Home

Michael's enemies..

Posted By: Trilogy

Michael's enemies.. - 06/11/12 06:31 PM

Just a silly question...

After destroying all the five families..I'm sure there has to be atleast some relative like a son or a brother to come looking for revenge against Michael. Or maybe other bosses in different citites had partnership agreements with the other dons so they'd be angry too. Sooo realistically could Michael have lived for that long lol?
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Michael's enemies.. - 06/11/12 06:52 PM

No silly question at all. What the Corleones did was shock and awe. The novel states that shortly after the massacre the most important caporegimes in the Tattaglia and Barzini families sided with the Corleones. But it's also stated that hostilities continued for another year. I'm sure that after the massacre Michael had made a lot of enemies. But I think nobody was willing to challenge the most powerful family in the country. The Corleones cut the head of the snake. The rest just went along.

Also, I'm sure a lot of people profited from the massacre. In the mob, everyone is luring for the top spot.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Michael's enemies.. - 06/11/12 10:02 PM

Possible vengeance from survivors of The Great Massacre wasn't out of the question for Michael. That's one of the reasons why he kept Clemenza, and later Pentangeli, reporting to him. They and their organization were his muscle--his deterrent.

BTW, in a deleted scene, Neri shows Michael a photo of Fabrizzio, and tells him that Fab entered the US in 1955, "sponsored by the Barzini family." That tells me there was one or more survivor(s) in the Barzini family with a link to the past, even if it was to make good on a promise Barz made to Fab.
Posted By: Danito

Re: Michael's enemies.. - 06/12/12 12:28 PM

In the novel, Fabrizio was killed more or less at the same time like Barzini.
Posted By: dontommasino

Re: Michael's enemies.. - 06/12/12 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Trilogy
Just a silly question...

After destroying all the five families..I'm sure there has to be atleast some relative like a son or a brother to come looking for revenge against Michael. Or maybe other bosses in different citites had partnership agreements with the other dons so they'd be angry too. Sooo realistically could Michael have lived for that long lol?

If it did happen it was probably the equivalent of an annoying mosquito buzzing around you at night. Nothing significant, but annoying nevertheless.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Michael's enemies.. - 06/12/12 01:49 PM

Michael had plenty of enemies, but for them to succeed the timing had to be right. Tke for example Hyman Roth. he waited several years before he tried to make his move.
Posted By: danielperrygin

Re: Michael's enemies.. - 06/12/12 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull

BTW, in a deleted scene, Neri shows Michael a photo of Fabrizzio, and tells him that Fab entered the US in 1955, "sponsored by the Barzini family." That tells me there was one or more survivor(s) in the Barzini family with a link to the past, even if it was to make good on a promise Barz made to Fab.

This is why the saga is so much beter, i wish thy would show it every other time they plan on showing just the regular movie on tv.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Michael's enemies.. - 06/12/12 04:33 PM

I agree. I wonder why AMC doesn't just show the Trilogy with all the deleted scenes each time? Perhaps it has somehting to do with the financial agreement it has with FFC et al.

I've always wondered if there are additional deleted scenes that have never shown up on TV. Certainly, FFC shot more footage than the screen reveals.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Michael's enemies.. - 06/12/12 08:40 PM

Oli, there are probably dozens of hours of film "on the cutting room floor." And, I bet many of them include endings or plotlines that were filmed and abandoned. What I wouldn't give to see them!
Posted By: olivant

Re: Michael's enemies.. - 06/12/12 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Oli, there are probably dozens of hours of film "on the cutting room floor." And, I bet many of them include endings or plotlines that were filmed and abandoned. What I wouldn't give to see them!

I wonder if we could coax FFC to release some of them?

Re: Michael's enemies.. - 06/13/12 12:29 AM

Thats what im talking about!
Posted By: brucele

Re: Michael's enemies.. - 06/14/12 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Danito

Yes,that's right.
Posted By: dontommasino

Re: Michael's enemies.. - 06/14/12 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Danito

He was shot in the novel instead of blown up too, wasn't he?
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Michael's enemies.. - 06/14/12 03:51 PM

Yes, shot in his pizza shop.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Michael's enemies.. - 06/14/12 06:58 PM

What death did you guys prefer? Michael blasting Fabrizio with a lupara shotgun? Fabrizio being clipped by one of Michael's henchmen (as stated in the novel)? Or Fabrizio being blown to pieces as seen in GF II?

I'll go for Michael blasting him with the lupara.
Posted By: DonNordy

Re: Michael's enemies.. - 06/14/12 07:18 PM

He should have gone the same way he killed Apollonia. If I was Michael that's what I would have done!

Re: Michael's enemies.. - 06/14/12 10:38 PM

News flash: Thats what he did...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET