Home

Soprano-fellas

Posted By: Sonny

Soprano-fellas - 12/08/03 08:21 AM

I just watched Goodfellas the other day after a long break since watching it last (around 18 months) and noticed that there are many people who play in sopranos play in goodfellas. I knew of course that Dr. Melfi and Chris were also in Goodfellas, but i was surprized at the following:

1) Paulie (in Sopranos) is one of the guys who were kidding Tuddy right after young-Henry was looking from his window to the Taxi Cab.

2) Tony's father (in Sopranos) was the other man, i think. But he definitely was one of the men shoving the mailman who delivered Henry's school letters towards the oven.

3)I'm not sure but i think Tuddy is somewhere in the Sopranos???

4) Jackie Aprile's wife (forgot her name) was among the ladies in the make-up room where they mention that some grand mother drops dead when her gradson shoots somebody

5) Larry something (sopranos) is the owner of the Lagoon's restaurant where Paulie (goodfellas) is brought in as a partner.

i could swear that i saw more...but can't think of any of the top of my head. It's quite interesting considering Father Intentola's remark in Season 1 to Carmela "how does Tony rank Goodfellas?"
Posted By: Owen

Re: Soprano-fellas - 12/08/03 02:09 PM

Yeah I noticed that too. There are a lot of similarities beetwen them.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Soprano-fellas - 12/08/03 09:11 PM

Notice Vincent Pastore (Big Pussy Bonpensiero) pushing a rack of clothes in the back when Henry and Karen are walking through the club.

Mick
Posted By: Don Pope

Re: Soprano-fellas - 12/08/03 09:40 PM

anthony stabele (tommy breaks drink over his head) is one of the capos in sopranos family
Posted By: Rota

Re: Soprano-fellas - 12/09/03 12:14 AM

A great deal of the Sopranos cast can be seen in both Goodfellas and in the HBO drama "Gotti".

Re: Soprano-fellas - 12/10/03 07:20 PM

tonys father is in carlitos way, hes mr.tagalucci's son vincent (the one who gets shot at the end by the police in the station)

Re: Soprano-fellas - 12/11/03 06:50 AM

also in gotti that cop that makes that comment to john in the bathroom is also the cop after tony soprano.
Posted By: ChrisY2J

Re: Soprano-fellas - 12/13/03 02:37 PM

Tony Lip, who plays a Five Families boss named Carmine Lupertazzi in "The Sopranos" also played a peripheral character named Frankie The Wop (or something like that) in "Goodfellas".

Remember the scene where Tommy (played by Joe Pesci) guns down Spider (played by another "Sopranos" actor, Michael Imperioli) during that basement card game? That basement belonged to the character played by Tony Lip.
Posted By: The Scottish Don

Re: Soprano-fellas - 12/13/03 07:19 PM

Going off topic here (apologies) but any news as to when a DECENT DVD release of Goodfellas is taking place? The one available just now is basic to say the least!

Re: Soprano-fellas - 12/15/03 03:55 AM

prob on the 20 year anniversary, on 2010!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET