Home

The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos

Posted By: DonPalentino

The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 03/24/02 10:43 PM

I would have to go with uncle junior he is the funniest old man I have seen in a long time.
Posted By: Snake

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 03/24/02 11:29 PM

I vote for Silvio, with Tony in 2nd!
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 03/25/02 05:16 PM

Silvio - without a doubt!

PS Moving to "Other Mob Films/Books/TV" category...
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 03/29/02 09:13 PM

I think Silvio is the obvious winner. My #2 choice is Christopher...I think he's hilarious.
Posted By: SC

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 03/29/02 10:48 PM

I get a chuckle out of Paullie Walnuts. His speech about germs on shoelaces totally cracks me up, and his way of misinterpreting things (a Czechan becomes a Czechoslovakian) is pure lunacy.

The funniest bit he did was the scene in the pine barrens, when he and Chris were eating ketchup packets. Watch his facial expressions!!!
Posted By: Noodles

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 03/31/02 01:40 PM

Paulie Walnuts, without a doubt in my mind. Some examples: "Did they have horns, or buds on their foreheads, you know, goat bumps?.....Was it hot? Christopher-"I don't know, what the fuck", Paulie-"It's never been disputed that hell is hot! You didn't go to hell, you went to purgatory!" Christopher-"Purgatory? I forgot about purgatory." Paulie-"Purgatory, a little detour on the way to paradise.....first you add up all your mortal sins, and multiply that by 50, then you take all your venial sins, and multiply that by 25...the way I figure it, I'm gonna be doin about 6,00 years, and that's nothin in eternity time, I could do that standing on my head, it's like a couple a days here."

Same episode, when he sees the John Edward-esque guy, that scenario was hilarious. And who could forget the jokes he said in the first season, then repeating them word for word to Silvio....I thought somebody would tell him to shut the hell up, but that just made it even better that they put up with it. Also, season 3, with the sniffing of the panties. That was priceless. Second season, when they go to Italy, the scene with the prostitute is great! "Who said you weren't a conversationist...fuckin' twat."
And, the #1 scene that made Paulie the funniest guy on the Sopranos, was the 1st season episode when Pussy and Paulie go to the generic coffeehouse to find the gay guy who stole the science teacher's car. Paulie-"You got any, just coffee?" Attendant-"We have our flavor of the day(some bullshit name for it, I can't remember exactly)" Paulie-"Madon, whatever!" "How did we miss out on this Puss? Fuckin Italian people, we invented this shit. Pizza, cappuchino, calzone, buffalo mozarello. They ate puntzi(sp) before we gave them the gift of our cuisine. But this, this is the worst" Then he takes the coffee grinder as he walks out, with those facial expressions running wild.
Posted By: Don Paulie

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 03/31/02 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Noodles:
Paulie Walnuts, without a doubt in my mind. Some examples: "Did they have horns, or buds on their foreheads, you know, goat bumps?.....Was it hot? Christopher-"I don't know, what the fuck", Paulie-"It's never been disputed that hell is hot! You didn't go to hell, you went to purgatory!" Christopher-"Purgatory? I forgot about purgatory." Paulie-"Purgatory, a little detour on the way to paradise.....first you add up all your mortal sins, and multiply that by 50, then you take all your venial sins, and multiply that by 25...the way I figure it, I'm gonna be doin about 6,00 years, and that's nothin in eternity time, I could do that standing on my head, it's like a couple a days here."

Same episode, when he sees the John Edward-esque guy, that scenario was hilarious. And who could forget the jokes he said in the first season, then repeating them word for word to Silvio....I thought somebody would tell him to shut the hell up, but that just made it even better that they put up with it. Also, season 3, with the sniffing of the panties. That was priceless. Second season, when they go to Italy, the scene with the prostitute is great! "Who said you weren't a conversationist...fuckin' twat."
And, the #1 scene that made Paulie the funniest guy on the Sopranos, was the 1st season episode when Pussy and Paulie go to the generic coffeehouse to find the gay guy who stole the science teacher's car. Paulie-"You got any, just coffee?" Attendant-"We have our flavor of the day(some bullshit name for it, I can't remember exactly)" Paulie-"Madon, whatever!" "How did we miss out on this Puss? Fuckin Italian people, we invented this shit. Pizza, cappuchino, calzone, buffalo mozarello. They ate puntzi(sp) before we gave them the gift of our cuisine. But this, this is the worst" Then he takes the coffee grinder as he walks out, with those facial expressions running wild.
Totally agree. Paulie is hillarious. The episode where he and Christopher got lost in the woods, Paulis losing his shoe, and eating the ketchup, that was pricless. I'd have Silvio 2nd and then Tony
Posted By: The Last Don

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 04/16/02 12:43 PM

definately silvio
the uncle and tony!
Posted By: donfabrizio

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 04/17/02 01:11 PM

Paulie is the funniest for me.

Even if in the last season, they let you know he's may going to betray Tony. He did and say a lot of funny things this one...
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 04/18/02 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
Silvio - without a doubt!

PS Moving to "Other Mob Films/Books/TV" category...
I would have to agree with J Geoff on this one.
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 04/21/02 08:24 PM

Silvio is funny...Paulies lines are showing how dumb he really is....sometimes
Posted By: silviodante77

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 05/07/02 11:30 AM

i think silvio fror the godfather impressions, or paulie for the pine barrens episode (interior decorator), and when he gets poison ivy all over his face on the last episode of series 1, when killing mikey palmice
Posted By: the mattress

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 05/07/02 02:15 PM

Yeah, him sat there eating dinner with silv with all that stuff on his face is hilarious
Posted By: Don Larzono

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 05/10/02 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
[QB]I get a chuckle out of Paullie Walnuts. His speech about germs on shoelaces totally cracks me up...QB]
I agree with you SC. Also Uncle Jun' is a funny guy, especially when he's angry.
Silvio is great too. Man, The Sopranos rocks...
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 05/11/02 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Larzono:
[quote]Originally posted by SC:
[QB]I get a chuckle out of Paullie Walnuts. His speech about germs on shoelaces totally cracks me up...QB]
I agree with you SC. Also Uncle Jun' is a funny guy, especially when he's angry.
Silvio is great too. Man, The Sopranos rocks...
[/quote]I've seen this one and I remember it being hilarious but I can't quite remember what he said. Can someone fill me in?
Posted By: Paul Vitti

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 05/12/02 12:04 AM

Tony himself
Posted By: Joeybats

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 05/12/02 05:21 AM

Its gotta be Silvio Dante. That guy just kills me. That look on his face, like he just smelled some bad cabbage cracks me up to no end.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 06/15/03 12:03 AM

Junior has the ability to crack me up with only one word. His delivery of his dialogue is rib-tickingly funny. Christopher 's character is hilarious: after spending a whole scene looking out of the window and apparently oblivious to Tony's speech about Italian Americans, he pops up with "He was gay, Gary Cooper?" Silvio's facial expression and legendary nodding of his head are funnier than his actual dialogue.

But the funniest for me overall is Peter Paul "Paulie Walnuts" Gualtieri. His stance is so comical, and his one-liners are top-draw.

Mick
Posted By: Nicky TwoTimes

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 06/15/03 05:46 PM

I got to go with my boy Uncle Junior. He has such a quick wit.

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 06/15/03 07:44 PM

Nicky, welcome back! Have you been away! Where you been, man!?

Mick
Posted By: Knocc Out

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 06/16/03 01:56 AM

Definetly Paulie & Sil
Posted By: B. B. Cheese

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 06/17/03 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by silviodante77:
when he gets poison ivy all over his face on the last episode of series 1, when killing mikey palmice
"I feel an itch in me already"

Posted By: Nicky TwoTimes

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 06/18/03 05:25 PM

What's up Mick, Yeah I haven't been by in a while. I still need to see season four. I can't wait for it to come to dvd. I probably got a long wait for that. I saw your drawings of the Sopranos, man that was great.

Nicky
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 06/21/03 08:12 PM

Silvio and Anthony Jr.

GoodFella

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 06/21/03 09:37 PM

Actually, I think Artie Bucco is one of the funniest characters in the show! His mannerisms and delivery of unintentional one-liners are rib-tickling!

Mick
Posted By: TonySoprano

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 06/22/03 10:27 AM

Paulie then Sil
Posted By: SicilianMafia

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 07/02/03 10:41 PM

The One and Only Paulie Walnuts
Posted By: SanAlfo

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 07/03/03 01:51 AM

Without a doubt its Paulie.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 07/17/03 01:21 AM

In my opnion Uncle Junior has the best lines in that show. Even the way he curses cracks me up! A very close second has to be Paulie Walnuts. Just looking at his expressions makes me laugh.

Don Cardi
Posted By: The Godfather

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 07/17/03 02:06 AM

Uncle Junior then Paulie. Dominic Chianese is the funniest elder actor on TV right now!
Posted By: cmascagni

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 01/15/04 03:50 PM

Ralph easily was...in season 4, he stole every scene he was in and made throwaway scenes memorable

ex (playing basketball with his fat friend, clipping his toenails with Janice, pretending he was Maximus from GLADIATOR)!
Posted By: Double-J

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 01/16/04 04:47 AM

Gotta be Paulie Walnuts, then Silvio, and I especially like Bobby "Bacala" Baccalieri
Posted By: Don Luciano

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 01/19/04 02:09 PM

I'd go with Paulie, Uncle Jun and Christopher as the funniest guys.
Paulie's repition of jokes to T : "Hey Sil;, you remember your first blow-job?......", he has alot of good one liners too, "maybe it was that 10 yard dash?".

Uncle Juniors use of profanity. When he slips over in the shower, "sisters c*nt", in referance to Rusty Irish "motherless fuck" and him telling someone to stop being so 'c*ntish".

Moltisanti's rant about life at Livia's wake is probably the single funniest moment of the Sopranos, the look on Hesh and Silvio's faces. Brilliant. Also in 'a hit is a hit' "why they send you over? i'm looking for a burger not refried beans".
The programe up until season 4 was incredibly funny in-itself.
Posted By: angiez23

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 01/19/04 03:41 PM

for me is silvio, uncle junior and tony in some episodes
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 01/19/04 04:01 PM

Uncle Junior and Paulie are comical, but I will go with Silvio. He doesn't have to say a word. Just looking at his face, with that exaggerated expression is a crack up.

TIS

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 01/19/04 04:12 PM

hahahhaah is true TIS i waiting for the 5 season , when is the premire there?, here is end of march i guess, i dont have american hbo here , only latin hbo / plus, but dont wait to much time to put the thing in the air, there is angels in america in the air now right, here is the next month is no much the diferent i think
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 01/19/04 04:40 PM

Hi Angie!! Season 5 debuts on March 7th here. I am anxiously waiting.

Btw, don't you ever sleep?????

TIS

Re: The Most Funniest Character in The Sopranos - 01/19/04 05:46 PM

no TIS never sleep hahaha, the damm coffee is awesome here hahahh, i am waiting for season 5 too and is in march 17 here
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET