Home

The Sicilian & Godfather timeline

Posted By: Sonny_Black

The Sicilian & Godfather timeline - 10/20/12 05:26 PM

I haven't read the Sicilian, but for those who have read it I want to ask this: does this novel specifically state that it takes place in 1950? Or is this just presumed because of its main character's real-life counterpart?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: The Sicilian & Godfather timeline - 10/20/12 05:34 PM

Yes, Sonny. "Book 1" or "Part 1" (I forget the exact terminology) opens in Sicily 1950. It's actually printed that way. I'll try to take a cell pic or something.

Re: The Sicilian & Godfather timeline - 10/20/12 05:40 PM

Here you go, Sonny. From the first edition copy.

Re: The Sicilian & Godfather timeline - 10/20/12 05:57 PM

Bummer. Just when I thought we could dismiss the Sicilian as an argument for the date of Michael's return, it pulled me back in. panic

I want to torment Puzo's soul for leaving us with such a frustratingly confusing timeline.

Re: The Sicilian & Godfather timeline - 10/20/12 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Bummer. Just when I thought we could dismiss the Sicilian as an argument for the date of Michael's return, it pulled me back in. panic

I want to torment Puzo's soul for leaving us with such a frustratingly confusing timeline.

I had a feeling it would be bad news for you ohwell.

Re: The Sicilian & Godfather timeline - 10/20/12 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black

I had a feeling it would be bad news for you ohwell.

Anyway, thanks for showing it to me.

Re: The Sicilian & Godfather timeline - 10/20/12 06:19 PM

No problem. But you really should read the book, Sonny. It doesn't add anything to Michael's character development, per se, but Puzo manages to paint a beautiful picture of Western Sicily. I honestly thought it was his most thoughtful book. And even though the ending is a given because of the Giuliano character's real life demise, it's hard not to feel bad for the guy because of the character who ultimately betrays him (in Puzo's fictionalized account, anyway). And the meeting at the end of the book between Vito and a returning Michael is a must read for any fan of the franchise.
Posted By: The_Doctor

Re: The Sicilian & Godfather timeline - 02/08/13 06:37 AM

It's great book! Actually I think I read this one first because I was interested in Giuliano, and that was how I discovered The Godfather.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET