Home

Tony, a corleone?

Posted By: Sonny

Tony, a corleone? - 09/17/03 12:54 PM

I was writting down my other topic (Meadow in business) when I thought of this; Tony is very much comparable to Vito.

I mean, he might not be having Vito's characteristics and all, but he has all the right connections and allies that combine to make him comparable to Vito.

For instance:

1] Hesh, Silvio & Uncle Jun provide Tony with great wisdom (Vito).

2] Christopher, AJ, and Meadow Vs. Sonny, Fredo & Mikey (even though AJ isn't older than Meadow).

3] Both (Vito & Tony) are essentially shown to be kind/indifferent (to the non-enemy-personality)

4] Yeah, you got me, Tony is a sex-maniac while Vito was straight-laced.

Anyway, any input?
Posted By: zo

Re: Tony, a corleone? - 09/26/03 01:17 PM

i dont see any comparison, because:

1. where did vito get his wisdom from, his dead father? vito did it on his own

2. christopher isnt his kid, just a soldier. aj and meadow "dont know about the business" while mike sonny and fredo were fully aware of operations.

3.name me a mob boss that isnt nicer with family and friends, thats just the way it goes.

anyone agree?
Posted By: Sonny

Re: Tony, a corleone? - 09/28/03 07:07 AM

I didn't mean for it to sound as if they match. I just meant that they look to have very similar "elements"

Wisdom exists for both albeit through different sources. In Vito's case, it was internal (intelligence). While in Tony's case, it was acquired (through external inputs of friends and relatives).

The analogy of the blood-relatives relates to Chris being compared to Sonny, Fredo to AJ, and Mike to Meadow.

Chris, even though he's not a son, is as reckless as Sonny (possibly even more).

AJ is as ....well-I-can't-find-the-words... slow and as irresponsible as Fredo.

Finally, Med is as smart, quick, strong, & discreet (remember her defending remark aimed at Jackie Aprile Jr.'s sister at Jackie's funeral even though she believed her father okeyed the hit) as Mike.
Posted By: zo

Re: Tony, a corleone? - 09/29/03 12:56 PM

yeah.....ur right. but i think if you get into any depth mafia movie, ull find that similarities in all of them
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Tony, a corleone? - 09/29/03 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zo:
yeah.....ur right. but i think if you get into any depth mafia movie, ull find that similarities in all of them
Very true, zo. The Godfather Trilogy and novel have influenced everything since.
Another difference: Tony was born in America of Neapolitan-area heritage (in the first season, he said his people came from Avellino, which is near Naples).
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET