Home

"..a half a wise-guy"

Posted By: Sonny

"..a half a wise-guy" - 02/14/04 09:58 AM

Do you remember season 1? when Paulie goes to Chris' apartment when chris has his depression-like state, he tries to comfort Chris saying something like "...spent a couple of years in the army, a few more in the can, and here I am; a half a wise-guy..." Was I mistaken when I originally thought that Paulie was not a made guy?

I know when the Brendan Felone hit took place and chris offered to visit Mikey Palmice's home, Tony said something like Chris wasn't made and Paulie offered his help. But before that, I always thought that Paulie wasn't made due to that remark (half a wiseguy)...am i alone in this?
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: "..a half a wise-guy" - 02/14/04 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny:
am i alone in this?
Yes....
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: "..a half a wise-guy" - 02/14/04 09:52 PM

Sonny, I never thought that, mate. Paulie is simply trying to make Chris feel better by not fully-out saying "I'm made, you ain't." By saying half a wise guy, he's cheering Chrissy up.

Mick
Posted By: ChrisY2J

Re: "..a half a wise-guy" - 02/15/04 12:11 AM

When Paulie said he's "half a wiseguy", he wasn't talking about his "made" status. I think he may have been admitting that he knows he's not the smartest guy around, but it doesn't bother him.
Posted By: That Moltisanti kid

Re: "..a half a wise-guy" - 02/16/04 09:48 PM

agreed Paulie walnuts is rarely mentions the fact he's a captain except for 'Pine Barrens' in series 3
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET