Home

Godfather Cookbook?

Posted By: AllEyesOnChris

Godfather Cookbook? - 09/11/04 05:55 AM

Has there ever been talks of a Cookbook to compliment the films? I think it would be a great idea, and, if done well, would sell well. With the sudden influx of GF merchandise on the way, it would make perfect sense. I own both The Sopranos Family Cookbook and The Mafia Cookbook by "Joe Dogs", and I've been waiting for any word of a Godfather version. Imagine Clemenza's gravy recipe or even the veal McClusky chose as his last meal. Needless to say, the possibilities are endless. Am I the only one who would be putting this on my bookshelf?
Posted By: maryb

Re: Godfather Cookbook? - 09/11/04 02:34 PM

i agree with u that this is a good idea. i would buy it and see if there is anything intersteing in it.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Godfather Cookbook? - 09/11/04 05:07 PM

Good idea. I wouldn't mind seeing

--Fredo's recipe for goose (he did cook his own, after all)
--Nazorine's recipe for wedding cake
--The recipe for Hyman Roth's birthday cake
--Vincent't recipe for gnocchis
--The recipe for Clemenza's favorite cannolis
--The recipe for the chopped liver, served on Ritz crackers at Anthony's commuunion party.

And the dinner menus for

--Hagen's dinner with Jack Woltz.
--Michael's dinner in Vegas ("The chef, he cooked for you special") after the meeting with Moe Green.
--The dinner Connie prepared for Carlo that he wasn't hungry for.
--The Chinese takeout meal, shared by Sonny, Tom, Michael, Clemenza, Tessio, and an unidentified individual (who some think is Rocco, but isn't), while waiting for word on where the Sollozzo meeting was to take place.
Posted By: RizzoInTheBox

Re: Godfather Cookbook? - 09/11/04 05:13 PM

Henry Hill has his own cookbook also.. in case you didn't know.

Re: Godfather Cookbook? - 09/11/04 11:32 PM

Plawrence, well done with the comment about Fredo cooking his own goose, very clever. It actually took me a couple views of the post to catch on. lol
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Godfather Cookbook? - 09/12/04 07:34 PM

Eh but PLaw, you forgot Clemenza's sause recipe. grin

Re: Godfather Cookbook? - 09/13/04 04:46 AM

I already mentioned Clemenza's gravy. Watching that scene in the kitchen with Mike always gets me hungry...
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Godfather Cookbook? - 09/13/04 05:37 PM

I know that Martin Scorcese's mother used to always cook and bring it to the set (I believe that's her actual food in the famous "hoof/paw" scene in Goodfellas), so he published her recipes. It was in a very cool cookbook and he put in stories of the various casts eating her food in-between the recipes.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Godfather Cookbook? - 09/13/04 11:57 PM

I think there's some more too,simply called "Cooking Italian Food" and the like tongue Doesnt have as many little anectdotes though frown lol
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Godfather Cookbook? - 09/18/04 06:32 AM

This age old debate will never get old

Eh but PLaw, you forgot Clemenza's Sause recipe.

I already mentioned Clemenza's GRAVY . Watching that scene in the kitchen with Mike always gets me hungry...

so which is it lol my family to this day still argues about what to call it
Posted By: ChrisY2J

Re: Godfather Cookbook? - 09/18/04 02:50 PM

Include the lasagna Michael and Kay had at the wedding reception.

Don't include the little dish Connie made for Altobello!
Posted By: henry

Re: Godfather Cookbook? - 09/21/04 06:40 PM

How about some of Kay's recipes? Tuna noodle casserole.Yellow cake with pink icing.Maybe even some of those horrors from Kraft's TV ads.You remember them,they always seemed to include elbow macaroni,mayo and pineapple chunks.It could be titles the "Protestant Housewife's Cookbook".
Posted By: Enos

Re: Godfather Cookbook? - 03/11/22 10:41 AM

yeah
Posted By: JackieAprile

Re: Godfather Cookbook? - 04/17/22 09:21 AM

It would be nice to have traditional Neapolitan recipes, since in my family they weren’t passed down
Posted By: olivant

Re: Godfather Cookbook? - 04/17/22 06:53 PM

Probably entitled: To Serve Man.
Posted By: The Last Woltz

Re: Godfather Cookbook? - 04/18/22 02:50 PM

There is a Godfather Cookbook

I bought it for Mrs. Woltz at the holidays last year and it has a good assortment of traditional Italian recipes.
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: Godfather Cookbook? - 04/19/22 06:44 AM

Interesting to note that when this thread was started (2004), there was no so-called Godfather Cookbook.

The book The Last Woltz is referring to (and linked to) was published in 2019, and from the overall reviews I've read, it seems to be quite popular.

I guess if you live long enough... wink

[Linked Image]

Signor V.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET