Home

Questions about Neri and the twins

Posted By: CommonMafiaHood

Questions about Neri and the twins - 12/15/04 02:01 AM

Ok, speaking of Neri, were does he come from? He obviously came in GF1, but how did he get the job? Did he serve under vito? Anything about him in the book?
And in GF3, Vincent's man at the end tells him, "The twins are dead." Who are the twins?
Just trying to clear a few things up . . . thanks! smile
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Questions about Neri and the twins - 12/15/04 02:04 AM

Neri is an ex-police officer that Michael "recruited" it does mention everything in the book. (plaw or turnbull can explain it more)
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Questions about Neri and the twins - 12/15/04 02:05 AM

Originally posted by CommonMafiaHood:
Ok, speaking of Neri, were does he come from? He obviously came in GF1, but how did he get the job? Did he serve under vito? Anything about him in the book?
And in GF3, Vincent's man at the end tells him, "The twins are dead." Who are the twins?
Just trying to clear a few things up . . . thanks! smile
Neri's character is described and explained in the GF book. If memory serves me correctly, he was an ex cop who got into a situation on the job, killed some guy who was slicing up a little girl, and then was not backed by his own police force and got into trouble for killing the guy. I think that was the story. It's been a long time since I read the book. As far as the twins, have you watched GFIII? They are the two guys at the opera who are supposed to be protecting Vincent and Michael, but wind up getting killed at the opera.

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Questions about Neri and the twins - 12/15/04 05:22 AM

Neri's background and recruitment into the family by Michael is one of the best subtheme stories in the novel. Too bad it was left out of the film. You should read the novel to get the details.
The twins were an invention of FFC and Puzo for GFIII. I don't know where they came from. I think they were included in the film mainly for the dramatic and visual effect of having twin Mafia-type bodyguards who were killed in interestingly gruesome ways.
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Questions about Neri and the twins - 12/15/04 09:37 AM

Yes, it is one of the best pages in the book, - how Michael made Neri "His man to death". Book has a chapter dedicated entirely to Neri and his story.
As to GF3... I've long given up my attempts to find some consistency there... smile
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Questions about Neri and the twins - 12/15/04 10:54 AM

The twins was also playing pool at the Tommasinos house Whwn connie walks in and says to Vincent " are they as good as they look" "There the best" vincent replies.

Re: Questions about Neri and the twins - 12/15/04 01:33 PM

Originally posted by DE NIRO:
The twins was also playing pool at the Tommasinos house Whwn connie walks in and says to Vincent " are they as good as they look" "There the best" vincent replies.
Well - we saw how good they were... mad
Another flaw in GF3! Was Vinnie so stupid as to have so little people around in such a situation? eek Even good people? And walking one by one, to be easier killed? Connie would arrange Mike's security better than he did! grin
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Questions about Neri and the twins - 12/15/04 01:38 PM

There has always been the theory that Vincent would not have exactly been the unhappiest guy in the world if Michael had been killed.

Re: Questions about Neri and the twins - 12/15/04 01:51 PM

Originally posted by plawrence:
There has always been the theory that Vincent would not have exactly been the unhappiest guy in the world if Michael had been killed.
I don't see what would he gain. Michael made him don already.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET