Home

Abe Vigoda Dies

Posted By: The Last Woltz

Abe Vigoda Dies - 01/26/16 08:40 PM

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wire...ead-94-36528884
Posted By: mustachepete

Re: Abe Vigoda Dies - 01/26/16 08:42 PM

How could they tell?

(I hope people will take this in the affectionate spirit intended.)
Posted By: The Last Woltz

Re: Abe Vigoda Dies - 01/26/16 08:46 PM

A (female) friend of my step-father's actually dated Abe Vigoda a couple of times about 10 years ago.

I always had this fantasy of that connection leading to a meeting at which I pepper him with GF questions and settle a lot of the debates we have here once and for all.

I guess not.

But, considering that the Godfather is nearly 45 years old, and he wasn't exactly a spring chicken then, it's pretty amazing that he lived as long as he did.
Posted By: Santino Jr

Re: Abe Vigoda Dies - 01/26/16 09:20 PM

Rest in Peace Abe Vigoda. He was beloved by many Godfather fans even he went behind Michael's back.

It was the right move for Tessio. He was always smarter than Clemenza but that was the path he chose.

A few years ago, a friend of mine saw Abe Vigoda dining at a place somewhere in New York City and he was a nice guy. I don't remember if she got his autograph but Abe was a polite guy. If I saw him, I would say "Hey Tessio, want some cannoli?"

He will be missed and loved by our fans.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Abe Vigoda Dies - 01/26/16 10:28 PM

RIP Tessio.

At least he'll have a place to hang his hat now..
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Abe Vigoda Dies - 01/27/16 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
RIP Tessio.

At least he'll have a place to hang his hat now..

lol

I thought he died after getting in the car with Cicci..
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Abe Vigoda Dies - 01/27/16 03:38 AM

rip.
Posted By: Mr. Blonde

Re: Abe Vigoda Dies - 01/27/16 03:23 PM

RIP Sallie
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Abe Vigoda Dies - 01/29/16 11:41 AM

Did he die at 4 o'clock in the morning? Too bad nobody got him off the hook.

Anyway, age 94 is a good age. RIP.

Re: Abe Vigoda Dies - 02/03/16 02:35 AM

I was wondering in the scene where Tessio found out that Mike was going in different ride then Tessio ask Tom to get him off the hook like old times. My question is why Tom said "I can't do it Sallie" why couldn't Tom have said Sal instead Sallie?
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Abe Vigoda Dies - 02/03/16 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Santino Jr
I was wondering in the scene where Tessio found out that Mike was going in different ride then Tessio ask Tom to get him off the hook like old times. My question is why Tom said "I can't do it Sallie" why couldn't Tom have said Sal instead Sallie?

Didn't he always call him Sallie?
Posted By: Mr. Blonde

Re: Abe Vigoda Dies - 02/03/16 05:27 PM

One last term of endearment.

Bear in mind that Tessio's death occurs offscreen. I believe that is because FFC intended that the viewer maintain a level of respect for him, despite the betrayal. Tom calling Tessio that right then underscores that sentiment.

Contrast that with Carlo's death - Michael is rude and hostile to Carlo and then Carlo is garroted right in the viewer's face, to the point where his boot almost hits the camera.

Re: Abe Vigoda Dies - 02/03/16 08:39 PM

Most people said Sal until Tom said Sallie in that scene
Posted By: The Hollywood Finochio

Re: Abe Vigoda Dies - 03/30/16 02:15 PM

RIP - One of the last survivors of the original movies support cast. They are dropping like flies.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET