Home

Watching the edited versions on AMC...

Posted By: Struck By the Thunderbolt

Watching the edited versions on AMC... - 05/10/06 10:27 PM

How different do you think the experience is watching it edited vs uncut? Would you still recommend watching it that way?

I watched the AMC version of I, DVD of II, and the DVD of III doesn't come in for another couple of weeks so I think I'm just going to watch the AMC version I recorded.

Any objections?
Posted By: reynols

Re: Watching the edited versions on AMC... - 05/10/06 10:46 PM

i prefer the dvd personally so i get the exact dialogue
but watchin the AMC uncut version is not too much different and still presents the film very well
Posted By: mustachepete

Re: Watching the edited versions on AMC... - 05/10/06 11:26 PM

Originally posted by Struck By the Thunderbolt:
Any objections?
You ought to be out in the fresh air kicking a ball around and making friends instead of slouching in front of the TV ruining your eyes and turning into a blob.
Posted By: Struck By the Thunderbolt

Re: Watching the edited versions on AMC... - 05/10/06 11:35 PM

Posted By: Mignon

Re: Watching the edited versions on AMC... - 05/11/06 12:03 AM

I don't care what version I'm watching. I just love the movie. smile
Posted By: flucko

Re: Watching the edited versions on AMC... - 05/11/06 12:44 AM

The first time I saw The Godfather was on broadcast television where they cut the violence, change the dialogue a bit and even skip some scenes so the film can run in the time allotted. But guess what? I still loved the movie.

But I prefer the DVD though.
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: Watching the edited versions on AMC... - 05/11/06 01:33 PM

A movie is meant to be watched unedited and without commercial interruption.

I feel that the way to discover a movie is by watching it unedited, the way the filmmakers intended. Subsequent viewings when it is on TV is fine.

But if someone discovers the GF on TV and then goes back and watches the DVD, then good for them.

And I agree, the GF is mostly free of major cursing and the volience, while pretty graphic, is pretty tame by today's standards. Most of the times I find everything intact.

I feel Parts I and II are rated R for the themes present, not actually because it contains a lot of language or violence.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET