Home

Janice killing Richie--Anybody else agree?

Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Janice killing Richie--Anybody else agree? - 02/22/03 07:59 PM

as much as i hated Richie, and yearned all through season 2 for him to be whacked, i thought the fact that Janice shot him was a bit anti-climaxed. although it was a great and unexpected twist, i really wanted to see paulie, or any of tony's guys, whack him instead.

does anybody else agree?

mick
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Janice killing Richie--Anybody else agree? - 02/22/03 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
as much as i hated Richie, and yearned all through season 2 for him to be whacked, i thought the fact that Janice shot him was a bit anti-climaxed. although it was a great and unexpected twist, i really wanted to see paulie, or any of tony's guys, whack him instead.

does anybody else agree?

mick
Maybe....But even though it's wrong, it still cracks me up when he belts Janice in the mouth.
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: Janice killing Richie--Anybody else agree? - 02/22/03 09:13 PM

Janice getting one in the teeth was very funny and exremely nessesary.

The Don Ferro
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Janice killing Richie--Anybody else agree? - 02/23/03 06:07 AM

I thought it was the perfect denouement for that season: Janice (the most irritating person on TV, next to Medavoy in "NYPD Blue") gets her comeuppance from Richie (what did she expect from him?). Then she kills him, simultaneously showing her Soprano heritage, solving a difficult problem for Tony, and having to split from NJ to get away. Only problem: they brought her back.
Posted By: ChrisY2J

Re: Janice killing Richie--Anybody else agree? - 02/23/03 02:59 PM

One of the best parts of that scene was when Tony first walked in Livia's house to find Janice kneeling near Richie's body. You can see Tony trying to hide his glee at having two big problems solved for him: Richie was now dead and his sister was now having to skip town.
Posted By: indeterminate_x

Re: Janice killing Richie--Anybody else agree? - 03/13/03 12:15 AM

Well I was happy, because i thought that it meant that Janice was going to leave the show. Unfortunately she didnt.
Posted By: Peter_Clemenza

Re: Janice killing Richie--Anybody else agree? - 04/25/08 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By: DonFerro55
Janice getting one in the teeth was very funny and exremely nessesary.

The Don Ferro

Posted By: olivant

Re: Janice killing Richie--Anybody else agree? - 04/25/08 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: indeterminate_x
Well I was happy, because i thought that it meant that Janice was going to leave the show. Unfortunately she didnt.

Ditto. I very seldom develop antipathy for a TV character, but Janice was one.
Posted By: whisper

Re: Janice killing Richie--Anybody else agree? - 04/25/08 08:55 PM

As much as I loved Janice getting a smack in the mouth, I have to agree with Mick. I found it a little anti climax after all the waiting for him to get whacked.. I love how Tony tries to hide his glee like mentioned above. Great scene.
Posted By: Santino Brasi

Re: Janice killing Richie--Anybody else agree? - 04/26/08 01:59 AM

shouldn't you put a spoiler alert on the topic?
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Janice killing Richie--Anybody else agree? - 04/26/08 02:19 AM

You should, and I should have; I can't edit it, though. It was written five years ago.

(Have I been around that long?)
Posted By: Santino Brasi

Re: Janice killing Richie--Anybody else agree? - 04/26/08 03:34 AM

I didn't notice the date

damn thats old
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Janice killing Richie--Anybody else agree? - 04/27/08 01:55 AM

I think it was unexpected with all the other ways Richie could have gotten himself in trouble but I think that's what makes it good.
Posted By: whisper

Re: Janice killing Richie--Anybody else agree? - 04/27/08 07:42 AM

Janice is truly disgusting...And to think, the actress that plays her, thinks she's sexy. Madonne!
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: Janice killing Richie--Anybody else agree? - 09/09/08 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

does anybody else agree?

mick

I loved Richie. He was a true gangster. He was old school. He even wore the same outfits he had before he went to prison. I loved that David Chase had him wear outfits from 20 years ago. Its like he left prison and was still stuck in the 1980's. He was a great character I thought. I feel like the show went down hill after he was shot off.

ds
Posted By: dontommasino

Re: Janice killing Richie--Anybody else agree? - 09/11/08 08:47 PM

Was the actress who played Janice planning to leave the show at this time? I don't seem to understand the concept of her leaving only to come back when Livia passes in Season 3. Certainly, she got rid of Ritchie, but I wanted to see Christopher do it.
Posted By: Sopranorleone

Re: Janice killing Richie--Anybody else agree? - 09/12/08 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: dontommasino
Was the actress who played Janice planning to leave the show at this time? I don't seem to understand the concept of her leaving only to come back when Livia passes in Season 3. Certainly, she got rid of Ritchie, but I wanted to see Christopher do it.

The writers intended the character of Janice to appear only in season 2 and certain cameos thereafter. But, after the death of Nancy Marchand due to cancer (Livia), they had to resort to plan B. Instead of focusing on Tony's mother testifying against him, they brought Janice back as a full time character because she possessed much of Livia's personality traits.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET