Home

Petition to erect a statue/plaque for Moe Greene

Posted By: Schumarks

Petition to erect a statue/plaque for Moe Greene - 07/24/15 11:53 AM

Please sign this petition to get a statue, sign-post or plaque for Moe Greene in the
City he built...LasVegas

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/give-moe-greene-a-plaque?source=c.em.mt&r_by=13716535

He deserves no less!!!
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Petition to erect a statue/plaque for Moe Greene - 07/24/15 05:50 PM

It was a ten minute part. And to the best of my knowledge, the only fictional character with a statue dedicated to him is Rocky Balboa. And even though Balboa is a far more iconic character, there was a lot of controversy over it.
Posted By: Professor_M

Re: Petition to erect a statue/plaque for Moe Greene - 07/25/15 04:06 AM

No, y'see, I think it's irony, or satire. Remember Hyman Roth said this was a great man, but there isn't so much as a statue or even a plaque of him, so ... ahh, never mind! uhwhat
Posted By: Schumarks

Re: Petition to erect a statue/plaque for Moe Greene - 07/25/15 10:50 PM

You got it professa!

Sign on and create a historic destination in Vegas
Posted By: Mr. Blonde

Re: Petition to erect a statue/plaque for Moe Greene - 07/27/15 02:27 PM

Hilarious!
Posted By: mustachepete

Re: Petition to erect a statue/plaque for Moe Greene - 07/27/15 02:47 PM

Would be better if people were pledging money for the statue/plaque. Irony works better if you pay for it out of your own pocket.
Posted By: Mr. Blonde

Re: Petition to erect a statue/plaque for Moe Greene - 07/27/15 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By: mustachepete
Would be better if people were pledging money for the statue/plaque. Irony works better if you pay for it out of your own pocket.

Come on. The petition only has 7 "signatures" as it is.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Petition to erect a statue/plaque for Moe Greene - 07/27/15 05:34 PM

Michael learned the lesson well. That Vito Corleone Medical Center in GF III is impressive.
Posted By: Professor_M

Re: Petition to erect a statue/plaque for Moe Greene - 07/29/15 01:57 AM

Pay for it? A fan with a petition can steal more than a dozen men with guns ... or something like that.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Petition to erect a statue/plaque for Moe Greene - 08/16/15 05:55 PM

For years now I've watched several History Channel and Discovery Channel (and other network presentations including Pawn Stars) about Siegel and the Flamingo Hotel. They still perpetuate the myth that "the city he invented was Las Vegas". They perpetuate the myth that the hotel's name was Virginia Hill's nickname. They neglect the origination role of Charles Wilkerson.

I guess such inaccuracies make good copy. Rather than a plaque for Moe Green, how about one for the networks?
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Petition to erect a statue/plaque for Moe Greene - 08/19/15 04:09 AM

PB, Arthur Fonzerelli has a statue dedicated to him in Downtown Milwaukee.
Posted By: johnny ola

Re: Petition to erect a statue/plaque for Moe Greene - 11/06/15 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
It was a ten minute part. And to the best of my knowledge, the only fictional character with a statue dedicated to him is Rocky Balboa. And even though Balboa is a far more iconic character, there was a lot of controversy over it.

Even a controversy surrounding the Frank Rizzo statue in Philly. cry
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET