Home

Sopranos Vs. Corleones.

Posted By: Don Giorgio Gambino

Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 12/08/02 04:59 AM

I have never seen the Sopranos, but I know the basics. Who would you choose.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 12/08/02 04:05 PM

DGG, i cant believe u hav never seen the sopranos before!! u must! go out rite now and buy season 1!

im sure u'll like it.

btw, i voted the sopranos in both questions.

mick
Posted By: TheIrishDon

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 12/08/02 04:27 PM

I picked the Corleones for being better.. because they were.. but I picked Sopranos for being much cooler and.. I just like them
Posted By: Mardini

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 12/08/02 04:44 PM

I went for the Corleones. They had class.
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 12/08/02 05:13 PM

I voted for the Corleone's in the first question and the Sopranos for the second.
Posted By: Don Giorgio Gambino

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 12/09/02 06:09 PM

No, I haven't seen the Sopranos, cause I don't have HBO, but I'll give 'em a try some day. I voted both Corleones, they are cool and in their organization they have:

1.Sal Tessio
2.Peter Clemenza
3.Albert Neri
4. Rocco Lampone.
5. Tom Hagen.
6. William Cicci.
7. Frank Pentangeli.
8. Vincent Mancini
And many more!

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 12/09/02 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Giorgio Gambino:
No, I haven't seen the Sopranos, cause I don't have HBO, but I'll give 'em a try some day. I voted both Corleones, they are cool and in their organization they have:

1.Sal Tessio
2.Peter Clemenza
3.Albert Neri
4. Rocco Lampone.
5. Tom Hagen.
6. William Cicci.
7. Frank Pentangeli.
8. Vincent Mancini
And many more!
WARNING! SEASON 2 SPOILERS!
well im NOT against your decision or anything, but here's 8 reasons of my own to counteract your list:
1. tony soprano--who else?
2. silvio dante
3. paulie walnuts
4. chris moltisanti
5. junior soprano
6. richie aprile (ok i dont like the guy but he's still a good soldier--or was)
7. big pussy (when he was alive)
8. furio giunta--beat al neri in a fight any day lol!

mick
Posted By: Peter_Clemenza

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 04/25/08 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
 Quote:
Originally posted by Don Giorgio Gambino:

1.Sal Tessio
2.Peter Clemenza
3.Albert Neri
4. Rocco Lampone.
5. Tom Hagen.
6. William Cicci.
7. Frank Pentangeli.
8. Vincent Mancini
And many more!
WARNING! SEASON 2 SPOILERS!
well im NOT against your decision or anything, but here's 8 reasons of my own to counteract your list:
1. tony soprano--who else?
2. silvio dante
3. paulie walnuts
4. chris moltisanti
5. junior soprano
6. richie aprile (ok i dont like the guy but he's still a good soldier--or was)
7. big pussy (when he was alive)
8. furio giunta--beat al neri in a fight any day lol!

mick \:D

Richie Aprile was a captain, Capo de La Cosa Nostra, not a soldier.
Posted By: whisper

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 04/25/08 08:52 PM

I picked the Sopranos. More up to date, more realistic and a lot more cooler. Although, I fucking love GF.
Posted By: Don_Sanford

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 04/26/08 02:28 AM

The Sopranos...
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 04/27/08 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: whisper the don from down under
I picked the Sopranos. More up to date, more realistic and a lot more cooler. Although, I fucking love GF.

More up to date and realistic, but no way are the Sopranos cooler than the Corleones (GF 1 and 2 Corleones)
Posted By: olivant

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 04/27/08 03:41 AM

The Corleones make mincemeat of the Sopranos in every way.
Posted By: whisper

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 04/27/08 07:40 AM

Originally Posted By: olivant
The Corleones make mincemeat of the Sopranos in every way.

That's it!!! We need a sit down to work all this shit out between us. ;\)
Posted By: ibarramedia

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 08/08/08 05:53 AM

The Corleones have more firepower and are better organized Imho. The Corleones also have more 'distance' in the power structure. Tony Soprano looks like a glorified capo. Still somewhat thuggish. The Corleones have more $$$ at their disposal. Having built up the legitimate business empire into one of the world's richest. Then there is the underground side still bringing in some revenue....... The Sopranos can't even come close to that. Now that in no way means that I don't like the sopranos. Merely stating what I observed from watching the show.

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 08/08/08 12:55 PM

I can't figure out whether my posts in this thread were mocking, or not.

I don't think they were.

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 08/10/08 05:21 AM

Originally Posted By: ibarramedia
The Corleones have more firepower and are better organized Imho. The Corleones also have more 'distance' in the power structure. Tony Soprano looks like a glorified capo. Still somewhat thuggish. The Corleones have more $$$ at their disposal. Having built up the legitimate business empire into one of the world's richest. Then there is the underground side still bringing in some revenue....... The Sopranos can't even come close to that. Now that in no way means that I don't like the sopranos. Merely stating what I observed from watching the show.

I agree. The Corleones are deeply embedded in national financial, political, and legal structures with long-term relationships whereas the Sopranos have mostly fleeting local relationships characterized by "dark of night" meetings.
Posted By: Lucchese

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 08/14/08 08:32 PM

The Corleones, hands down. The Corleones were international in their scope, but the Sopranos were regional at best. I love the Sopranos, but give me the Corleones any day, and time.
Posted By: David_Mancini

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 08/17/08 04:09 AM

The Corleones most definently
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 08/18/08 12:05 AM

Yo
Posted By: Ludovico

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 09/12/08 01:48 PM

Ok, if we're gonna compare the two shows/movies then thats just a tad unfair.

1. Both are very unrealistic. You want me to beleive that a "mafia" family is deeply embeded in our National Structure on an international scope? Puh-leese! And the Soprano's... Tony NOT doing certain things because his pyschitrist (sp, god I need to learn how to spell) tells him not to? What a lie!

2. Comparing either is like me comparing the punisher to Superman, neither show/movie was made with an intent to compete with each other so I could just as easily make a movie about a mafia-family that makes it into space and whacks some astronaut for 100 Billion dollars then go "Haha, the [insert mafia name here] were more powerful than both combined! ROXORZ".

I think both have their heads up their [explative] but I'll at least give the soprano's the fact that they portray the mob's power in a more realistic fashion. So I'd have to go with the Sopranos. Even though I hate the show.

Speaking of which DON'T buy the first season, I watched all of the 1st season and realized the Sopranos was a HUGE waste of time.

Better Movie= Triad Election (traid election 2 in the origanal cantonese title).
Posted By: Sopranorleone

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 09/12/08 02:42 PM

If you dont mind me asking (and Im just curious - not being critical), but if you hate the show, why are you posting all over the Sopranos forum?

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 09/12/08 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Ludovico
Ok, if we're gonna compare the two shows/movies then thats just a tad unfair.

1. Both are very unrealistic. You want me to beleive that a "mafia" family is deeply embeded in our National Structure on an international scope? Puh-leese! And the Soprano's... Tony NOT doing certain things because his pyschitrist (sp, god I need to learn how to spell) tells him not to? What a lie!

2. Comparing either is like me comparing the punisher to Superman, neither show/movie was made with an intent to compete with each other so I could just as easily make a movie about a mafia-family that makes it into space and whacks some astronaut for 100 Billion dollars then go "Haha, the [insert mafia name here] were more powerful than both combined! ROXORZ".

I think both have their heads up their [explative] but I'll at least give the soprano's the fact that they portray the mob's power in a more realistic fashion. So I'd have to go with the Sopranos. Even though I hate the show.

Speaking of which DON'T buy the first season, I watched all of the 1st season and realized the Sopranos was a HUGE waste of time.

Better Movie= Triad Election (traid election 2 in the origanal cantonese title).

You don't appear to know much about organized crime. You need to read several books about the relationships that the Mafia (and organized crime families generally) have with various governments around the world especially in Italy. In fact, you can read various posts on this Board that will inform you of some of organized crime's history that will enlighten you.

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 09/12/08 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Sopranorleone
If you dont mind me asking (and Im just curious - not being critical), but if you hate the show, why are you posting all over the Sopranos forum?

Eh, I really like the game. Which is what got me to watch the 1st season in the first place. I figure since I bothered to watch it I might as well post a thing or two.

And no olivant, no. I'm quite tired of hearing that the mob has all this ridiculous influence all over the bloody world. I mean ok, I'm aware that it does/did happen, I'm aware it was/is there. but not to the extent that most would have me belive.
Posted By: Tyler_Durden

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 09/12/08 09:38 PM

Eh, I really like the game. Which is what got me to watch the 1st season in the first place. I figure since I bothered to watch it I might as well post a thing or two.

Strange....i haven't played the game but from what i've heard,it suffers from poor writing.Seems odd that you like the game but not the actual show smile.

And no olivant, no. I'm quite tired of hearing that the mob has all this ridiculous influence all over the bloody world. I mean ok, I'm aware that it does/did happen, I'm aware it was/is there. but not to the extent that most would have me belive.

Actually,based on what i've "studied" thus far(a few books,articles,documentaries),the power the mob has in its respective era(the golden age and the new millenium) is very accurately portrayed in The Sopranos and in I & II.In The Godfather,the only thing that isn't real,IMO,is the whole code of honor thing that Vito Corleone's family seems too have.

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 09/14/08 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Tyler_Durden

Strange....i haven't played the game but from what i've heard,it suffers from poor writing.Seems odd that you like the game but not the actual show smile.

Actually,based on what i've "studied" thus far(a few books,articles,documentaries),the power the mob has in its respective era(the golden age and the new millenium) is very accurately portrayed in The Sopranos and in I & II.In The Godfather,the only thing that isn't real,IMO,is the whole code of honor thing that Vito Corleone's family seems too have.

Well the thing I liked about the game was that it was so simple. It did have poor writeing but I didn't care. heres what you do in the game

Talk smack, beat people up, rinse wash and repeat. Just simple fun, nothing complicated like level systems or equipment whatever.

On a side note, I never said the Power and iunfluence in the sopranos was innaccurate, I said Tony baseing decisions on his pychistrist was (or if it wasn't I just didn't like it anyway).

heres what I meant as to what I don't belive on mafia influence and the like.

The whole thing where apparently the mob struck a deal with the allies in WW2 to free their imprisiooned comrades for help in invadeing italy. I hate that story, you wanna know what happened? The allies invaded, they found a bunch of people in prison and thought they were all labeled as "political dissendents" so they just set them all free. innocent bystanders and mafiosi alike.

Or the Mafia killed JFK, what crap is that?

Those are the type of things I don't belive. And I really don't belive anything the godsfather trilogy ever had to say, mainly because of that honor code crap. You want me to belive that sudden;y criminals have morals? Puh-Leese.

Ok so I'm biased against the godfather trilogy, I'll admit it. I'm sorry.

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 09/19/08 05:35 PM

Or the Mafia killed JFK, what crap is that?

Do you know how JFK's father made his fortune?

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 09/19/08 05:43 PM

No.

And whatever you're gonna tell me I don't buy that the mob killed JFK. JFK's dad could've been a freakin' DON and I wouldn't beleive it.

The mob's not gonna kill a huge political figure on the level of the president, I mean if they're scared of whacking small time cops for the heat it'd generate why would they even touch the president? Why would they recruit Oswald (assuming he shot JFK) when they have many another killer who's probably more experienced at that kinda've thing.

I could go on, too many holes in the story. I think the entire "MAFIA KILLED JFK OMFG!!!" conspiracy comes from people who are too prone to believe that LCN is somehow a great big Criminal/Political/Economic Machine that has world-wide influence to rival that of everyones legitimate governments. Which I think is crap, The Mob has/had ALOT of influence you'll get no argument from me ESPICLLY in the 1960's but I don't think they EVER got to the point where they could've feasibly killed the president.

Besides, who would even be bloody willing? I mean killing a guy who owes you money (although not the wisest decision if you haven't collected from him first) is one thing, but the president of the United States? I realize criminals have low morals as a whole but I thinkt hatd be one offer that'd strike a chord.

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 09/19/08 05:52 PM

You should read a book called The Outfit by Gus Russo. The main point of the book is how just the Chicago Outfit mob family changed the landscape of the U.S. There are what - 26 or so families?

Joe Kennedy made his fortune in prohibition, JFK was elected because of the mafia and then RFK started going after the mafia.

While it is not the most likely scenario that the mafia had JFK killed, it is hard to completely rule it out.

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 09/19/08 09:18 PM

I completley rule it out alotogther.

Now understand I'm NOT critcizing/disrespecting you or trying to insult you at all. I'm just very adament on this position.

Just because you have ties to said mob doesn't mean they're the only ones that can/would kill you. I honestly don't beleive that the mafia (either from NY, Chi-town, miami, buffalo, or anywhere else) had ANYTHING to do with JFKs assassination.

And I had been meaning to read "The Outfit" but I stopped reading crime books for awhile after I got done with "The Westies" (needed a change of things, I started reading the odyessy) but I had wanted to pick it up.

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 09/19/08 09:32 PM

I completley rule it out alotogther.

Now understand I'm NOT critcizing/disrespecting you or trying to insult you at all. I'm just very adament on this position.

Just because you have ties to said mob doesn't mean they're the only ones that can/would kill you. I honestly don't beleive that the mafia (either from NY, Chi-town, miami, buffalo, or anywhere else) had ANYTHING to do with JFKs assassination.

And I had been meaning to read "The Outfit" but I stopped reading crime books for awhile after I got done with "The Westies" (needed a change of things, I started reading the odyessy) but I had wanted to pick it up.

The mafia at least had the means and motive to do it. Whether they did or not, who knows.

I'm currently in the middle of "The Westies" (one of about 5 books I'm in the middle of)

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 09/19/08 09:43 PM

Ok I'll give you that, they had a motive for it I can't really deny that.

Isn't the Westies great? If you're into TJ English I strongley suggest "Born To Kill" his Book after the westies.

Re: Sopranos Vs. Corleones. - 09/19/08 11:12 PM

Ok I'll give you that, they had a motive for it I can't really deny that.

Isn't the Westies great? If you're into TJ English I strongley suggest "Born To Kill" his Book after the westies.

I've read Paddy Whacked as well, I'll have to check out Born to Kill.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET