Home

Who was the better Don?

Posted By: XDCX

Who was the better Don? - 02/16/04 06:31 AM

In your opinions, who do you think was the better overall Don, Vito or Michael? Once you've made your choice, state your reason(s). Grazie!
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/16/04 06:34 AM

Forgive me, I typed "state your reasons" before I realized that all you can do on the poll is vote. But if you'd like, you can state your reasons by replying to my post.
Posted By: Bella_Dana

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/16/04 10:06 AM

i voted for michael, i cant give u a straight answer for the reason i chose him, cause i loved vito as the don aswell but i think because they showed michaels story (most parts they r showin michael as the don) i feel him more as the don than vito, but i think vito was good 2.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/16/04 03:27 PM

I go with Vito. He was patient (as was Michael), but was more well-liked, which I think is important in keeping your "enemies close". smile

TIS
Posted By: angiez23

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/16/04 03:30 PM

I go with vito too
Posted By: Alonzo the Armless

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/16/04 04:17 PM

Another vote for Vito. I chose him because he came across as more compassionate. I'm thinking of how he took care of the old woman in PART II and of Bonnaserra. I don't see Michael as being as generous in those situations. Micael also lost points with me by having Fredo killed. I don't think Vito would have killed his own brother.
Posted By: Don Pope

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/16/04 04:57 PM

well vito did make a drastic mistake by sayin no to the deal, thus causing an entire war, his son gettin killed, his loyal men betrayin him, and micheal turning into the family business. he was still a great don. but micheal never made a mistake in his dealings with the don except for the killing of his brother. he always won in the end. thats why i think mike was the better don. Cuz in that kind of business a compassionate warm hearted man like vito is not wats needed, a cold-hearted and calculated man like micheal is.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/16/04 06:15 PM

I vote for Vito. While he was treacherous as a Don, he was also a Don who knew how to treat people respectfully, even his enemies. Michael was definately a great Don too, but he had an arrogance about him and at times could be very cruel to his own people/family. Don Vito would never show any sort of arrogance when speaking and definatley would never be cruel to his own people/family. Look at the way Vito handled Tom when Mike coldly told him. "you're out!" Don Vito had a soft way of getting what he wanted while Mike lacked that softness. Michael became toooo cold, where Vito had much more reason to be a cold person because of his childhood, seeing his Mother, Father and Brother wiped out, etc. Yet he remained a Strong, Cunning, Demanding leader but at the same time a compassionate man especially with his own blood family. Vito would NEVER have had his own Brother killed the way Mike did.

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: cannoli

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/16/04 06:28 PM

Vito. The mistake in refusing Solozzo wasn't his. It was Sonny's for exposing division within the family over how to approach the deal.
Posted By: dapperdon

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/16/04 09:05 PM

I voted for Michael because in my opinion, although he was forced into the family after he'd tried to distance himself, he proved to be a natural Don, and he tried all his life to become legitimate, but they kept 'pulling him back in'
Posted By: The Puppet Mistress

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/16/04 09:10 PM

I like them both, but I voted for Don Michael because although he was ruthless, it was 'business not personal' and was all to try and become legitimate.
But I do think he went a bit far with Fredo frown
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/16/04 10:50 PM

Vito was the cause of the RISE of the Corleone Empire.
Michael was the cause of the FALL of the Corleone Empire.

Hence my vote: Vito. smile Although Michael's reign is a more compelling watch.

Mick
Posted By: ScarfaceRH

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/17/04 12:01 AM

I chose Vito. He was, IMO, smarter than Michael.

Riley
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/17/04 04:27 AM

Vito I casted for my vote. Vito was a man of respect and people loved him. Michael even admits he was more feared than love in Godfather Part III, as he speaks to Don Tommasio that he wnated to be more loved than feared.
Posted By: boneear

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/17/04 01:28 PM

The way that he deals with Fanucci goves Vito my vote. In the book it says that he doesnt mention killing him. I love it.
Posted By: goombah

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/17/04 05:19 PM

Vito, hands down. While both possessed good instincts, Vito knew how to deal with people better than Michael. Michael alienated those around him & displayed very little trust for those around him.
Posted By: Nyah

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/17/04 05:24 PM

i would probably be the odd one to say this, but i thought both vito and michael were dons in their own respective time...
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/17/04 05:50 PM

I would have voted for Don Mattingly. I hope he gets in the Hall some day. He had a short career but some very productive years. smile
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/18/04 03:26 AM

Forget Mattingly. Don Ameche is my pick, he not only took on Eddie Murphy and the stock exchange in Trading Places, he got some kickass fountain of youth shiznit in Cocoon. lol
Posted By: greekgirl

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/22/04 11:33 PM

Vito was the better don.
Various reasons: Vito built the family business. Michael inherited it. Vito was ruthless, but fair. We get the sense Michael's just ruthless. Can anyone imagine Vito having a famiy member killed, as Fredo is?
They both have equal amounts of cunning and
ambition, but Vito has the edge here.
Also get the sense that Vito's men felt more loyalty to their don than Michael's men did.
Posted By: DannyMontana

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/23/04 03:15 AM

I chose Vito, although Michael was great. I also believe that if Sonny wasn't so naive and ill tempered, he would have been a great don.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/23/04 03:25 AM

Do you mind explaining how Sonny was naive?
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/23/04 07:50 PM

Vito though was making a mistake as he gave jobs like the other Dons did in Sicily to people who might not be qualified for them. Dr. Taza for instance is a doctor no one willingly would go to. Don Corleone wanted friendship more than giving people important jobs that they need to be qualified for. Michael realized that eventually this could spread and he does what he thinks is right and he will hire the men who he feels qualified for jobs rather than just making friends.
Posted By: matthew

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/23/04 08:23 PM

i think he is more head strong that micheal
Posted By: Vito The Godfather

Re: Who was the better Don? - 02/24/04 01:08 PM

Don Vito, of course. Although Michael was an amazing Blasting picture of person, Vito had more power and respect than ANY other. Even though, I still love the way Michael handled his situations.
Posted By: atownplaya

Re: Who was the better Don? - 03/03/04 01:37 AM

the best don was vito
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET