think about it, there are a lot of Goodfellas actors that have appeared on The Sopranos:

Dealer - Beansie Gaeta

Frank Pellegrino played Johnny Dio in Goodfellas and FBI Chief Frank Cubitoso in The Sopranos.

John “Cha Cha” Ciarcia played a member of Billy Batts’ crew in Goodfellas and Albie Cianflone in The Sopranos.

Garry Pastore (Vincent Pastore’s brother) played a friend of Henry Hill in Goodfellas and Jerry Basile in The Sopranos.

Vito Antuofermo, most recognized for his role as Tony the Ant in Godfather III, played the prizefighter in Goodfellas and Robert “Bobby Zanone” Coniglio in The Sopranos.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 08/17/12 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Rocky

Dealer - Beansie Gaeta

Lol at Morrie being the old jew never recognized that. Was stacks not a black guy?

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 08/18/12 09:25 PM

I would also like to point out that although not depicted in Goodfellas, Tommy DeSimone attempted to rape Karen Hill while Henry was imprisoned. I think it is quite a coincidence that the woman playing Karen (Lorraine Bracco), also played Dr. Jennifer Melfi in The Sopranos, was raped in Season Three.

@Camarel: Yes, Parnell “Stacks” Edwards was African-American. He was portrayed by Samuel L. Jackson.
Posted By: Fat_Ralph

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 08/19/12 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
A liitle bit of "Sopranos" trivia - the scene in which Chris does his takeoff on "Goodfellas" and shoots the counterman in the bakery shows another customer waiting to order something. That other customer is played by Joe Ganniscoli, who in later episodes portrays Vito Spattafore.

Indeed SC, I always found this moronic, like we werent gonna notice, or the fact that in the first 2-3 episodes the pork store isnt called Satriale's, cant remember what it was called, and I dont feel like throwing in the first season to find out, LOL... But seriouis check it out..

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 08/20/12 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Fat_Ralph

Indeed SC, I always found this moronic, like we werent gonna notice, or the fact that in the first 2-3 episodes the pork store isnt called Satriale's, cant remember what it was called, and I dont feel like throwing in the first season to find out, LOL... But seriouis check it out..

It was called Centanni’s.
Posted By: FrankGaglianoJR

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 08/20/12 07:37 PM

LOL
Posted By: Fat_Ralph

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 08/24/12 11:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Mastronardo
Originally Posted By: Fat_Ralph

It was called Centanni’s.

Thanks bud..
Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 09/06/12 09:40 AM

Christopher shooting the guy in the foot and saying 'it happens' when he leaves after the guy says 'you shot me in the foot'
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 09/21/12 04:02 PM

LOL... that was awesome... Philip... I cracked up when he said that...I thought it was tongue in cheek and hoped it was
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 09/23/12 07:08 PM

did you guys know that one of the mafia cops played a mobster in goodfellas
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 09/23/12 07:16 PM

yes, the fat guy

Re: Goodfellas jokes? - 10/26/12 01:01 PM

One more comes to mind. Forgive the vagueness of this one, (I'm having a brain fart and I'm too tired to look up the specifics) but Frank Vincent was a victim of being dumped into a car trunk in "Goodfellas" and then later shot there. In a fifth season episode of "The Sopranos", Vincent (as Phil Leotardo) shoots someone else in the trunk of a car.

It was Angelo Garepe who got shot in the car trunk this time.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET