Home

7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO this mo

Posted By: GencoOilCompany

7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO this mo - 01/18/16 04:16 AM

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/01/hbo-to-air-unseen-seven-and-a-half-version-of-the-godfather/
playing at this minute
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO this mo - 01/18/16 07:16 AM

I'm guessing that this is the "Saga" version that has been shown many times on cable over the years. It is the definitive version of GF and II, put together in chronological order--and, very importantly--with about 45 minutes of peerless deleted scenes included in the right places. Though I have all the versions of GF and II (including the Saga), I'm recording this HBO version because it's in hi-def, and (I'm hoping) they may have unearthed deleted scenes that haven't been shown, though I doubt it.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO this mo - 01/18/16 10:40 AM

Ate nearly all my DVR time but Im looking forward to watching it this week.
Posted By: slumpy

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO this mo - 01/21/16 07:07 PM

Let me know how it is, guys. Very curious to see what (if anything) new it brings to the table.
Posted By: U talkin' da me ??

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO Go - 01/22/16 10:47 PM

Quote:
If you’re an HBO or HBO Now subscriber (or if you’ve somehow managed to obtain a password) you currently have access to an interesting cinematic beast: a 424-minute cut of Francis Ford Coppola’s first two Godfather films, recut in chronological order and bolstered with a number of scenes cut from the theatrical releases in 1972 and 1974.

The Godfather Epic, as it’s being called, begins with the story of a young Vito Corleone (played by 10-year-old Oreste Baldini, and later a 30-year-old Robert DeNiro) as he transforms himself from destitute immigrant to powerful mafioso. (You might recognize this section as the flashback scenes that were interspersed throughout The Godfather: Part II.) The action then leaps forward to 1945, as a 49-year-old Marlon Brando takes over the role. Aside from some newly re-inserted scenes here and there, this is pretty much the entirety of the original Godfather film from start to finish. This section ends with Michael, the youngest Corleone son (Al Pacino), taking the reins of the business after his father’s death, and the rest of the narrative follows Michael’s storyline from the late ’50s section of Part II. (No footage from 1990’s Part III is included, for obvious reasons.)

Older fans might remember a similar cut—marketed alternately as The Godfather Saga or The Godfather: The Complete Novel For Television—that aired as a miniseries on NBC back in 1977 and was later released on VHS.

The Godfather Epic began streaming on HBO Go and HBO Now shortly after it aired on HBO proper this past Sunday night.

http://www.avclub.com/article/special-7-hour-chronological-cut-godfather-now-hbo-231136
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO Go - 01/22/16 11:06 PM

Will be watching tomorrow when the snow starts come down!
Posted By: Santino Jr

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO Go - 01/23/16 12:29 AM

Im baaaaack!!! Very few of you have remained and I will try find out how many members are in. This website was lost in my mind for years and today I managed to return from the dead.

This website design has not changed in years but thats ok because it's a GREAT ONE!!! J Geoff, do you remember me or my username? To be honest, it has been so long I was not sure if the site was still running.

Ill try post within the topic even I might have posted in wrong place but whats better than pop from the dead w cannolis.

Saluto!

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO Go - 01/23/16 12:30 AM

Wow I forgot I had Don Altobello in my profile. God bless him!

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO Go - 01/23/16 12:31 AM

Umm move my posts to its proper topic. Too excited to be back and its been so long.
Posted By: SC

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO Go - 01/23/16 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Santino Jr
Im baaaaack!!! Very few of you have remained and I will try find out how many members are in. This website was lost in my mind for years and today I managed to return from the dead.

Welcome back! It's been almost ten years.

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO Go - 01/23/16 01:35 AM

Im baaaaack!!!

Kay wants to know "How long have you been back?"
And Kay wants to know... "Why did you come here? Why? What do you want with me after all this time? Here I was calling and writing..." cry

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO Go - 01/23/16 05:23 AM

Wow, a lot things changed but not my love for Godfather.

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO Go - 01/23/16 05:27 AM

Well you see Kay, Im back for my family business. Im going legitmate and leaving the underworld for a new life. I will stick to it as long things hold up on my side.

Funny how it was more than a year for Mike to reach Kay and here I am, 10 years later. Lol

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO Go - 01/23/16 05:30 AM

Thank you and its good seeing your name there and the number grew to close 9 thousand members. Being number 66th member make me feel older and wiser for these younglings to learn from.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO Go - 01/23/16 06:44 AM

The only thing they left out of both movies was a scene at the end. I am sure it was included but cut from godfather 2 was never included in this. they left out the killing of the Rossado brothers. Michael talked about it as the end.
Posted By: lefty_two_guns

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO this mo - 01/23/16 09:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
I'm guessing that this is the "Saga" version that has been shown many times on cable over the years. It is the definitive version of GF and II, put together in chronological order--and, very importantly--with about 45 minutes of peerless deleted scenes included in the right places. Though I have all the versions of GF and II (including the Saga), I'm recording this HBO version because it's in hi-def, and (I'm hoping) they may have unearthed deleted scenes that haven't been shown, though I doubt it.

Its available here to download all you need is a torrent client.

Godfather a novel for tv

Watch about an hour this morning lots of scenes not in the movies, for example when they discuss the retribution on the movie producer, the death of Genco in the hospital and Vito getting revenge on the men who called his name as child. I have not watched the films for year but dont think they were in there.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO this mo - 01/24/16 06:46 PM

An interesting change in the order of things in GFII:

In the theatrical release, Michael has his tender moment with Anthony in his bedroom after the Tahoe shooting. But, in the "Epic" version, that scene take place before the shooting.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO this mo - 01/26/16 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: SC

Welcome back! It's been almost ten years.

Wow, ten years must surely be the longest time between two posts..
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO this mo - 02/02/16 04:16 AM

it was also in widescreen format. i wonder if it will make it to blu-ray and dvd.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO this mo - 02/03/16 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Paul Pisano
i wonder if it will make it to blu-ray and dvd.

I hope it does and I think it's likely to happen eventually. It's the ultimate experience after one has seen the original films. It will probably be exclusively on HBO for the time being.

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO this mo - 03/31/19 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by Sonny_Black
Originally Posted by Paul Pisano
i wonder if it will make it to blu-ray and dvd.

I hope it does and I think it's likely to happen eventually. It's the ultimate experience after one has seen the original films. It will probably be exclusively on HBO for the time being.

This Blu-ray pre-order link has appeared on Amazon. I don't really quite know what to make of it...

3 Discs

Run Time: 549 Minutes

Release date: June 11, 2019

ASIN: 6317790841

https://www.amazon.com/Godfather-Collection-Blu-ray-Marlon-Brando/dp/6317790841

Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO this mo - 04/09/19 01:51 AM

I don't think the one on amazon is the one that aired on HBO a few years ago, that had both 1 and 2 in chronological order. That one was called "The Godfather Saga".

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO this mo - 04/09/19 01:54 AM

Correction, it was called The Godfather Epic. The Godfather Saga was the same thing but made for tv and edited for content. The epic is the whole thing uncut. As far as I know it only aired on HBO and was never available for retail.

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO this mo - 04/09/19 01:56 AM

There's VHS copies on Amazon, cheapest going for $33 plus shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/6302383455/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all
Posted By: SC

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO this mo - 04/09/19 06:17 AM

You can get a lot of information about the many versions of the "Godfather" collections on these board's parent site, THE GODFATHER TRILOGY (click here)
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO this mo - 04/10/19 04:55 AM

I wish they would put The Godfather epic on Blu-ray. I love that version with it in chronological order and all of the deleted scenes included. My favorite way to watch the series.

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO this mo - 04/12/19 02:33 PM

Yes it's great. It's the only way I want to watch the franchise now, since I've seen the theatrical versions so many times. I've got my dvr set to grab it if hbo ever airs it again. Its nowhere to be found on the firestick apps either....so I hear.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO this mo - 04/19/19 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni
I wish they would put The Godfather epic on Blu-ray. I love that version with it in chronological order and all of the deleted scenes included. My favorite way to watch the series.

Agreed
Posted By: Mr. Blonde

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO this mo - 04/19/19 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Yes it's great. It's the only way I want to watch the franchise now, since I've seen the theatrical versions so many times. I've got my dvr set to grab it if hbo ever airs it again. Its nowhere to be found on the firestick apps either....so I hear.

Yeah, I have looked too. Of course it aired at a point when my DVR was not functioning.

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO this mo - 06/27/21 01:07 AM

Have to bump this thread. Anyone know if it's streaming anywhere? I'll sign up for the service right now. Only old VHS copies available for retail. Don't believe a blu-ray was ever released.
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO this mo - 07/06/21 01:07 AM

The best cut of the film. More sonny scenes.

Re: 7 1/2 hour version of The Godfather on HBO this mo - 07/07/21 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Have to bump this thread. Anyone know if it's streaming anywhere? I'll sign up for the service right now. Only old VHS copies available for retail. Don't believe a blu-ray was ever released.

I am patiently waiting for a Blu-ray to be released.

I have kept my VCR player, specifically so that I can play The GF Saga on it.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET