Home

Is Tony Soprano a Don?

Posted By: Anthony Spilotro

Is Tony Soprano a Don? - 04/01/02 06:44 PM

They always refer to him as "The Boss", but does that mean he is a Don?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Is Tony Soprano a Don? - 04/02/02 03:07 PM

This is a good question. Although Tony is obviously the boss of his crew and was elevated to "street boss," as Rusty points out, I don't think he ever "officially" assumed Uncle J's position. And Uncle J. had been subordinate to Jackie Aprile. I could be wrong, but I think Jackie was subordinate to some NYC family. So, if you do the hip-bone-connected-to-thigh-bone routine, Tony's probably subordinate to some NYC family, and thus is not a "Don" as we think of Don in the Five Families or Chicago Outfit sense.
Posted By: Ricardo

Re: Is Tony Soprano a Don? - 04/02/02 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
This is a good question. Although Tony is obviously the boss of his crew and was elevated to "street boss," as Rusty points out, I don't think he ever "officially" assumed Uncle J's position. And Uncle J. had been subordinate to Jackie Aprile. I could be wrong, but I think Jackie was subordinate to some NYC family. So, if you do the hip-bone-connected-to-thigh-bone routine, Tony's probably subordinate to some NYC family, and thus is not a "Don" as we think of Don in the Five Families or Chicago Outfit sense.
There's an Aprile on Sopranos? I smell a copyright infringement lawsuit.

Mario's not here to claim it...I will!

I will NOW sue The Sopranos for the RIGHTS to the name Aprile, and I wil STEAL Michael Imperioli to be in one o MY Movies. I plan on making an Omerta!

Tony Soprano *pbbt* whata wiseguy!

Isn't he a Capo anyway?

No disrespect turnbull

Isn't STREET BOSS a Capo/underboss?

Wouldn't Street Boss b aki to Sonny Corleone or Peter Clemenza?
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Is Tony Soprano a Don? - 04/03/02 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ricardo:
[quote]Originally posted by Turnbull:
[b]This is a good question. Although Tony is obviously the boss of his crew and was elevated to "street boss," as Rusty points out, I don't think he ever "officially" assumed Uncle J's position. And Uncle J. had been subordinate to Jackie Aprile. I could be wrong, but I think Jackie was subordinate to some NYC family. So, if you do the hip-bone-connected-to-thigh-bone routine, Tony's probably subordinate to some NYC family, and thus is not a "Don" as we think of Don in the Five Families or Chicago Outfit sense.
There's an Aprile on Sopranos? I smell a copyright infringement lawsuit.

Mario's not here to claim it...I will!

I will NOW sue The Sopranos for the RIGHTS to the name Aprile, and I wil STEAL Michael Imperioli to be in one o MY Movies. I plan on making an Omerta!

Tony Soprano *pbbt* whata wiseguy!

Isn't he a Capo anyway?

No disrespect turnbull

Isn't STREET BOSS a Capo/underboss?

Wouldn't Street Boss b aki to Sonny Corleone or Peter Clemenza?[/b][/quote]Street boss in this basically means that whilst Uncle Junior was under indictment, A Soprano acted as acting boss on the street. Even whilst Uncle J was the boss on the street still, it was Tony Soprano that held the real power. T Soprano prefered it this way, less hassle, less stress and also when the Feds come around it shows he isn't the boss. But in actuality he is.

Ricardo, I don't think you can copyright real names. I'm sure theres thousands of people out there with the name Aprile. No one has the right to a name. It's only if the character is an exact copy or very similar that it is bound for copyright infringments.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET