Home

Marlon Brando, RIP

Posted By: Moksha

Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 03:48 PM

Thanks for providing a lifetime of memories through your characters.
Posted By: Meggie

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 03:50 PM

Did he pass away?
Posted By: Sermanni

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 03:52 PM

Yep Marlon Brando has passed away. The death of a true genius frown
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 03:59 PM

Sad day for all GF fans.

What a gifted actor. At the same time, he could have been a lot more.

He will be missed.
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 04:11 PM

Oh, My condolences. I feel like I'm struck by lightning. frown
Posted By: MrGreene

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 04:12 PM

He's the main reason why we met here.

Good bye maestro.
Posted By: SyndicateManLB

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 04:19 PM

There is a web radio station playing a tribute to Marlon Brando today. 2pm EST at Beethoven.com. They are needing requests, because the DJ wasn't sure how much music he could find. If you know of any "classical" style music centered around Marlon, send in a request. I talk to the dj and he mentioned the obvious films, but maybe there are some that he would not have thought of.

RIP Marlon and God speed...
Posted By: hondafox400

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 04:20 PM

RIP

I just read about this on MSN.com frown
Posted By: johnny ola

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 04:24 PM

Sad news, but lets celebrate his life, and what he has given us. Rest in Peace Vito.......
Posted By: goombah

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 04:25 PM

Marlon Brando was one of the most acclaimed actors of the 20th century. He will be missed, but his influence will live on. R.I.P.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 04:29 PM

I just received it in my email from cnn.com. It broke my heart, I literally shed a few tears. God bless you Marlon Brando, may you forever R.I.P. Goodbye Godfather.
Posted By: don vencent

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 04:30 PM

R.i.p. GODFATHER Brando you live in your movies.
Posted By: Connie_Corleone

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 04:40 PM

God bless you, Don Brando.
Posted By: waynethegame

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 04:44 PM

Very sad.. I was even watching GF part I when I read it today frown

Rest in peace, Don Corleone. frown
Posted By: Kevin Rooney

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 05:07 PM

Yes, Marlon Brando is a great loss to all lovers of film, and great acting. Those of us who love the "Godfather" films feel this especially. I gained an ever broader respect for him after enjoying his performance as Carmine(Jimmy the Toucan)Sabatini in "The Freshman". There he parodied his most famous character, a rare gift. May he rest in peace, now may he be reunited with his beloved daughter, Cheyenne.
Posted By: EnzoBaker

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 05:46 PM

One of a kind. Rest in peace.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Svizzero

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 06:56 PM

R.I.P. frown
Posted By: UnderBoss

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 06:58 PM

Today all of us here and millions of us around the world mourn your fruitful life and give all of our respect, thanks and prayers to you, the dearly departed Marlon Brando.

Touched by God, talented and intelligent in so many ways. You may have made some questionable decisions in your life and your up front, sometimes too much to handle attitude and antics made you a force to be reconged with in Hollywood, one thing is clear.

You will still be best remembered for the humanity and life you injected into your characters, for the imagination you imbued and embedded on film and the dreams you allowed generations to cultivate by watching the magic you cast on the big screen.

You will be missed.

Rest in Peace

Marlon Brando (1924 - 2004)
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 08:16 PM

R.I.P. for the man who brought Don Vito Corleone to life on the silver screen. A sad day for Hollywood and all of his fans througout the world.
Posted By: UnderBoss

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 08:20 PM

Marlon Brando invented method acting, I did not know that.
Posted By: Busta

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 08:27 PM

R.I.P. Marlon. Thank you very much for giving us one of the greatest cinematic characters of all time, Don Vito Corleone.
Posted By: Dream Master

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 08:31 PM

R.I.P. Thanks for making me a fan of the Godfather.
Posted By: SC

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 09:09 PM

Originally posted by UnderBoss:
Marlon Brando invented method acting, I did not know that.
He studied the "method" under Stella Adler. Oddly enough, one of the other coaches of the time was Lee Strassberg (Hyman Roth).
Posted By: Alex Morello

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 09:45 PM

R.I.P Godfather
Posted By: Alberto_Neri

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/02/04 10:54 PM

Rest in peace Godfather. Thanks for the amazing performances. You will indeed be remembered forever.
Posted By: sonof70s

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/03/04 12:47 AM

He redefined acting forever. I'm thankful for his legacy.
Posted By: Capt. Willard

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/03/04 04:22 AM

Strange that I was just getting back into all things GODFATHER and then the great actor passes. Here is something I wrote for another (non-GF) forum. It was in defense of Brando's legacy, and I think it could also serve as a tribute as well.

R.I.P. Paisan

Brando (along with Montgomery Clift) was the first to show men as sensitive and emotional people. They were worlds apart in terms of approach to stars like John Wayne, Gary Cooper and Clark Gable. Brando did receive a lot of hype when he entered the scene, but nobody and nothing lives up to hype. Brando brought emotionalism, smouldering sensuality and overt sexuality to film acting. At least for men, as the dames were always ahead of the fellas in that regard. He changed the face of acting. Look at how many actors who followed him and how they owe an enormous debt to the Method style, (Robert DeNiro, James Caan, Paul Newman, James Dean, Al Pacino, Dustin Hoffman and Steve McQueen among MANY others) Brando was the personification of that form and he did it best. His 1950s work alone will make him a great actor and his "dross" is a helluva a lot better than some other guys' "best." We younger folks didn't have the honor to see him as he was happening and changing forever the art of screen acting, but we have seen his legacy, whether we choose to acknowledge it or not.

BTW, next time you watch the GODFATHER films, especially part II-- and you will sense Brando throughout the film, even though he is played by DeNiro, the scenes without the Vito character still seem like he could appear at any moment. That's because Brando left an indelible mark on that first film. Coppola himself said that Brando haunted the second film and he didn't even need him for a cameo because the man's presence was that powerful.

Don't put yourselves on the wrong side of history, boys and girls. Brando will still be great long after our grandchildren have passed on.
Posted By: neo8601

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/03/04 06:03 AM

thanks don, u were da man
Posted By: Don Danny Corleone

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/03/04 08:09 AM

My condolences

R.I.P Don Corleone, were gonna miss him frown :'(
Posted By: Don Schulini

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/03/04 09:20 AM

RIP Godfather. I'm speechless.
Posted By: NYC Don

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/03/04 10:43 AM

One of the greatest actors of the 20th century. He has left us a legacy that will last an eternity.

A sad day for all of us. My condolences.
Posted By: Francesco Corleone

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/03/04 10:44 AM

Thanks for your performance in the best movie ever and in all your movies.

R.I.P. Marlon Brando.
Posted By: Astorre Viola

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/03/04 11:21 AM

My respects to marlon. He show us the godfather.
Posted By: SC

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/03/04 12:26 PM

FWIW - We've had 70 different members post messages in these Marlon Brando threads in the past 24 hours. I can't remember anything close to that on these boards (in the past), and I think it reflects the effect that Brando has had on all of us.

Some of the members are brand new, while some are oldtimers who haven't posted here in over a year. To those new members I say, "Welcome"! To those oldtimers I say, "Welcome Home"; I understand your desire to return now.
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/03/04 04:37 PM

He was THE GODFATHER. May he rest in peace. I'll always remember him as the one and only Godfather.
Posted By: juventus

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/03/04 04:41 PM

R.I.P. Marlon Brando (our godfather Vito Corleone)
Posted By: Don Danny Corleone

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/03/04 06:54 PM

if i didn't see The Godfather i knew a lot less over things in the world smile
Posted By: Carmela's Granddaughter

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/03/04 07:04 PM

Marlon Brando.

As Sean Penn said on Charlie Rose last night, he gave us revolutionary truth.

I gasped when I heard the news yesterday; I knew he had been ill, but I guess I never thought of him as being mortal. Actually, I'd like to think now that I was right.

Any time you visit with Vito Corleone, or Terry Malloy, or Stanley Kowalski, or Ken Wilcheck, Johnny Strandler, Major Penderton, Col. Kurtz, Fletcher Christian, Christian Diestl, Sky Masterson, George Lincoln Rockwell, Paul, Marc Antony, Harrison Carter MacWhite -- or even any of his so-called throwaway performances -- you discover something new, something revealing and exciting. Marlon Brando was that vivid, that complex, that alive.

There is music, wonderful music, and then there is Beethoven. Who knows why; who cares; it's a gift. An affirmation of life.

Thank you for your gift, Mr. Brando.
Posted By: Santino Felice

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/03/04 09:19 PM

R.I.P Marlon Brando a.k.a. CapoFamiglia Don Vito Corleone. I have a cousin in Corleone, Sicily and I think about him everytime I hear anything about the Godfather movie. Marlon Brando created the biggest icon in film history. He will always be remembered as the Don. Everyone dies but I didnt think Marlon Brando would. My condolences to his family and all the fans. Long live the Don.
Posted By: madewoman

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/03/04 09:59 PM

For his enigmatic creation of the legenday Don Corleone may Brando Rest In Peace.
NO other actor could have made a finer Vito.
And, as most of us agreed here recently, he was the best don.
Posted By: Coppola

Re: Marlon Brando, RIP - 07/04/04 12:27 AM

in memory of brando i created this: http://www.marlon-brando.tk
join today
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET