Home

Godfather Script Sold at Auction

Posted By: MikeyO

Godfather Script Sold at Auction - 05/01/14 05:34 PM

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/godfa...ion-1028106.php

'Godfather' script goes for 24 times 'Pawn Stars' offer at auction

UPI News Service, 02/16/2012

Film producer Al Ruddy's wife confirmed she paid $12,000 at a Las Vegas charity auction for "The Godfather" script Ruddy had autographed.

ADVERTISEMENT

The studio copy of the screenplay for the classic gangster picture somehow made its way into a Catholic Charities thrift shop.

A woman who works for the organization tried to raise money for the group by selling the item on TV's "Pawn Stars" but said she felt it was worth more than the $500 they offered her, so she put it up for auction.

Ruddy wanted to help out and contributed photographs from "The Godfather" set. He also videotaped a congratulatory message for the new owner.

The Las Vegas Sun said that new owner turned out to be Ruddy's wife, Wanda McDaniel, who presented the producer with her purchase alongside his breakfast at their home in Beverly Hills, Calif.

"I was flabbergasted," Ruddy told the Sun.

"I have a very creative and talented husband who has managed to win two Oscars [Best Picture awards for 'The Godfather' in 1972 and 'Million Dollar Baby' in 2004], and I like to have things in twos to make our two children happy. So I wanted a second studio copy of the 'Godfather' screenplay," McDaniel, an executive vice president of Giorgio Armani, told the newspaper. "It was for a wonderful charity, and this is a wonderful legacy for our family."

Read more at http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/godfa...9J37Jj89msDs.99
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Godfather Script Sold at Auction - 05/02/14 11:17 AM

I saw that episode. The script simply had the signature of a guy named Al. No last name. Their so-called "expert" came in and verified that it was Al Pacino's signature, and months later they found out it was actually Al Ruddy who signed it. Some expert rolleyes.

Re: Godfather Script Sold at Auction - 05/02/14 11:32 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I saw that episode. The script simply had the signature of a guy named Al. No last name. Their so-called "expert" came in and verified that it was Al Pacino's signature, and months later they found out it was actually Al Ruddy who signed it. Some expert rolleyes.

LOL Yeah I like how they have experts for every piece of junk that comes through the door.

Re: Godfather Script Sold at Auction - 05/02/14 11:37 AM

Originally Posted By: MikeyO

LOL Yeah I like how they have experts for every piece of junk that comes through the door.

I like the book expert, Rebecca. She has that nerdy-hot chick quality that I love grin .

Re: Godfather Script Sold at Auction - 05/02/14 12:09 PM

I like the book expert, Rebecca. She has that nerdy-hot chick quality that I love grin .

Yeah I like her bleu eyes she's a pretty nerd

Re: Godfather Script Sold at Auction - 05/02/14 12:56 PM

Whose AL Ruddy?
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Godfather Script Sold at Auction - 05/02/14 02:52 PM

$12,000 doesn't seem alot for a GF script..
Posted By: Professor_M

Re: Godfather Script Sold at Auction - 05/02/14 11:52 PM

Why didn't he hang on to it in the first place? Or sign another copy himself? When you can blow $12 grand like that, you've got too much money.

Re: Godfather Script Sold at Auction - 05/07/14 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Professor_M
Why didn't he hang on to it in the first place? Or sign another copy himself? When you can blow $12 grand like that, you've got too much money.

PB is right Rebecca Romney is pretty hot for a book expert. Although she looks better with her hair down I bet she's a lesbian. The two other guys especially the guy on the right (craigh gottlieb) is an expert on antique weapons and playing swords.
Posted By: NNY78

Re: Godfather Script Sold at Auction - 05/07/14 08:08 AM

MikeyO,

Thanks for the topic, I'm a fan of Pawn Stars. From what I have seen the son Cory is the worst when it comes to paying anything close to a fair price, at least the Dad and the Old Man have somewhat of a conscience. I think your new avatar describes you perfectly, great selection tongue

Re: Godfather Script Sold at Auction - 05/07/14 09:54 AM

Whose AL Ruddy?

Hollywood producer.

Re: Godfather Script Sold at Auction - 05/07/14 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By: NNY78
MikeyO,

Thanks for the topic, I'm a fan of Pawn Stars. From what I have seen the son Cory is the worst when it comes to paying anything close to a fair price, at least the Dad and the Old Man have somewhat of a conscience. I think your new avatar describes you perfectly, great selection tongue

Yeah no problem. Who isn't a fan it seems they make 10 episodes a week. I never knew Vegas had so many experts in precise area's.

Corey is a fat asshole that forces himself on girl's and probably worse ..I'd like to show him an antique firearm and have it accidentally shoot him through his fat neck so he that fat pig falls and is impaled by shards of glass and dies in the shop like the fat slob that arrogant prick he is.

Re: Godfather Script Sold at Auction - 05/07/14 04:41 PM

Corey is a fat asshole that forces himself on girl's and probably worse ..I'd like to show him an antique firearm and have it accidentally shoot him through his fat neck so he that fat pig falls and is impaled by shards of glass and dies in the shop like the fat slob that arrogant prick he is.

Totally agree. I HATE that kid. When he was whining in several episodes about how he deserved to be a partner I almost threw the television out the window.

And he thinks he's cool, too. You know---you just know---that he and Chum didn't have any friends in school but each other. And Rick was probably a pretty big geek as a kid himself.

Re: Godfather Script Sold at Auction - 05/07/14 05:14 PM

Totally agree. I HATE that kid. When he was whining in several episodes about how he deserved to be a partner I almost threw the television out the window.

And he thinks he's cool, too. You know---you just know---that he and Chum didn't have any friends in school but each other. And Rick was probably a pretty big geek as a kid himself.

lol Don't throw you tv out the window, must be all the pollen is driving people nuts and the weather going from 40 to 80 every other day. I don't think Corey has any fans.

I read somewhere Rick was into bootlegging and sold fake Gucci Bags before teaming up with the old man. I'll try and find the article.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET