Home

Nicolas Cage as Vincent in GF3?

Posted By: J Geoff

Nicolas Cage as Vincent in GF3? - 01/06/22 05:55 AM

Nicolas Cage Begged Francis Ford Coppola to Cast Him in ‘Godfather Part 3’

“This is a very embarrassing answer to your question, OK, because it involves family,” he said. “So Uncle [Francis Ford Coppola] was doing ‘Godfather III,’ and I said, ‘I really think I ought to be in your movie, Uncle. I really think it’s a good idea if you would cast me. I think I could play this part.’ He was going to cast Andy Garcia, and I said, ‘But I just see myself more as James Caan’s son, and he’s playing Sonny’s son. He’s not playing Michael’s son. He’s Sonny’s son. I just feel a little more James Caan.’ It just wasn’t going to happen. Nope, not going to happen. So that was a movie I didn’t get let in that I really wanted to be in. There.” --Nicolas Cage
(more at link above)

I think it was a good call on FFC's part, as I just can't see Cage becoming Don Corleone at the end...
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Nicolas Cage as Vincent in GF3? - 01/06/22 06:40 AM

Right! I really can't see Cage with that smirk Garcia brought to the role. Garcia wasn't great, but he was credible.
Posted By: CleanBandit

Re: Nicolas Cage as Vincent in GF3? - 01/06/22 07:40 AM

Jesus Christ thank you GOD FFC didn't cast Nicholas Cage as Vincent - LOL! We dodged a massive bullet there.
Posted By: mustachepete

Re: Nicolas Cage as Vincent in GF3? - 01/06/22 03:11 PM

Maybe somewhere in the Hagen-Harrison role? Maybe Sonny's son, training as a Hagen to Vincent's Sonny?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET