Home

Sopranos movie

Posted By: Sonny

Sopranos movie - 12/08/03 06:51 AM

Does anyone have any idea if there is any plan to make a Sopranos movie after the series is over (heard season 5 or 6 was the latest they planned)???
Posted By: Don Pope

Re: Sopranos movie - 12/08/03 07:03 AM

their making a sopranos movie now?

Re: Sopranos movie - 12/08/03 08:23 AM

don't know that. I was asking if anyone knew of any existing plan to do one since they are ALLEDGEDLY only planning for two more seasons.
Posted By: Owen

Re: Sopranos movie - 12/08/03 02:06 PM

They should, its a good idea. We need a new good mob movie to come out.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Sopranos movie - 12/08/03 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Owen:
They should, its a good idea. We need a new good mob movie to come out.
No they definitely should not. IF that is the only reason you have as to why they shoudl make one, then think again and take your medication!

Why does everybody assume that a great TV show would be made even better with a Hollywood makeover? It certainly wouldn't. The Sopranos on the big screen would never work, period. David Chase always wanted to make a show and not a movie because there's more leverage with regard to plots. One of the great aspects of The Sopranos is the fact that it continues over a large amount of time. Fiting one storyline into a movie would be nothing but appalling, and it wouldn't work whatsoever.

Mick
Posted By: Owen

Re: Sopranos movie - 12/08/03 10:02 PM

Yeah I guess your right now that I think about it.

Re: Sopranos movie - 12/10/03 05:18 AM

I think that you're absolutely right that a movie won't do the Sopranos a just presentation. But I still can't grasp the idea that they'd scrap the series in two years (i still could be mistaken about the dates).

Re: Sopranos movie - 12/10/03 05:26 AM

its been more than 2 years, its more like 5, first season was in 99
Posted By: Don Santino

Re: Sopranos movie - 12/10/03 10:30 AM

Pope, Sonny meant that he couldnt believe that in 2 more yrs, Sopranos is going to finish for good.
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: Sopranos movie - 12/10/03 12:08 PM

All I know is that the show ends when Gandolfini wants to leave. Anybody else, Chase could just have whacked in the show, but there is no show without Tony.
Posted By: Meggie

Re: Sopranos movie - 12/10/03 04:41 PM

Does anyone agree with me, Tony and Carmella should remain separated or are you in favor of a reconcilliation?

Re: Sopranos movie - 12/10/03 07:17 PM

nooooooo you spoiled it for me, i only just started season 3
Posted By: Meggie

Re: Sopranos movie - 12/10/03 08:00 PM

" Don Pope.. mi dispiace...I didnt know there was anyone on these boards that didnt know that tidbit...
Posted By: The Scottish Don

Re: Sopranos movie - 12/12/03 01:31 PM

Assuming you were not on the wind up, surely you always ran the risk of reading about future series on a Sopranos message board!!

Re: Sopranos movie - 12/13/03 08:42 AM

haha thats true, oh well i cant help myself
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET