Home

Godfather book series.

Posted By: Jimmy_The_Gent321

Godfather book series. - 05/29/13 12:20 AM

I currently own The Family Corleone, The Godfather's Revenge, The Godfather Returns, The Sicilian, and The Godfather. In which order should I read them.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Godfather book series. - 05/29/13 01:19 AM

Read the GF first. It has a certain majesty that the other works could ruin for you.

Re: Godfather book series. - 05/29/13 04:26 AM

Thank you very much. But where should I go from there because The Family Corleone takes place before the Godfather, The Sicilian takes place during the Godfather, and Returns takes place immediately after the Godfather and Revenge takes place after Returns. So I am a bit confused on how it will work chronologically. I do love the movies also by the way and watch them (excluding III of course) whenever I get the free time.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Godfather book series. - 05/29/13 02:55 PM

Once you've read the GF, you can read the others in chronological order. But I'd first see the films.
Posted By: EnzoBaker

Re: Godfather book series. - 05/30/13 04:55 AM

I hadn't even noticed that "The Family Corleone" came out last year.

What's the consensus? The Winegardner books were not very well received -- at least around here.

Re: Godfather book series. - 05/30/13 05:05 AM

From what I have heard it is better than the WineGardner books, but of course it doesn't compare to Puzo's. This
is generally what I have heard, I'll give you my own thoughts when I read the book.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET