Home

Bruno Tattaglia

Posted By: NickyEyes1

Bruno Tattaglia - 09/06/14 05:19 PM

I just recently watched The Godfather again and it reminded me of something that I never understood.

Why did they never show Bruno Tattaglia getting killed? It was a pretty important event in the war and to the plot. I always wondered why they never put that in the movie.

What do you guys think?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Bruno Tattaglia - 09/06/14 08:58 PM

Probaby because FFC had three dramatic killing scenes to come up in short order: Paulie, Luca and Sol/Tatt. He didn't want to overload viewers.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Bruno Tattaglia - 09/06/14 09:12 PM

I agree with TB. At 4 hours, some sacrifices had to be made.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Bruno Tattaglia - 09/06/14 09:16 PM

Wikipedia has this:

"Bruno's death is not seen in the film (although Sal Tessio says "We hit Bruno Tattaglia at 4 o'clock this morning"), but in The Godfather: The Game, he is tossed into a cremation retort by the protagonist Aldo Trapani for murdering his girlfriend, Frances "Frankie" Malone."
Posted By: waynethegame

Re: Bruno Tattaglia - 09/06/14 09:59 PM

The novel also doesn't mention his death beyond the quote, so that was likely why as well. It happens "offscreen" there too.
Posted By: dontommasino

Re: Bruno Tattaglia - 09/08/14 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Probaby because FFC had three dramatic killing scenes to come up in short order: Paulie, Luca and Sol/Tatt. He didn't want to overload viewers.

Plus, the killing of Solozzo and Captain McCluskey is the much more dramatic kill.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Bruno Tattaglia - 09/09/14 12:46 AM

More powerful being said then being shown as it felt like you were Michael for a moment when Tom says it to Michael.
Posted By: Questadt

Re: Bruno Tattaglia - 09/15/14 12:17 AM

As I recall, it was actually Tessio who conveyed the news to Michael.

~ Q
Posted By: olivant

Re: Bruno Tattaglia - 09/15/14 09:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Questadt
As I recall, it was actually Tessio who conveyed the news to Michael.

~ Q

Yes, Tessio told Michael and Clemenza.

Also, even edited, the film was already 4 hours long.
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Bruno Tattaglia - 09/15/14 02:12 PM

I thought they killed Tattaglia in bed. I took the earlier "we hit Bruno Tattaglia at 4 o'clock" statement to mean they "hit" the Tattaglia family, as in, "attacked" a part of the family.
Posted By: waynethegame

Re: Bruno Tattaglia - 09/15/14 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Snakes
I thought they killed Tattaglia in bed. I took the earlier "we hit Bruno Tattaglia at 4 o'clock" statement to mean they "hit" the Tattaglia family, as in, "attacked" a part of the family.

Don Tattaglia (Phillip, I think?) was gunned down in bed with the prostitute. Bruno was whacked out of revenge for Luca's death/Don Corleone's shooting, but it wasn't shown just mentioned (in both the novel and film). In the game, the protagonist (Aldo Trapani, by default) kills Bruno by throwing him into a furnace in a crematorium in revenge for gunning down his girlfriend, however that's not canon so in reality Bruno's killer(s) are never mentioned. I always assumed it was just via some Corleone buttonmen that likely went to his nightclub late at night when he was cleaning up and gunned him down there.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET