Home

the Godfather series

Posted By: saltysenior

the Godfather series - 12/13/14 04:03 PM

is there a way of seeing the series in chronological order...I would love to watch them again ,but not in the present way, where they go back in time.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: the Godfather series - 12/13/14 04:31 PM

Yes. Some US cable channels regularly run "The Godfather Saga." This is a version that puts GF and II in chronological order--and includes scenes deleted in the theatrical versions. You should Google "Godfather Saga" to see if you can buy it anywhere.

Re: the Godfather series - 12/19/14 04:25 PM

can not find it for sale.....was it on a DVD ??

Re: the Godfather series - 12/19/14 08:27 PM

I haven't seen it on DVD in the US. It's often shown on cable.

Re: the Godfather series - 12/19/14 09:14 PM

too bad ...would love to have a "Godfather Day" where a bunch could watch it all day a feast on Sicilian food and wine ....
Posted By: Guiseppe Petri

Re: the Godfather series - 12/19/14 09:20 PM

I happen to have that dvd, very nice. The deleted scenes should have been left in. Fills alot of gaps

Re: the Godfather series - 12/20/14 03:40 PM

may i ask where you got it?.....the title?....length ??

Re: the Godfather series - 12/20/14 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Guiseppe Petri
I happen to have that dvd, very nice. The deleted scenes should have been left in. Fills alot of gaps

Amen to that.
Posted By: Guiseppe Petri

Re: the Godfather series - 12/21/14 12:20 AM

I happened onto it about 10 years ago. Its edited for tv, but nice nonetheless. If you would like a copy p.m. me.
Posted By: Professor_M

Re: the Godfather series - 12/21/14 01:28 PM

I remember that I picked up a nicely boxed 6-tape VHS set of the chronological saga in one of those Big Lots-type stores maybe 6-7 years ago for something like fifteen bucks. Big, flat box, by the way.

I transferred each tape to a DVD-R and then donated the box to a nearby church rummage sale. I hope they got something for it.

Re: the Godfather series - 12/21/14 02:55 PM

I remember that VHS set, Prof. My brother had it. I think it was released about 1980. If memory serves, it had many (but not all) of the deleted scenes.

Trying to keep track of all the theatrical, boxed set, VHS and DVDs of the GF Trilogy, here and abroad, would keep a team of statisticians busy for months.
Posted By: Professor_M

Re: the Godfather series - 12/21/14 09:40 PM

The chronological saga used to turn up about annually, on USA, or Bravo, or AMC, and probably other channels. We pointed out some differences in the edit presented in numerous places on these boards.

Paramount really should release a definitive version with absolutely all the existing scenes in it. They could allow viewers to seamlessly skip the restored stuff as an option.

Re: the Godfather series - 12/21/14 11:21 PM

I'm surprised that they haven't yet, because it'd give them another excuse to sell yet another version of the Trilogy to the loyalty like us.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: the Godfather series - 01/04/15 03:30 PM

Somebody had ripped the restored Saga that was broadcasted in high-definition by AMC and made it available on the internet. You can still download it on Usenet.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: the Godfather series - 01/07/15 04:30 AM

I too am surprised that it's not been released in this day and age..
Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt

Re: the Godfather series - 01/08/15 12:00 PM

I'm surprised that there isn't a Saga version out, considering the Blu-Ray transfers were done for the main films, and the only real work would be transferring the deleted scenes (which I think are already on the extras disc already).

Meanwhile, this 40th anniversary version fetches $200 online. Four discs, some pictures and a copy of the script? Seems a bit over the top.

http://www.amazon.com/Godfather-Annivers...dfather+blu+ray
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: the Godfather series - 06/26/15 10:08 PM

I have the 6 VHS tape set
Posted By: Mark

Re: the Godfather series - 08/21/15 12:34 AM

Originally Posted By: saltysenior

too bad ...would love to have a "Godfather Day" where a bunch could watch it all day a feast on Sicilian food and wine ....

That's called "Sunday" at my house... wink
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET