Home

Who opened the drapes?

Posted By: johnny ola

Who opened the drapes? - 04/11/20 05:58 AM

Since going to the mattresses. I have been doing a lot of binge-watching of the Godfather films and related YouTube videos on the films. Like most, I usually pick up some new nuance with each viewing. In the scene in GFII when Mike enters the bedroom and Kay asks "why are the drapes open?". It appears as though when Mike stands by the window, for maybe a second he sees someone or someones ready to shoot in the bedroom. He immediately hits the deck. Is it possible that he did see the shooters?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sk5ch2wwuw

https://www.theurbanpolitico.com/2016/12/godfather-two-who-opened-drapes.html
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Who opened the drapes? - 04/11/20 04:45 PM

Michael did see the shooters because you see him react and start toward Kay a moment before the bullets start flying.

Theurbanpolitico discussion of possible culprits was thoughtful. I'd say that most people here believe Fredo opened the drapes. Yes, he told Michael that "I swear to God I didn't know it was gonna be a hit." And, Ola may have given him some BS story that they were going to scare Michael or kidnap him, which Fredo accepted because Ola probably promised him that he'd be the head of the family afterward. But, what other "help" could Fredo have given Ola and Roth other than opening the drapes? He wasn't privy to the Cuba discussions or anything else of substance--too busy picking people up at the airport and running Mickey Mouse nightclubs. He did have access to the house, and could have opened the drapes.

Some people here think Rocco may have been the culprit, probably because Michael sent him on that one-way mission to kill Roth. I don't think so.
Posted By: johnny ola

Re: Who opened the drapes? - 04/11/20 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Turnbull
Michael did see the shooters because you see him react and start toward Kay a moment before the bullets start flying.
Some people here think Rocco may have been the culprit, probably because Michael sent him on that one-way mission to kill Roth. I don't think so.

Correct me if I am wrong. Didn't the Roth assassination take place after the attempted assassination of Mike? Didn"t Rocco sort of "volunteer" for the contract on Roth?
Posted By: olivant

Re: Who opened the drapes? - 04/11/20 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by johnny ola
Originally Posted by Turnbull

Correct me if I am wrong. Didn't the Roth assassination take place after the attempted assassination of Mike? Didn"t Rocco sort of "volunteer" for the contract on Roth?

As TB points out, some Board members have their chronology of events wrong.

By the way, I am convinced that Fredo opened the drapes based on his statement to Michael that Roth told him that he would only try to scare Michael. Also, Rocco did volunteer; there was no penance agenda involved.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Who opened the drapes? - 04/11/20 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by olivant

By the way, I am convinced that Fredo opened the drapes based on his statement to Michael that Roth told him that he would only try to scare Michael. Also, Rocco did volunteer; there was no penance agenda involved.

Did Fredo say that Roth told him he would only try to scare Michael??? Here's the transcript:

FREDO

I didn't know it was gonna be a hit Mike -- I swear to god I didn't know it was going to be a hit. JOHNNY OLA bumped into me in Beverly Hills -- and he said that he wanted to talk -- he said that you and -- and -- ROTH were in on a -- a -- big deal together. And that there was something in it for me if I'd help 'em out. He said that -- he said that -- you were bein' tough on the negotiations. But if they could get a little help -- and close the deal fast -- it'd be good for the family.

MICHAEL

You believed that story. You believed that.

FREDO

He said there was something in it for me -- on my own.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Who opened the drapes? - 04/11/20 07:35 PM

Well, scare or not, Fredo was asked to help and I'm still convinced that the help he provided was to open the drapes.
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Who opened the drapes? - 05/10/20 11:20 PM

according to real life hitman joey black there is no such thing as going to the mattresses. many other gangsters in real life have referred to it including joe valachi. valachi stated they would carry fold up mattresses with them.
Posted By: The Last Woltz

Re: Who opened the drapes? - 05/28/20 08:24 PM

First time back after a few months of social distancing and what do I find - another "Who Opened the Drapes?" thread.

Nice to see that some things never change.

lol
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET