Home

Favourite Sopranos Moment

Posted By: Wiseguy_1872

Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/06/02 10:25 PM

I apologise if this has been done before.
I know we have a lot of Sopranos Fans out there.

I thought it might be fun if everyone said what their favourite scene in the Sopranos seasons
was and why.

My favourite is in Season 2 when Paulie gets spooked about what Chris Moltianti sees in hell/purgatory and his girlfriend suggests a psychic.

That guy was so spooky it was great - superb acting. Those mad eyes as he talked to Paulie's first hit across the room. And Paulie just panics shouts "F****** weirdos' and throws a chair across the room.

What was even funnier was when he complains to his local preist. Because Paulie was paying for lots of church improvements over the years
" I should have had immunity from this shit"!

How about it everyone?
Favourite Soprano moment & why?
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/06/02 11:02 PM

Man good question Wiseguy_1872

I'll have to give this one some more thought.
Posted By: Snake

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/06/02 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wiseguy_1872:
My favourite is in Season 2 when Paulie gets spooked about what Chris Moltianti sees in hell/purgatory and his girlfriend suggests a psychic. That guy was so spooky it was great - superb acting. Those mad eyes as he talked to Paulie's first hit across the room. And Paulie just panics shouts "F****** weirdos' and throws a chair across the room. What was even funnier was when he complains to his local preist. Because Paulie was paying for lots of church improvements over the years
Classic, Wise Guy, classic That would get my vote as the funniest, for sure! (Second would be the poison ivy thing in Mikey P.'s hit!)

I've only seen the first 2 seasons, so I'm a little unqualified to give an accurate assessment. But I'd have to say my favorite scene thus far is:
*** SPOILER *** SPOILER *** SPOILER ***
When Janice pops a cap in Richie Aprile. Man! That was so shocking the first time I saw it, and made me feel so friggin' great! The look on Richie's face after that first shot said it all!
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/07/02 12:30 AM

Hay snak...maybe you should put some space between the spoiler heading and the spoiler...
Like this.....it spoiled it for me!
us speed readers forget to stop....fast enough.
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/07/02 12:36 AM

When they tried to computer generate Livia Soprano,because Nancy Marchand had died and they didnt drop her character off the show yet.

It looks really bad,and its very funny.
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/07/02 01:43 AM

I liked it when Uncle Junior got his hand stuck in the sink that was a funny moment. Then when Big Pussy got Whacked.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/07/02 01:46 AM

Quote:

My favourite is in Season 2 when Paulie gets spooked about what Chris Moltianti sees in hell/purgatory and his girlfriend suggests a psychic.

And Paulie just panics shouts "F****** weirdos' and throws a chair across the room.

What was even funnier was when he complains to his local preist. Because Paulie was paying for lots of church improvements over the years

How about it everyone?
Favourite Soprano moment & why?
I have to go with that one too! Runner up is the Russian Episode from last season when Chris and Paulie take the guy to New Jersy to kill him and everything gets out of control. " AN interior decorator!" LOL! Another classic episode!

Don Cardi

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/07/02 02:02 AM

Well I've given it some thought and I always liked the moment from season 1. When Tony is taking Meadow on the tour of colleges, and he sees a stool pigeon, which he kills later in the episode.

That's always been a very cool moment at least for me.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/07/02 05:16 AM

I thought the best scene (among many, many) was when Furio and Tony confronted Uncle J's doctor on the golf course and intimidated him into returning Uncle J's calls. Furio smacks him on the head and says, "Dere is a bee on yur kep!" Also says golf is "a stupid facking game." Great stuff! In another episode, Carm tells Tony to make sure he doesn't impregnate or get venerial disease from his goumad, Tony gets indignant: "I had her tested for AIDS!" he shouts, "what kinda guy do you think I am???" (My sister characterized that as "twisted male logic.")
Posted By: The Last Don

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/07/02 09:43 AM

when uncle junior calls directory
and she goes "what name please?"
junior - "romano in bellville"
lady- "wat suburb please?"
junior- "BELLVILLE C*CKSUCKER!" i
i was litteraly on the ground laughing

hahaha lol
last don

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/07/02 04:27 PM

Don Cardi,

I too love that scene when Paulie and Chris take the East European guy to the woods.

That is Paulie at his funniest. I think Tony warns Paulie about the guy telling him that
the guy used to be assassin for the Checynan
Interior Ministry.

If Paulie had a normal brain he'd understand that
what the Interior Ministry is.

But no Paulie tells Christopher that the guy is a Czechlosovakian interior decorator.

I think Chris says something like:
"Really, his place looked like shit!!!"

THey weren't even supposed to try & kill the guy.

What can you say? Making Paulie a capo was always going to be dangerous!

P.S - Strange as this may sound I believe that the actor Steve Buscemi was brought in to direct this espisode. I can see how his mind would love to play with that kind of script.
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/07/02 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Last Don:
when uncle junior calls directory

hahaha lol
last don
That was some funny stuff Uncle Junior is a funny old man thats for sure. What episode was that? I forgot.
Posted By: Snake

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/07/02 08:25 PM

That was a chuckle, Palentino! I'm thinking it was in "House Arrest" in season 2, but I can't swear to it.

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/07/02 10:52 PM

Uncle Junior is funny, but his jokes are so bad.

He's got this thing about the Chinese community.

When he goes to the eye doctor with Bobby Baccaleri, Junior tells this joke:

Uncle Junior: "A China man goes to the eyedoctor.
The eyedoctor says "I think I know what the problem is. You have a catarax"
The chinaman says "No, I drive a Lincoln."

Baccaleri just nods his head.

Uncle Junior: Don't you get it.

Baccaleri:(doesn't laugh) So, he drives a Lincoln.

Another 1 of Junior's bad jokes.

"What happened to the Chinese Godfather"
"He made them an offer they couldn't understand"
Posted By: SC

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/08/02 01:17 AM

*** *** *** SPOILER *** *** *** SPOILER *** *** SPOILER *** *** ***

The episode in which Paullie and Chris are in the pine barrens, eating the ketchup packets is the funniest I've seen. Paullie asks Chris if he has some relish, too, and his disheveled hair and hungry look crack me up.

Uncle Junior singing "Core'ngrato" ("Ungrateful Heart") at the end of the last episode is a truly heart rendering scene, but my favorite episode is when Dr. Melfi gets attacked, and you wonder through the rest of the show if she'll tell Tony. It was one of the best hours of dramatic television I've ever seen.
Posted By: The Last Don

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/08/02 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonPalentino:
[quote]Originally posted by The Last Don:
[b]when uncle junior calls directory

hahaha lol
last don
That was some funny stuff Uncle Junior is a funny old man thats for sure. What episode was that? I forgot.[/b][/quote]yeah i dont know what episode it was but yeh great moment :p

last don

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/08/02 10:12 AM

I love the episode in Season 2 "Commendatori"
(apologise for spelling)when the guys go to Italy.

Paulie really pisses Tony off, because he won't stop commenting and asking Tony questions when Tony is in the middle of conversation with people.

Tony: "What's with you. Can't you see I'm taking. You're like a fucking child with the pussy and the food. We're getting a free ride here. You know how these people are with formalities."

Paulie sends back his octopus for "spaghetti with gravy." Then, he's got that bad habit of walking up to any old guy he sees and aying "Commendatori"
He does it in a cafe and they ignore him.

He does it on the seafront and upsets 1 old guy
who says in Italian

"Are you from Nato, you broke our ski cable"

Paulie just says "I'm an American"

I would never put Paulie in a sensitive situation.
He can only make things worse,but you gotta admire the guy.
Posted By: Biggtone23

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/08/02 09:33 PM

I don't get HBO so I only recently got to watch a full season of the show when I bought the First season on DVD. So there probably is better scenes than this but my current favorite is in the eposide "Boca" when Tony makes fun of Junior for giving um, oral pleasure to his girlfriend.

"What's that smell? Did you guys go to a sushi bar for lunch or something"

"Oh, Junior your in the muff, oh I meant rough"

That was some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen on TV
Posted By: CharlieLucifer

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/10/02 08:52 AM

JG...

[Tony ([singing]) - South of the border... where the tuna fish play!]

My favourite part in Sopranos is...

-

*spoilers*
The death of Matthew Bevilaqua.
*/spoilers*

-Lucky

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/12/02 12:52 AM

The Godfather is a family story, without getting into the specifics of crime.

Goodfellas gets deeply into the crime specifics - it also shows family life, but only in the internal world of gangsters. Remember Karen commenting - how they only went to each other's houses.

The great thing about the Sopranos is that we get to see these mobsters as seriously tough guys in matters of crime - but you see their characters in social situations.

Like with Silivio and Tony attending their daughters' soccer and other sports games.
The thing with Silvio is how calm the guy is in matters of business - blowing up Artie's restaurant and whacking Jimmy Alteri.

But competitive sports - fuggedaboditt!!
At the soccer game he threatens to stick the whistle right up the referee's ass if he gives out more yellow cards to his daughter's team.
Then in the Executive Game - he totally goes bananas when he starts losing. Who could forget
Silvio's comments to the Beviluqa kid who innocently tries to clean up.

" I like cheese at my feet, I put it in my socks at night so they smell like your sister's crotch in the morning" and
" Hey you, CHEESE FUCK - bring me some food"

Then there's Paulie - in Season 1 I could only think of him in terms of a psycho.

But remember in Season 2 how we find out the guy's been paying for repairs to the local church
for years. (OK, he did have certain motives about heading upwards when he dies!)

In one therapy session with Melfi Tony complains about how Paulie annoys him sometimes, such as his humming of TV adverts all the time. Also at Christmas Paulie apparently sends everyone in the crew typed reports about what his nephews
and nieces have been doing in the past 12 months.
Like - who got a hole in one and who got into West Point. Though Paulie doesn't have his own kids, I'm sure with his 'earnings' that he has helped make it possible for his nieces and nephews to do what they're doing.

Then there's Silvio's Michael Corleone impressions. Genius!
Posted By: corleone

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/15/02 08:11 PM

i love meadow
Posted By: Blake

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/15/02 08:59 PM

A chinese guy goes to the optometrist and the optometrist says you've got cadderacks and the chinese guy says no I've got a rinken.

Not to funny

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/16/02 04:09 AM

rinken?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/16/02 05:03 AM

Though it's not my "favorite," one of the most powerful and disturbing scenes in "Sopranos" was when Melfi was raped. Not only was the rape far more brutal and disturbing than the usual run-of-the-mill stylized TV/Hollywood violence, but the agony Melfi suffered afterwards was powerfully portrayed. After the "justice system" let the perp walk because of a screw-up, we saw Melfi--who had already been having problems with her feelings for Tony--agonizing about whether to tell Tony, which would have assured that the perp got rough justice, but would have forever changed her relationship with him, probably for the worse. In the end, she showed tremendous courage by resisting the temptation and maintaining her professional detachment. I had mostly given up on the Melfi character to that point, but she made a strong comeback in that episode.
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 08/02/02 08:51 PM

I started a thread like this around 6 months ago, but since then I've seen season 3 and it's worth revisiting.

My favorite scene is still from season 1 when Tony is visiting Jackie Aprile in the hospital, and that "nurse" comes in to check his "vital signs." Then her breasts pop out of her shirt while they're pressed against his face and then Jackie realizes that she's no ordinary health care provider.

Another favorite is when Tony is running the executive card game and Matt Bevilaqua is trying to sweep up the mess underneath Silvio's chair. Then an annoyed Silvio tells Matt to leave the cheese there. He says something about how he stuffs cheese in his socks so it smells like his sister's crotch or something along those lines.

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 08/03/02 02:27 AM

Sorry if I have repeated your thread Don Corpuzzi.

I think you'll agree that there is plenty of material from the show.

[B]SPOILER *************** SPOLIER *********

One of my favourite moments is during the Season
1 episode Meadowlands, when Anthony Junior gets to grips with the fact that Tony is into a little more than waste management. A kid in his class withdraws from fighting him, in the knowledge of what happens to people who mess with the Sopranos.

Meadow explains about Tony's other family. She shows him a website where Jackie Aprile's name comes up alongside other leading organised crime figures. At Jackie Aprile's funeral Meadow gives Anthony Junior a knowing look as he takes in the FBI checking out who is in attendance. That scene is beautifully acted - with Tony giving his concerned looking son a reassuring smile. The
music is also great - I don't remember the title of the song. Does anyone?

In a later episode in the season he comments how "Uncle Paulie" and "Uncle Silvio" look kind of weird.

You said it kid!!!!

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 08/03/02 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
Though it's not my "favorite," one of the most powerful and disturbing scenes in "Sopranos" was when Melfi was raped. Not only was the rape far more brutal and disturbing than the usual run-of-the-mill stylized TV/Hollywood violence, but the agony Melfi suffered afterwards was powerfully portrayed. After the "justice system" let the perp walk because of a screw-up, we saw Melfi--who had already been having problems with her feelings for Tony--agonizing about whether to tell Tony, which would have assured that the perp got rough justice, but would have forever changed her relationship with him, probably for the worse. In the end, she showed tremendous courage by resisting the temptation and maintaining her professional detachment. I had mostly given up on the Melfi character to that point, but she made a strong comeback in that episode.
I can agree with this one. When Melfi was raped by that lowlife, a part of me wanted her to tell Tony real bad. Cause I knew full well that the lowlife who raped her would get justice Mob Style. But I have to agree she showed tremendous courage to keep her mouth shut and not to tell Tony.

I have also liked this one scene from season 2 can't remember which episode it came from. But Tony & Carmela are in bed discussing Meadow, when she got caught having a party in her grandmothers house.

And Tony says. "If she finds out we're powerless we're f*cked"

I laughed so hard when I first heard that, I thought I was going to die. it was real tough catching my breath after that one.

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 08/03/02 04:15 AM

Quote:
One of my favourite moments is during the Season
1 episode Meadowlands, when Anthony Junior gets to grips with the fact that Tony is into a little more than waste management. A kid in his class withdraws from fighting him, in the knowledge of what happens to people who mess with the Sopranos.

I can also agree with this one Wiseguy. Yeah Anthony Junior thought he was tough, until he realized why the other kid backed down. It wasn't because of him, it was because of who he was rather who his father was.

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 08/03/02 09:40 PM

One of my favourite humourous moments is when
Pussy and Paulie get sent on a mission to find
Anthony Jr's science teacher's stolen Saturn.

********SPOLIER*********SPOILER********SPOILER

They end up making enquires about the thieves in
a coffee republic- type place. Paulie becomes disgusted that the Italian people missed out on
this:-

"espresso, cappucino - we invented this shit, it's not just the money it's a pride thing........all these c***s*ckers are getting rich off it.......all our food......they ate putzy before we gave them the gift of our cuisine, but this, this is the worse, this espresso shit!"

Pussy tells him that that's "enough with the rape of the culture" and with that Paulie steals a coffee filter from the display.

Paulie - defender of Italian cuisine & culture??
Posted By: Luca Brasi

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 08/04/02 07:48 PM

My favorite episode is when Janice whacks Richie and Chris and Furio are dismembering his body before the deli shop opens.

Chris says, " I'll never eat here again." or something of that sort. That was a true classic scene.

Let's not forget the infamous scene of Tony's girlfriend standing at the door of the bedroom wearing her new cowboy boots Tony bought her! she is so HOT!
Posted By: Knocc Out

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 08/04/02 11:08 PM

My fav episode, was probably series 1 finale or the one steve buscemi directed

Favourite Scene ?? - tough one, maybe when mikey palmice gets his, or all of the parts with Chris and Paulie in the woods, also something i found funny was before Mikey gets killed, i cant remember his exact words, but he has a row with his wife and he basically tells her to go F*ck herself, then when shes on the news she says, "The Last Thing He Said Before He Left Was That He Loved Me"

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 08/05/02 09:15 PM

I like the clever references to mob movies,
particularly to Goodfellas. Christopher Imperioli
who played Spider in Goodfellas and plays Chris Molitisanti in the Sopranos is a fantastic actor.
Two references to Goodfellas come to mind.

********SPOILIER********SPOILER*********SPOILER
When Chris stops off to get some pastries for the
guys at the bakery and the serving guy lets
someone jump him in the queue. Chris is
seriously pissed off.
"Do I look like a p*ssy to you!!!!"
So angry that he has to shoot the guy in the foot.
"Next time you see my face - show some respect"

Of course it echoes the Goodfellas incident when
Tommy shoots Spider in the foot. It was a huge pleasure to see that Sopranos scene for the first time - with the memory of Spider.

Had me chuckling for a while!!
Fantastic irony that Chris Moltisanti is a self confessed Joe Pesci diehard fan.

Chris is having nightmares that he f*cked up clipping Emil (E-mail) Colon. He decides to dig the body up to check. Having established that the guy is dead - though he now has a beard and women's fingernails, Chris decides to move the stiff to a new resting place. The words he use
beautifully remind us of digging up Billy Batts' body in Goodfellas following Jimmy's info about
condominiums and "having to get it out of there"

Chris Moltisanti:
"Help me lift him, we'll take him down the pine barrens before they build a f*cking condo here"

Genius writing. Absolute genius.
Posted By: Santino

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 08/06/02 10:48 PM

I like in Season 1, when Silvio asks Tony if it were a problem if the suits that Chris and Brendan stole didn't go back. Tony, already infuriated that Chris and Brendan stole from the truck company after he told him to leave those trucks alone glances at the suit racks and says "Hey I dont see you assholes puttin that rack, that rack and this rack here back on the truck." Whats so funny about this scene is that he told them not to steal anymore, but once he sees how good the suits look, he decides to keep a few of them. I also love it when Paulie and Chris kill Mike Palomice, I couldn't stand this guy. And the best scene is in season 1 when Tony is having an argument with his mother about the retirement community, using all the lines, and phrases that he heard Dr. Melfri use earlier. He found what she said convincing, so he tried to use the same thing to convince his mother, but he screws it up as he is frustrated with her.

Season 3 sucks imhop, and Imma big Sopranos fan, but it just contained far too much therapy and cheating on Carmella with the Mercedes dealer woman.
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 08/07/02 09:59 PM

Aside from having favorite scenes of The Sopranos, what makes the show great is the funny one-liners.

One of my favorite (and I hope this doesn't offend anyone), is when Meadow is trying to convince Tony and Carm that Berkeley is a great school. She says, "There are more Nobel Prize winners in the Bay Area than anywhere else in the world."

Then Tony says, "Nobel Prize in what? Packing Fudge?"

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 08/09/02 03:01 AM

what episodes is the stolen saturn in?
Posted By: Blake

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 08/09/02 04:07 AM

I like the one where tony and his son are in the boat and they tip the canoe with to guys in it!pretty funny

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 08/09/02 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Corleone
what episodes is the stolen saturn in?
Quote:
Think it's Episode 2 46 Long.
Posted By: Don Brannuccio

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 09/22/02 01:41 AM

My favorite Sopranos moment is when Tony passes out upon seeing Uncle Ben, after meeting Meadow's friend Noah.

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 09/22/02 05:47 PM

how about telling us why....I am just wondering why that one?
Posted By: Don Brannuccio

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 09/23/02 05:50 AM

CamillusDon --

For some reason I just thought it was hysterical that Tony's racism is so deep into his subconscious that the mere sight of Uncle Ben smiling at him caused one of his infamous panic attacks. I half expected a later scene of Tony eating pancakes and having an attack at the sight of Aunt Jemima......

Not that I'm condoning racism, just condoning clever writing!

Don Brannuccio

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 09/23/02 05:38 PM

yes, that adds up...like when he has a spell after seeing the coldcuts and remembers his father cutting the butchers hand....
Posted By: smr-nj

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 09/23/02 06:12 PM

So many great episodes / moments, but some of my favorites ( in no particular order ):

• Paulie and Chris lost in the woods. Hilarious.
  • Paulie stealing the espresso maker, cause he's so pissed that these upscale coffee stores "stole" the Italian culture stuff. The look on his face was priceless.
  • When Janice gets hit by Richie .... I saw the look on her face, and remembered thinking "...Richie's a dead man. She's gonna kill him". Other people have told me they were surprised when Janice got her gun and shot Richie. I KNEW she'd kill him, I just didn't know how.
  • Trip to look at colleges with Meadow, ... and so it's not a totally wasted day, Tony gets lucky and is able to settle an old debt by killing a snitch. It's a beautiful thing.

These are just ones that popped into my head now. There are probably a dozen others that deserve a mention here.
Posted By: Oblong

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 09/24/02 09:09 PM

1) I like during season 2 after Christopher gets back from the hospital. The guys are just sitting around in the back when suddenly there's an accident outside. Silvio and Furio go yell at the idiot for speedin gin the neighborhood (it's one of their guys). The FBI guy comes up and starts shooting the shit with Tony about the Nets. Paulie works on his tan. Just a great moment.

2) When Adrianna and Chris are at hte club with Matt and Sean. She starts giving him a hard time and he throws a look at her. SHe says something like "Don't worry, they'll still kiss your ass". They fight some more and she storms out. He yells "Yeah that's right, go make my dinner".

3) Any scene where Bacala says something stupid, but my favorite is when Junior realizes that Richie is not the one to overthrow Tony. He tells Bobby that and Bobby says "I'm in awe of you" but "awe" comes out as "aura".
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 06/15/03 12:29 AM

There are too many to list. One which always springs to mind and the one which I find the funniest is when Paulie, aided by a frantic Christopher, strangles the Russian to "death".

Christopher: "What the fuck!?"

Paulie: "Must have cracked his wind-pipe. That's it for him."

Mick
Posted By: diamond6

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 06/22/03 09:34 PM

For me the best scene is in the legend of tennesee moltisanti, when he pulled the gun on the pastry guy, and made him fill the box with canolli and napoleons. I just thought it was funny he got that mad over something so little, and then instead of his wallet or something he took food.
Posted By: wes2k3

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/22/03 04:38 AM

There's been so many but one of my favorite's is when Silvio executed Jimmy in such fashion. That Silvio is one cool cat!
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Favourite Sopranos Moment - 07/24/03 09:13 PM

Another which I remembered about last night in bed (when watching the episode) came in "Another Toothpick" when Paulie says to Jackie Jr., who is making an awful nuisance of himself: "Better yet, go to the ear nose and troat section and get your hearing checked!"

Mick
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET