Home

Seniors & Juniors

Posted By: Sonny

Seniors & Juniors - 02/09/04 05:15 AM

What is it about the names that many of the males in the sopranos have their male kids named after them?

Those that come to mind are:
1] Anthony Junior (Anthony Soprano)
2] Bobby Jr. (Bobby Bacala)
3] Carmine Jr. (Carmine whatever)
4] Jackie Aprile Jr. (Jackie Aprile)
5] Ralph Ciffaretto claimed he'd call his baby (if a son) from that girl in the bing after him (I know he has an older Justin but still he wanted, or claimed he wanted, to name one son after him. I know he was bullshitting but the idea was brought up by him so it must be something that he considered had he had another son from his ex-wife.)

On the other hand, Johnny boy Soprano didn't name a Johnny Jr. (unless that alledged brother of Tony is named Johnny Jr.), neither did Ralphie, nor Richie Aprile, nor Bobby Bacala's father, nor Pussy (not sure really).

Is there somekind of an unwritten law that kids should be named after their fathers? or is it only those people's ego that prompted them to call their sons after their own names?

Any input please?
Posted By: angiez23

Re: Seniors & Juniors - 02/09/04 05:39 AM

i guess that kinda normal in real life too, some parents call they´re childrens like them ,i have the same name of my mom and sometimes someone call to my house and ask for angie , and have to ask u want to talk with the mom or with the daughter, is sucks i guess.
Posted By: Jonny Lips

Re: Seniors & Juniors - 02/09/04 08:17 AM

Dont forget about the most important junior: Corrado "Junior" Soprano was a junior to Corrado Sr. That's how he got the nickname.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Seniors & Juniors - 02/09/04 09:20 AM

Richie Aprile did name his son after him. Janice refers to him as "Little Ricky" but Richie claims it's Richard.

Mick
Posted By: Sonny

Re: Seniors & Juniors - 02/09/04 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
Richie Aprile did name his son after him. Janice refers to him as "Little Ricky" but Richie claims it's Richard.

Mick
how could it slip my mind? god, i must be losing it.
Posted By: Knocc Out

Re: Seniors & Juniors - 02/09/04 04:42 PM

I got the same name as my dad, i guess somepeople just see it as carrying on the tradition
Posted By: The Godfather

Re: Seniors & Juniors - 02/10/04 03:12 AM

I know someone who is 4th of the same name in his family.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Seniors & Juniors - 02/13/04 03:56 PM

The Italian family that I married into names the first born son after the paternal grandfather. There are no juniors in the family, but a lot of Carmens and Andrews.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET