Home

Favorite Hit in the '55 Massacre?

Posted By: Mr_Willie_Cicci

Favorite Hit in the '55 Massacre? - 10/21/12 03:00 AM

In the '55 Massacre, what is your favorite hit? I have to go with a tie between my namesake killing Cuneo and Al Neri killing Stracci. Both have an intensity about them and are shot better. You see Fat Clemenza huffing and puffing up those stairs; Rocco and the other buttonman using the machine guns is a bit overkill. Willie and Al seem very collected, suave, and efficient about the job they have to do: Very efficient buttonmen. I love how Willie gets a shave and a haircut at the same hotel as the hit, and Neri is just plain awesome in general.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Favorite Hit in the '55 Massacre? - 10/21/12 04:33 PM

Al Neri killed Barzini.

I think the Stracci hit by Clemenza is pretty gruesome. The hit on Cuneo is stylish and the hit on Barzini very professional.
Posted By: Hisenberg

Re: Favorite Hit in the '55 Massacre? - 10/21/12 07:02 PM

Barzini was the coolest one. I loved the way the music and the scene went together
Posted By: Danito

Re: Favorite Hit in the '55 Massacre? - 10/22/12 04:18 AM

For me it's Cuneo. He sees that he's trapped. His face shows that he sees his fate.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Favorite Hit in the '55 Massacre? - 10/22/12 01:55 PM

Hands down Cuneo with that expression on his face. I thought Barzini was not realistic....a pistol shot at that range?
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Favorite Hit in the '55 Massacre? - 10/22/12 09:08 PM

Cuneo. what do you think would happen if a mob family did that in real life
Posted By: Appolla

Re: Favorite Hit in the '55 Massacre? - 10/25/12 11:42 PM

I love Clemeza in that scene, the situation is so ironic. But then I generally like the Clemeza hits and the comic aspect to counter what is going on.
Posted By: dontommasino

Re: Favorite Hit in the '55 Massacre? - 10/26/12 01:17 PM

Cuneo, just for the dramatic tones that FFC puts in that scene (shaving, revolving door, etc.)
Posted By: Guiseppe Petri

Re: Favorite Hit in the '55 Massacre? - 10/27/12 01:43 AM

DT:

Neri was trained for those types of shootings - moving distance, etc.. In those days they had a 6 shot 38 caliber revolver - you had to make those shots count at all costs. The 2 shots that Barzini took were fatal shots - spinal column, heart. If you watch the scene, when Barzini get hit, right before he turns around, the 2 shots are grouped very closely - thats not from luck, that is from skill and extensive training. The shooting position that Neri takes is for steading the shot and accuracy - from training and reptition, he is not going to miss. Neri is just that good.

In the scene where Rocco busts into the room with he other button,. if you look at it when the shooting starts the barrel of the other buttons gun is pointing at the floor and stays there while he is shooting.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET