Home

How long was Mike married to Appalonia?

Posted By: MaryCas

How long was Mike married to Appalonia? - 11/27/11 06:51 PM

As we watched GF and GF2 to aid in Thanksgiving Day digestion, one of my cousins asked, "How long were Mike and Appalonia married?" I don't recall this topic ever being posted. It is a rather unexciting topic that doesn't have any bearing on the plot. But I said, maybe a few weeks. After all he taught her the days of the week. Is there any hard evidence or just speculation.
Posted By: SC

Re: How long was Mike married to Appalonia? - 11/27/11 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
I don't recall this topic ever being posted. It is a rather unexciting topic that doesn't have any bearing on the plot.

When has that ever stopped us from discussing something here?
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: How long was Mike married to Appalonia? - 11/27/11 07:52 PM

Ain't that the truth! lol

Let's see, he met her, they got married, he taught her to drive in circles, Sonny was killed, and then they were going to move. Doesn't seem like a lot of time elapsed.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: How long was Mike married to Appalonia? - 11/27/11 08:21 PM

According to the timeline I posted a while back, based on the novel, Michael and Appolonia were married probably less than two months before she was killed.
Posted By: olivant

Re: How long was Mike married to Appalonia? - 11/27/11 08:25 PM

In a deleted scene, Mike tells Manolo "It was only a couple of months, but I was already tired of her. That bomb in the car wasn't meant for me."
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: How long was Mike married to Appalonia? - 11/27/11 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant
In a deleted scene, Mike tells Manolo "It was only a couple of months, but I was already tired of her. That bomb in the car wasn't meant for me."

Yes! Now I recall, Manolo was the gardener at the villa. In an undeleted scene you can just catch a glimpse of his butt as he bends over to pick some weeds. He is off to the right when Fabrizio runs through the gate. Supposedly he suffered some deafness in his right ear from the blast; some second degree burns on his right arm. whistle
Posted By: olivant

Re: How long was Mike married to Appalonia? - 11/27/11 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Originally Posted By: olivant

Yes! Now I recall, Manolo was the gardener at the villa. In an undeleted scene you can just catch a glimpse of his butt as he bends over to pick some weeds. He is off to the right when Fabrizio runs through the gate. Supposedly he suffered some deafness in his right ear from the blast; some second degree burns on his right arm. whistle

No, no. Manolo was the Corleone gardner. He was never in Sicily. I think you are thinking of Calo's "friend".
Posted By: Danito

Re: How long was Mike married to Appalonia? - 11/28/11 12:45 AM

"January, February, Aprily, Eseptembrery..."
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: How long was Mike married to Appalonia? - 12/02/11 06:15 PM

Not too long cause they never had a fight.
Wonder how long they were engaged.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET