Home

Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!)

Posted By: Snake

Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 02:17 AM

***SPOILER***SPOILER***SPOILER***

I thought it was an excellent way to begin the fourth season. I particularly loved Christopher's getting revenge for his father! And what is his deal with Adrianna's new "friend," Danielle, the FBI undercover agent? Is he wary and suspicious of her, or just not particularly cordial one way or another to Adrianna's chums? And Junior's new worry? Was it really the nurse who was undercover, or someone else? What'll happen with Tony's real estate deal? And will Paulie jump ship? Stay tuned!

The next episode looked even heavier, especially with Patsy. And Silvio's "got Patsy's back"? Hmmm... Anyway, I think the debut of season 4 actually lived up to its hype.

What did you comrades think?
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 02:23 AM

I think Christopher isn't going to make it through Season 4. I know, I know, that isn't going out on a limb. Tony isn't "making any friends" in the first episode either. I just hope this isn't like last season where almost every episode left lose ends.
Posted By: Take The Cannolies

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 02:25 AM

Did you see the way Tony looked at Danielle? Maybe she will become his new goomah. Also, I don't think the agent is that nurse. The overwhelming facts say it's her, but I just have a gut feeling it's that one doctor who kept looking into the conversations.(The one Tony slammed the door on)

BTW- Notice how Tony is screwing Uncle Junior. The guy he was talking to said that the property where Junior's garage is is going up in real estate prices. It'll be worth alot more than 100,000 and Tony knows it. Also, they did a good job of replacing the shot of the twin towers with one of the New York skyline.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 02:31 AM

Yeah, I caught that look too! Little does poor Tone know that messin' with Danielle would make messin' with Gloria Trillo a Sunday picnic! I agree with your estimation of the nurse issue, too, Take the Cannolies. It's just too obvious. And I suppose poor Uncle Junior is gonna be a sucker to the end!

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
I think Christopher isn't going to make it through Season 4. I know, I know, that isn't going out on a limb. Tony isn't "making any friends" in the first episode either. I just hope this isn't like last season where almost every episode left lose ends.
I'd hate to see Christopher get whacked, but I'm half-inclined to agree with you, Just Lou. However, I figure if someone does Christopher in, it will be Christopher himself, doing something stupid.
Posted By: Goodfella 69

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 02:47 AM

Christopher heavy into drugs is gonna be the death of him, if you noticed he didnt look to alert and clean cut this episode, he looked like a wreck, hes probably definately gonna get whacked unfortunately. Tony seems to be making enemies too which cant be good, the season looks to me promising and very entertaining, we'll see.
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 03:14 AM

I think Christopher was set-up into thinking that was his fathers's killer.The guy sounded like all those framed guys sound in the movies.
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 03:37 AM

I hope Christopher doesn't get whacked but who knows?? I think the way he kept the $20 bill on his mother's fridge he truly believes that the man he killed was the one who did his father..How about Bobby B. getting upped?? Overall a solid episode, can't wait till next week..
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 04:24 AM

I know that Bobby got promoted...was it to captain? I guess if he's already made that's really all that you can get to. He doesn't really seem to be capo material. They never showed him in charge of any guys or anything like that. He just seemed like Junior's bitch.

I don't think that the nurse is the fed either. It just seemed too obvious, especially after she said that she's leaving to go "back to school." However, I don't see the doctor as the fed. Usually feds don't have the knowledge to pretend to be doctors.

I hope Christopher makes it through the season. He's my favorite character, and is like a son to Tony. I always thought that he was on the fast track to be one of the higher-ups in the family. We shall see.
Posted By: SC

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 05:04 AM

Did you guys notice the new guy taking care of Uncle Junior? The character, Murf, is none other than Val Bisoglio, the guy who played John Travolta's father in "Saturday Night Fever".

This is the second time that Tony went off on the bouncer in the Bada Bing (lamenting about the ice). I'm starting to think he'll be a source of trouble in this fourth season.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 06:00 AM

I don't know - I guess the first episode of the season has to set things up... but truthfully, I didn't find it especially exciting. I guess the following episodes will build upon it, so I'll hold judgement a few weeks I was pissed, though, that I missed the preview for next week cuz I was in the bathroom, thinking I'd make it back in time I'll just have to watch it again tomorrow I guess...

JG
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 01:03 PM

I enjoyed the first episode, but agree it was setting up for the following episodes, which I think will get even better.

I agree that the nurse is not the informant; I don't think Christopher is on to Adrianna's cop friend, and think Tony will find her out, one way or another. :p Christopher is so far, still my candidate for getting whacked. I too think it was a set-up when he killed that guy. I think Tony was testing him to see if he'd kill him, but have my doubts that he was really the killer of his father. I think Christopher will get blamed/whacked for being too high all the time, and Tony will think had he been straight, he would have figured out Adrianna's friend was a cop. Previews??? I didn't know they showed previews and I turned the station!!! Oh well next time.

TIS
Posted By: Luca Brasi

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 01:04 PM

I do think the fed was the doctor the nurse is to obvious.

I feel that Paulie will turn on Tony and go to the other family in NY.

I believe either Chris or uncle Junior is going to get whacked.I thought when Tony and Chris pulled over and Bobby was in the car behind them I thought Tony was going to whack Chris right there. Tony can tell that Chris is not keeping focused on family business and the drugs are going to catch up to him yet. Uncle Junior is going to be going to court and with the evidence mounting up against him I feel that Tony will whack him before he testify's.

I was blown away with the fact that Janice and (can't think of his name sorry)where in the bathroom messing around. That's going to go over Tony's head like a lead balloon when he finds out.

I agree with Don Geoff the first episode wasn't what I expected but it's the ground breaker and set's up the storyline a bit.
Posted By: Almammater

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 01:27 PM

just found another article for you :

‘Sopranos’ returns to changed world
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 01:36 PM

Hi,
Ralphie is on cocaine again after telling Johnny Sac he gave it up. Plus he is messing around with Tony's sister. Janice didn't learn from last time and her experience with Richie Aprile. Christopher is strung out on drugs. Did you see him in the scene where Tony is telling him about his dad. He is sweating profusely. Tony was telling Dr Melfi about putting someone else in charge and how he is grooming Chris. Tony is in for a surprise. Tony was oggling Daniella. Junior was trying to make points with his nurse. I think she was the agent. I could be wrong. It could go 50% towards that stooge that was listening in on the conversation.

Paul

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
Did you guys notice the new guy taking care of Uncle Junior? The character, Murf, is none other than Val Bisoglio, the guy who played John Travolta's father in "Saturday Night Fever".

This is the second time that Tony went off on the bouncer in the Bada Bing (lamenting about the ice). I'm starting to think he'll be a source of trouble in this fourth season.
Hi,
Val Bisoglio was also on the show Quincy with Jack Klugman. He played the guy who owned the Italian restaurant.

Paul
Posted By: Take The Cannolies

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 02:51 PM

I don't think the bouncer will cause any trouble. He gets beat up all the time,it's like a running joke.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 03:25 PM

Hi,
Last season Ralphie knocked his eye out while imitating Gladiator.

Paul

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 03:46 PM

The more I think about it, the more I think that Chris won't get whacked. The scene at the end of the episode when Chris went to his mom's house really started to remind me of the relationship between Tony and Livia. Both were widows, and both seem to have some kind of imbalance. Livia was depressed, and Chris' mom is apparently a recovering alcoholic. And during the therapy session with Melfi, Tony practically talks about Chris as a son to him. I think that Chris is a replacement for A.J. He doesn't want his real son to get mixed up in the business, but he seems to really want to be a mentor to someone close to him. That's where Chris comes in. When Chris would screw up, you can kinda see the disappointment in Tony's face as if he was disappointed at A.J. for doing something stupid.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 07:46 PM

I got the impression that when Tony picked up Christopher and told him to do the "hit" on the man who killed his father, that not only was that to test Christopher, but also, I sensed that Tony knows it ISN'T really Christopher's father's killer. I assume it's someone that Tony wanted whacked, and wanted Christopher to think it was his father's killer, just to motivate him to do it. Does anyone else think that's a possibility??
I think Tony knows or suspects Chris is on drugs (he surely most of smelled it when Chris opened the door), and that's why he made that surprise visit. What do you think???

TIS

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 07:52 PM

Speaking of Chris' drug habits, was Tony aware that Chris spent the whole Italy trip back in season 2 high on drugs?

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Corpuzzi:
Speaking of Chris' drug habits, was Tony aware that Chris spent the whole Italy trip back in season 2 high on drugs?
Hi,
I doubt it. However when Chris was in the hospital Tony said to Paulie, "I hope that they know this kid likes his chemestry set." In one scene Chris kept pressing the button and was giving himself more and more pain medication.

Paul

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Pisano:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Corpuzzi:
[b]Speaking of Chris' drug habits, was Tony aware that Chris spent the whole Italy trip back in season 2 high on drugs?
Hi,
I doubt it. However when Chris was in the hospital Tony said to Paulie, "I hope that they know this kid likes his chemestry set." In one scene Chris kept pressing the button and was giving himself more and more pain medication.

Paul[/b][/quote]As someone that underwent Colon Resection at age 34 due to cancer, I can tell you that you'd be hitting that button like Chris too. Anyway, in reality, there is a regulator on that pump that it only actually works about every 10 minutes no matter how often you push the button. I don't do drugs, but I was hitting that button just as often as Chris.
Posted By: silviodante77

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 08:21 PM

yeah, i was in hospital recently having scoliosis surgery and was on a morphine type drip thing, and it only allowed one dose every 5 minutes i think

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 09:01 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Paul Pisano:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Don Corpuzzi:
[b]Speaking of Chris' drug habits, was Tony aware that Chris spent the whole Italy trip back in season 2 high on drugs?
Hi,

Paul[/b][/quote]As someone that underwent Colon Resection at age 34 due to cancer, I can tell you that you'd be hitting that button like Chris too. Anyway, in reality, there is a regulator on that pump that it only actually works about every 10 minutes no matter how often you push the button. I don't do drugs, but I was hitting that button just as often as Chris. [/b][/quote]Hi,
I am sorry to hear about your surgery. I had five operations when I was a baby. Thank God everything is okay now.

Paul

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 09:30 PM

Don Corpuzzi: Good question about Bobby's getting "bumped up." According to Rucker's book on The Sopranos, Bobby is already supposedly a capo. But this book has been inaccurate on other details. Personally, I don't think Bobby has acted in that capacity in the previous seasons. If he was already a capo, then I'm guessing the next stripe would be either underboss or consigliere. I can't see him as consigliere, though...I mean, the poor sap doesn't even know Quasimodo from Nostradamus! (I thought that was hilarious!)

TIS, MFM, et. al: I may be in the minority, but I believe that man was indeed Christopher's father's killer. I think David Chase just set it up in such a way as to make us wonder (he's good at that!).

Luca: You may be right about Uncle Junior. But my gut instinct says the poor ol' man is going to die a natural death (and maybe not even in this season). Whether he's free or a "guest of the government" when he kicks the bucket, though, is a whole other matter. I think somehow he'll beat the rap.

Paul Pisano: And yeah, Ralphie and Janice?!? Gag me with a friggin' baseball bat!! The idiot had such a nice bit of trim last season in Tracie (the one he offed), and now he's going for Janice? Man! That dude is strung out!

SC: Thanks for letting me know who "Murf" was (I don't think I even caught his character's name, much less what else he's done). So, is he just a friend looking out for Uncle Junior, or is he in OC? Couldn't tell much from the episode. Of course, Tony did ask him (and Bobby) to leave the room while he talked to Junior.

Take the Cannolies: I tend to agree with your view of Georgie (the poor bouncer who keeps getting physically abused by Tony and Ralphie). But then, SC may be onto something. Time will tell.

J Geoff: You weren't alone in your slight disappointment. Some of my co-workers expressed the same sentiment. I think it was okay. I mean, as you and TIS said, they have to lay a foundation to build upon (which they seem to do every season). I'm sure upcoming episodes are going to make the wait worthwhile. The previews for next week showed Christopher pondering some kind of scheme involving (I believe) a fiber-optics investment/scam/heist. Patsy said something to Silvio about Tony disapproving, and Silvio told him, "Don't worry...I got your back." Whether that referred to the scam or something else, I'm afraid I don't know. And Patsy's definitely making waves of some kind. It only showed a brief second or two, but I got the impression that Christopher was reprimanding him about something, and Patsy spit defiantly to the ground at Christopher's feet (as a couple of guys held Christopher back to keep him from pummeling Patsy!)!

A couple of more things to ponder: I noticed Raymond Curto (Tony's capo who flipped in season 3, Proshai Livushka) was at Tony's "pep talk" with the crew. I can't recall offhand if Tony said anything that could be used against himself. I know he did talk about how they needed to kick more money upstairs, though. At any rate, I'm sure Curto was wired. I mean, why wouldn't he be?? And what's the deal with Tony's stashing money? Hasn't he always? But the way they depicted it last night, there was obviously something significant about it.

And Artie Bucco? You think he's eventually going to "step up to the plate" and get connected with OC? Since Tony's financing Artie's food products idea (or has Tony done that yet?), do you think anything will develop? Can't see Artie whackin' anybody...too unstable and wussy!

(BTW: Great discussion all!)

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 09:36 PM

Hi,
Artie Bucco can also be considered a candidate. Remember he had the hots for Adrianna last season.

Paul
PS:Furio was also doing coke at the wake for Tony's mother.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 09:43 PM

Maybe I'm totally off base,(won't be the first time ) but before Tony was stashing the money under the floor boards, the television was on and they had a newscast of a "brinks" truck robbery, with thousands (maybe millions) of dollars stolen. It said tne suspects got away. Now, I assumed that's the money Tony was stashing????? Did anyone else get that impression?

TIS

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 09:47 PM

I missed that connection, TIS! Must've had my head in the tortilla chips and dip! That would be heavy! Another thought occured to me: Maybe Tony is stashing it because he's afraid to use his Russian money-launderer (Slava, I think is his name). After all, Paulie and Christopher royally screwed the pooch in Pine Barrens!

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 09:56 PM

I have a question; In last nights episode Carmella was talking to Tony about finances,etc and Tony said to her something Like the less she knew the better. Then he said as soon as he had the "numbers" for the bills he'd give her the info (or something like that). I know he means the serial numbers for the bills, but can someone explain to me further what he's talking about? What bills? Not having any experience in counterfeiting, I am kind of confused.

TIS

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 10:00 PM

Hi,
It was the numbers for the secret bank accounts.

Paul
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Maybe I'm totally off base,(won't be the first time ) but before Tony was stashing the money under the floor boards, the television was on and they had a newscast of a "brinks" truck robbery, with thousands (maybe millions) of dollars stolen. It said tne suspects got away. Now, I assumed that's the money Tony was stashing????? Did anyone else get that impression?

TIS
I was thinking that it was shown so Carm remembers how Tony makes his living....Made Carm think about it some more.

Don's don't go out on Brinks truck jobs, they just get there cut tho....

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 10:47 PM

Quote:
I have a question; In last nights episode Carmella was talking to Tony about finances,etc and Tony said to her something Like the less she knew the better. Then he said as soon as he had the "numbers" for the bills he'd give her the info (or something like that). I know he means the serial numbers for the bills, but can someone explain to me further what he's talking about? What bills? Not having any experience in counterfeiting, I am kind of confused.

TIS
It was the number for the swiss accounts. He didn't want her to be knowledgeable so the feds could prove tha she knows more then she does.

I would think the lawyer would handle this if something happens to Tony...that is ifhe doesn't steal it first!

Tony does say two ways of going out...Jail or DEAD

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 11:38 PM

I liked Carm's new hairdo, and that Daniella is quite a piece of Federal Agent ass. I'd love to see Tony hook up with her and discover the wire when he rips her shirt off.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/16/02 11:48 PM

Don Corpuzzi,

That's kind of what I think may happen. Tony will go for her and find her out. But I think she might end up falling for Tony. And perhaps not bust him. Just a theory!

TIS

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/17/02 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Pisano:

I am sorry to hear about your surgery. I had five operations when I was a baby. Thank God everything is okay now.

Paul
Thanks Paul. Considering I should be dead by now, but
somehow appear to have beaten the odds, I'm not complaining.
Posted By: Oblong

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/17/02 02:50 PM

Forget Tony, I want to see Adrianna and the agent hook up.

I forgot all about the capo who flipped. Between him and Adrianna's girlfriend, things are looking grim. Did you see Carmella check herself when she thought Furio was at the door? I hope he doesn't do the foolish thing and eventually get whacked. He's one of the best characters on the show.

Also, I think Paulie is being set up big time. Johnny Sac knows he has him by the tails. He'll end up caught in the middle with no friends.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/17/02 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oblong:
Forget Tony, I want to see Adrianna and the agent hook up.

I forgot all about the capo who flipped. Between him and Adrianna's girlfriend, things are looking grim. Did you see Carmella check herself when she thought Furio was at the door? I hope he doesn't do the foolish thing and eventually get whacked. He's one of the best characters on the show.

Also, I think Paulie is being set up big time. Johnny Sac knows he has him by the tails. He'll end up caught in the middle with no friends.
Things looked bad last year when they planted the lamp in Tony's house. But it went no where. Things look worse this season.

I hope nothing happens between Carmella and Furio.
That would be a pretty dumb plot if you ask me.

Johnny Sac is definitely up to something. I think he is more of a threat to Tony right now, than the Feds. Paulie might get caught in the middle, and have to chose sides. In reality, he's too stupid to see that Johnny is using him, which isn't good.
Everyone might be getting set up for a "swerve" though. It looks too obvious that Paulie is going to go against Tony, but in the end, he could be the one that saves Tony's ass if he knows about a move against him.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/17/02 04:40 PM

I erred in a couple of my posts regarding previews for next episode (got some of who-said-what-to-whom screwed up!). At any rate, for anyone interested, I've since corrected 'em.

Oblong: I totally missed the thing you mentioned about Carmella sprucing up for Furio. Luckily, I taped it, so I'll be sure and check that out (thanks, man!). I hope that doesn't go anywhere. Save for the snortin' coke before Livia's wake, I've had a high regard for Furio. He's one of the few I almost completely trust! I'd hate to see him get whacked, especially for something foolish.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/17/02 04:46 PM

Quote:
Johnny Sac is definitely up to something. I think he is more of a threat to Tony right now, than the Feds. Paulie might get caught in the middle, and have to chose sides. In reality, he's too stupid to see that Johnny is using him, which isn't good.
Everyone might be getting set up for a "swerve" though. It looks too obvious that Paulie is going to go against Tony, but in the end, he could be the one that saves Tony's ass if he knows about a move against him.
That last statement's a great speculation, J.L. That never even crossed my mind, and you could be right on the money. Something's definitely gonna happen because there's just too much emphasis being put on Paulie's rubbing elbows with Johnny Sack. And you're right: poor Paulie is naive...ripe pickings for someone as sharp as Johnny Sack.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/17/02 06:42 PM

I think Paulie is naive but he's also loyal and old school. If he thought for a second that something wasn't right with Johnny Sac, I bet he'd warn Tony. His beef with Tony is business. I know that in the mob business is life/death but I don't think we've reached that point yet. I think you guys are on to something. Paulie may be the one to save the day.

What I find interesting is that Chris thinks that he's on the outs with Tony, yet Tony's got big plans for him. Those drugs are messing with his mind. Just like we saw in Goodfellas, they are making him paranoid.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/17/02 07:03 PM

Quote:
I think Paulie is naive but he's also loyal and old school. If he thought for a second that something wasn't right with Johnny Sac, I bet he'd warn Tony. His beef with Tony is business. I know that in the mob business is life/death but I don't think we've reached that point yet. I think you guys are on to something. Paulie may be the one to save the day.
I agree with everything you said except I think Paulie is starting to take it personally. When Tony ruled against him he took it personally. He thinks Tony treats him like a child.
Posted By: Tattaglia's a Pimp

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/17/02 07:14 PM

While Chris was paranoid, I think killing the cop helped him realize that he isn't on the outs with Tony (hopefully, for him).

Tony is getting a lot more paranoid, though, with the stashing money bit.

I don't understand why they were spending time with the undercover agent's home life. For the first 3 seasons, we know nothing about the Feds, except they bungle everything, and now they are showing us the life of one of the agents? Unless they are building to a Donnie Brasco-ish dilemma for her, there doesn't seem to be a point to making us like the Feds.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/17/02 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tattaglia's a Pimp:
While Chris was paranoid, I think killing the cop helped him realize that he isn't on the outs with Tony (hopefully, for him).

I don't understand why they were spending time with the undercover agent's home life. For the first 3 seasons, we know nothing about the Feds, except they bungle everything, and now they are showing us the life of one of the agents? Unless they are building to a Donnie Brasco-ish dilemma for her, there doesn't seem to be a point to making us like the Feds.
Hi,
In season 3 the first episode dealt with the feds and was a bit lame. I thought they were going to repeat the same thing with the premiere of season 4. Thankfully they didn't.

Paul

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/17/02 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tattaglia's a Pimp:

I think the reason they're showing her homelife is that she's about to change. Something is going to happen with/to her. I don't it's to make us like the feds. It's to set up a future twist. Hopefully it won't just be another lose end.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/17/02 08:35 PM

it could have been for comic relief and to emphasize that she was an agent.

Where did they get those Stewardesses from? How come that never happens when I travel? That was some pretty hot lesbo action, pushing the limits. They fuzzed it out as she went down.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/17/02 11:24 PM

Quote:
That was some pretty hot lesbo action, pushing the limits. They fuzzed it out as she went down.
I love lookin' at a good-lookin' lady as much as anyone, but frankly I think they could've done without that scene. It was unrealistic anyway; after all, since when does Tony do nothing but watch??

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/18/02 05:35 AM

Yooz guys (and gals!) are pretty smawt - you're on top of things!

My question is, when are they gonna handle the missing Russian? Obviously that's what's gonna decide Paulie's fate. *sigh* I love Paulie - he can't get whacked!! Johnny Sack probably can't even help him then!

Furio and Carmella - OMG say it isn't so! I don't think it'll go that way (at least I hope not) if she's in such pseudo-denial about Tony's business.

Next week's preview has Meadow saying she's taking a year off school. I guess they want her around the house this season for some reason. Will Chris get her (back) into drugs, like Season 1?

Silvio was busted at the end of Season 3, but we see Paulie in county jail? He's not a rat, now, is he? Is he gonna get whacked so he can have more time for the Bruce tour?

Janice and Ralphie - sheesh! she likes the Aprile crew, eh? That'll get Ralphie whacked, no doubt! But we already knew that was coming at some point!

Bacala a captain? Holy spummoni - fuggedaboutit! (He's lost TONS of weight, though! But I think he gave it all to Janice )

Ahh well - it's only the first episode... we'll see, pop, we'll see! (And we'll see our predictions - those without "edited by" in them - like mine )

JG

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/18/02 05:46 AM

PS The Official Sopranos Site lists Silvio as Tony's consiglieri - that's some bump!

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/18/02 12:19 PM

JGeoff, he's been consiglieri since early season 2. Remember when he bumped up Paulie and Silvio but not Pussy? That's when the change occured, I think.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/18/02 02:38 PM

I thought Sil and Paulie were both bumped up to captain - they were equal. But now Sil is consiglieri, and there's only one of those...

JG

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/18/02 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
I thought Sil and Paulie were both bumped up to captain - they were equal. But now Sil is consiglieri, and there's only one of those...
JG
I know Sil has been listed as Consiglieri for a while now. I don't remember if they ever showed anything on the show, of him him getting the position.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/18/02 10:09 PM

Rucker's book also listed Silvio as consigliere, but as I said, it's been inaccurate time and again on other matters. The ol' FBI bulletin board listed Baccala as a mere "soldier," so I'm not sure what his promotion title is. BTW, J Geoff: Paulie was busted on a weapons possession charge (the weapon had been used in a murder 8 years before), but you may have caught that. At any rate, I'd heard somewhere that Tony Sirico refused to play a character if the role ended up turning into a rat. Could be just a rumor, though. Also, according to the TV Guide Companion for the show (again, not the most accurate publication), the missing Russian isn't even going to make an appearance this season. I don't know if that means he died somewhere, or they're just going to leave another "loose end." Mighty large end to leave loose, though, if ya' ask me. Well, as you stated, "we'll see."
Posted By: Wiseguy_1872

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/19/02 02:52 PM

This is my understanding. I believe Silvio has been consiglere for awhile. During Season 1, when Junior was officially in charge - Tony would not have had a consiglere. I guess Silvio was officially just a soldier in Season 1, same as Paulie.

But thinking back to Season 1, Tony would sometimes discuss things with Silvio, before the others. In Season 1 Tony was often running things. (While Jackie Aprile was ill and then behind Junior's back after Junior becomes boss.)

Silvio's advisory role would have officially turned into consiglere after Junior becomes a guest of the government and Tony becames the official 'street' boss. I think its never officially confirmed in the show - just assumed that we understand this when Season 2 is underway.

Thinking back to the third episode of Season 2, remember that scene when Richie Aprile is supposed to talk to Tony outside Satrioles.When Richie starts talking about getting his action back, Tony walks off and just says 'Sil.'Silvio sits infront of Richie and tells him that "No more talkin business with the skipper directly anymore, U can talk to him, but not now and never here!!

I think it's very significant that it is Silvio who steps in here, acting like a consiglere might do. This is before Paulie gets upped to Capo in Season 2, Episode 5 and suggests to me that Silvio is more senior to Paulie until that point.

Also, I think it was significant in Season 2 that some of Pussy's resentment is directed at Paulie. Particularly when Paulie gets upped to 'Capo.' In Season 2, fifth episode - Pussy is talking to his FBI handler Skip about the way he is now being treated. He says "Silvio, I understand, but Paulie." Skip dismisses it with his comment that Paulie is probably just "dizzy from too much hairspray." (Of course if Pussy had not gone AWOL in Season 1 and been under serious suspicion ever since then, I think Tony would have upped him rather than Paulie. Not that Paulie's slightly nuts or anything )

So I think Silvio is officially consiglere, as soon as Junior is imprisoned at end of Season 1 - when Tony becomes the boss.

But I could be wrong.

(P.S - Sorry about the long answer)

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/19/02 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:

(copied from the HBO website):

Silvio's function in the Soprano crew is as consigliere to Tony, a task to which he's well suited. Like the other members of Tony's inner circle, he's been around the business his entire life. Unlike Tony's other confidantes, however, Silvio is not a slave to his impulses. He's an even-tempered, reasonable man; capable of seeing a situation from all angles and giving Tony a solid read of it.
Posted By: smr-nj

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/19/02 07:01 PM

Hey, to any of the other ladies here on the forum, I've got to ask........

Am I the only one that noticed Carmela "primping" in the window of her oven when she heard the knock on the door, and Christopher walked in?
She immediately asked " Where's Furio ? "

Carmela's got the hots for Furio.... Wonder if it's an affair waiting to happen?

- Sue

btw, a friend just recommended this site to me. I've just checked around here a bit, and I dig it.
You guys look like you have some interesting discussions.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/19/02 07:15 PM

Hey, this is my girl Sue here. Youse guys all better be good. She's from Jersey and I always tease her about being related to Paulie Walnuts. She'll put a hit on you so fast... It won't be a Jackie Jr. type hit, more like a Matt Bevilaqua here's your last drink type of hit.

Expect to see more of the both of us now that the Sopranos are on full time. That's the best show on TV and this is a great way to share in it.

Actually Sue teases me for wishing I was Italian.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/19/02 07:19 PM

Ha.
I told ya , Rob.... I'm making you an honorary paisan (I'll adopt you - I can use another brother) and when you come to Jersey on business I'll show you what REAL Italian food tastes like.

(... Detroit : Land of Little Caesar's pizza. Yeah. Like that looks edible. :rolleyes: )

ciao, bella.

-Sue

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/19/02 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by smr-nj:
Carmela's got the hots for Furio.... Wonder if it's an affair waiting to happen?
First it was Father Phil, now Furio.....I think Carm has an "F" fetish. :rolleyes:

I don't think anything would come of it.....Furio ain't that stupid.

Welcome to the boards, Sue.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/19/02 07:29 PM

Hi,
Welcome to the board Sue. I once lived across the river from you in New York.

Paul

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/19/02 07:36 PM

Hi SC, Paul -

I don't know, SC..... Furio could be that stupid. Hard to tell. (Anyone who wears a mullet is suspect in my book. ha.)

Paul - I was born and raised in the Bronx, but haven't lived in NY in a whole lotta years. (more than 20)

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/19/02 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by smr-nj:
Hi SC, Paul -

I don't know, SC..... Furio [b]could
be that stupid. Hard to tell. (Anyone who wears a mullet is suspect in my book. ha.)

Paul - I was born and raised in the Bronx, but haven't lived in NY in a whole lotta years. (more than 20)[/b]
Hi,
My Mother was born and raised in the Bronx. Now we live in Florida. She reminds me how hot it is everyday.

Paul

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/19/02 09:42 PM

Welcome to the board, Sue. Actually, when I was reading your post I thought it was the Don because of the Yankees avatar. Threw me for a loop there.

Anyway, I seem to recall that in one of the earlier seasons someone mentioned how Tony grew up with Silvio or knew him when he was younger, while Paulie was a guy that came up with Johnny Boy Soprano's crew. I think that it would be very logical for Tony to choose an old friend as his consigliere, rather than one of his pop's old soldiers.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/20/02 02:11 AM

Welcome to the best bulletin board on the 'Net, Sue! I hope Furio isn't that stupid. He's one of the few who seem true-blue and loyal. On the other hand, his snorting coke at Livia's funeral lost him some smart-points in my book, so you could have a point. And thanks to a certain wallpaper-hanger in season 2 (and a priest in season 1), we all know how weak Carmela can be! Let's hope for the best, though!
Posted By: Don Brannuccio

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/22/02 02:20 AM

So we know from the previews for Episode 41 that Meadow might be taking a year off from college. Guessing that she might move back in with Mom and Dad Soprano, where might the lamp she had in her dorm room last year end up? Any chance this will come back to help the Feds?

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/22/02 07:15 PM

Tonight's Episode: "No-Show" The HBO comments say that Christopher is to become 'acting capo.' I'm assuming he'll head up Paulie's crew while Paulie cools his jets in the city jail. Between that, Meadow, Danielle, Janice & Ralphie, and Danielle, oughta' be interesting!

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/22/02 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Snake:
[b]Tonight's Episode: "No-Show" The HBO comments say that Christopher is to become 'acting capo.' I'm assuming he'll head up Paulie's crew while Paulie cools his jets in the city jail. Between that, Meadow, Danielle, Janice & Ralphie, and Danielle, oughta' be interesting! [/b]
Can't wait to see what happens Snake!!

Even more of a reason for Paulie to jump ship and go to the other side.

As for Danielle and Tony hope to see a remake of them going at it like Al Pacino and Ellen Barkin in "Sea of Love" up against the wall baby!!

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/22/02 07:36 PM

I hope Christopher doesn't become "acting capo". I think he's too high all the time and sure isn't ready for it. However, it will make it interesting. I really kind of thought Tony would be more upset about his drug problem. I can't believe he doesn't know.

TIS

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/22/02 07:43 PM

Quote:

I really kind of thought Tony would be more upset about his drug problem. I can't believe he doesn't know.

TIS
He may not know yet or he may suspect but when he finds out.....look out Chris

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/22/02 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Luca Brasi:
As for Danielle and Tony hope to see a remake of them going at it like Al Pacino and Ellen Barkin in "Sea of Love" up against the wall baby!!
Man! What a scene!

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/22/02 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Snake:
[quote]Originally posted by Luca Brasi:
[b]As for Danielle and Tony hope to see a remake of them going at it like Al Pacino and Ellen Barkin in "Sea of Love" up against the wall baby!!
Man! What a scene! [/b][/quote]That's just the way I like it!!

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/23/02 02:12 AM

Wow!"No-Show" didn't disappoint! I certainly expected Danielle to be undercover throughout most of the season...but, voila'! and she's an FBI agent! Adriana's reaction to the news was certainly understandable...and graphic! Funny it didn't show Adriana in the previews for next week...
I definitely think Patsy's gonna have to go. And what's the deal with Silvio? Is he just pissed because Christopher got 'acting capo' rather than Patsy? As Tony said, a week before and Silvio was wanting Patsy whacked! Next week is poor Junior's trial. That'll be a good laugh or two, I'm sure! And yeah, I did catch Carmela still primping for Furio!

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/23/02 04:01 AM

What do you think Adriana will do? I say that the Feds should cut her a deal. She gets naked and they drop all charges against her.

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/23/02 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Corpuzzi:
What do you think Adriana will do? I say that the Feds should cut her a deal. She gets naked and they drop all charges against her.
I think her days are numbered. Should get real interesting if/when Christopher finds out what is going on. Imagine if Tony tells Chris she has to go?
Posted By: howardsternisgod

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/23/02 05:29 AM

It'll be interesting to see what the Feds do to Adriana...I mean, she's fucked both ways! She can either co-operate or sit in jail...hmmm, what's the better choice?

I think it'll be great to see what Tony does to Christopher when he finds out about his drug habit...sooner or later they're gonna be at a bath-house or sauna or something, and Christopher is gonna slip his shoes off...you know something's gonna go down when that happens...

And Junior's trial will be fucking hilarious, no doubt!

Edit: Oh, and how funny was it when Meadow goes to the psychologist and she ends up saying she should go to Europe...on top of that, she says she'll give her a recommendation! HAHAHA! Irony at its greatest.
Posted By: Don Brannuccio

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/23/02 05:56 AM

Gotta love Moltisanti tonight:

Adrianna: "You were sayin' she had a nice ass"

Christopher: "I was trying to say something positive.....she's your friend"

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/23/02 06:21 AM

Hi guys! Well at 7:15 p.m. here in California I see this thread starts getting active and I am still waiting for 9:00 to get here and don't enter this thread until later or the next day!
:rolleyes:

Yes, good show tonight all right! What's the deal with Silvio?? He outright lied to Tony saying that tile business was a "misunderstanding". I thought he was a loyal friend to Tony. And why did Silvio give Tony the money???

And Adrianna getting sick!!! Great shot wasn't it? How much does she really know though? I mean I'm sure she could give the feds some info, but is she really that well informed? And Tony asking Janice about her boyfriend and Janice saying "what the hell business is it of yours", and Tony says, "considering the fact I dragged your last one thru the kitchen floor in a hefty bag, I think it is my business." Great line!!!

I sure did notice Carmella primping up for Furio too! I hope she doesn't "go for him." It's really hard to tell, as I am finding out on this show anything can happen.

Yes, and Christopher, what a jerk, feeling up Danielle while making out with Adrianna. I tell you, he is really careless, not just because of that scene, but I think the drugs will take over unless he straightens out.

TIS

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/23/02 06:28 PM

Great posts everyone!

I think they want it so you can not trust anyone anymore. One by one they all have a reason to be whacked or they look like they are going in that direction. AJ is the only safe one so far. He hasn't done much....

You can always tell how great a show is by how quick it feels the hour went by....Bam it was over.

Meadow does book classes tho...I was sure that it was going to be a "History of The Mafia" class at first.....

I now tape the shows so I can go back and catch some of the things said here. I missed her in front of the oven when the doorbell rings...good catch whoever said that last week!

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/23/02 07:33 PM

I too thought that Meadow was going to sign up for a History of the Mafia class. Especially since she was talking to that shrink about how she's tired of having to say her dad is a waste management consultant.

That episode was so great that I had to watch it twice. I mentioned it before, but Carm's new hairdo is great. Makes her look even more atttractive. And whoever decided that Meadow was going to walk around in a bikini top is a genius.

I was hoping that Danielle would be undercover for longer than she was. She was an interesting character and there was a lot of potential. I'm sure that a lot of us were thinking that she was going to be found out by Tony's crew, but in fact it was the exact opposite.
Posted By: Don_oF_Miami

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/24/02 02:17 AM

Looks like Carmela has the hots for Furio. Notice how she fixed her hair in the first episode of this season and how she was doing it again in this episode only more obvious? I guess this is the connected guy Carm developes a crush on this season. Hope nothing gets outve hand cause Id hate to see Furio get killed over this.
Posted By: Donnette Porky

Re: Season 4 Discussion (SPOILERS!) - 09/24/02 04:07 PM

Where the hell have I been? I saw my very first episode yesterday and I already can't wait for next Sunday. One hour is too short.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET