Another country heard from lol.

https://youtu.be/aFRJoHpuMkc
Posted By: mustachepete

Re: Who opened the drapes? Again! - 05/01/21 11:18 AM

The merry-go-round never ends.

Nice to hear from you, PB!
Posted By: olivant

Re: Who opened the drapes? Again! - 05/01/21 04:08 PM

This morning, I just watched that video on Youtube. It prompted me to ask about Kay's role. This came up maybe once in our past discussions about the drapes question: did Kay not notice the open drapes until Michael was standing in front of them? Even if she undressed and dressed in another room, it just seems certain that she (or any woman) would not have slid into bed without noticing the open drapes and closing them.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Who opened the drapes? Again! - 05/02/21 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by mustachepete
The merry-go-round never ends.

Nice to hear from you, PB!

Yes, we've had many discussions about Rocco's possible involvement in the Tahoe shooting, or of his being the main culprit. But it all pales before the fact that Fredo admitted that he betrayed Michael. And, even though neither he nor Michael mentioned the drapes, the open drapes were the key element in the plan to whack Michael in his bedroom. Fredo also admitted to his motivation for betraying Michael ("He said there'd be something in it for me"), and shouted out his resentment over being passed over, whereas Rocco seemingly had no real motivation to betray his boss.

PB: Great to see you again! Hope you'll stick around!
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Who opened the drapes? Again! - 05/02/21 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by olivant
This morning, I just watched that video on Youtube. It prompted me to ask about Kay's role. This came up maybe once in our past discussions about the drapes question: did Kay not notice the open drapes until Michael was standing in front of them? Even if she undressed and dressed in another room, it just seems certain that she (or any woman) would not have slid into bed without noticing the open drapes and closing them.

Perhaps Kay always assumed the drapes would be closed when she readied for bed, and noticed they were open only because she looked toward Michael as he happened to be standing in front of the window.
Posted By: Capri

Re: Who opened the drapes? Again! - 05/02/21 11:00 AM

Fredo

Re: Who opened the drapes? Again! - 05/02/21 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Turnbull

Perhaps Kay always assumed the drapes would be closed when she readied for bed, and noticed they were open only because she looked toward Michael as he happened to be standing in front of the window.

I can't buy that TB. Their bedroom window took up most of one wall. From anywhere in the room, Kay couldn't help but see that the drapes were open.
Posted By: Lana

Re: Who opened the drapes? Again! - 05/03/21 04:17 AM

My take it has to be Fredo who opened the drapes because only a family member could justify their presence in Michael and Kay's bedroom

Kay was surprised that the drapes were open like they were not before
Posted By: U talkin' da me ??

Re: Who opened the drapes? Again! - 05/05/21 04:04 AM

I still want to know who slew the assassins.

Re: Who opened the drapes? Again! - 05/05/21 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by U talkin' da me ??
I still want to know who slew the assassins.

Me too.

I just can't fathom that it would be Fredo. I also can't fathom that anyone would be able to murder two men like that so quickly.
Posted By: mustachepete

Re: Who opened the drapes? Again! - 05/05/21 01:37 PM

I also can't fathom that anyone would be able to murder two men like that so quickly.

From what we see on screen, it seems most likely that the dead guys were dead before the shooting, left there to point toward New York* and Pentangeli. Michael, of course, knew better.

*Brooklyn Bridge tie clasps, with matching Statue of Liberty/Empire State Building cufflinks.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET