Home

Who approached you? Was it Barzini...

Posted By: dontommasino

Who approached you? Was it Barzini... - 05/23/12 03:08 PM

Did Michael already know the answer to the question and was just looking for Carlo to verbally confirm who it was?
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Who approached you? Was it Barzini... - 05/23/12 06:07 PM

Yes, he knew it was Barzini who approached Carlo. That was not why he asked Carlo the question. His real reasoning was he wanted Carlo to admit setting Sonny up in front of witnesses (i.e. Hagen and others in the room). After all he was ging to kill COnnie's husband, and he had to have clear proof and a witnessed confession of guilt to avoid any possible rift in the family.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Who approached you? Was it Barzini... - 05/24/12 02:25 AM

Also, it was just Michael's way. He was like a shark circling his prey. The shark knows his prey can't escape and it feels invincible. It was his style. It extended the drama.
Posted By: Lilo

Re: Who approached you? Was it Barzini... - 05/24/12 12:17 PM

"Get out of my sight" is one of the best lines in a film full of great ones. Perfectly delivered.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Who approached you? Was it Barzini... - 06/26/12 12:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Lilo
"Get out of my sight" is one of the best lines in a film full of great ones. Perfectly delivered.

Definitely also i love in gf 2 when he shouts at pentangelli in my home where my children sleep.
Posted By: goombah

Re: Who approached you? Was it Barzini... - 06/26/12 04:11 PM

I thought that scene perfectly exemplified the description of Michael in the novel. Pacino nailed it. Puzo described Michael having that "deliciously chilly" feeling, which he experienced a couple of times during the novel. Once was at the hospital when he went to visit his father and found the bodyguards gone, next was when he goaded McCluskey intro striking him outside of the hospital, and then again in Vegas when Michael warned Fredo to not side with anyone but family.

Puzo had one of the best written moments of the novel when Michael confronted Carlo. It was something to the effect of "Carlo Rizzo saw Michael Corleone standing there, just as he had in his nightmares."
Posted By: olivant

Re: Who approached you? Was it Barzini... - 06/26/12 04:38 PM

G, you've expressed what I've been thinking. I never took the time to post it, but, yes, Michael hid his intentions and feelings pretty well. Tessio cited Michael's "force cleverly kept hidden".
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Who approached you? Was it Barzini... - 06/27/12 03:47 AM

This question made the rounds several times here. Some people thought Michael either wasn't really sure, or was trying to justify having Carlo killed, as if he had "scruples." In the novel, the others were "astonished" that Michael even asked, when Carlo was so plainly guilty, and thought he was "not yet the man his father was."
Posted By: 45ACP

Re: Who approached you? Was it Barzini... - 07/01/12 01:25 AM

That scene reminds me of watching Tom enter the room and sit down against the wall and check his inside coat pocket (making sure he had the airline tickets). Of course Michael later asks Tom for the tickets. A little mistake on Duvall's part or FFC's for leaving it in the final cut.
Posted By: Danito

Re: Who approached you? Was it Barzini... - 07/03/12 09:11 AM

Original geschrieben von: 45ACP
That scene reminds me of watching Tom enter the room and sit down against the wall and check his inside coat pocket (making sure he had the airline tickets). Of course Michael later asks Tom for the tickets. A little mistake on Duvall's part or FFC's for leaving it in the final cut.

Why do you think it's a mistake? I consider it good acting.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET