Home

New Biography on Al Lettieri

Posted By: Iceveins

New Biography on Al Lettieri - 07/17/23 11:12 PM

The very first detailed biography on the compelling life of Al Lettieri, the talented and mob connected actor who played Sollozzo in The Godfather. This was a project I had in mind for years which recently came together and was fortunate enough to have Al's son provide me with some information and images of him.

Posted By: Turnbull

Re: New Biography on Al Lettieri - 07/18/23 06:47 AM

Excellent work, Iceveins! Very informative, well -produced and narrated. Thanks! clap
I posted in another thread that, while Solozzo is a pivotal character in GF in that he launches the attack on Vito and sets Michael on his criminal career, the on-screen role is fairly minor and the character disappears early. But, Lettieri made the most of it. His Solozzo is confident without being cocky, calm and reasonable but always slightly menacing. I liked hm in his other roles, especially in "The Getaway"--the cultured voice inside the coarse characters.
Posted By: Iceveins

Re: New Biography on Al Lettieri - 07/18/23 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Turnbull
Excellent work, Iceveins! Very informative, well -produced and narrated. Thanks! clap
I posted in another thread that, while Solozzo is a pivotal character in GF in that he launches the attack on Vito and sets Michael on his criminal career, the on-screen role is fairly minor and the character disappears early. But, Lettieri made the most of it. His Solozzo is confident without being cocky, calm and reasonable but always slightly menacing. I liked hm in his other roles, especially in "The Getaway"--the cultured voice inside the coarse characters.
Thankn you! Yes he was brilliant in The Godfather and every role he took on.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET