Home

The Godfather Weekend On AMC

Posted By: Obsessed With The GodFather

The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/20/06 11:15 PM

The marathon you can't refuse
All weekend long starting
Saturday, April 22 @ 8:15AM

The first family of crime is packin' heat and they're on AMC all weekend long. Tune in for Original Gangtas: The Godfather Weekend starting Saturday, April 22 @ 8:15AM.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/20/06 11:30 PM

Thanks for the post about this!

Dates/times can be found on the TV Listings
Posted By: exgigirl

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/21/06 02:23 AM

I know where I'm spending most of my weekend --- Al Pacino and microwave popcorn.
Posted By: Obsessed With The GodFather

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/22/06 12:28 PM

It's On Guys! Have A Great Godfather Week-end!
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/22/06 07:21 PM

GF finished about half hour ago. I have GFII on now. Funny thing.... I just had a realtor come thru with some "lookers", and the realtor says to me, "I see you're watching one of my favorite movies?" I replied, "my very favorite movie. Even at a quick glance everyone knows the GF!!

TIS
Posted By: Mignon

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 12:33 AM

GF is on right now. I'm driving my family crazy saying the lines :p
Posted By: Antoni Canoli

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 12:45 AM

Same here... I am quoting the move line for line as I watch it.

As for my reading the book.. I just finished the Sonny beating of Carlo part. (Takes me some time as I am also reading The Five Families book as well and learning Italian).

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 01:06 AM

Great minds think alike huh Antoni? How are things in Hampton?
Posted By: Antoni Canoli

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 01:39 AM

Muggy... we had some good rain earlier today, and looks like a little more tonight sometime.

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 02:19 AM

I wish I was back home there.
Posted By: Sollozo theTurk

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 02:32 AM

AMC cut out "bafungul" and some of Sonny getting shot. The part where he gets thrown up against the car and is screaming was edited out.
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 02:39 AM

I missed the line both times, but I assume AMC also had Sonny saying that he doesn't want Michael coming out with just his/a "stick" in his hands, too. :rolleyes:

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 02:41 AM

Ha ha!! Yea that was ridiculous!! What about the scene when Sonny hangs up with Connie after Carlo beats her. Didn't they have him saying "son of a buck" or something like that???

TIS
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 02:48 AM

It's terrible!

Honestly, I think it's worth risking offending whoever might be offended (by the GF?!), because it just kills the mood of the movie when they change it around...

And, after all, according to AMC, the Corleones are "true gangstas" - they might as well show the "gangsta life" like it is.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Ha ha!! Yea that was ridiculous!! What about the scene when Sonny hangs up with Connie after Carlo beats her. Didn't they have him saying "son of a buck" or something like that???

TIS
What's next, are they going to edit it so that Sonny actually lands the punch

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 02:54 AM

Yea come out with a stick in his hand :rolleyes:
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 02:56 AM

From the few scenes I saw, it looks like pretty much the same edited version used in The Godfather Saga.

Signor V.

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 03:00 AM

Actually I don't know why I watch the tv version when I have the DVD. I don't always watch all of it, but everytime it's on I have to sit and watch at least some of it. Especially if one of my favorite scenes comes on. That's the advantage of knowing it inside out I guess, of knowing it better than the "average" person. :p

TIS
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 03:06 AM

The 'stick in his hand', 'bafanabla' and 'sunofabuck' lines have been around for some 20 years and have pretty much become old news. Even older than Fredo not knowing.

This is 2006. If you guys can't handle the 'cleaned up' the edited for tv versions even every few months when its even shown on tv, why don't you just turn it off, stick in the dvd or tape and watch it the way it was meant to be watched.

:rolleyes:

Apple

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 03:20 AM

Well Apple, probably because this thread is title GF Weekend on AMC, is the reason it's being discussed. Sure it's been discussed before, and like many other GF topics, keeps coming up. Besides, we're having fun! Cut us some slack here!!! :rolleyes:

TIS

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 03:40 AM

Cutting slack is not one of my more noticeable talents...as probably many have surmized.

I'm having fun too. Live with it.

:p

Apple

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Cutting slack is not one of my more noticeable talents...as probably many have surmized.

I'm having fun too. Live with it.

:p

Apple
Ha ha!!! Oh yea!! I'm sure everyone here knows that. Apple "no slack" On-Ya!!! Knock yourself out!!! :p

Back on topic....You know I never would have known, if not brought up here on the BB the Johnny Ola is Uncle Junior!!! Can you believe how young he looked? Has the same voice and expressions though don't you think?

TIS

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 04:03 AM

TIS,

Me and my hubby was at the video store last night and I had to show him the Soprano dvd's. I asked him if he knew what other movie uncle Jr played on. he didn't know so I told him GFII as Johnny Ola he couldn't believe it.

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 04:08 AM

TIS, your biting wit has once again proven too much for me...I must now go to bed and recover.

Enjoy the GF Marathon and cover the realtor's ears when those 'Sunofabuck' lines come-a-callin'. He/she might just figure out what they really mean!!!

Until tomorrow (and there's always a 'tomorrow')...

Apple

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 04:19 AM

Yes, there is always tomorrow. I say any day "not" six feet under is a good day.

Arreverdecci!!!

TIS

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 07:58 PM

One of my fav scenes of Pt.III is coming up. The silent scream scene. That just gives me chills.

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 08:13 PM

I will admit this about GFIII...that final scene on the steps is truly heartwrenching. Had me in tears both this morning and just now.

There's no other scene, either in GF or GFII that can do quite the same thing.

Apple
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 08:47 PM

I was watching that scene from GF3 this morning, and was actually rather impressed with Diane Keaton's acting. I think that she was overshadowed in that scene by Pacino (at least she was overlooked by me), but she truly captures the essence of a mother going out of her mind by what she has witnessed. Excellent acting on her part.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: The Godfather Weekend On AMC - 04/23/06 09:18 PM

Yes, I must admit to being impressed by Diane Keaton, as well as the entire cast at the end of GFIII. I was flipping the channels through most of the movie as it's still somewhat painful for me to watch. But I made sure to watch the ending just to see Al's performance, and noticed how much Diane held her own in that scene.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET